NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Otrenia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Otrenia » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Oh for fucks sake, the president has been in office for two days. Cant you wait a week and let us vote on other measures ahead of time?

Actually, there are many senators, including myself, who believe that the president no longer has the confidence of the senate. We are therefore calling for impeachment immediately.

And there are members of ProgCoa, such as myself, who are opposed to this impeachment.
Last edited by Otrenia on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Oh for fucks sake, the president has been in office for two days. Cant you wait a week and let us vote on other measures ahead of time?

Actually, there are many senators, including myself, who believe that the president no longer has the confidence of the senate. We are therefore calling for impeachment immediately.

I think you missed my main point.....

ITS BEEN 2 FUCKING DAYS around 2 days anyway, could be more. How could you possibly believe hes lost the confidence of the senate yet when he hasnt had time to do anything?
Also, why do you want to have it immedietly? Cant you let some other bills come up for a vote and such first? You know, let the bills that have been languising since early june to be voted on?
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:
Belmaria wrote:Actually, there are many senators, including myself, who believe that the president no longer has the confidence of the senate. We are therefore calling for impeachment immediately.

I think you missed my main point.....

ITS BEEN 2 FUCKING DAYS around 2 days anyway, could be more. How could you possibly believe hes lost the confidence of the senate yet when he hasnt had time to do anything?
Also, why do you want to have it immedietly? Cant you let some other bills come up for a vote and such first? You know, let the bills that have been languising since early june to be voted on?

I know he has lost the confidence of the senate because he only had the exact amount of votes (50% +1) to win the election. He had my support until he shafted Bleckonia, and now he doesn't anymore so I know he has lost the confidence. All it took was one senator.
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:I think you missed my main point.....

I know he has lost the confidence of the senate because he only had the exact amount of votes (50% +1) to win the election.

Il stop you right there. He won by 10 votes, 4 votes over 50%. Thats not "the exact amount of votes".
Secondly, If im following the logic of your statement, You are saying "Britanno does not have the confidence of the senate because he won". You get whats wrong with this statement right?

Thirdly, the point you are refusing to address: Why does the impeachment have to happen now? He was elected 2 days ago, has done absolutly nothing but approve omnibus motions, and there are other bills in queue id much rather deal with then this Coalition vs Alliance crap. This is a senate RP, not a presidential election rp.

Finally, the election dragged on, was painful, and fradulent. If we impeach him, we have to do it again. We have yet to get the bills solidifying our election laws up to a vote yet, so we have to go in with exactly the same loopholes as before. And more then that, if it goes to two rounds, we would of wasted a Week in presidential and pm voting.
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Belmaria wrote:I know he has lost the confidence of the senate because he only had the exact amount of votes (50% +1) to win the election.

Il stop you right there. He won by 10 votes. Thats not "the exact amount of votes".
Secondly, If im following the logic of your statement, You are saying "Britanno does not have the confidence of the senate because he won". You get whats wrong with this statement right?

Thirdly, the point you are refusing to address: Why does the impeachment have to happen now? He was elected 2 days ago, has done absolutly nothing but approve omnibus motions, and there are other bills in queue id much rather deal with then this Coalition vs Alliance crap. This is a senate RP, not a presidential election rp. And if it was, the election is OVER

Actually, if you count the overall vote total and then take 50% (like you're supposed to) you will find that he only got 50% +1 votes. And any president who is not in the majority is not legally a president, and has no real power. That's why it has to happen now.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Il stop you right there. He won by 10 votes. Thats not "the exact amount of votes".

Thirdly, the point you are refusing to address: Why does the impeachment have to happen now? He was elected 2 days ago, has done absolutly nothing but approve omnibus motions, and there are other bills in queue id much rather deal with then this Coalition vs Alliance crap. This is a senate RP, not a presidential election rp. And if it was, the election is OVER

Actually, if you count the overall vote total and then take 50% (like you're supposed to) you will find that he only got 50% +1 votes. And any president who is not in the majority is not legally a president, and has no real power. That's why it has to happen now.

Correction. He had 4 votes over 50%, so your still wrong. He was elected, he could have no supporters and still legally be a president. he is a president untill he is impeached or otherwise leaves office.

And how can you possibly prove he doenst have a majority short of another election? Also, would you care to repsond to my points rather then nitpicking individual things?

(last second edit from last post you missed which is very important)
Finally, the election dragged on, was painful, and fradulent. If we impeach him, we have to do it again. We have yet to get the bills solidifying our election laws up to a vote yet, so we have to go in with exactly the same loopholes as before. And more then that, if it goes to two rounds, we would of wasted a Week in presidential and pm voting.
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Belmaria wrote:Actually, if you count the overall vote total and then take 50% (like you're supposed to) you will find that he only got 50% +1 votes. And any president who is not in the majority is not legally a president, and has no real power. That's why it has to happen now.

Correction. He had 4 votes over 50%, so your still wrong. He was elected, he could have no supporters and still legally be a president. he is a president untill he is impeached or otherwise leaves office.

And how can you possibly prove he doenst have a majority short of another election? Also, would you care to repsond to my points rather then nitpicking individual things?

That's fine. I know of at least 3 other senators who stand side-to-side with me. They voted for Britanno but do not support him now. I still feel that this motion is justified.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Correction. He had 4 votes over 50%, so your still wrong. He was elected, he could have no supporters and still legally be a president. he is a president untill he is impeached or otherwise leaves office.

That's fine. I know of at least 3 other senators who stand side-to-side with me. They voted for Britanno but do not support him now. I still feel that this motion is justified.

So let me be clear, you want to impeach a sitting president that has been in office for two days, plunging the country into even more chaos and embarrasing us on the international stage, and then before we can pass laws to fix our election system, we would have to begin another presidential election, and another few pm votes? Yes or no question

Question two, if the answer to the first one is yes
Are you out of your fucking mind?
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Belmaria wrote:That's fine. I know of at least 3 other senators who stand side-to-side with me. They voted for Britanno but do not support him now. I still feel that this motion is justified.

So let me be clear, you want to impeach a sitting president that has been in office for two days, plunging the country into even more chaos and embarrasing us on the international stage, and then before we can pass laws to fix our election system, we would have to begin another presidential election, and another few pm votes? Yes or no question

Question two, if the answer is yes

1. Yes
2. No. I merely believe that on principle, no one should be president if they no longer have the authority to do so.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:Are you out of your fucking mind?

"Remarks directed specifically at another Member which question that Member’s integrity, honesty or character are not in order."
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:So let me be clear, you want to impeach a sitting president that has been in office for two days, plunging the country into even more chaos and embarrasing us on the international stage, and then before we can pass laws to fix our election system, we would have to begin another presidential election, and another few pm votes? Yes or no question

1. Yes
2. No. I merely believe that on principle, no one should be president if they no longer have the authority to do so.

Wait a week. Please, I am begging you. That presidential election was the most painful thing this senate has had to go through, and without fixing the system first (which requires you to leave the president in office so he can move it up the queue) a repeat of that clusterfuck is inevitable.

Also, you should reconsider how much support your going to get if you launch the vote now. I guarantee you the faction of the senate which is thinking, "Oh god no, please not another election" is far larger then the "impeach britanno now" faction. Espessialy given that its a 2/3 required vote

Ainin wrote:

"Remarks directed specifically at another Member which question that Member’s integrity, honesty or character are not in order."

It was an actual question and he answered no.
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Ainin wrote:

Calm down Ainin

Kalmath
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalmath » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:So let me be clear, you want to impeach a sitting president that has been in office for two days, plunging the country into even more chaos and embarrasing us on the international stage, and then before we can pass laws to fix our election system, we would have to begin another presidential election, and another few pm votes? Yes or no question

1. Yes

As stated in the REA, First Ammendment to REA and the Judicial Act you are going to need proof of misconduct and 2/3rds majority to impeach Britanno. So Belmaria, do you have either?
NSG Senate: Senator Wilhelm Gunther Hoth of District 177 (Verden).

CTALNH wrote:Sorry for being me can we still be comrades?

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Belmaria wrote:1. Yes

Wait a week. Please, I am begging you. That presidential election was the most painful thing this senate has had to go through, and without fixing the system first (which requires you to leave the president in office so he can move it up the queue) a repeat of that clusterfuck is inevitable.

Also, you should reconsider how much support your going to get if you launch the vote now. I guarantee you the faction of the senate which is thinking, "Oh god no, please not another election" is far larger then the "impeach britanno now" faction.

Ainin wrote:"Remarks directed specifically at another Member which question that Member’s integrity, honesty or character are not in order."

It was an actual question and he answered no.

Perhaps, but you should probably watch your language

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Kalmath wrote:
Belmaria wrote:1. Yes

As stated in the REA, First Ammendment to REA and the Judicial Act you are going to need proof of misconduct and 2/3rds majority to impeach Britanno. So Belmaria, do you have either?

It is probable. I know many libertarians that are even within the AfA who no longer support Britanno for what he did. We may very well team up with the left to boot him out for his actions, and a president can also be impeached if said president does not have the confidence of the senate, which I am calling.

The Republic of Llamas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Llamas » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Belmaria wrote:There is a motion to impeach the president, which I believe has enough seconds to be voted upon next.

Oh for fucks sake, the president has been in office for two days. Cant you wait a week and let us vote on other measures ahead of time?

OH
MY
DOG
WHAT IDIOT WANTS TO IMPEACH HIM THIS EARLY? I mean, I get if you would rather have a liberal president (After all, I'm center-left), but just suck it up. You lost the election, and impeachments should only be brought upon presidents who have misused there power or when some time has passed. In fact, I move that we do not vote or discuss the impeachment of Britanno until at least 5 other laws have been discussed and voted upon. That way we can get something done.

In addition, I vote FOR that guy to be PM.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Kalmath wrote:

It is probable. I know many libertarians that are even within the AfA who no longer support Britanno for what he did. We may very well team up with the left to boot him out for his actions, and a president can also be impeached if said president does not have the confidence of the senate, which I am calling.

Your making a dangerous assumption, thinking that the left will unite to plunge us back into presidential election mode. AfA members may vote for the impeachment measure, but Im certain that ProgCol members will vote against it

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Belmaria wrote:It is probable. I know many libertarians that are even within the AfA who no longer support Britanno for what he did. We may very well team up with the left to boot him out for his actions, and a president can also be impeached if said president does not have the confidence of the senate, which I am calling.

Your making a dangerous assumption, thinking that the left will unite to plunge us back into presidential election mode. AfA members may vote for the impeachment measure, but Im certain that ProgCol members will vote against it

Some maybe, but for the vast majority, let's agree to disagree.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Prime Minister Confirmation Vote | Candidate: Realm of God [PC] | Proposed by: Britanno [P-CP]
For: 59
Against: 40
Abstain: 1

Began: Fri Jul 19, 2013 16:17 am UTC
Ends: Sun Jul 21, 2013 16:17 am UTC
Last edited by Belmaria on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:26 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Your making a dangerous assumption, thinking that the left will unite to plunge us back into presidential election mode. AfA members may vote for the impeachment measure, but Im certain that ProgCol members will vote against it

Some maybe, but for the vast majority, let's agree to disagree.

Some is really all Britanno needs. SOME AfA members may vote to impeach. But even if all progcol votes for the impeachment alongside those some, 2/3 will be a difficult goal for you to achieve. When some progcol members vote against impeachment, you will be fighting for a majority vote, not the supermajority you require

Quebec and Atlantic Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and Atlantic Canada » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:27 pm

In light of various remarks by my colleagues, I hereby announce that I will no longer third Senator Califas' motion of impeachment against President Britanno.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Belmaria wrote:Some maybe, but for the vast majority, let's agree to disagree.

Some is really all Britanno needs. SOME AfA members may vote to impeach. But even if all progcol votes for the impeachment alongside those some, 2/3 will be a difficult goal for you to achieve. When some progcol members vote against impeachment, you will be fighting for a majority vote, not the supermajority you require

Perhaps, but at this point I don't even care. This is on principle.

The Republic of Llamas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Llamas » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Belmaria wrote:Some maybe, but for the vast majority, let's agree to disagree.

Yurp. So you guys are screwed if you attempt to impeach, and if you did somehow manage to get 2/3, then the nation and senate would be screwed in something that would probably end in a civil war with online senators ACTUALLY coming to your house with guns and fighting you.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:29 pm

The Republic of Llamas wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Some is really all Britanno needs. SOME AfA members may vote to impeach. But even if all progcol votes for the impeachment alongside those some, 2/3 will be a difficult goal for you to achieve. When some progcol members vote against impeachment, you will be fighting for a majority vote, not the supermajority you require

Yurp. So you guys are screwed if you attempt to impeach, and if you did somehow manage to get 2/3, then the nation and senate would be screwed in something that would probably end in a civil war with online senators ACTUALLY coming to your house with guns and fighting you.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Some is really all Britanno needs. SOME AfA members may vote to impeach. But even if all progcol votes for the impeachment alongside those some, 2/3 will be a difficult goal for you to achieve. When some progcol members vote against impeachment, you will be fighting for a majority vote, not the supermajority you require

Perhaps, but at this point I don't even care. This is on principle.

Look at the post above the one im quoting.
Additionally, you will deliberatly stall the senate on a vote you acknoledge has little chance of going through, and if it does end up succeding will plunge the rp into chao?
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives