NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Sinful and splintering beyond the vapors

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Kiruri wrote:
Lordieth wrote:
Scotland. It's the second referendum debate between Salmond and Darling over whether Scotland is in or out. Salmon floundered last time over the question over what currency Scotland will have, and over the value of the North Sea oil, and now he seems to have all the answers. He's been seriously prepped for this debate, and Darling is on the backfoot in this one.

May I ask your take on all of this?

I think Alex Salmond is more interested in running his own country, rather than what's in the best interests of the Scottish people.

Kiruri wrote:
Lordieth wrote:Looks like Alex Salmond has the upper hand in this referendum debate. Pity.

I had to google him. He's Scottish National Party's leader, right? I take it that it's the independence referendum? Or am I completely wrong :p

Got it in one.
Last edited by Lordieth on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Immoren wrote:
Kiruri wrote:Wonderful! My parents have confirmed they will not be coming back home (where I live) this coming 2015 because my father is still needed in Mexico City (where they live) for at least 6 more months. This has made my day ^-^ They will still be about 2000 km away :D

Home Alone: Latin American edition? :p

Home Alone: From K5 to College* edition :lol:
I'm BIwinning
CelebrateBisexualityDaySeptember 23rd
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Kiruri wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
I take it you're not overly fond of your parents.

Meh.. they're not overly fond of me. I mean, I don't care much anymore. I've had maids (I guess that's what you call them. Old ladies that take care of you?) that are more parent-like than they ever were, so.

I see you got your old flag back. ^^

It's sad, when some parents have such a distant relationships with their kids...

I love that flag. ^^
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Some websites take it too seriously, like the Dragon City Wiki. When I posted a joke image of a "Gaudi Dragon" with a picture of the famous sculpture by Antoni Gaudí in Park Güell, Barcelona, the admins over there told me to stop posting images of unreleased dragons. It's not an unreleased dragon, it's Catalan humour!

(Image)

They might not realise that Dragon City itself IS from Barcelona. :palm:

It happens when people do not know :p
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Gallade wrote:Aha. That was called for sooner than I thought it would be.

If the Scots actually secede, I expect clan warfare to erupt within less than five years.

There's still such a thing as clans? :P
I'm BIwinning
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Kiruri wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
I take it you're not overly fond of your parents.

Meh.. they're not overly fond of me. I mean, I don't care much anymore. I've had maids (I guess that's what you call them. Old ladies that take care of you?) that are more parent-like than they ever were, so.

Las criadas? :p
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Lordieth wrote:
Kiruri wrote:May I ask your take on all of this?

I think Alex Salmond is more interested in running his own country, rather than what's in the best interests of the Scottish people.

If his dream becomes reality, I'm afraid Scotland is going to get the leader that it deserves.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Some websites take it too seriously, like the Dragon City Wiki. When I posted a joke image of a "Gaudi Dragon" with a picture of the famous sculpture by Antoni Gaudí in Park Güell, Barcelona, the admins over there told me to stop posting images of unreleased dragons. It's not an unreleased dragon, it's Catalan humour!

(Image)

They might not realise that Dragon City itself IS from Barcelona. :palm:

Wow, really?
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Lordieth wrote:
Kiruri wrote:

Alex Salmond should play NationStates if running his own country is his dream. :p
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Lordieth
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Lordieth wrote:I think Alex Salmond is more interested in running his own country, rather than what's in the best interests of the Scottish people.

If his dream becomes reality, I'm afraid Scotland is going to get the leader that it deserves.

I agree, but I would rather see the best for the UK, than cut off our nose to spite our face, as Alex Salmond seems intent on doing. He's being disingenuous to the Scottish people.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Kiruri wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:If the Scots actually secede, I expect clan warfare to erupt within less than five years.

There's still such a thing as clans? :P

Of course there is! By birthright, I own half of Co. Meath! :p

Grim place.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Lordieth wrote:
Kiruri wrote:

Kiruri wrote:I had to google him. He's Scottish National Party's leader, right? I take it that it's the independence referendum? Or am I completely wrong :p

Got it in one.

C'est politics and politicians I suppose. Perhaps Alex Salmond should look into nation management and simulation games instead :P I think there's one called Geopolitical Simulator (3). He should check that one out.

I'd form my own opinion, but I feel I lack the needed knowledge to formulate a proper one.

Of the one I do know of is the España vs. Catalunya. Regarding Catalonia, I say independence.
I'm BIwinning
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:03 pm

Gallade wrote:
Kiruri wrote:There's still such a thing as clans? :P

Of course there is! By birthright, I own half of Co. Meath! :p

Grim place.

If I'd have been tired I'd have read that as "Co. Meth" :p

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Kiruri wrote:

It's sad, when some parents have such a distant relationships with their kids...

I love that flag. ^^

It happens from time to time :P At least they keep sending me a hefty allowance :) That's probably the glue that holds us together ehehe :lol:
Last edited by Kiruri on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm BIwinning
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Kiruri wrote:
Lordieth wrote:

Got it in one.

C'est politics and politicians I suppose. Perhaps Alex Salmond should look into nation management and simulation games instead :P I think there's one called Geopolitical Simulator (3). He should check that one out.

I'd form my own opinion, but I feel I lack the needed knowledge to formulate a proper one.

Of the one I do know of is the España vs. Catalunya. Regarding Catalonia, I say independence.

Ay, el juego de la papa caliente de Catalunya...
Slava Ukraini

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Lordieth wrote:

Alex Salmond should play NationStates if running his own country is his dream. :p

And then have him join NSG :p

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Gallade wrote:Of course there is! By birthright, I own half of Co. Meath! :p

Grim place.

That'd be a boon to the tourism industry, no doubt. :p
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
Combat Homelessness

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Kiruri wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I love that flag. ^^

It happens from time to time :P At least they keep sending me a hefty allowance :) That's probably the glue that holds us together ehehe :lol:

I guess that's a plus, then. ^^
Slava Ukraini

Lordieth
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Kiruri wrote:
Lordieth wrote:

Got it in one.

I think my interest in this is fuelled by how Alex Salmond is skimming over the risks to the Scottish economy. At the end of the day, he can't lose. If the No campaign wins, Scotland will still get more devolved powers. Something he wanted as a third option from the very beginning.

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Kiruri wrote:

Las criadas? :p

Yeah. I translated that as maids, but I wasn't sure that's the right term. I've also heard nanny. Heh... I at least hope I was understood.
I'm BIwinning
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Lordieth
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Gallade wrote:

Wild-eyed Irishmen hocked up on methamphetamines? Couldn't think of a more terrifying holiday.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Lordieth wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:If his dream becomes reality, I'm afraid Scotland is going to get the leader that it deserves.

I agree, but I would rather see the best for the UK, than cut off our nose to spite our face, as Alex Salmond seems intent on doing. He's being disingenuous to the Scottish people.

It's rather foolish, throwing all their eggs into one limited resource basket.

That works so well for African nations, after all.

Combat Homelessness

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Kiruri wrote:

*throws hot Catalonia potato to Naña*

I'm BIwinning
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Gallade wrote:

You guys would be flooded with tourists :p

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Kiruri wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
*throws hot Catalonia potato to Naña*

:p
I mean it. I'm all for self determination. I just don't know that Catalunya knows why it wants independence anymore.

Want something just for the sake of it, you know...
Slava Ukraini

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives