NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Can anyone tell me how many seconds would be required to move GSCA to a vote? It's atrocious as it stands, but if it gets really close, I'll consider seconding it just so I can move on. I hope we can drop those two awful bills at the end there - kind of worried about the effect they'll have on the government.

Costa Alegria: Very well then, Senator. You are the one in that arrangement to whom I can honestly say I wish the best of luck, although I would like to understand whether you meant for the water transportation ministry to control the whole waterways in general or just transportation-related aspects.

Byzantium Imperial wrote:
Ainin wrote:Why on earth should that be spoilered?

Its lengthy and is mainly addressing one person. Keep in mind some of us cant just skip to the bottom and have to painfully slowly scroll

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to keep that in mind. I'm sorry I caused you extra trouble - this game should be fun.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:22 pm

Which one is the gsca agsin?
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Free South Califas wrote:Costa Alegria: Very well then, Senator. You are the one in that arrangement to whom I can honestly say I wish the best of luck, although I would like to understand whether you meant for the water transportation ministry to control the whole waterways in general or just transportation-related aspects.

Transportation related aspects, including things like safety regulations for vessels etc. The waters part will be further defined in future legislation (if I ever get around to it).
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:24 pm

omnibus: transportation ministry, census bureau, commerce ministry (so horribly written it will allow absurd abuses of tax money & free association), national judiciary (obsolete after JA passed)
FSC Government

Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:25 pm

In that case it takes 7 motions to get to vote
I already started it, so 6 more
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:
Free South Califas wrote:Costa Alegria: Very well then, Senator. You are the one in that arrangement to whom I can honestly say I wish the best of luck, although I would like to understand whether you meant for the water transportation ministry to control the whole waterways in general or just transportation-related aspects.

Transportation related aspects, including things like safety regulations for vessels etc. The waters part will be further defined in future legislation (if I ever get around to it).

OK, in that case your bill requires clarification in order to express your intent. One of the ministries controls all of the resources related to its kind of pathway, not just transportation-related affairs involving those resources. I've already fixed it in my RGSA in the coffee shop, so you can just copy/paste the TMPA (the only other changes I made were cosmetic, though you'd have to reinsert the Article 1C thing or whatever).
FSC Government

Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
Flag
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Free South Califas wrote:omnibus: transportation ministry, census bureau, commerce ministry (so horribly written it will allow absurd abuses of tax money & free association), national judiciary (obsolete after JA passed)

Why not add the Ministry of Research and Astronomy Improvement Act to such an omnibus?
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

New Bierstaat
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bierstaat » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:I move to end debate on the omnibus and move to voting already. We havent voted on anything in some time now (our constituents are laughing at us)

Seconded. I keep checking here waiting for a vote, but all I see is pointless, off-topic debates on the USA and nuclear energy. Let's focus on the task at hand.
POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic +2.75
Social +1.28

Thomas Jefferson wrote:I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Malgrave wrote:
Do our citizens use products like microsoft, google and facebook? If so it is safe to assume that our citizens have been affected in the same way as other European countries have. I am willing to open an investigation into the matter to deem if this is 100% accurate.

Well by all means, il authorize an inquiry

Seconded.

Byzantium Imperial wrote:In that case it takes 7 motions to get to vote
I already started it, so 6 more

Great Nepal started it before you did. So far in support of the motion to put GSCA up to vote I've got:

Byzantium Imperial
Costa Alegria
Great Nepal
New Zepuha

New Bierstaat

So it takes two more supporters to put the GSCA up to vote. I'm going to wait and see if it gets close while we finish reworking my proposals to amend the bills.

Senators, I know you all want to get going on this and I understand, but
if you would wait until we can fix these Acts, I think it would be worth the day or two. Our constituents will laugh at us if we pass the CMA and the obsolete judiciary act, I guarantee you, and whips will make sure partisans won't read it. If we vote, probably the only neutral (or least embarrassing) outcome would be to pass TPMA and NCBEA and amend them. I'm afraid that's not the most likely scenario AFAICT. We should wait until we have better bills: a TPMA that gives the right powers, an NCBEA that is less authoritarian, and preferably no CMA at all, definitely no NJA or whatever that judiciary one is called.
Last edited by Free South Califas on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FSC Government

Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
Flag
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Actually it has been 5thed

2 more seconds and admin approval needed.to vote

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:35 pm

5thed by whom?
Last edited by Free South Califas on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Free South Califas wrote:5thed by whom?

New bierstat (above your post)

NSG Senate Administrators
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NSG Senate Administrators » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:Actually it has been 5thed

After looking through FSC's argument, especially on the Judiciary Act, I believe it is prudent to look through those arguments more thoroughly before moving to voting. After that's been done, then we can vote on it. Admin approval will not be granted at this moment.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:48 pm

NSG Senate Administrators wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Actually it has been 5thed

After looking through FSC's argument, especially on the Judiciary Act, I believe it is prudent to look through those arguments more thoroughly before moving to voting. After that's been done, then we can vote on it. Admin approval will not be granted at this moment.

But weve been debating for days! And his arguments were also addressed in coffee shop. We need to get moving, and othet then the judiciary act i dont see any glaring problems

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Since when did we need admin approval and seven seconds to get a bill to vote? It has always just been five seconds.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Yanalia wrote:Since when did we need admin approval and seven seconds to get a bill to vote? It has always just been five seconds.

Really? I thought it was 7, but i believe you

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:01 pm

How to we go about announcing that we intend to hold votes of no confidence?
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!

Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:How to we go about announcing that we intend to hold votes of no confidence?

We do not have a procedure, espessialy when the president and pm stand to get votes of no confidence

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:How to we go about announcing that we intend to hold votes of no confidence?

We do not have a procedure, espessialy when the president and pm stand to get votes of no confidence

I intend to launch one against the President, as I have lost faith in his ability to lead.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Yanalia wrote:Since when did we need admin approval and seven seconds to get a bill to vote? It has always just been five seconds.

Really? I thought it was 7, but i believe you

I also think no admin approval is needed. Check the OP.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:04 pm

In that case, voting begins now!
Abstain on all for now

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Governmental

Subdivision

Creation

Act

VOTE COUNT
Voting ends XXXX UTC (24 hour time format guys)

Transportation Ministry
For:
Against:
Abstain:

National Census act
For:
Against:
Abstain:

Commerce ministry act
For:
Against:
Abstain:

National Judiciary act
For:
Against:
Abstain:

Im just putting this in because i am inserting/replacing for current vote
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby NSG Senate Administrators » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:06 pm

viewtopic.php?p=14756417#p14756417

It's actually 10, without admin approval. So I was wrong on the approval part, but I would stil highly recommend that you fix the problem with the Judiciary Act at the least. As there is no precedent for removing something from an omnibus by a vote, here's what it will be:

15 seconds, with admin approval, to move something out of an omnibus. The bill moved out of the omnibus will be placed immediately below the omnibus in the queue.

Obviously, admin approval is granted if such a motion were to be made.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Maybe draft an act in the style of:

The Aurentine Senate,

Astounded at yadda yadda yadda,

Disappointed in blah blah blah,

Losing confidence in fee fi fo fum,

Dismayed at the etc etc etc,

Hereby declares that the Prime Minister has lost the support and trust of the Aurentine Legislature and dissolves the First Senate of Aurentina.
Last edited by Ainin on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby NSG Senate Administrators » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:In that case, voting begins now!
Abstain on all for now

No it doesn't. See above.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives