NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Coffee Shop: 50% off Americanos [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rumostan
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:17 am

Britanno wrote:Just realised, when I put in suggestions from others I never remembered to resubmit it to the coffee shop and seen as little seems to be happening I the coffee shop, may as well do it now.

Aurentine Youth Senate Act

Author: Britanno (PC)

Sponsors: Gothmogs (TR), Geilinor (LD)

UNDERSTANDING that Aurentine citizens under the legal voting age are not given a chance to have any part in our democracy.

AWARE that many young people feel left out of democracy and wish to have their voices heard by the government.

RECOGNISING that Article 12 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child declares that "every child has the right to say what they think in all matters affecting them, and to have their views taken seriously".

ESTABLISHES the Aurentina Youth Senate.

1. Youth Senators

a) In each constituency, one Youth Senator will be elected by the people under the legal voting age who live in that constituency.
b) All the Youth Senators in the country will meet on a monthly basis to debate and raise issues that young people are having.
c) The Senator and Youth Senator for each constituency should meet every fortnight to discuss issues that both adults and children are having in order to provide the best service possible to their constituents.

2. Youth Senate Powers

a) Youth Senate bills may be considered in the binding Aurentine legislature if sponsored by five national legislators in good standing.
b) The Youth Senate shall be able to meet with the Senate at least once every six months to give their say on how our nation is run.
c) The Youth Senate shall not have any active participation in the passing of bills in the Senate that were created by Senators.

This really isn't a good idea...
Senator Alex Johnson- Senator for The National Liberal Party and Senator for the constituency of Lüten (96)
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.26
Why don't you take a look at the nations fact book (still being completed) to get a taste of what it is like in the Sultanate?
I am a non practising Sunni Muslim
Lelouch is amazing and should be a god
I am a Conservative (UK)

Battlion
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:19 am

Rumostan wrote:
Britanno wrote:Just realised, when I put in suggestions from others I never remembered to resubmit it to the coffee shop and seen as little seems to be happening I the coffee shop, may as well do it now.

Aurentine Youth Senate Act

Author: Britanno (PC)

Sponsors: Gothmogs (TR), Geilinor (LD)

UNDERSTANDING that Aurentine citizens under the legal voting age are not given a chance to have any part in our democracy.

AWARE that many young people feel left out of democracy and wish to have their voices heard by the government.

RECOGNISING that Article 12 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child declares that "every child has the right to say what they think in all matters affecting them, and to have their views taken seriously".

ESTABLISHES the Aurentina Youth Senate.

1. Youth Senators

a) In each constituency, one Youth Senator will be elected by the people under the legal voting age who live in that constituency.
b) All the Youth Senators in the country will meet on a monthly basis to debate and raise issues that young people are having.
c) The Senator and Youth Senator for each constituency should meet every fortnight to discuss issues that both adults and children are having in order to provide the best service possible to their constituents.

2. Youth Senate Powers

a) Youth Senate bills may be considered in the binding Aurentine legislature if sponsored by five national legislators in good standing.
b) The Youth Senate shall be able to meet with the Senate at least once every six months to give their say on how our nation is run.
c) The Youth Senate shall not have any active participation in the passing of bills in the Senate that were created by Senators.

How so? :)

Rumostan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:22 am

Battlion wrote:
Rumostan wrote:

How so? :)

Oh actually, no don't worry. I thought this was the previous attempt which tried to give the Youth Senate the power to halt bills. I see no problems with this, I shall sponsor.
Senator Alex Johnson- Senator for The National Liberal Party and Senator for the constituency of Lüten (96)
My political compass:
Why don't you take a look at the nations fact book (still being completed) to get a taste of what it is like in the Sultanate?
I am a Conservative (UK)

Liberated Counties
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:29 am

I'll sponsor the youth senate act. It'll be good to get youth more involved with how their nation is run.
I am a Liberal Capitalist living in the UK.

IIwiki Page | NStracker Page | Factbook

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Fulflood
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fulflood » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:52 am

Ainin wrote:
Rumostan wrote:I would like to remind everyone that we use UTC and no Senator here can say that they are a special flower and use another time zone, we use it because it connects everyone irl and also because we are in UTC time because of our geographical position.

Actually, taking from our position, we are in Central European Time.

There's an act (Time Zone Act) in the queue, under Standards of Daily Measurement, proposing CET due to the fact everyone around us uses it.
Last edited by Fulflood on Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I go under the name Vyvland now (IIWiki page). This account is used for the odd foray into the Senate or NSG.
Straight male British apatheist pacifist environmentalist social liberal

Admin, New Democrat member for Lüborg (504) and ambassador to the Red-Greens in the Aurentine Senate. Minister of Business Safety of Aurentina. Apparently that deserves a ministry, but I'm not complaining. I'm probably none of these things anymore. | The Aurentine Phrasebook, my magnum opus.

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:54 am

Fulflood wrote:
Ainin wrote:Actually, taking from our position, we are in Central European Time.

There's an act (Time Zone Act) in the queue, under Standards of Daily Measurement, proposing CET due to the fact everyone around us uses it.

wtf is CET?

Fulflood
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fulflood » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:57 am

Battlion wrote:
Fulflood wrote:There's an act (Time Zone Act) in the queue, under Standards of Daily Measurement, proposing CET due to the fact everyone around us uses it.

wtf is CET?

It wouldn't be particularly hard to a) Google it or b) guess from Ainin's above post.

But it's Central European Time.
I go under the name Vyvland now (IIWiki page). This account is used for the odd foray into the Senate or NSG.

Admin, New Democrat member for Lüborg (504) and ambassador to the Red-Greens in the Aurentine Senate. Minister of Business Safety of Aurentina. Apparently that deserves a ministry, but I'm not complaining. I'm probably none of these things anymore. | The Aurentine Phrasebook, my magnum opus.

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:17 am

Fulflood wrote:
Battlion wrote:
wtf is CET?

It wouldn't be particularly hard to a) Google it or b) guess from Ainin's above post.

But it's Central European Time.

We really should just use UTC... Universal

Rumostan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:18 am

Fulflood wrote:
Ainin wrote:Actually, taking from our position, we are in Central European Time.

There is no need to use it, we have nothing to do with most of the countries around us and remember, the only reason most of them use CET is because of the EU which we are not in.
My political compass:
I am a Conservative (UK)

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:28 am

Rumostan wrote:
Fulflood wrote:There's an act (Time Zone Act) in the queue, under Standards of Daily Measurement, proposing CET due to the fact everyone around us uses it.

There is no need to use it, we have nothing to do with most of the countries around us and remember, the only reason most of them use CET is because of the EU which we are not in.

We should use CET cause that's what everyone around us uses. Seriously, eurosceptism isn't an excuse for using a random time zone no one around us uses.

And Alegria, Tunisia and Switzerland aren't EU last time I checked.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:30 am

Ainin wrote:
Rumostan wrote:

We should use CET cause that's what everyone around us uses. Seriously, eurosceptism isn't an excuse for using a random time zone no one around us uses.

Yes, but for the sake of ease wouldn't it be just simpler to use UTC?

And, no I'm not eurosceptic

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:34 am

Battlion wrote:
Ainin wrote:We should use CET cause that's what everyone around us uses. Seriously, eurosceptism isn't an excuse for using a random time zone no one around us uses.

If were making it easier, we would use CET. Everyone else around us uses it, and using UTC+0 would just be a mess.
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:36 am

Ainin wrote:
Battlion wrote:

If were making it easier, we would use CET. Everyone else around us uses it, and using UTC+0 would just be a mess.

Fair enough, I concede :)

Rumostan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:37 am

Ainin wrote:
Rumostan wrote:

I'm not a eurosceptic. Also, Switzerland has a better reason, they are surrounded by people who use it and only have links with countries that do. We trade with Russia and Britain as well as Libya and Italy does that mean that we should Russian time because they are one of our biggest trading partners? Time zones are to be used to boost our economy, not so we are like sheep.
My political compass:
I am a Conservative (UK)

Fulflood
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fulflood » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:47 am

Rumostan wrote:
Ainin wrote:We should use CET cause that's what everyone around us uses. Seriously, eurosceptism isn't an excuse for using a random time zone no one around us uses.

I'm not a eurosceptic. Also, Switzerland has a better reason, they are surrounded by people who use it

So are we.
Rumostan wrote:and only have links with countries that do.

Not substantially more than us.
Rumostan wrote:We trade with Russia and Britain as well as Libya and Italy does that mean that we should Russian time because they are one of our biggest trading partners?

No, because that's not why people have time zones.
Rumostan wrote:Time zones are to be used to boost our economy, not so we are like sheep.

No, they're used to keep morning in the morning and afternoon in the afternoon worldwide. Were they used only for economic purposes, Hong Kong, for example, would use a timezone which was upwards of 8 hours out.

The Realm of God
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of God » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:50 am

Fulflood wrote:
Rumostan wrote:
I'm not a eurosceptic. Also, Switzerland has a better reason, they are surrounded by people who use it

So are we.

Rumostan wrote:We trade with Russia and Britain as well as Libya and Italy does that mean that we should Russian time because they are one of our biggest trading partners?

Rumostan wrote:Time zones are to be used to boost our economy, not so we are like sheep.

No, they're used to keep morning in the morning and afternoon in the afternoon worldwide. Were they used only for economic purposes, Hong Kong, for example, would use a timezone which was upwards of 8 hours out.

Use the geographicly appropriate Time Zone anything else doesn't make any sense.
British, Orthodox Christian, humanist and stoic.

Pro. Disraelian Progressive Conservatism, One Nation Toryism, Distributionism, Civil Liberties, Pro UK, Pro US Constitution. Pro USA.

Progressive Conservative Economic Right: 0.38 Social Libertarian -2.00.

Christian Democrat NSG Senate.

Rumostan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:51 am

Fulflood wrote:
Rumostan wrote:

So are we.

Why did Spain stop using UTC? To keep its ties with Germany.

We are not surrounded like Switzerland.
My political compass:
I am a Conservative (UK)

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:58 am

The Realm of God wrote:Use the geographicly appropriate Time Zone anything else doesn't make any sense.

So, CET.

Fulflood
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fulflood » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:59 am

Rumostan wrote:
Fulflood wrote:So are we.

You know where we are, yes?

Rumostan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:14 am

Fulflood wrote:
Rumostan wrote:

You know where we are, yes?

Yes, which means we have less to do with mainland Europe and we can trade with overseas nations, we don't need CET.
My political compass:
I am a Conservative (UK)

Fulflood
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fulflood » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:30 am

Rumostan wrote:
Fulflood wrote:You know where we are, yes?

Yes, which means we have less to do with mainland Europe and we can trade with overseas nations, we don't need CET.

Time zones are not about trade, end of.

Britanno
Minister

Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:42 am

Post Deleted due to me being a bit stupid :palm:
Last edited by Britanno on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSGS Liberal Democrats - The Centrist Alternative
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
British Home Counties wrote:
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed
America is doing fine atm

Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Britcan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:43 am

Britanno wrote:I think we should just leave this with the admins.

The time zone we set our country to is up to the Senate.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Britanno
Minister

Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:45 am

Britcan wrote:
Britanno wrote:I think we should just leave this with the admins.

The time zone we set our country to is up to the Senate.

OOC: Well I clearly got the wrong end of the stick here because I thought we were debating what time we should use for things like when bills end, not what Aurentina actually uses. My bad.
NSGS Liberal Democrats - The Centrist Alternative
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
British Home Counties wrote:
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed
America is doing fine atm

Rumostan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rumostan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:57 am

Fulflood wrote:
Rumostan wrote:

Time zones are not about trade, end of.

So why did Spain and France change from UTC to CET when they are in the same timezone as the UK? Why does Iceland use UTC? The answer is easier trade.
My political compass:
I am a Conservative (UK)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives