NATION

PASSWORD

TET: We Are Violet Below The Mud

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:02 am

I finally held up my promise to my brother and went to one of his band performances; I assume he was content.

It also seems he has a pretty versatile role, as he switched between the guitar, keyboard and bass for different songs. Quite impressive.

Kinda pisses me off that he's that good.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:04 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:There is reason to assume that said meerkat group will probably grow in size in the foreseeable future. Just let meerkats do what meerkats do best.

Choreograph complex musical numbers?

There's a reason why Disney doesn't do nature documentaries anymore.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:07 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:There is reason to assume that said meerkat group will probably grow in size in the foreseeable future. Just let meerkats do what meerkats do best.

Choreograph complex musical numbers?

You better believe it.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:12 am

Esternial wrote:I finally held up my promise to my brother and went to one of his band performances; I assume he was content.

It also seems he has a pretty versatile role, as he switched between the guitar, keyboard and bass for different songs. Quite impressive.

He probably worked hard to get to that level, admiration is more suitable.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:14 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Gallade wrote:Give them a chance to breed, love.

You just want the video rights... preeevert

Baby meerkat dress up tea party, actually.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby DesAnges » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:18 am

Gallade wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:You just want the video rights... preeevert

Baby meerkat dress up tea party, actually.

http://www.davidreviews.com/images/1404 ... 25-PDF.jpg
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:20 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Esternial wrote:I finally held up my promise to my brother and went to one of his band performances; I assume he was content.

He probably worked hard to get to that level, admiration is more suitable.

Bah! Keep your reason out of this.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:21 am

DesAnges wrote:
Gallade wrote:Baby meerkat dress up tea party, actually.

Way mo' adorbz

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Immoren » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:24 am

I guess I should go and inform tax office that previous occupant of the flat isn't living here anymore.
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:25 am

Esternial wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:He probably worked hard to get to that level, admiration is more suitable.

Bah! Keep your reason out of this.

Musicians don't go in for the humility and self-depreciation of painters and the like. Fellate your brother's ego, young man.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
Combat Homelessness

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:26 am

Immoren wrote:I guess I should go and inform tax office that previous occupant of the flat isn't living here anymore.

Naturally you've disposed of the corpse in a responsible and eco-friendly way, I hope?

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:26 am

Gallade wrote:
Esternial wrote:Bah! Keep your reason out of this.

Musicians don't go in for the humility and self-depreciation of painters and the like. Fellate your brother's ego, young man.

I have never met a musician who was self-deprecatory about their music - not even the ones who generally felt that way about everything else.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:26 am

Immoren wrote:I guess I should go and inform tax office that previous occupant of the flat isn't living here anymore.

But he is still alive, right?

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Postby Immoren » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:27 am

Esternial wrote:

Naturally you've disposed of the corpse in a responsible and eco-friendly way, I hope?

That'd be hard, given he had already moved out, when I moved in.
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:27 am

DesAnges wrote:
Gallade wrote:Baby meerkat dress up tea party, actually.

Shows what I know, I didn't think our timone was that cute.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:28 am

Gallade wrote:

Is my attendance and nodding approvingly not enough? What more do you want? D:

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:30 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Gallade wrote:Musicians don't go in for the humility and self-depreciation of painters and the like. Fellate your brother's ego, young man.

I have never met a musician who was self-deprecatory about their music - not even the ones who generally felt that way about everything else.

That's because learning an instrument takes years, involves giving up huge portions of your social life and, all too often, involves undue physical pain. One tends to accept the skill involved.

Combat Homelessness

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:30 am

Gallade wrote:

If his brother is like most of the musicans I know I think he would rather have you do the fellating.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby DesAnges » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:30 am

Ethel mermania wrote:

Shows what I know, I didn't think our timone was that cute.

That is Baby Oleg.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Postby Immoren » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:31 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:

But he is still alive, right?

I don't know.
He might've live somewhere abroad for all I know, given that his name seems either Spanish or Portuguese,

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:32 am

DesAnges wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Shows what I know, I didn't think our timone was that cute.

That is Baby Oleg.

Timones a father?

Lordieth
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:33 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
DesAnges wrote:That is Baby Oleg.

Timones a father?

Certainly not.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby DesAnges » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:35 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
DesAnges wrote:That is Baby Oleg.

Timones a father?

It's from a rather clever marketing campaign by an insurance comparison website in the UK.

Whomever came up with the idea for it is going to be dining out on that for years.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Lordieth
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:36 am

DesAnges wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Timones a father?

It's from a rather clever marketing campaign by an insurance comparison website in the UK.

Whomever came up with the idea for it is going to be dining out on that for years.

Along with those ridiculous alien puppets from the Argos ads, apparently they're two of the most popular ads in the UK.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:36 am

Esternial wrote:
Gallade wrote:Musicians don't go in for the humility and self-depreciation of painters and the like. Fellate your brother's ego, young man.

Is my attendance and nodding approvingly not enough? What more do you want? D:

What's the name of his band, anyway? Let's see if he's worth throwing panties at.

Combat Homelessness

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives