NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon May 27, 2013 12:58 pm

We need to omnibus some of these.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 1:01 pm

LLA V1

LLA V2

These are the two versions i found, no idea of there is a difference. Which goes in queue?
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Mon May 27, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Yanalia wrote:We need to omnibus some of these.

I agree (we are turning out 2 laws a day, when we can only vote on 1 every 2 days)
I have some ideas on possible omnibuses:

The most important one would be the LLA, second constitution, senatorial supremacy, and the responsible government act. I put them together as they are all directly effecting how the senate operates.

Universal healthcare and Public education, while vastly different, do fall under similar legislative categories, so they could be omnibussed

Obviously the two energy bills can be omnibussed

Copyright act, agriculture act (?), financial act, and the small buisness act could be omnibusses as they all deal with the economy.

These are just my ideas to cut down on the backlog a bit after the current vote is over.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon May 27, 2013 1:27 pm

The National Extraterrestrial Act and Research and Astronomy Improvement Act should be omnibused as the Ministry of Research and Astronomy Reform Act.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Venaleria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Mon May 27, 2013 1:29 pm

Ainin wrote:

The National Extraterrestrial Act and Research and Astronomy Improvement Act should be omnibused as the Ministry of Research and Astronomy Reform Act.

Agreed. We just don't need a list this long.

I move to combine The National Extraterrestrial Act and Research and Astronomy Improvement Act into an omnibus, The Ministry of Research and Astronomy Reform Act.
Vice President of Aurentina, representing Lüsen, District 375
Election Commissioner for the Red-Greens Party
NSG Senate Administrator
Ambassador to the Totally Rad Party
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.
"Is it behind the bunny?" "It IS the bunny!" -MP

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon May 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Venaleria wrote:
Ainin wrote:The National Extraterrestrial Act and Research and Astronomy Improvement Act should be omnibused as the Ministry of Research and Astronomy Reform Act.

I move to combine The National Extraterrestrial Act and Research and Astronomy Improvement Act into an omnibus, The Ministry of Research and Astronomy Reform Act.

Seconded.
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Venaleria wrote:
Ainin wrote:The National Extraterrestrial Act and Research and Astronomy Improvement Act should be omnibused as the Ministry of Research and Astronomy Reform Act.

Second

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon May 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Venaleria wrote:

The National Extraterrestrial Act and Research and Astronomy Improvement Act have nothing in common except they both have mention of astronauts in the passing.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon May 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:
Venaleria wrote:

Second

Fourthed.

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon May 27, 2013 1:32 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
Venaleria wrote:

The National Extraterrestrial Act and Research and Astronomy Improvement Act have nothing in common except they both have mention of astronauts in the passing.

They both relate to the MoRA, which is plenty common ground for an omnibus.

The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Mon May 27, 2013 1:32 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
Venaleria wrote:

Seconded.
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon May 27, 2013 1:32 pm

Ainin wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:The National Extraterrestrial Act and Research and Astronomy Improvement Act have nothing in common except they both have mention of astronauts in the passing.

They both relate to the MoRA, which is plenty common ground for an omnibus.

All of the bills in queue relate to the world. Should we omnibus all of them into one super-bill?

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Yanalia wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Second

Fourthed.

You mean third?

I also move to Omnibus the Energy for the future act and the Electricity production act into the Energy and Power act
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Mon May 27, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon May 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Yanalia wrote:
Fourthed.

You mean third?

I also move to Omnibus the Energy for the future act and the Electricity production act into the Energy and Power act

He said fourth because you were third, not second.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon May 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Yanalia wrote:
Fourthed.

You mean third?

Seconded.

And the MoRA bus has been fifthed by this point. We still need seventh and admin though.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Mon May 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Ainin wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:You mean third?

He said fourth because you were third, not second.

Sorry missed your post

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Mon May 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Yanalia wrote:
Fourthed.

You mean third?

Thirded
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon May 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Venaleria wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:You mean third?

Thirded

Now those are the bills we should omnibiusing. Fourth.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon May 27, 2013 1:40 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
Venaleria wrote:
Thirded

Now those are the bills we should omnibiusing. Fourth.

Weren't you the one who wanted us to vote on every bill at once? Essentially 1 bus for everything?

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Mon May 27, 2013 1:41 pm

Fifthed on the Energy Omnibus, and admin approval granted there.

Sixthed on the MoRA Omnibus, and admin approval there.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon May 27, 2013 1:41 pm

Yanalia wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:Now those are the bills we should omnibiusing. Fourth.

Weren't you the one who wanted us to vote on every bill at once? Essentially 1 bus for everything?

As a joke to see how much of the mess it would cause trail run, yes.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon May 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Othelos wrote:As this bill has the appropriate number of co-sponsors and every necessary edit has been made, I move to add it to the queue.

Second Constitution of the Senate

Drafted by Othelos (PC)

Co-Sponsors: Byzantium Imperial (NIFP), Venaleria (RG), Yanalia (RG), The Realm of God (PC), Mishmahig (TR), Maklohi Vai (LD)

Noting that the current constitution includes confusing and awkward wording,

Understanding that the current constitution is inefficient and disorganized,

Hereby repeals the current constitution of the Senate and replaces it with this one.

Powers of the Senate and its Members

1. Each Senator shall have the ability to draft legislation such as this.
2. Each Senator shall have the ability to vote on drafted legislation in the chamber.
3. The Senate shall have the ability to repeal passed legislation, with a majority vote in favor.
4. The Senate shall have the ability to regulate the total quantity of seats available in the senate, with a majority vote in favor.
5. Each Senator shall have the ability to create a political party.
6. The Senate shall have the ability to elect a President of the Senate, with a plurality or majority in favor, depending on the current requirements.
7. Parties in the minority shall have the ability to jointly create an opposition. The opposition shall have the ability to select an opposition leader and second officer.
8. The Senate shall have the ability to eject unruly members of the Senate with a 90% majority vote in favor, or through unanimous administrative action.
9. The Senate shall have the ability to amend this constitution, with a two thirds majority vote in favor.

Legislation and Other Requirements

1. A queue of legislation to be voted upon shall be established, which shall include all legislation drafted and approved by five Senators in chronological order.
2. A majority shall be defined as 50%+1 votes, unless mentioned otherwise in a specific section, and legislation may only pass with a majority in favor.
3. Only one bill may be voted on at a time in the chamber. This may be overridden if seven Senators move for similar bills to be placed up for vote at the same time and an administrator approves. Bills up for vote at the same time may be individually voted upon. Combined bills shall be called an omnibus bill.
4. The layout of legislation should mimic this one.
5. 48 hours must elapse before a bill is passed or rejected. This excludes cases when, after 24 hours, 90% of votes or more are in favor or opposed to a bill. In order for the voting period to end early, five Senators must move to end the voting period early, with administrator approval.

Do we need to motion for that? If so, I'l second.

Anyone want to third??

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Mon May 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Othelos wrote:
Belmaria wrote:Do we need to motion for that? If so, I'l second.

Anyone want to third??

I thought if it had sufficient sponsor it was added automatically?

I third if this is not the case.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon May 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Yanalia wrote:
Othelos wrote:Anyone want to third??

I've been pretty busy lately, so I must've missed that change. I'll ask Tre to add it to the queue.
Last edited by Othelos on Mon May 27, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Mon May 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Othelos wrote:
Yanalia wrote:

I've been pretty busy lately, so I must've missed that change. I'll ask Tre to add it to the queue.

The rules currently are that if a bill has enough support it's good to add to the queue (I think). And, already done.
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives