NATION

PASSWORD

Libertarian Party HQ (NEW) [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:10 am

Minarchist States wrote:
Belmaria wrote:Make sure all taxation is covered, and not just income taxation.

Gotcha,

Alright, the results are coming in, and it seems like we are for the merger from 5 aye to 2 nay.

So please, Libertarian Freedom Party members, leave your bags at the door and we shall see you to your rooms.

THE MERGER IS COMPLETED. THE TWO PARTIES ARE NOW ONE.

Now we shall also enact a vote whether to keep the name as the Libertarian Capitalist Party, or become simply the Libertarian Party (with Bier's permission)

Current vote:

Libertarian Capitalist Party: 0

Libertarian Party: 0

I am still a member of the senate, I just don't have a character for now. Can I still vote?
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

Minarchist States
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchist States » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:11 am

Belmaria wrote:
Minarchist States wrote:
Gotcha,

Alright, the results are coming in, and it seems like we are for the merger from 5 aye to 2 nay.

So please, Libertarian Freedom Party members, leave your bags at the door and we shall see you to your rooms.

THE MERGER IS COMPLETED. THE TWO PARTIES ARE NOW ONE.

Now we shall also enact a vote whether to keep the name as the Libertarian Capitalist Party, or become simply the Libertarian Party (with Bier's permission)

Current vote:

Libertarian Capitalist Party: 0

Libertarian Party: 0

I am still a member of the senate, I just don't have a character for now. Can I still vote?

Well, I am sure you can, I don't see the harm actually. You will always be one of us. *collective darth vader laugh*
Otherwise known as The Liberated Territories
Join Team Vestmark - NSGS Reboot

Joe Washington
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Joe Washington » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:16 am

Minarchist States wrote:I had an idea for an act that'll cap taxation at a certain point called the Freedom from Taxation act (pending). This would make it so the upper class doesn't pay more than 65% and middle class more than 40% of their wealth, either accidentally or purposely by the government. It's somewhat symbolic as well...anybody would like to help? I'll be on later tonight.

The caps need to be lowered. Taxes themselves are bad enough, a tax rate over 50% is horrific.

I vote Libertarian party.
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
But we were young; we lived to see God break their bitter charms.
God and the good Republic come riding back in arms!

▇▇▇▇▇▇
...Anarcho-capitalist...
Christian Fundamental
One people, under God.
▇▇▇▇▇▇
God made you special
And He loves you very much!
Such is my manifesto.
▇▇▇▇▇▇
Do you want to know where spiritual anarchists hide themselves?
You will find them on the thrones of worldly tyrannies!
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
This is not a parody.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:18 am

I also vote for the name "Libertarian Party"
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:19 am

I write in People's Freedom Party

Minarchist States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchist States » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:23 am

Joe Washington wrote:
Minarchist States wrote:I had an idea for an act that'll cap taxation at a certain point called the Freedom from Taxation act (pending). This would make it so the upper class doesn't pay more than 65% and middle class more than 40% of their wealth, either accidentally or purposely by the government. It's somewhat symbolic as well...anybody would like to help? I'll be on later tonight.

The caps need to be lowered. Taxes themselves are bad enough, a tax rate over 50% is horrific.

I vote Libertarian party.

Agreed. For now we just need some layer of protection, which is what the FFT Act will provide.

I myself vote for Libertarian Party, none less.

Libertarian Party (Full name: Libertarian Party of Aurentina) 6

LCP 0

This vote will last for 18 more hours!
Last edited by Minarchist States on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:40 am

After some thought I have decided to change my vote to:

Skeckoa
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skeckoa » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:30 am

I vote Libertarian Party of Aurentina // Freiheitëer Paart wän Aurentina

Congrats on the merger y'all!
Last edited by Skeckoa on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
One of those PC liberals with anti-colonist sympathies
——————————
————————————
————————————
CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC
————————————

Minarchist States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchist States » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:12 pm

Skeckoa wrote:I vote Libertarian Party of Aurentina // Freiheitëer Paart wän Aurentina

Congrats on the merger y'all!

I think we can compromise on that.

New Bierstaat
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bierstaat » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:12 pm

I'll vote for Libertarian Party as well. I can think of no name that would better symbolize the platform of the new combined party.
POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic +2.75
Social +1.28

Thomas Jefferson wrote:I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:13 pm

New Bierstaat wrote:I'll vote for Libertarian Party as well. I can think of no name that would better symbolize the platform of the new combined party.

Liberty Isle party? :lol:
Slava Ukraini

New Bierstaat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Bierstaat » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:15 pm

The Nihilistic view wrote:
New Bierstaat wrote:I'll vote for Libertarian Party as well. I can think of no name that would better symbolize the platform of the new combined party.

Liberty Isle party? :lol:

:rofl:
POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic +2.75
Social +1.28

Thomas Jefferson wrote:I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

New Bierstaat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Bierstaat » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Need some member input now that the party is merged:
1. Is anyone else interested in running for party chair?
2. I'd like to have some input on the new party logo, as it's pretty clear we'll be changing our name as we are merging with the LFP.
3. On the same token, does anyone have an opinion on party colors?
4. Does anyone have a problem with us incorporating the LFP platform?
POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic +2.75
Social +1.28

Minarchist States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchist States » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:38 pm

New Bierstaat wrote:Need some member input now that the party is merged:
2. I'd like to have some input on the new party logo, as it's pretty clear we'll be changing our name as we are merging with the LFP.

1. I would of course. :p
2. I got some ideas which I'll put up soon.
3. Yellowish gold, which stands for both liberalism and gold (i.e. capitalism), and a dark blue, our former colors and the color of classical conservatism, which has ties to minarchism. The dusky blue is also represented on both the American LP and the UKLP.

I also have the idea for gold and sea green, the latter representing classical liberalism for some time in the UK

4. Nope! But it has to be streamlined. We also want to make the platform welcoming of both moderate libertarians and anarcho-capitalists.
Last edited by Minarchist States on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Bierstaat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Bierstaat » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Minarchist States wrote:

1. I would of course. :p
2. I got some ideas which I'll put up soon.
3. Yellowish gold, which stands for both liberalism and gold (i.e. capitalism), and a dark blue, our former colors and the color of classical conservatism, which has ties to minarchism. The dusky blue is also represented on both the American LP and the UKLP.
4. Nope! But it has to be streamlined. We also want to make the platform welcoming of both moderate libertarians and anarcho-capitalists.

I'll of course be running for chair as well.
POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic +2.75
Social +1.28

Skeckoa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skeckoa » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:21 pm

3. Black (LFP), Blue (LCP), and Gold/Yellow (Common color and traditional color of Classical Liberalism)

Flat tax. To keep it general we should just keep the whole taxation issue as a simple case of "lower overall taxes and eliminate product-specific taxes)

Personal Liberty: the LFP platform only has mentioned cannabis and non-traditional marraige. This should be expanded in the platform as "The [[party name]] beleives in complete personal freedom under the notion that one can do what they choose with their own property as long as they do not infringe one the rights or that same free choice of another person's property, of which one's body is by all means included" or something among those lines.

International Liberty: Just pose this as "we are non-interventionalist, but not pacifist... then proceed to differentiate between the two.:

Suggestions^^^ I still don't know how broad or how specific this platform will be.
Last edited by Skeckoa on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
——————————
————————————
————————————
CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC
————————————

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Skeckoa wrote:

3. Black (LFP), Blue (LCP), and Gold/Yellow (Common color and traditional color of Classical Liberalism)

Flat tax. To keep it general we should just keep the whole taxation issue as a simple case of "lower overall taxes and eliminate product-specific taxes)

Personal Liberty: the LFP platform only has mentioned cannabis and non-traditional marraige. This should be expanded in the platform as "The [[party name]] beleives in complete personal freedom under the notion that one can do what they choose with their own property as long as they do not infringe one the rights or that same free choice of another person's property, of which one's body is by all means included" or something among those lines.

International Liberty: Just pose this as "we are non-interventionalist, but not pacifist... then proceed to differentiate between the two.:

Suggestions^^^ I still don't know how broad or how specific this platform will be.

Agreed. Privacy, free speech and habeas corpus should be included as well.

Minarchist States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchist States » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Aight, here's the current LFP platform, let's see what we can do with it:

Economics
Libertarians believe in economic freedom and non-intervention in the economy. Leftists want to make the rich poorer through punitive tax rates; we want to make the poor richer by allowing the free market to take its course.
Laissez-Faire Capitalism
Libertarians believe that economic freedom must be the guiding principle of all economic policy; as such, we support laissez-faire ("free market") capitalism. We believe that this system is the freest, as well as being the most successful system for creating the most wealth for the most people.
Energy
Libertarians believe in an "all of the above" energy policy. We recognize the need to further develop renewable energy technologies; however, at the same time, we feel that it would it would be a waste to let the world's vast remaining fossil fuel reserves to go unused. We oppose any plan to reduce the overall energy consumption over time. We support the increased use of nuclear energy, and reject anti-nuclear sentiment as irrational, psuedoscientific, and technophobic.
Taxes
Libertarians see taxes as a necessary evil, as something that is unfortunately necessary but should be kept to the lowest level possible. We support a flat tax with a standard deduction regionally adjusted for cost of living. We oppose excessive property tax as an attempt to punish success, and we are strongly opposed to a death tax. We support a moderate sales tax. We are opposed to any attempts to "spread the wealth" through punitive tax rates on high income earners.
Environment
Libertarians acknowledge protection of the environment as a worthy goal, but we believe that the environmental movement has gone too far. We are uncompromisingly opposed to any "cap and trade" program. We support a removal of the various environmental obstacles to new development that have slowed growth in recent years; we are especially opposed to the "environmental impact reports" that can often drag out new development projects for years or even decades. We support the continued existence of a national park system, but believe that some parks should privatized through sale of parklands to private owners who pledge to sustainably use the land.
Free Trade
Libertarians support unrestricted free trade between the nations of the world. We are uncompromisingly opposed to tariffs, and to any so-called "fair trade" restrictions.

Personal Liberty

The LFP supports immediate legalization of cannabis.

We do not support government involvement in marriage. However, as long as the government continues to involve itself in marital affairs, we demand equal recognition of all marriages, without regard to gender, number, or any other factor.

We believe that a woman has the right to terminate a pregnancy, as dictated by the principle of bodily sovereignty.

International Liberty

We support a well-funded, well-trained military for the purposes of national defense. However, we are staunchly opposed to imperialism and acting as the world's policemen.

Political Liberty

We support the right to vote for all.

Free Speech:
Libertarians advocate absolute free speech, and believe that the state has no right to restrict it at all. Libertarians are generally against "Hate Speech" laws, or any laws that legislate "politically correct" forms of speech.

Economics:
We believe in a lassiez faire type of capitalist system, in which regulations are minimal at most in order to create a more efficient Aurentine economy. We also believe that taxes are that when possible, should be kept low where needed and eliminated where not needed. We support a moderate sales tax, and are opposed to a death tax. Libertarians are generally against protectionism like tariffs as a hindrance to our economy.

Energy:
Libertarians believe in an "all of the above" energy policy. We recognize the need to further develop renewable energy technologies; however, at the same time, we feel that it would it would be a waste to let the world's vast remaining fossil fuel reserves to go unused. We support the increased use of nuclear energy.

Environment:
Libertarians acknowledge protection of the environment as a worthy goal, but we believe that the environmental movement has gone too far. We are uncompromisingly opposed to any "cap and trade" program. We support a removal of the various environmental obstacles to new development that have slowed growth in recent years. We support the continued existence of a national park system, but believe that some parks should privatized through sale of parklands to private owners who pledge to sustainably use the land.

Welfare:
Although we acknowledge that some level of welfare is needed for the state to exist, and oppose completely throwing people onto the street, the Libertarian Party believes that the current welfare state is completely unnecessary for the Aurentine people and that it would be better for both the people and the economy if it were reduced in size. We believe that the welfare state should be a mere reactive caretaker instead of an proactive nanny.

Abortion:
We acknowledge that abortion is a personal choice that should be left to the moral decision of the mother and not the government. We oppose public funding of abortion clinics.

Gay Marriage:
Libertarians are supportive of gay marriage and it's recognition on the federal level. We do not support government involvement in marriage.

Immigration:
We welcome all people of all nations to Aurentina, and we wish to make the transition to citizenship as quick and smooth as possible. We oppose completely closed borders.

Defense:
Libertarians oppose public intervention, particularly in hot spots such as the middle east, unless there is any immediate threat to do so. We support keeping a small well rounded military for defense. We strongly oppose the creation of nuclear armaments.

Privacy:
We are against mass public state surveillance and national DNA databases of our citizens.

I had tried to make the platform all encompassing as possible while still advocating libertarian tenants. I want to make it so that an Anarcho-Capitalist, Minarchist, Objectivist, Neo-Libertarian, and a Paleoconservative could all look at it and agree to it. What do you guys think?
Last edited by Minarchist States on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Minarchist States wrote:Aight, here's the current LFP platform, let's see what we can do with it:

Economics
Libertarians believe in economic freedom and non-intervention in the economy. Leftists want to make the rich poorer through punitive tax rates; we want to make the poor richer by allowing the free market to take its course.
Laissez-Faire Capitalism
Libertarians believe that economic freedom must be the guiding principle of all economic policy; as such, we support laissez-faire ("free market") capitalism. We believe that this system is the freest, as well as being the most successful system for creating the most wealth for the most people.
Energy
Libertarians believe in an "all of the above" energy policy. We recognize the need to further develop renewable energy technologies; however, at the same time, we feel that it would it would be a waste to let the world's vast remaining fossil fuel reserves to go unused. We oppose any plan to reduce the overall energy consumption over time. We support the increased use of nuclear energy, and reject anti-nuclear sentiment as irrational, psuedoscientific, and technophobic.
Taxes
Libertarians see taxes as a necessary evil, as something that is unfortunately necessary but should be kept to the lowest level possible. We support a flat tax with a standard deduction regionally adjusted for cost of living. We oppose excessive property tax as an attempt to punish success, and we are strongly opposed to a death tax. We support a moderate sales tax. We are opposed to any attempts to "spread the wealth" through punitive tax rates on high income earners.
Environment
Libertarians acknowledge protection of the environment as a worthy goal, but we believe that the environmental movement has gone too far. We are uncompromisingly opposed to any "cap and trade" program. We support a removal of the various environmental obstacles to new development that have slowed growth in recent years; we are especially opposed to the "environmental impact reports" that can often drag out new development projects for years or even decades. We support the continued existence of a national park system, but believe that some parks should privatized through sale of parklands to private owners who pledge to sustainably use the land.
Free Trade
Libertarians support unrestricted free trade between the nations of the world. We are uncompromisingly opposed to tariffs, and to any so-called "fair trade" restrictions.

Personal Liberty

The LFP supports immediate legalization of cannabis.

We do not support government involvement in marriage. However, as long as the government continues to involve itself in marital affairs, we demand equal recognition of all marriages, without regard to gender, number, or any other factor.

We believe that a woman has the right to terminate a pregnancy, as dictated by the principle of bodily sovereignty.

International Liberty

We support a well-funded, well-trained military for the purposes of national defense. However, we are staunchly opposed to imperialism and acting as the world's policemen.

Political Liberty

We support the right to vote for all.

Free Speech:
Libertarians advocate absolute free speech, and believe that the state has no right to restrict it at all. Libertarians are generally against "Hate Speech" laws, or any laws that legislate "politically correct" forms of speech.

Economics:
We believe in a lassiez faire type of capitalist system, in which regulations are minimal at most in order to create a more efficient Aurentine economy. We also believe that taxes are that when possible, should be kept low where needed and eliminated where not needed. We support a moderate sales tax, and are opposed to a death tax. Libertarians are generally against protectionism like tariffs as a hindrance to our economy.

Energy:
Libertarians believe in an "all of the above" energy policy. We recognize the need to further develop renewable energy technologies; however, at the same time, we feel that it would it would be a waste to let the world's vast remaining fossil fuel reserves to go unused. We support the increased use of nuclear energy.

Environment:
Libertarians acknowledge protection of the environment as a worthy goal, but we believe that the environmental movement has gone too far. We are uncompromisingly opposed to any "cap and trade" program. We support a removal of the various environmental obstacles to new development that have slowed growth in recent years. We support the continued existence of a national park system, but believe that some parks should privatized through sale of parklands to private owners who pledge to sustainably use the land.

Welfare:
Although we acknowledge that some level of welfare is needed for the state to exist, and oppose completely throwing people onto the street, the Libertarian Party believes that the current welfare state is completely unnecessary for the Aurentine people and that it would be better for both the people and the economy if it were reduced in size. We believe that the welfare state should be a mere reactive caretaker instead of an proactive nanny.

Abortion:
We acknowledge that abortion is a personal choice that should be left to the moral decision of the mother and not the government. We oppose public funding of abortion clinics.

Gay Marriage:
Libertarians are supportive of gay marriage and it's recognition on the federal level. We do not support government involvement in marriage.

Immigration:
We welcome all people of all nations to Aurentina, and we wish to make the transition to citizenship as quick and smooth as possible. We oppose completely closed borders.

Defense:
Libertarians oppose public intervention, particularly in hot spots such as the middle east, unless there is any immediate threat to do so. We support keeping a small well rounded military for defense. We strongly oppose the creation of nuclear armaments.

Privacy:
We are against mass public state surveillance and national DNA databases of our citizens.

I had tried to make the platform all encompassing as possible while still advocating libertarian tenants. I want to make it so that an Anarcho-Capitalist, Minarchist, Objectivist, Neo-Libertarian, and a Paleoconservative could all look at it and agree to it. What do you guys think?

I like

Neu Preussische Republik
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu Preussische Republik » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:20 pm

I would personally prefer to go with Black and Gold, but that's just personal preference. :3
I am a registered Independent, an enthusiast of Political and Economic history and an American Citizen.
[5]
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.46
Map | Current flag

Britanno
Minister

Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Hey guys, congrats on the merger, toto the app thread and let the admins know.
NSGS Liberal Democrats - The Centrist Alternative
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
British Home Counties wrote:
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed
America is doing fine atm

Minarchist States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchist States » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:33 pm

Neu Preussische Republik wrote:

I would personally prefer to go with Black and Gold, but that's just personal preference. :3

Aight, what about this?

Libertarian Party

Or without a background:

Libertarian Party

Hey guys, congrats on the merger, toto the app thread and let the admins know.

Thank you. We are going to wait for tomorrow when the name is confirmed, but it is quite obvious we will change
Last edited by Minarchist States on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Skeckoa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skeckoa » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Minarchist States wrote:-snip-

Can we add polygamy in the list of marriage types that we as a party accept?
——————————
————————————
————————————
CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC
————————————

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:33 pm

The party logo is similar to the Progress Coalition logo. We should probably change that.

New Bierstaat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Bierstaat » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Belmaria wrote:The party logo is similar to the Progress Coalition logo. We should probably change that.

The Progress Coalition logo is a gold star and a dove. I fail to see how that's similar to a blue arrow pointing right with gold text.
POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic +2.75
Social +1.28

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives