NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Coffee Shop [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
The Nihilistic view wrote:Your not very humanitarian are you. Your attitude seems to be as long as you and your friends are ok screw anybody else.

On the contrary, I would wholeheartedly support civilian assistance where we mediate disputes and provide humanitarian aids. There is new research that suggests going in with a drone, bombers and guns isn't best way to help local populace.

The Nihilistic view wrote:You may not like to hear it but most of the British army in Afghan believe in what they are doing there and signed up for the last ten years knowing they had to go there. The rest of the population do not have a say in the matter, They decided to go. If they deem it a worthwhile course of action who cares what the lazy scroungers who are to pussy to put their balls on the line back home think?

I am pretty sure your constituents will love to know what you think of them.

No your right, its much better to give the aid to the local militias and corrupt officials.

As i just said, they are patriotic, support the boys/girls in uniform and many aspire to be soldiers.
Slava Ukraini

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Wed May 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
The Nihilistic view wrote:
NO, where i come from the people are very patriotic and support the boys/girls in uniform.

So, everyone in your constituency is in army then?

Senator, I request that you cease your badgering. He made a bad remark and it would be more appropriate for him to apologise, don't you think?
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed May 29, 2013 6:16 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
NO, where i come from the people are very patriotic and support the boys/girls in uniform.

So, everyone in your constituency is in army then?

They all show support and if it was needed (say WW1 or 2 senario) they would volunteer and nobody would be conscientious objectors.

They would apply if there was an army.
Slava Ukraini

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Wed May 29, 2013 6:16 pm

The Nihilistic view wrote:No your right, its much better to give the aid to the local militias and corrupt officials.

Or, we could mediate the dispute and provide support to locals by sending in civilian assistance team, who opens up schools or provides food to locals.

Wolfmanne wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:So, everyone in your constituency is in army then?

Senator, I request that you cease your badgering. He made a bad remark and it would be more appropriate for him to apologise, don't you think?

If he withdraws statement claiming voters to be "lazy scroungers who are to pussy incapable of organising piss up in brewery", then sure.

They all show support and if it was needed (say WW1 or 2 senario) they would volunteer and nobody would be conscientious objectors.

Again, your previous statement implied people were either in army or lazy scroungers pussies, so again either:-
Everyone of your constituents are in army or they are lazy scroungers pussies. This isn't strictly relevant in senate but I would be interested in sending this report to your constituency.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Wed May 29, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed May 29, 2013 6:18 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:

Yes, i don't literally mean all people not in the army are pussy's. It was an overzealous emphasis of my position. sorry.
Last edited by The Nihilistic view on Wed May 29, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Wed May 29, 2013 6:20 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:Senator, I request that you cease your badgering. He made a bad remark and it would be more appropriate for him to apologise, don't you think?

Yes, i don't literally mean all people not in the army are pussy's. It was an overzealous emphasis of my position. sorry.

Now, we can move forward.
Why should we be able to put lives of our men and women along with taxpayer's money in line for a war without democratic mandate?

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed May 29, 2013 6:22 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
The Nihilistic view wrote:No your right, its much better to give the aid to the local militias and corrupt officials.

Or, we could mediate the dispute and provide support to locals by sending in civilian assistance team, who opens up schools or provides food to locals.

Wolfmanne wrote:Senator, I request that you cease your badgering. He made a bad remark and it would be more appropriate for him to apologise, don't you think?

If he withdraws statement claiming voters to be "lazy scroungers who are to pussy incapable of organising piss up in brewery", then sure.

Again, your previous statement implied people were either in army or lazy scroungers pussies, so again either:-
Everyone of your constituents are in army or they are lazy scroungers pussies. This isn't strictly relevant in senate but I would be interested in sending this report to your constituency.

We don't have an army!

They would be interested to sign up when we do.
Slava Ukraini

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed May 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Great Nepal wrote:

Now, we can move forward.
Why should we be able to put lives of our men and women along with taxpayer's money in line for a war without democratic mandate?

Moral reasons, to help our fellow men.

Tactical reasons, see my earlier post on referendums. we don't want to advertise we are coming to the people we might be thinking about invading.
Slava Ukraini

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Wed May 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Great Nepal wrote:Now, we can move forward.

We do that better when we send humanitarian aid with civilian team to mediate conflicts not when we send in drones, bombers and guns.

The Nihilistic view wrote:Tactical reasons, see my earlier post on referendums. we don't want to advertise we are coming to the people we might be thinking about invading.

In this day and age, we wont be invading any nation in non-defensive war. At most, we will be fighting terrorists like Taliban.

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Wed May 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Great Nepal wrote:Now, we can move forward.

Tactical reasons, see my earlier post on referendums. we don't want to advertise we are coming to the people we might be thinking about invading.

We can always have an override in special cases where this was absolutely necessary.
I started NS on Nov 6, 2011. I accidentally let my original nation die.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Wed May 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Gothmogs wrote:

We can always have an override in special cases where this was absolutely necessary.

Yes, we could have this however I am still at loss as to any justifiable situation where we will be invading a nation before we give it ample warning to cease and deceit its actions.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed May 29, 2013 6:29 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
The Nihilistic view wrote:Moral reasons, to help our fellow men.

We do that better when we send humanitarian aid with civilian team to mediate conflicts not when we send in drones, bombers and guns.

The Nihilistic view wrote:Tactical reasons, see my earlier post on referendums. we don't want to advertise we are coming to the people we might be thinking about invading.

In this day and age, we wont be invading any nation in non-defensive war. At most, we will be fighting terrorists like Taliban.

So who protects these civilian teams?

*hint* In the real world soldiers from the UN or others concerned go and protect those bringing the aid, or those trying to have democratic election and sort a country out.
Last edited by The Nihilistic view on Wed May 29, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Wed May 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Great Nepal wrote:We do that better when we send humanitarian aid with civilian team to mediate conflicts not when we send in drones, bombers and guns.

So who protects these civilian teams?

*hint* In the real world soldiers from the UN or others concerned go and protect those bringing the aid.

They will have small team of security team whose job wont be to use force or wage war, but to protect the civilian team.

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Wed May 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
Gothmogs wrote:We can always have an override in special cases where this was absolutely necessary.

Yes, we could have this however I am still at loss as to any justifiable situation where we will be invading a nation before we give it ample warning to cease and deceit its actions.

Possibly if civilian lives were in immediate danger?
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Wed May 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Gothmogs wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:Yes, we could have this however I am still at loss as to any justifiable situation where we will be invading a nation before we give it ample warning to cease and deceit its actions.

If its hostage situation, that would be special forces job. Otherwise, only way that will happen is if leader goes mad suddenly, otherwise we would have ample warning before it gets to that situation.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed May 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Gothmogs wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:Yes, we could have this however I am still at loss as to any justifiable situation where we will be invading a nation before we give it ample warning to cease and deceit its actions.

Exactly, revolution happens in another nation and we have to go in to protect and find our own citizens, this has happened may times before. Also if the country concerned is an ally we will be going to prop up their government from violent extremist revolutionaries who don't believe in rights and democracy.

You can't wait a year whilst you hold a referendum, they will all be dead or displaced.
Slava Ukraini

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Wed May 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
Gothmogs wrote:We can always have an override in special cases where this was absolutely necessary.

Poland, duh
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Wed May 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Gothmogs wrote:Possibly if civilian lives were in immediate danger?

Exactly, revolution happens in another nation and we have to go in to protect and find our own citizens, this has happened may times before. Also if the country concerned is an ally we will be going to prop up their government from violent extremist revolutionaries who don't believe in rights and democracy.

You can't wait a year whilst you hold a referendum, they will all be dead or displaced.

Both situation you described would be under defensive extemption.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed May 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:

Poland, duh

I suppose our people are of German origin. ;)
Slava Ukraini

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Wed May 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:Poland, duh

I suppose our people are of German origin. ;)

Actually we could be of any european decent and the joke still works XD
(Poor poland)
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:Not really related to anything, but I've taken the liberty of going through the non-existent budget and I've purchased the following:

- 1 Airbus A380-800 for the President, operated by the Air Force
- 2 Airbus A340-300 for myself the Vice President and 1 for the Prime Minister (can replace it with the Ilyushin Il-96 for our Prime Minister if he so desires it), operated by the Air Force
- 6 Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin (2 for each of us, 3 operated by the Army, 3 by the Navy)

All for a total cost of $925.9 million. Wasteful spending for the win :).

This government is wasting our money. This should not be on!!!
Slava Ukraini

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Wed May 29, 2013 6:50 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:Not really related to anything, but I've taken the liberty of going through the non-existent budget and I've purchased the following:

- 1 Airbus A380-800 for the President, operated by the Air Force
- 2 Airbus A340-300 for myself the Vice President and 1 for the Prime Minister (can replace it with the Ilyushin Il-96 for our Prime Minister if he so desires it), operated by the Air Force
- 6 Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin (2 for each of us, 3 operated by the Army, 3 by the Navy)

All for a total cost of $925.9 million. Wasteful spending for the win :).

There was a minor dispute of this in the newspaper. Id like to reiterate my stance while high level government officials are entitled to transportation, that means a small inexpensive plane or a small helicopter, NOT an expensive luxury jet/apache gun ship for every single dam cabinet member.
The transportation should be using his own system, not flying above it.

I demand this order be put on hold (if it was carried out) pending senate review.
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Wed May 29, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Wed May 29, 2013 6:52 pm

There was a minor dispute of this in the newspaper. Id like to reiterate my stance while high level government officials are entitled to transportation, that means a small inexpensive plane or a helicopter, NOT an expensive luxury jet for every single dam cabinet member.

I demand this order be put on hold (if it was carried out) pending senate review.

I second this motion, but I don't think it was carried out.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Also, bonobos.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Wed May 29, 2013 6:54 pm

There was a minor dispute of this in the newspaper. Id like to reiterate my stance while high level government officials are entitled to transportation, that means a small inexpensive plane or a small helicopter, NOT an expensive luxury jet/apache gun ship for every single dam cabinet member.

OOC: just looked at the paper :lol2:

I totally agree with your stance on this issue.
Last edited by The Nihilistic view on Wed May 29, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slava Ukraini

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Wed May 29, 2013 7:27 pm

All I see are President, Vice-President and Prime Minister. What "every damn cabinet member"?
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives