NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 3: Brainstorming, discussion, tea, advice

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Asterdan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:08 am

Any interesting RP's out there?
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:09 am

Asterdan wrote:Any interesting RP's out there?

I'm thinking of an RP about Space Pirates.
Also i'm thinking of a psychological RP.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Asterdan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Asterdan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:11 am

Abserdia wrote:

I'm thinking of an RP about Space Pirates.

Space Pirates?

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:12 am

I'm still on a grudge with you for never making Ben 10: Academy.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014

Postby Abserdia » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:13 am

Asterdan wrote:
Abserdia wrote:I'm thinking of an RP about Space Pirates.

Space Pirates?

No, actual space pirates with a space ship that savage planets.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Asterdan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Asterdan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:15 am

Abserdia wrote:
Asterdan wrote:
Space Pirates?

No, actual space pirates with a space ship that savage planets.

Awesome xD

Bill Weld 2020

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010

Postby Rupudska » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:17 am

Agritum wrote:

You remember that?
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Asterdan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Asterdan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:19 am

Agritum wrote:

Oh the Plumber's xD Hmmm..... It could be interesting....

Bill Weld 2020

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:28 am

Rupudska wrote:
Agritum wrote:I'm still on a grudge with you for never making Ben 10: Academy.

You remember that?

Rup,

I've got RP drafts from /2011/.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:29 am

Agritum wrote:
Rupudska wrote:
You remember that?

Rup,

You scare me.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Asterdan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:30 am

Agritum wrote:
Rupudska wrote:
You remember that?

Rup,

I applaud you.

Bill Weld 2020

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:00 am

RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
Please provide as much detail as possible.
RP's Overarching Concept:The Destruction of Humanity- to Save Humanity.
Genre/s: Sci-Fi/ Super-Anti-Hero
Character or Faction Based: Little bit of both, though the factions are run by those I deem capable enough to handle themselves. Everyone else controls a single character, no exceptions.
Detailed Description:
Humanity, it's a world away, a word lost to time, and but a distant memory to those that once uttered its soft notes.

At the dawn of the 23rd Century, mankind made a discovery to revolutionize our evolution, not only as a species, but as a civilization. An ancient relic, a birthright, left to the ones who might claim it first, the ability to traverse the Universe in but the twinkling of a pulsar. for the first time in our meager existence, we had an advantage over everything else out there. We inherited Vorota. Otherwise known as, the Gate and likewise, we inherited the ability to make any of our race one with the Gatekeeper. An advanced AI of ancient origin, designed to help any race that discovered Vorota. It led to Humanity's golden age, and brought us to a new revolution; the Astral Revolution.

Religion was forsaken; nationalities was forsaken; all that made us unique, and arguably Human, was given up to pursue the ultimate goal of universal domination. Two centuries went by and we gradually learned to become peaceful and docile creatures, tired and war weary after many decades of conquest, and it was here Humanity reached its peak. The average lifespan of an individual was said to be in the two thousand years range thanks to research done by the Keepers of the Vorota and the Gatekeeper itself. Nothing rose to fight Humanity for we had already destroyed all that could oppose us, and now we lay dormant in the paradise we built. But as with all peaks, this one had the end, and suddenly it became apparent Humanity's greatest discovery, our greatest gift, would become our downfall.

With everything to be discovered discovered, we reached a point of mental stagnation. The knowledge of the universe at our fingertips, and no longer did we enjoy it, life itself was made meaningless by the simple lack of a definite end, and thus the Days of Winter began. One by one, planets we'd colonized fell silent. When they were investigated, it was found that all on those first few planets had died, but not due to disease or war or age. Rather, they simply had given up, dying by choice rather than nature. Years went by and thousands of other planets fell to the dark veil now descending upon the face of Humanity our end at hand.

Now however, it is revealed there are those born with a gene, a marker among the numbers of Humanity built to save it, through instigating its destruction. In the unfolding of a plan many centuries old, conceived at the initial discovery of the Vorota, now these few individuals are being called out of the ranks of Humanity, to reveal themselves, and their true nature. They are called the Djinn and they are built to destroy that which Humanity strove to build, and they are more than capable of accomplishing this task. Stronger, faster, smarter, and given special abilities kept away from the rest of Humanity, they now have their mission and they are left with a choice: Do they join the ranks of their fellow brothers and sisters, or do they join an underground movement, designed to combat the destruction of Humanity, and preserve it? Even more so disturbing of a choice, in protecting Humanity now, do they only approve of its eventual destruction, or do they believe Humanity is capable of pulling itself from its own ashes to once again bring about a new era of prosperity upon a new plane of existence?

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:03 am

There's an absolutely fantastic one in my sig.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:09 am

Ayreonia wrote:

There's an absolutely fantastic one in my sig.

Running low on RPers eh?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:16 am

If anyone's interested in my new RP check it out. Its about a sort of World War 3 scenario in which a terrorist group slowly engulfs the world through its technological advances and manipulations. It is a character RP.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=314866
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:20 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:There's an absolutely fantastic one in my sig.

Running low on RPers eh?

Nah, it was a perfectly good answer to a reasonable question. No agenda whatsoever. No sir.

But seriously, check it out if you wanna, Asterdan. We're always open.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:26 am

Kassaran wrote:RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
Character or Faction Based: Little bit of both, though the factions are run by those I deem capable enough to handle themselves. Everyone else controls a single character, no exceptions.
Detailed Description:
Humanity, it's a world away, a word lost to time, and but a distant memory to those that once uttered its soft notes.

At the dawn of the 23rd Century, mankind made a discovery to revolutionize our evolution, not only as a species, but as a civilization. An ancient relic, a birthright, left to the ones who might claim it first, the ability to traverse the Universe in but the twinkling of a pulsar. for the first time in our meager existence, we had an advantage over everything else out there. We inherited Vorota. Otherwise known as, the Gate and likewise, we inherited the ability to make any of our race one with the Gatekeeper. An advanced AI of ancient origin, designed to help any race that discovered Vorota. It led to Humanity's golden age, and brought us to a new revolution; the Astral Revolution.

Religion was forsaken; nationalities was forsaken; all that made us unique, and arguably Human, was given up to pursue the ultimate goal of universal domination. Two centuries went by and we gradually learned to become peaceful and docile creatures, tired and war weary after many decades of conquest, and it was here Humanity reached its peak. The average lifespan of an individual was said to be in the two thousand years range thanks to research done by the Keepers of the Vorota and the Gatekeeper itself. Nothing rose to fight Humanity for we had already destroyed all that could oppose us, and now we lay dormant in the paradise we built. But as with all peaks, this one had the end, and suddenly it became apparent Humanity's greatest discovery, our greatest gift, would become our downfall.

With everything to be discovered discovered, we reached a point of mental stagnation. The knowledge of the universe at our fingertips, and no longer did we enjoy it, life itself was made meaningless by the simple lack of a definite end, and thus the Days of Winter began. One by one, planets we'd colonized fell silent. When they were investigated, it was found that all on those first few planets had died, but not due to disease or war or age. Rather, they simply had given up, dying by choice rather than nature. Years went by and thousands of other planets fell to the dark veil now descending upon the face of Humanity our end at hand.

Now however, it is revealed there are those born with a gene, a marker among the numbers of Humanity built to save it, through instigating its destruction. In the unfolding of a plan many centuries old, conceived at the initial discovery of the Vorota, now these few individuals are being called out of the ranks of Humanity, to reveal themselves, and their true nature. They are called the Djinn and they are built to destroy that which Humanity strove to build, and they are more than capable of accomplishing this task. Stronger, faster, smarter, and given special abilities kept away from the rest of Humanity, they now have their mission and they are left with a choice: Do they join the ranks of their fellow brothers and sisters, or do they join an underground movement, designed to combat the destruction of Humanity, and preserve it? Even more so disturbing of a choice, in protecting Humanity now, do they only approve of its eventual destruction, or do they believe Humanity is capable of pulling itself from its own ashes to once again bring about a new era of prosperity upon a new plane of existence?

Now that sounds interesting.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Check out my VR RP, it's in my sig.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Asterdan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Asterdan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Detailed Description:

.... I'm in....

Ayreonia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Running low on RPers eh?

Nah, it was a perfectly good answer to a reasonable question. No agenda whatsoever. No sir.

But seriously, check it out if you wanna, Asterdan. We're always open.

Hmm, alrighty, let's check it out.

Bill Weld 2020

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Detailed Description:

Now that sounds interesting.

And it was just a rough draft. ^-^
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:45 pm

If anyone wants to join my VR RP, IC is coming soon, so get those apps in!
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:58 pm

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST

RP's Overarching Concept: Imagine Space Pirate: Captain Harlock, except it's not Harlock. It is the Arcadia though, that's an awesome ship.
Genre/s: Space Opera, FT, possibly a dab of Mecha and Science Fantasy
Character or Faction Based: Character
Detailed Description: Space Pirates. Not just criminals who have a space ship; as in, they seem slightly pirate-y, though not peg-legs and "AAARRRR!" Well, mostly it would be my character and the ship (Which will definitely be an Arcadia expy) that will be pirate-y. Not to say you can't be pirate-y, it's just not a requirement.

In the distant future, when the names of our nations have been lost to time, the Empire is harried by the infamous pirate Captain MurderBandit (Name pending), scourge of the void. With his ancient vessel, the SS HatetheEmpire (To Be Named), he has sent a thousand ships to drift without their riches, and he has evaded capture for countless years from whatever fleet comes for his head. An air of myth surrounds MurderBandit, an aura that both strikes fear into his enemies and draws to him individuals of a certain caliber, bringing to him both friends and foes.

You are a crew member of the SS HatetheEmpire, and you certainly don't know much more than other people about both your ship and your captain. The SS HatetheEmpire's construction seems unreal in nature, and Captain MurderBandit doesn't appear to be of this world either. Nevertheless, you (mostly) obey your captain to the death as he brings you wealth and fortune in a galaxy as unforgiving as thumbtacks in your heel.
Need Help With: Names. Also:

-I'll probably need to watch the original Harlock series, as well as read the manga.
-We may or may not focus on the mecha used in boarding and space battles.
-Not sure whether the nature of the SS HatetheEmpire is simply magic or advanced science. The answer to this will determine whether there are wizards or not. Or, we could have wizards regardless.
-Given my schedule, I will need a co-OP. I might need to decide that when I start the RP, considering I might not start this anytime soon.

Still can't think of names.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Well, I figure it's been long enough since I last tried something. I don't know if anyone remembers this, but if you do, then this might interest you. It's in the same setting, but with a few changes.

RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
RP's Overarching Concept: Space knight academy, basically.
Genre/s: Sci-fi, fantasy, adventure
Character or Faction Based: Character
Detailed Description: The universe is a vast place, and now, we know this better than we ever had. The Chalice War, a conflict that shook the foundations of our world, ended a thousand years ago with the victory of the Red Knight over the White Dragon, but at an enormous cost. Millions of lives were claimed by the war, and in order to seal the Dragon's Gate, a great sacrifice had to be made. However, though it brought great destruction, the Chalice War also expanded our horizons in a way never thought possible before. New races and wonderful worlds were found beyond the Axial Stars which marked the limits of the Known Universe, limits that had not been breached for millenia. And thought many civilizations were lost, others were found and many were saved. With the White Dragon gone, the world was in ruin, but with no threat, those who remained were free to rebuild.

A thousand years later, much has been recovered. The Order of the Phantom Blade, one of the two most affected Orders of all, has managed to rebuild much of what was lost, erecting a new capital far away from the black hole that consumed the old. Having faced their losses with dignity, they remain a powerful force in the Known Universe, in no small part thanks to their role in the Chalice War.

Naturally, another part of what has helped them remain strong are their brave soldiers.

Far out in the High North, lies the Crimson Citadel, Cathedral Arcadia, so named in honor of the Red Knight. And settled in its pristine surface, the prestigious Silver Hand Academy stands proud and tall, welcoming aspiring youths from all across the territories of the Phantom Blade and beyond. Forged by the surviving descendants of the Red Knight's kin, the Silver Hand Academy is the most renowned of all training institutions for future Knights and Mages in all of the Phantom Blade's territory, and with good reason. Only the finest trainees are accepted to attend that institution, and only the finest aspirants may walk away from its halls with honor. And it just so happens that you have been accepted by the council to be part of this generation's batch of hopeful trainees, a generation which, unbeknownst to them, will take part in events that will forevermore mark the universe itself.

Need Help With: Not much, really, just checking for interest though suggestions are welcome.

It is a bit vague a description in terms of details, I admit completely, but my brain is all over the place at the moment. Regardless, there we go.

I've been working on this, and I figured that, since there seems to be little interest, maybe posting this draft of the information I have might change things. I think I have most things down so far, I just need to expand on the Academy (stuff such as standard equipment, uniforms, facilities, etc) and possibly work on a calendar, not sure about that one. Suggestions are welcome. Haven't formatted things yet, but the information is all there.

Backstory:

A brief history of Aradain and the Redemit race

The Redemit are the dominant race of the Known Universe. They are descended from the Humans, but after aeons of interstellar drifting, constant conflict and genetic tampering have changed them greatly. Evolved from their frail previous forms, they are much stronger, more agile and dexterous, and with vastly improved senses and reflexes. In addition to this, their longevity is marvelous, as they are able to live a thousand years.

Their story begins a long time ago, on the distant homeworld, Cathedral Gaea, the first and last Cathedral of the Lost Realm. For millenia, the Humans inhabited Cathedral Gaea and the other ten Cathedrals of the Lost Realm, living peacefully and developing their civilization. But then an inexorable force drove them away from their ancestral home, sending them away from Cathedral Gaea and the Lost Realm and forcing them to scatter among the stars. And so for aeons as nomads they lived, fighting their own kinsmen for the resources that would allow them to survive. By this point, Human society was advanced to such point that the technology used in their violent conflicts had a truly catastrophic scale: Worlds shattered beneath their feet as brother fought brother, and the stars themselves fell before their onslaughts. This aeon of strife brought great destruction to the universe, destruction on a scale never foretold, and it lasted a very long time, until finally, someone came to stop their rampage.

The God-Knight, Aradain. From drifts unknown, He arrived, with naught but His sword and His armor to aid Him. He spoke to the Humans, telling them to stop their senseless rampage and to stop ravaging the universe, telling them that instead of using sheer power to settle their conflicts, they could stop shedding so much blood if they only turned to skill instead. At first, the Humans, the fires of rage having burned brightly within them for generations, refused to listen to the reason He brought them, instead lashing out at the God-Knight, intent on erasing him and then returning to their fell ways. But the God-Knight, though merciful, was no fool, and those who fought Him openly met their end at the edge of His blades, destroyed by His righteous fury. Entire fleets of world destroyers fell before Him, and armies found themselves unable to stall His blades. Desperate, the Humans, having banded together to face what they believed to be a threat, appealed to Mael, King of the Wizards. For a hundred days and a hundred nights, they fought on the corpse of a fallen world, until Aradain emerged victorious, the King of the Wizards at His feet.

But He did not slay His foe. Instead, He showed mercy, and in turn, the Wizard King swore loyalty to the God-Knight's cause. The King and his subjects set out to spread the word of Aradain, attempting to convince their brothers and sisters that the God-Knight's words were words of wisdom, words that they were meant to heed. And with the help of Mael, the followers of the God-Knight grew. Eleven other lords and ladies of the Human race joined Him along with their followers, pledging their loyalty to His cause. Slowly, but steadily, the number of those who had accepted His word grew, though still conflicts erupted from time to time, and still many refused to heed His word.

After centuries, the God-Knight, who now stood as a symbol instead of a preacher, saw how far His word had spread and how hard His pupils worked, and decided that His task was done. With all eight of His swords, Aradain shed His own blood to atone for the sins of Humanity in their stead, and then... left. Some say that He left to ascend to a greater existence, others that He returned to where he had come from, and many claim that the two previous choices were one and the same for Him. No one knows the truth, but what is known is that His twelve pupils collected his blood on an argent chalice, and held it as their one greatest relic. For the rest of their lives they continued spreading His word through the universe, until all of Humanity had accepted His word. Ashamed of their previous ways and believing their name to be cursed, they shed their previous identity and proclaimed themselves a new race. The Redemit. Us.

And that is how, through His intervention, we came to be.

The story of the Phantom Blade, as told by the Red Knight.

"This story takes place in a time long since gone, a time when the Redemit remembered the days the God-Knight still walked among them after having descended to lead His children to the path of righteousness. Aradain had already ascended, but those who had walked alongside Him still lived. One such Redemit, a young woman by the name of Sylvalladine, had vowed to uphold and spread the God-Knight's teachings, and so she did, setting out to convert others throughout the galaxies to the path Aradain had shown them. Her journeys, however, were by no means safe. Many threats lurked the Known Universe, seeking to claim more victims. Danger was almost always present during those times, as both our race and the universe itself were greatly scarred after being subjected to entire aeons of constant warring, and there were still many Redemit who had not yet converted to the teachings of the God-Knight.

But Lady Sylvalladine was not only one of the twelve most devout followers of the God-Knight, no. She was also one of the greatest Mages alive. Some even claim that she was the closest in power to the great Mage Mael, first of Aradain's followers. Whether or not this was true, nobody contested that Sylvalladine's magical prowess was truly a force to be reckoned with, and it was this power that kept her safe from harm during her journeys.

As she traveled through the void, some of her fellow Redemit joined her in her journeys, many wishing to spread Aradain's word alongside her, and many others simply wishing to spend time alongside her. Lady Sylvalladine was, after all, a beautiful maiden, and many men and women alike had fallen for her after looking once into her sublime silvery eyes. One such man, Kaios, was the only one for whom Lady Sylvalladine had a place in her heart, as the two fell in love as soon as they met. However, sadly, their bliss would not last.

One fateful day, they stopped on another planet to continue spreading Aradain's teachings. However, the inhabitants of that planet did not take this well at all. They openly opposed those who would spread the God-Knight's word, and their forces immediately attacked Lady Sylvalladine and those accompanying her, slaughtering many of her companions on their first encounter. Terrified, those who remained fled from the planet, but their foes gave chase, and eventually damaged their Pegasii so much that the followers of Aradain crash-landed on an uninhabited planet, an event that killed many more of them.

In the end, they decided that they had to make their stand. Lady Sylvalladine, Kaios and the others fought valiantly and brilliantly, but the odds were not in their favor. Slowly they fell, until only a handful of them remained, Sylvalladine and Kaios among them. Amidst the battle, Kaios shouted at Sylvalladine to run away and live to fight another day and continue spreading Aradain's word. Sylvalladine refused. But then, as they continued fighting, something happened: Kaios' blade shattered from the abuse it was suffering. Yet Kaios did not surrender and continued in the battle, fighting armed Knights and Mages with only his hands, as he continued shouting at Sylvalladine, insisting- Or rather, begging her to go away, but she would not, refusing to leave him there, believing that they could still survive through all of that. They fought and fought, until he, too, fell to the enemy, a blade having cleaved right through him. 'Survive!' was the last thing he said to her before his death.

Seeing her lover's corpse on the ground, having been cut in two halves, Lady Sylvalladine finally realized something. She stood amidst a bloodied battlefield, alone, no allies to help her anymore. Great grief filled her heart, not leaving any room for rage, for her love was too pure to be stained by hate. And yet, even with all of her suffering, she was determined to live on, for Kaios and for all who had given their lives up for her. And so, she continued fighting the enemy, smiting dozens and dozens of enemies with her sacred spells, until eventually one reached her and forced her into the ground. In a moment of despair, she took the broken hilt of her lover's sword, despite knowing that it would not be of any help, and swung it up at her enemy, silently praying to the God-Knight that it would be of some help.

And imagine the surprise of all, including Lady Sylvalladine herself, when the body of the one that had forced her down split into two perfectly symmetrical halves. She looked at the weapon she held in her hand once again, and once again she saw nothing but a broken hilt with no blade on it, yet it still cut as well as the mightiest sword. Sylvalladine rose up once again and continued to fight. During those times, the idea of a Mage wielding a sword was simply laughable. How could such a thing happen? And yet, Sylvalladine's hands seemed to move by themselves. Now, she was not only fighting with her spells of holy might against these foes. She also fought like a seasoned warrior, like someone who had lived by the blade for their whole existence.

Like Kaios.

The fear inspiring sight of a woman who had lost everything fighting fiercely with sword and magic alike filled her enemies with awe and terror, and many threw their weapons away and begged for forgiveness. Those who did not were quickly routed by a woman who was fueled not by rage, but by grief and by an inexorable wish to live on for the fallen. Once they all had been slain, Lady Sylvalladine turned to those who had surrendered to her. They had slain her friends. They had slain her lover. And yet, she knew what her friends, her lover and her Master would have wanted, and thus, she forgave them, and they vowed to follow her and Aradain's word. They proclaimed Sylvalladine their queen, and upon her silvery armor, stained red with the blood of the unholy, they placed a golden circlet that merged itself with her helmet.

In time, Lady Sylvalladine the first Auregin and her followers came to be known as the Order of the Phantom Blade, in honor of Kaios, whose spirit is believed to have powered his broken blade in order to protect her. To this day, Sylvalladine's tomb is the holiest of all shrines, and the Phantom Blade is the greatest of all treasures, at least to us, members of the Phantom Blade. Lady Sylvalladine is regarded as the first Magus Ensis of all, as well as our greatest heroine."

A summary of the Chalice War

Without a doubt the bloodiest conflicts since the times before the God-Knight's descent, the Chalice War claimed billions of lives, destroyed thousands of planets and crippled hundreds of Orders. It was not, however, a battle that put brother against brother. No, it was a battle that placed the Redemit against one of the greatest foes they had ever faced, enemies that for the longest time were thought to be only myths, stories told to children in order to scare them, legends passed from generation to generation in order to perpetuate culture and honor tradition.

Dragons. Creatures born in another dimension with tremendous powers at their command.

Before the War, through his servant the Red Knight, the ruling Aurex of the Order of the Phantom Blade, Lord Pandracon, acquired a powerful artifact rumored to be imbued with the power of Aradain Himself. The Chalice War began shortly after, as the capital of the Phantom Blade, Cathedral Kaineroth, was consumed by a giant black hole that seemed to manifest in its core. From it emerged one of the aforementioned creatures, mentioned only in ancient legends and older nightmares: The White Demon, He Who Rends Light, the King of All Dragons. Along with him, several other dragons emerged from the singularity, pulling themselves out of it as if unaffected by the gravitational anomaly.

The White Dragon and his servants rampaged through the Known Universe after having erased Cathedral Kaineroth, forcing hundreds of Orders to band together and try to halt the advance of the Dragons, but even then, the odds were against them, for more and more of them constantly emerged from the black hole that glared maliciously at the universe from where Cathedral Kaineroth had once stood, the black hole that was dubbed the Dragon's Gate. In order to seal it, the entirety of the inhabitants of Cathedral Vorago, the Abyssmals, members of the Order of the Void, had to perform a magical rite to counteract the gravitational singularity and close the Dragon's Gate, sacrificing themselves in the process.

The Chalice War, however, continued raging, for even though no more Dragons could enter our dimension through it, those who had already done so were still able to fight for the White Demon. And yet, slowly but steadily, the Redemit, united once again, brought the Dragons down, one by one, until only a handful of them remained. At last, the White Demon made a final stand on the void above Cathedral Argos, ancient temple of the God-Knight. One million Mages and one million Knights, accompanied by many powerful warriors of races from beyond the Known Universe, faced off against the White Demon and his six remaining Dragon underlings that day. Few survived, for the power of the Dragons was great, but in the end, the Red Knight triumphed over the last enemy standing, the White Dragon himself, slaying the beast and ending the War.

Soon afterwards, the Red Knight disappeared, never to be found. Some say that he went to find redemption for finding the artifact that started the Chalice War, others claim that he left to avenge the lives lost by storming the world of the Dragons by himself. The truth is not known, but, though his role in the beginning of the War caused some controversy, he is almost universally renowned for being the hero that trumped the White Demon and brought an end to the War, along with the companions he had acquired during his journey to find the artifact.

A thousand years have passed since then.

Setting:

Cathedral Arcadia and the Silver Hand Academy

Cathedral Arcadia, known as the Crimson Citadel for its red skies, lies in the High North of the Known Universe, at the fringes of the Phantom Blade's territory. Named after the Red Knight himself, Cathedral Arcadia, founded a hundred years after the end of the Chalice War, is an important asset to the Order of the Phantom Blade. It is a rocky planet of lush green forests and large mountains, not only fit but also eager to support life, which is quite abundant in it. Furthermore, it has plenty of fertile lands and is quite rich in resources, which has allowed the Cathedral to remain mostly self-sufficient, only occasionally requiring to order products from outside. However, by far the most important thing in Cathedral Arcadia is the Silver Hand Academy. Created by a descendant of the Red Knight's surviving kin three hundred and forty-three years after the founding of the Cathedral, the Silver Hand Academy, though humble in its beginning, slowly but steadily grew, acquiring most of the Cathedral for its use as it proved time and time again to be one of the best academies in the Phantom Blade's territory.

In the present day, the Silver Hand Academy practically owns Cathedral Arcadia with all of its industries, facilities and territories, and is the most important academy of the Order of the Phantom Blade, admitting every year thousands of aspiring trainees from the Phantom Blade and beyond to one of its several branches on Arcadia's surface. Only the best and most talented ever graduate and walk away from its halls with honor, and it is regarded by many, regardless of Order or affiliation, to be the best place for the training of Mages and Knights alike. In addition, thanks to the Cathedral's self-sufficience, aspiring Knights and Mages are provided with all of the required equipment, lodging and sustenance in situ, all of it provided by the Academy's own assets in Arcadia. Throughout the planet, many training facilities are laid out strategically both for the convenience of the students and for the sake of their training, and its teachers are some of the best Knights and Mages in the Order. Presently, the Academy's current council is headed by one Augustus Alistar.

It is here where you have been admitted, and it is here where your life will change.

The technology of the Redemit is incredibly advanced in some aspects, to the point of being mind-boggling, but it has been completely neglected in others to the point of driving certain technologies to nonexistence. The Cathedrals that have been mentioned so extensively are partially or totally terraformed planetary citadels created by the Redemit in order to inhabit them or otherwise utilize them for other purposes such as industry. They are protected by a variety of defensive measures, such as a shield matrix to keep away small objects in collision course and protect the Cathedral's inhabitants from any unorthodox ammount of radiation and such, or enormous cannons called Eyes of Aradain, which are sufficient to deal with most types of greater threats. The Pegasii, mounts of Knights and Mages alike, are powerful hoverbikes capable of space flight, more often than not with metallic wings containing additional thrusters and sometimes able to carry more than one passenger.

In addition, Knights and Mages have access to powerful equipment. Their armors are manufactured in such way and with such materials that they are both extremely durable and lighter than one would think, at least by Redemit standards. They themselves aren't able to stop energy weapons in their tracks, but they are quite useful in stopping lesser threats and keeping their wearers alive in extreme conditions, not to mention they are capable of projecting energy shields in response to an attack by an energy weapon, thus stopping the attack. These reactive energy barriers are powered by a battery held within the armor, and though they can run out, they can also be recharged. The armors themselves can be summoned in a variety of ways. Some are worn as a small pack which spreads out to cover the user as tesselated armor, while others are placed in Hyperspace Storage Units and summoned from there by speaking a codeword. They are often similar to the armors of medieval times, but with a futuristic look. They may or may not have a variety of add-ons such as thrusters or grappling hooks, though they often do not.

On the other hand, Knights wield powerful energy weapons which are capable of cleaving through most types of matter, though they will collide as normally with energy shields or other energy weapons. These arms are, in fact, skeletons of actual weaponry which are capable of emitting energy blades when activated in order to serve their purpose. They can be worn and carried along while de-activated or, much like armors, stored in Hyperspace Storage Units and summoned with a codeword, the weapon's "name." Like armors, their energy is fed by batteries, which can run out, but can be recharged on the field as well. Some of these weapons are as advanced as to possess an AI of their own.

The magic of the Redemit can be traced back to the ancient times of the warring Humans, when Mael, King of the Wizards, ruled over all those who could wield the power of magic like him. Magic is the result of extensive experimentation, biotechnological research and genetic engineering. It comes from a technology which enables the subjects to manipulate the forces around themselves and their environment as they pleased, and it was inserted into the genes of Humanity long ago, before they became the Redemit. As such, it pretty much lies dormant in the body of every Redemit, though it takes great training to unlock this potential and master it, not to mention the great ammounts of energy that magic consumes, which means that Mages must either achieve such levels of energy by themselves or have a power source handy at all times. The technology to create and insert magic into living creatures has long since been lost, but magic lives on in the Redemit.

Naturally, there are different schools of magic among the Redemit, and Mages must usually devote themselves to one, for it is extremely difficult to master a single one of them in the first place. Only Mael, King of the Wizards, was said to have mastered all four. First of these schools is the school of Energy Magic, by far the most common of them all, and in most cases, the most useful as well. Energy Magic consists in the alteration of the energies surrounding the user. There are a variety of methods to activate this type of magic, some still known and some long lost, but it is commonly activated through codewords. It is, in fact, the only widespread school of magic, for the other three are tremendously difficult to master and rarely found at all. Time or 'Cronos' Magic is still in a primitive state and few follow its doctrine. Gravity or 'Void' Magic became extinct after the only civilization known to possess it, the Abyssmals, sacrificed themselves to seal the Dragon's Gate. And the users of the ever-elusive Physis Magic known to have existed can be counted on one hand.

The Order of the Phantom Blade utilizes Energy Magic, naturally, and it is this school of magic which is taught at the Silver Hand Academy.

Not done reading, but it looks interesting.
ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:05 pm

Detailed Description:

Brilliant.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Agritum wrote:Rup,

You scare me.

I didn't even exist in 2011.
yes I was born in 2012 ok I am NS NS is life NS is love ok then thank you

The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Agritum wrote:
Rupudska wrote:
You remember that?

Rup,

Such is the life of an OP; so many ideas, so little time.
ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives