NATION

PASSWORD

Libertarian Party HQ (NEW) [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Joe Washington
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Joe Washington » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:43 pm

I think I'll run for chairmen. It's worth a shot.

Also:

Gay Marriage:
Libertarians are supportive of gay marriage and it's recognition on the federal level. We do not support government involvement in marriage.

This seems to be contradictory.
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
But we were young; we lived to see God break their bitter charms.
God and the good Republic come riding back in arms!

▇▇▇▇▇▇
...Anarcho-capitalist...
Christian Fundamental
One people, under God.
▇▇▇▇▇▇
God made you special
And He loves you very much!
Such is my manifesto.
▇▇▇▇▇▇
Do you want to know where spiritual anarchists hide themselves?
You will find them on the thrones of worldly tyrannies!
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
This is not a parody.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:28 pm

New Bierstaat wrote:Need some member input now that the party is merged:
1. Is anyone else interested in running for party chair?
2. I'd like to have some input on the new party logo, as it's pretty clear we'll be changing our name as we are merging with the LFP.
3. On the same token, does anyone have an opinion on party colors?
4. Does anyone have a problem with us incorporating the LFP platform?

1. I will run for chairman.
2. Lady Liberty sounds like a fine symbol.
3. Black and Gold.
4. I see no problem with the following:

Minarchist States wrote:Aight, here's the current LFP platform, let's see what we can do with it:
Economics
Libertarians believe in economic freedom and non-intervention in the economy. Leftists want to make the rich poorer through punitive tax rates; we want to make the poor richer by allowing the free market to take its course.
Laissez-Faire Capitalism
Libertarians believe that economic freedom must be the guiding principle of all economic policy; as such, we support laissez-faire ("free market") capitalism. We believe that this system is the freest, as well as being the most successful system for creating the most wealth for the most people.
Energy
Libertarians believe in an "all of the above" energy policy. We recognize the need to further develop renewable energy technologies; however, at the same time, we feel that it would it would be a waste to let the world's vast remaining fossil fuel reserves to go unused. We oppose any plan to reduce the overall energy consumption over time. We support the increased use of nuclear energy, and reject anti-nuclear sentiment as irrational, psuedoscientific, and technophobic.
Taxes
Libertarians see taxes as a necessary evil, as something that is unfortunately necessary but should be kept to the lowest level possible. We support a flat tax with a standard deduction regionally adjusted for cost of living. We oppose excessive property tax as an attempt to punish success, and we are strongly opposed to a death tax. We support a moderate sales tax. We are opposed to any attempts to "spread the wealth" through punitive tax rates on high income earners.
Environment
Libertarians acknowledge protection of the environment as a worthy goal, but we believe that the environmental movement has gone too far. We are uncompromisingly opposed to any "cap and trade" program. We support a removal of the various environmental obstacles to new development that have slowed growth in recent years; we are especially opposed to the "environmental impact reports" that can often drag out new development projects for years or even decades. We support the continued existence of a national park system, but believe that some parks should privatized through sale of parklands to private owners who pledge to sustainably use the land.
Free Trade
Libertarians support unrestricted free trade between the nations of the world. We are uncompromisingly opposed to tariffs, and to any so-called "fair trade" restrictions.

Personal Liberty

The LFP supports immediate legalization of cannabis.

We do not support government involvement in marriage. However, as long as the government continues to involve itself in marital affairs, we demand equal recognition of all marriages, without regard to gender, number, or any other factor.

We believe that a woman has the right to terminate a pregnancy, as dictated by the principle of bodily sovereignty.

International Liberty

We support a well-funded, well-trained military for the purposes of national defense. However, we are staunchly opposed to imperialism and acting as the world's policemen.

Political Liberty

We support the right to vote for all.

Free Speech:
Libertarians advocate absolute free speech, and believe that the state has no right to restrict it at all. Libertarians are generally against "Hate Speech" laws, or any laws that legislate "politically correct" forms of speech.

Economics:
We believe in a lassiez faire type of capitalist system, in which regulations are minimal at most in order to create a more efficient Aurentine economy. We also believe that taxes are that when possible, should be kept low where needed and eliminated where not needed. We support a moderate sales tax, and are opposed to a death tax. Libertarians are generally against protectionism like tariffs as a hindrance to our economy.

Energy:
Libertarians believe in an "all of the above" energy policy. We recognize the need to further develop renewable energy technologies; however, at the same time, we feel that it would it would be a waste to let the world's vast remaining fossil fuel reserves to go unused. We support the increased use of nuclear energy.

Environment:
Libertarians acknowledge protection of the environment as a worthy goal, but we believe that the environmental movement has gone too far. We are uncompromisingly opposed to any "cap and trade" program. We support a removal of the various environmental obstacles to new development that have slowed growth in recent years. We support the continued existence of a national park system, but believe that some parks should privatized through sale of parklands to private owners who pledge to sustainably use the land.

Welfare:
Although we acknowledge that some level of welfare is needed for the state to exist, and oppose completely throwing people onto the street, the Libertarian Party believes that the current welfare state is completely unnecessary for the Aurentine people and that it would be better for both the people and the economy if it were reduced in size. We believe that the welfare state should be a mere reactive caretaker instead of an proactive nanny.

Abortion:
We acknowledge that abortion is a personal choice that should be left to the moral decision of the mother and not the government. We oppose public funding of abortion clinics.

Gay Marriage:
Libertarians are supportive of gay marriage and it's recognition on the federal level. We do not support government involvement in marriage.

Immigration:
We welcome all people of all nations to Aurentina, and we wish to make the transition to citizenship as quick and smooth as possible. We oppose completely closed borders.

Defense:
Libertarians oppose public intervention, particularly in hot spots such as the middle east, unless there is any immediate threat to do so. We support keeping a small well rounded military for defense. We strongly oppose the creation of nuclear armaments.

Privacy:
We are against mass public state surveillance and national DNA databases of our citizens.

I had tried to make the platform all encompassing as possible while still advocating libertarian tenants. I want to make it so that an Anarcho-Capitalist, Minarchist, Objectivist, Neo-Libertarian, and a Paleoconservative could all look at it and agree to it. What do you guys think?

I agree with most of it.

Minarchist States wrote:
Aight, what about this?

Libertarian Party

Or without a background:

Libertarian Party

I like the first though maybe black background and gold words? (message me when the forum is up).
Last edited by Zurkerx on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Minarchist States
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchist States » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:36 pm

Joe Washington wrote:I think I'll run for chairmen. It's worth a shot.

Also:

Gay Marriage:

Ah, no it isn't. Recognizing and supporting gay marriage doesn't mean involvement (legislation against or affirmative action esque for it). It means favoritism...but hey...our ideals are morally superior, right. :)

@Zurk: Only problem with Lady Liberty is that she's an American symbol and well...Aurentina=/=America
Otherwise known as The Liberated Territories
Join Team Vestmark - NSGS Reboot

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:45 pm

Minarchist States wrote:@Zurk: Only problem with Lady Liberty is that she's an American symbol and well...Aurentina=/=America

Oh man. *Runs somewhere else*

I can see what you mean.

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:39 am

Too many candidates...
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

Minarchist States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchist States » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Belmaria wrote:Too many candidates...

Agreed. I will stay where I am for now, as it gives me the freedom to pull strings while not being overloaded.

The poll is over and it's official: we are now the Libertarian Party of Aurentina! If you may, NB, change the title to reflect it? :p
Last edited by Minarchist States on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Minarchist States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchist States » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Zurk, do you think you can go over to the NSG senate applications thread to confirm the merger?

EDIT: please be patient, police/investigation guys, until we get everything sorted out here. Thanks!
Last edited by Minarchist States on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:08 pm

Minarchist States wrote:Zurk, do you think you can go over to the NSG senate applications thread to confirm the merger?

EDIT: please be patient, police/investigation guys, until we get everything sorted out here. Thanks!

It's all said and done.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:17 pm

How are you guys doing?
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Neu Preussische Republik
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu Preussische Republik » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Ainin wrote:How are you guys doing?

Quite well, thank you.
I am a registered Independent, an enthusiast of Political and Economic history and an American Citizen.
[5]
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.46
Map | Current flag

Minarchist States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchist States » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Ainin wrote:How are you guys doing?

Fairly well. We are getting some of the kinks worked out and all that, and then we shall move onto the creation of our first act.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Joe Washington wrote:I think I'll run for chairmen. It's worth a shot.

Also:

Gay Marriage:

My thoughts exactly!

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Senator Marco Reyes stood up.

"Comrades in Liberty, while Mr. Smith's recent actions may have been misjudged and premature, they do not speak loud enough to silence his contributions to this party and to the global cause of freedom and liberty.
I hereby donate a personal sum of €10,000 to build a statue in honor of Mr. Smith and his work.
Thank you,
And Viva La Contra-Revolution!!!
"

Reposting on the new thread

"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:Senator Marco Reyes stood up.

"Comrades in Liberty, while Mr. Smith's recent actions may have been misjudged and premature, they do not speak loud enough to silence his contributions to this party and to the global cause of freedom and liberty.
I hereby donate a personal sum of €10,000 to build a statue in honor of Mr. Smith and his work.
Thank you,
"

Joe Washington
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Joe Washington » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:09 pm

Thank you,
"

I am under the impression that he attempted to fly a plane into a building.

A plane.

Into a building.

That's not the kinds of actions we need commemorated, no matter the purity of his intentions.
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇▇
...Anarcho-capitalist...
Christian Fundamental
One people, under God.
▇▇▇▇▇▇
God made you special
Such is my manifesto.
▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
This is not a parody.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:12 pm

New Bierstaat wrote:
Belmaria wrote:The party logo is similar to the Progress Coalition logo. We should probably change that.

The Progress Coalition logo is a gold star and a dove. I fail to see how that's similar to a blue arrow pointing right with gold text.

(I think he meant our old one)
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Commonwealth Air Force
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Commonwealth Air Force » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:13 pm

An angry off-duty serviceman throws a potato at the building and runs away.
Commonwealth Air Force
Per Voler Sunata
(Destined to Soar)

View the Air Force Museum of Aurentina
RIP Avro CF-105 Arrow, the best aircraft ever made.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Joe Washington wrote:

Thank you,
"

A plane.

Into a building.

That's not the kinds of actions we need commemorated, no matter the purity of his intentions.

"As I have stated, it was misjudged and premature. We are not commemorating him for his trigger-happy loss of sanity, rather his dedication prior."

Joe Washington
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Joe Washington » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:23 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Joe Washington wrote:

A plane.

Into a building.

"As I have stated, it was misjudged and premature. We are not commemorating him for his trigger-happy loss of sanity, rather his dedication prior."

Ah, I apologize.

We still need to keep in mind that will almost certainly be taken the wrong way.
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇▇
...Anarcho-capitalist...
Christian Fundamental
One people, under God.
▇▇▇▇▇▇
God made you special
Such is my manifesto.
▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
This is not a parody.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Joe Washington wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:

Ah, I apologize.

We still need to keep in mind that will almost certainly be taken the wrong way.

"Indeed it will. And it will thus lead to irrational thoughts which will manifest themselves as irrational actions. And the ball will once again be in our court...

In a completely unrelated matter, I will soon be drafting a bill to allow foreign industry, mainly that of the USA, unfettered access to the oil reserves on and around Liberty Island.
"
Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skeckoa
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skeckoa » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Joe Washington wrote:
Ah, I apologize.

"Indeed it will. And it will thus lead to irrational thoughts which will manifest themselves as irrational actions. And the ball will once again be in our court...

In a completely unrelated matter, I will soon be drafting a bill to allow foreign industry, mainly that of the USA, unfettered access to the oil reserves on and around Liberty Island.
"

You need a bill to do that? I thought it was just given that the property could be sold.
One of those PC liberals with anti-colonist sympathies
——————————
————————————
————————————
CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC
————————————

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:22 am

Skeckoa wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:

"

You need a bill to do that? I thought it was just given that the property could be sold.

Not if the leftists have their way. There has been talk of making the island a protected wildlife preserve to spite us.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:53 am

Belmaria wrote:
Skeckoa wrote:

Not if the leftists have their way. There has been talk of making the island a protected wildlife preserve to spite us.

I have absolutely no problem donating a portion of my land to become a wildlife preserve. "Save the trees, tear down the tyrrants" is my motto.
However, that's good news considering a global oil shortage is a very good way to get people on our side who could counter-act the fascists monopoly on force.

Joe Washington
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Joe Washington » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:50 pm

I have decided not to run for the chairman after all. I don't have nearly enough time IRL.
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇▇
...Anarcho-capitalist...
Christian Fundamental
One people, under God.
▇▇▇▇▇▇
God made you special
Such is my manifesto.
▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
This is not a parody.

New Bierstaat
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bierstaat » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:25 pm

Have no fear, the OP will be updated tomorrow to reflect the merger between the LCP and the LFP. My apologies to former LFP members for not doing this sooner.
POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic +2.75
Social +1.28

Thomas Jefferson wrote:I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives