NATION

PASSWORD

[NSG Senate] Senate Chamber: Do We Have Work?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Skyviolia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyviolia » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:20 am

Argentarino wrote:
The Sarian wrote:"Another bill proposed by the SLP with very little cross-party support."

"With respect to the Honorable Member, Mr. Speaker, I had submitted this bill twice for the review of my colleagues before I introduced it to the floor. I asked for sponsors, comments, and yet, with the exception of the leader of the Chinese Interests Party and my Honorable Colleague from the Path to Harmony who coauthored this bill, the other parties were silent. Now, if I had pushed this through the Chamber without bringing this bill to the attention of the Honorable Members assembled today without doing my due diligence, the Honorable Member might feel in the right. However, I was met with silence, despite asking for my colleagues to review this bill twice. So I find the accusation baseless, Mr. Speaker."

Michel clapped.
Qui est-ce ?

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:24 am

"Order, order. Debate on the Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act. is now closed. We now begin debate on the Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act (Rt. Hon Siva Jeyaretnam) which is a government bill."

Order Paper

All times stated are tentatively 1830 UTC + 8 (Elizian Timezone) unless stated.

Sunday to Monday - Fishery Regulation Establishment Act (Rt. Hon Cornelius Sivousong-van der Loon)

Monday to Tuesday - The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act (Sen. Sayid Kasturi and Rt. Hon Tjilik Beluluk)

Tuesday to Wednesday - Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act (Rt. Hon Siva Jeyaretnam)

Wednesday to Thursday - Oral Questions to the President

Thursday to Friday - Collective Bargaining and Trade Union Rights Act (Rt. Hon Cornelius Sivousong-van der Loon)

Friday to Saturday - Voting on proposed bills

Saturday to Sunday - Voting on proposed bIlls

"Again, attached is the bill for easy reference."

Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act
| Author: Siva Jeyaratnam (Electrum)
| Sponsor: Prime Minister Raharjo Iskandar-Bambang (Arkolon) |
An Act to invest an additional function to the Federal Reserve Bank of Elizia

(1)
The second section of the Central Bank Act will be amended to add the following text: c) Oversee the transactions between financial institutions by setting up and maintaining a financial payments system for Elizia according to the Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act.
(2)
The third section of the Central Bank Act will be amended to read: Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank, the Monetary Council, the Payments Council as well as the Board of the Federal Reserve Bank of Elizia. as well as adding on the additional subsection: c) The Payments Council shall be composed of the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank, who shall preside over it, as well as persons distinguished by their knowledge of financial matters - appointed by the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank - for a period of 6 years. A person cannot be part of both the Payments Council and the Monetary Council.
(3)
The Payments Council will use current best practise worldwide to administer the financial payments system to ensure confidence in the financial system of Elizia. The Payments Council shall procure a reasonable amount of appropriate infrastructure including, but not limited to servers, buildings, etc. to house the financial payments system. The Payments Council may create other rules and regulations as necessary to protect the confidence of Elizia's financial system.
(4)
Two initial payments systems shall be created, each serving different purposes.
a) The retail system between individuals and their financial institutions shall be based on a deferred net settlement system, with financial instructions to be carried out at 8am every day.
b) The wholesale system between financial institutions and other high-value transactions shall be based on a real time gross settlement system.

"I will now take this moment to remind all assembled of the current allocation for President's Questions."

Elizia First/Path to Harmony/Chinese Interests Party/Labour Party - ONE (1) question each from a backbencher
Social Liberal Party/Liberal Democrats - SIX (6) questions
National Workers' Party - THREE (3) questions
Elizian National Congress/National Islamic Party/People's Front - ONE (1) question each
Last edited by Tumbra on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Nariterrr
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:29 am

"Point of order, If a finance bill fails, does the Parliament show that it no longer has confidence in the President?"
Last edited by Nariterrr on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Honestly who knows what about anything anymore.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:35 am

Nariterrr wrote:"Point of order, If a finance bill fails, does the Parliament show that it no longer has confidence in the President?"

"I believe the Hon. Member is referring to a point of information, and because the Constitution is extremely vague on what is counted as "confidence", I shall count it as the failure to pass a supply bill."
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)

Nariterrr
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:36 am

Tumbra wrote:
Nariterrr wrote:"Point of order, If a finance bill fails, does the Parliament show that it no longer has confidence in the President?"

"I believe the Hon. Member is referring to a point of information, and because the Constitution is extremely vague on what is counted as "confidence", I shall count it as the failure to pass a supply bill."

"Note taken, Mr. Speaker."
Honestly who knows what about anything anymore.

Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Electrum Diplomatic Offices » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:58 am

This bill adds an additional function to the Central Bank that pretty much all other central banks around the world administer, a payments system to facilitate the flow of funds.
Manager of Electrum Commerce: co-owner of Air Terranea, co-owner of Dream Games (thread) and manages the Electrum Airports Authority
Shocking at WorldVision
Electrum Statistics Office and Electrum Embassy Programme

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:53 am

"Mr Speaker, can we stop calling questions to the President oral?"
Slava Ukraini

Tumbra
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:52 am

"Order, order. Debate on the Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act. is now closed. We now begin debate on the Emergency Policing Act (Rt. Hon Abraham Kamassi) which is a government bill."

Order Paper

Sunday to Monday - The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act (Sen. Sayid Kasturi and Rt. Hon Tjilik Beluluk)

Monday to Tuesday - Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act (Rt. Hon Siva Jeyaretnam)

Tuesday to Wednesday - Emergency Policing Act (Rt. Hon Abraham Kamassi)

Thursday to Friday - National Revenue Service Establishment Act (Rt. Hon Raharjo Iskandar-Bambang)

"Again, attached is the bill for easy reference."

Emergency Policing Act
Author: The Hon. Home Secretary Abraham Kamassi (Maklohi Vai)
Sponsors: The Rt Hon. President Raharjo Iskandar-Bambang (Arkolon)

An act to provide for the security of the Federal Capital Territory

BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED by the Head of the State, by and with the counsel of the Government, and the authority of the Federal Parliament by virtue of the powers placed upon it by the Law, as follows:

§1 - The Capital Police Force
Hereby establishes the Capital Police Force of Elizia (CPF), which
1) retains primacy, over any other force, public or private, in the Federal Capital Territory of Elizia,

2) shall be headed by a Commissioner of Capital Police (hereafter Commissioner), who is appointed by the Home Secretary upon the consent and advice of the President of Elizia, and may be removed by either official,

3) shall be under the purview of the Home Office and reliant upon it for funding and supervision,

4) shall consist of individuals, each an Officer of the Capital Police Force of Elizia (hereafter Officer);

§2 - Powers
1) An Officer has the power to arrest any individual the Officer sees committing a crime or has reasonable suspicion of committing a crime. The Officer must also serve Arrest Warrants by which they have been charged to arrest an individual. Resisting a lawful arrest is a crime: “Resisting lawful arrest.” Upon arresting an individual, the Officer should read the following statement to inform the individual of their rights as a defendant: “I am placing you under arrest for [crime]/ under suspicion of [crime]. You are not required to speak, but anything you say may be used against you in a court of law;”

2) An Officer may request a Search Warrant to search and enter premises on which there is reasonable suspicion of a crime have being committee or material which may assist a police investigation;

3)An Officer may request a Special Warrant for a purpose not outlined above. They are required to state the purpose of the warrant, the grounds for seeking it, the persons or premises of interest, and any other information about the case which is relevant to the warrant request;

4)The Commissioner, or a deputy with the explicitly designated power to issue warrants, may issue Arrest Warrants, Search Warrants, and Special Warrants.

"I will now take this moment to remind all assembled of the current allocation for President's Questions."

Elizia First/Path to Harmony/Chinese Interests Party/Labour Party - ONE (1) question each from a backbencher
Elizian National Congress/National Islamic Party/People's Front - ONE (1) question each
Last edited by Tumbra on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:11 am

The Nihilistic view wrote:"Mr Speaker, can we stop calling questions to the President oral?"

"Why would we want to do that, when questions are asked and responded to in an oral manner...?"
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:41 am

I have a major concern with this bill, and that is the vagueness of the term 'reasonable', which is incredibly open to interpretation. Under the stipulations of this bill, all you seem to need to do - and correct me if I am wrong - is say 'I think some did such and such a thing', which is very open to abuse on the part of both officers and indeed the state. Perhaps this is a bit hyperbolic, but an oficer, or even the state, could potentially use this to arrest all those who they didn't like. Had there been safeguards, such as saying there has to be evidence or what could be evidence (such as a letter from someone to another positively mentioning islamic extremism, for example, would be enough to arouse suspicion that someone as going to become a terrorist) to arrest someone, even on suspicion of a crime, because if suspicion amounts to "I think he did it, but I don't have any evidence to back me up in my conviction", then the potential for abuse is there. Of course, if I am mistaken in this, please explain and allow me to reconsider. Also, may I mention the obvious typo - I assume you meant "committed" rather than "committee", unless of course committees are to be declared illegal. I understand this is an emergency bill, but there are problems with it that should be addressed.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Skyviolia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyviolia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:57 am

Michel stood "I will be voting against this bill. For one, it is way to broad, undefined, and can be grossly misinterpreted. I also see §2 as unconstitutional, as the Hon. [Normandy and Picardy] pointed out."
Qui est-ce ?

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:25 pm

The Sarian wrote:
The Nihilistic view wrote:"Mr Speaker, can we stop calling questions to the President oral?"

"Why would we want to do that, when questions are asked and responded to in an oral manner...?"

"Not everybody in this house sucks dick."
Slava Ukraini

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:45 pm

The Nihilistic view wrote:
The Sarian wrote:"Why would we want to do that, when questions are asked and responded to in an oral manner...?"

"ORDER, the honourable member will withdraw his expletive or he will be asked to withdraw from the chamber."

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:54 pm

Normandy and Picardy wrote:I have a major concern with this bill, and that is the vagueness of the term 'reasonable', which is incredibly open to interpretation. Under the stipulations of this bill, all you seem to need to do - and correct me if I am wrong - is say 'I think some did such and such a thing', which is very open to abuse on the part of both officers and indeed the state. Perhaps this is a bit hyperbolic, but an oficer, or even the state, could potentially use this to arrest all those who they didn't like. Had there been safeguards, such as saying there has to be evidence or what could be evidence (such as a letter from someone to another positively mentioning islamic extremism, for example, would be enough to arouse suspicion that someone as going to become a terrorist) to arrest someone, even on suspicion of a crime, because if suspicion amounts to "I think he did it, but I don't have any evidence to back me up in my conviction", then the potential for abuse is there. Of course, if I am mistaken in this, please explain and allow me to reconsider. Also, may I mention the obvious typo - I assume you meant "committed" rather than "committee", unless of course committees are to be declared illegal. I understand this is an emergency bill, but there are problems with it that should be addressed.

You are quite correct on the typo, my apologies for that. I've fixed it in the version below.

As for reasonable suspicion, I would define it as such: "Suspicion based on factual, defined specifics and details combined with rational inferences from those factual, defined specific and details." Does this sounds appropriate?
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:55 pm

Updated version of the act, with the typo fixed.

Emergency Policing Act

BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED by the Head of the State, by and with the counsel of the Government, and the authority of the Federal Parliament by virtue of the powers placed upon it by the Law, as follows:

§1 - The Capital Police Force
1) retains primacy, over any other force, public or private, in the Federal Capital Territory of Elizia,

2) shall be headed by a Commissioner of Capital Police (hereafter Commissioner), who is appointed by the Home Secretary upon the consent and advice of the President of Elizia, and may be removed by either official,

3) shall be under the purview of the Home Office and reliant upon it for funding and supervision,

4) shall consist of individuals, each an Officer of the Capital Police Force of Elizia (hereafter Officer);

§2 - Powers
1) An Officer has the power to arrest any individual the Officer sees committing a crime or has reasonable suspicion of committing a crime. The Officer must also serve Arrest Warrants by which they have been charged to arrest an individual. Resisting a lawful arrest is a crime: “Resisting lawful arrest.” Upon arresting an individual, the Officer should read the following statement to inform the individual of their rights as a defendant: “I am placing you under arrest for [crime]/ under suspicion of [crime]. You are not required to speak, but anything you say may be used against you in a court of law;”

2) An Officer may request a Search Warrant to search and enter premises on which there is reasonable suspicion of a crime have being committed or material which may assist a police investigation;

3)An Officer may request a Special Warrant for a purpose not outlined above. They are required to state the purpose of the warrant, the grounds for seeking it, the persons or premises of interest, and any other information about the case which is relevant to the warrant request;

4)The Commissioner, or a deputy with the explicitly designated power to issue warrants, may issue Arrest Warrants, Search Warrants, and Special Warrants.
Last edited by Maklohi Vai on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator

Lykens
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:06 pm

Tijah rose from his seat on the opposition benches.

"Mister Speaker, while the Home Secretary's move to change the bill for the better is a good one, while not necessarily in proper parliamentary procedure," He flashed a quick grin, "The bill still retains a few flaws.

Firstly, it does not define reasonable suspicion. The entire argument of my honorable colleagues was that the power to arrest on suspicion was open to abuse. I agree wholeheartedly with the honorable Home Secretary's definition, but its absence from the bill at hand effectively declares it moot.

Secondly, Mister Speaker, Section II subsection IV is either a grievous oversight by the Home Secretary or an intentional attempt to lay the foundation for the usurpation of civil liberties we only recently received back from the dark times Elizia was previously subject to.

A single individual, or their deputy, being allowed the power to unilaterally arrest, search, or other extraordinary orders issued by the warrants they have the sole power in issuing is a terrible throwback to the dark times we have barely exited. I am sure my honorable colleague the Home Secretary has simply missed the provision, and I hope to be able to support this bill once it has been amended properly, so that we do not have to face more terror attacks like that we faced just a few days ago.

Thank you, Mister Speaker."
Looking for a decent RP region to join? Try Greater Olympus.

Good people, Active RPs, Great Maps.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

Davincia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Offshoot

Postby Davincia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:45 pm

"The courts seem more than capable of defining reasonable suspicion. All in all this is a splendid piece of legislation."
For: Capitalism, Conservatism, Religion (any), Israel, Capital Punishment, Democracy
Neutral: LBGT Rights, Abortion, Secularism, Libertarianism, Monarchism
Against: Institutionalized Atheism, Communism, Palestine, Fascism, Recreational Drugs

RIP Haruo Nakajima (1929-2017), Yoshio Tsuchiya (1927-2017)

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:25 pm

"Mister Speaker, I thank my colleague from the Social Liberal Party for his comments. Bills can, in fact, be amended in queue with the consent of the sponsors, in this case the President, and I will do so to add a definition of reasonable suspicion. As for 2.4, it is a necessary article to have, because otherwise there would be nobody to issue the warrants. Who better to do that than the person in charge? And if they abuse their power, or their deputy abuses their power, I or the President can remove them at once. I thank the honorable member for his cordial response to the perceived flaw, and I wish to ask him, as well, if he has any alternate proposal."

Updated version of the act, with the definition.

Emergency Policing Act

§1 - Definition
1) Reasonable suspicion is defined as follows: suspicion based on factual, defined specifics and details combined with rational inferences from those factual, defined specifics and details.

§2 - The Capital Police Force

§3 - Powers

2) An Officer may request a Search Warrant to search and enter premises on which there is reasonable suspicion of a crime have being committed or material which may assist a police investigation;

Last edited by Maklohi Vai on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:45 am

The President grants his assent to the changes made by his Home Secretary.
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:15 am

The Sarian wrote:
The Nihilistic view wrote:

"ORDER, the honourable member will withdraw his expletive or he will be asked to withdraw from the chamber."

"The honourable member has had sufficient time to withdraw his remark. As he has not done so, I am obliged to name the Honourable Boris Johnson.

I will now entertain motions to the effect of suspending the Honourable Boris Johnson from the service of the house."

Coconut Isle
Attaché

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Isle » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:34 am

Motion whatever thingo

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:35 am

Coconut Isle wrote:Motion whatever thingo

"The Honourable Boris Johnson will remove himself from the service of this house for the remainder of this week's sitting."

Tumbra
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:16 am

"Order, order. Questions to the President."

Order Paper

Sunday to Monday - Fishery Regulation Establishment Act (Rt. Hon Cornelius Sivousong-van der Loon)

Monday to Tuesday - The Establishment of the Commission on Truth, Dignity, and Reconciliation Act (Sen. Sayid Kasturi and Rt. Hon Tjilik Beluluk)

Tuesday to Wednesday - Amendment to the Central Bank (Payments System) Act (Rt. Hon Siva Jeyaretnam)

Thursday to Friday - Collective Bargaining and Trade Union Rights Act (Rt. Hon Cornelius Sivousong-van der Loon)

Elizian National Congress/National Islamic Party/People's Front - TWO (2) questions each
[/quote]

The Sarian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:55 am

"Mr Speaker, throughout history we have seen that the wave of progress in any developing or newly industrialised country has been primarily in the cities. This causes a huge divide in nations, between those in the cities and those in the country. This creates immense rural poverty, this creates large rural joblessness, this creates a brain-drain, this destroys rural culture. What assurances can the President give people like me, who were born in rural Elizia, that economic and national progress will benefit all Elizians, not just those living in Kentang?"

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:22 am

The Sarian wrote:"Mr Speaker, throughout history we have seen that the wave of progress in any developing or newly industrialised country has been primarily in the cities. This causes a huge divide in nations, between those in the cities and those in the country. This creates immense rural poverty, this creates large rural joblessness, this creates a brain-drain, this destroys rural culture. What assurances can the President give people like me, who were born in rural Elizia, that economic and national progress will benefit all Elizians, not just those living in Kentang?"

"First of all Mr Speaker I would like to begin the answer to this question by taking a moment of everyone's time to remember the dead in the attack that hit Kentang on the 18th of August 2016, and to let the families of the affected - the 51 dead and countless injured - know that the dead are in our hearts and that this Government will do everything in its power to improve our national security, and that we are going to be strong in our fight against terrorism.

The Hon. Sa Ri An raises a sound question about the future of Elizia, but mistakes this for its present. Our nation has a long way to go on the path to industrialisation, as the reality for Elizians today is that rural poverty is almost universal, not just on the outskirts of our capital. The reality for Elizians today is that the brain-drain is not intranational but international, as our most skilled doctors and businessmen emigrate to wealthier countries instead of within our borders. The objective of our Government is to put Elizia first, and this means turning rural poverty into rural wealth. This Government is committed to industrialisation, but not at the expense of our rural culture, and not at the expense of the greatness and oneness of our newly-democratic Federation. Our path to industrialisation will focus on maintaining a strong infrastructure all around the country and to help the creation of new factories all around the country, so that the path to industrialisation is a dual carriageway for all, and not a footpath for a few."
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives