NATION

PASSWORD

Welcome to TET - Closed Minds Need Not Apply

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
That all makes me nervous, too, but driving a flatboat on the bayou, and driving at night on the empty streets, has made me feel much more comfortable with the principle of driving.

See, that's what I keep hearing, but when the emergency actually happened, I instinctively hit the brake instead of the gas.

I never got the "balance on two wheels" part of riding a bike, and I never owned a skateboard. I got my non-car experience from driving boats.

We all learn in different ways :p

And yea, I got used to drive with only my right foot. The fact is that it does improve reaction time, it's just NOT that significant. However, one foot is much better than two on auto. Not everyone drives like that of course, same as not everyone drives with both hands on the wheel or does signal to merge.

By the way, if you're one of those people who merge lanes without putting the signal I will hunt you down and make your life miserable by injecting poptart puree in your bloodstream. It pisses me off when people actually don't put their signal to merge, is a fucking 1 second move. ONE. You have to be lazy as fuck to not put the signal to merge. Fuck.

/rant

Actually, I always use my turn signals.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:I just got followed on Twitter by an English politician. I've never even been to England yet. At least he's a member of my favorite party. :3

In fact, the only English stuff I have in my apartment is all Manchester United stuff and an English national football team shirt and cap. And a couple of toy London busses. And all ofit was made in China.

And, pray tell, what's that favorite party? :p
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Grenartia wrote:

And yea, I got used to drive with only my right foot. The fact is that it does improve reaction time, it's just NOT that significant. However, one foot is much better than two on auto. Not everyone drives like that of course, same as not everyone drives with both hands on the wheel or does signal to merge.

By the way, if you're one of those people who merge lanes without putting the signal I will hunt you down and make your life miserable by injecting poptart puree in your bloodstream. It pisses me off when people actually don't put their signal to merge, is a fucking 1 second move. ONE. You have to be lazy as fuck to not put the signal to merge. Fuck.

/rant

Good, then that doesn't apply to you but rather in general :p
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Killdash
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Gidgetisms wrote:
Killdash wrote:
Have you recently been to a West African country?

No. I do have arthritis in my fingers though. The result of breaking them multiple times

It could be the beginning of Parkinsons disease. *nods.
How do you take your tea?: Seriously, very seriously.
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch
Roguishly good looking gentleman
Nationstates premier assassin for hire
For a small fee, of course.
5th spouse of Kannap (for 48 hours, but still counts)

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:It's becoming bigger every year here, though we got less kids than usual trick or treating

Rapture shall be upon us any moment now, given the unashamed exhibitionism of the Crawling Darkness and those seduced by its infernal charms.

Darkness crAwls?

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Killdash wrote:
Gidgetisms wrote:No. I do have arthritis in my fingers though. The result of breaking them multiple times

-_- I hatechu
Gidge's Art Hole viewtopic.php?p=13913891#p13913891
Poetry viewtopic.php?p=9776917#p9776917
Escalation complete: Lordy is my cuddly BFF

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Grenartia wrote:

/rant

I'm adopting you. Now. Just to have one person in my bloody town that can show all the evacuated Rhode Islanders how to use them.
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:I just got followed on Twitter by an English politician. I've never even been to England yet. At least he's a member of my favorite party. :3

In fact, the only English stuff I have in my apartment is all Manchester United stuff and an English national football team shirt and cap. And a couple of toy London busses. And all ofit was made in China.

Meh, you can dig through my posts to find out. I'm already a villain for it, may as well go for lazy villain to top it off. :p

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Rapture shall be upon us any moment now, given the unashamed exhibitionism of the Crawling Darkness and those seduced by its infernal charms.

Darkness crAwls?

Ever thought you saw something move in a dark corner? Have there been moments that you hurried to turn on the lights in your house? The Crawling Darkness is always there. And when darkness falls and the sun has disappeared behind the horizon, the Crawling Darkness claims its domain.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Gidgetisms wrote:
Killdash wrote:

-_- I hatechu

Oh my goddess, a live hatechu! Where's my Pokéball!?
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:01 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Gidgetisms wrote:-_- I hatechu

Oh my goddess, a live hatechu! Where's my Pokéball!?

Last week, we came up with a walmart pokemon.

.....we were really tired

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Gidgetisms wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:Oh my goddess, a live hatechu! Where's my Pokéball!?

Last week, we came up with a walmart pokemon.

A Walmart attacks by trying to sell its opponent a wide variety of cheap consumer goods while destroying the small business of its opponent at the same time?
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Gidgetisms wrote:Last week, we came up with a walmart pokemon.

A Walmart attacks by trying to sell its opponent a wide variety of cheap consumer goods while destroying the small business of its opponent at the same time?

something like that. And smiley attacks

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:11 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:

Meh, you can dig through my posts to find out. I'm already a villain for it, may as well go for lazy villain to top it off. :p

You evil, evil person :p

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Darkness crAwls?

Ever thought you saw something move in a dark corner? Have there been moments that you hurried to turn on the lights in your house? The Crawling Darkness is always there. And when darkness falls and the sun has disappeared behind the horizon, the Crawling Darkness claims its domain.

I am the meanest son of a bitch in the valley. I just Play a nice guy here.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Gidgetisms wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:A Walmart attacks by trying to sell its opponent a wide variety of cheap consumer goods while destroying the small business of its opponent at the same time?

something like that. And smiley attacks

Your malevolence truly knows no bounds.

Coffee Cakes wrote:Meh, you can dig through my posts to find out. I'm already a villain for it, may as well go for lazy villain to top it off. :p

There is only one conclusion possible now: Coffee Cakes supports UKIP with all the strength his hellbound soul can muster. If I'm wrong, I shall surely be corrected.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:

Why do you think I'm Jim's colleague? :p

Besides, I'm sure you're aware. I've talked about it in our FB group chat. :p

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:You evil, evil person :p

There is only one conclusion possible now: Coffee Cakes supports UKIP with all the strength his hellbound soul can muster. If I'm wrong, I shall surely be corrected.

Well... I only somewhat support them, because they're quasi-libertarian. But yes, you remember well.

A UKIP politician followed me, and I only had 23 followers before that, because I rarely use Twitter.

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:31 pm

A return of Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill is certainly interesting.

I wonder how good this film is going to be under Disney. Although since George Lucas is going to be involved I bet it is not going to disappoint.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:There is only one conclusion possible now: Coffee Cakes supports UKIP with all the strength his hellbound soul can muster. If I'm wrong, I shall surely be corrected.

Well... I only somewhat support them, because they're quasi-libertarian. But yes, you remember well.

A UKIP politician followed me, and I only had 23 followers before that, because I rarely use Twitter.

I have like 100 followers lol.

Eleanor Ritas
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eleanor Ritas » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:32 pm

I'm a nerd and I'm on a lot of medication and that was a mean ass thing to do to a kid who saw Episode IV the year it came out in the drive through with his Dad.

I will never forgive you. Nor will I let you down. Nor run around, nor desert you.
Kirby Delauter for General Forum Moderator!

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:

I have like 100 followers lol.

lol what's yours?

Mine is BurgercakeKing.

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Eleanor Ritas wrote:

I'm a nerd and I'm on a lot of medication and that was a mean ass thing to do to a kid who saw Episode IV the year it came out in the drive through with his Dad.

I will never forgive you. Nor will I let you down. Nor run around, nor desert you.

Never gonna give you up, huh?

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:41 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:There is only one conclusion possible now: Coffee Cakes supports UKIP with all the strength his hellbound soul can muster. If I'm wrong, I shall surely be corrected.

There's truly no hope for you, now is there? The only reason that political parties such as UKIP appear to have libertarian tendencies is because they know that's how you reel in the delusional. But hey, have fun re-reading Atlas Shrugged.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives