NATION

PASSWORD

Passport Question

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

ThirdPrizeYoureFired
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby ThirdPrizeYoureFired » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:29 am

Barringtonia wrote:
Grandais wrote:Stamps are awesome, I've got a fair few in mine.

Stamps are a pain the more you travel, less a pain than visas, specifically visas such as China, India and Indonesia who feel they need to take up an entire page of your passport.

I go through a passport every 2 or 3 years and they're only getting more expensive.

I'd bio-chip my head if it resolved this issue.

Your country doesn't just add pages to your passport when it fills up?
Conscentia wrote:Those were no hobbits. They were goblins in disguise. You just sold NZ to Mordor.

Grandais
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandais » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:56 am

Barringtonia wrote:
Grandais wrote:Stamps are awesome, I've got a fair few in mine.

Stamps are a pain the more you travel, less a pain than visas, specifically visas such as China, India and Indonesia who feel they need to take up an entire page of your passport.

Yep, I have my Indonesian visas, but I think they're cool.
DEFCON 5 [4] 3 2 1
Grandais News|Factbook|Embassies

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:02 am

It's an RFID chip containing your personal information so when it is scanned they can see your info.
Pro: True Liberty, Voluntary association, Free Trade, Family and Tradition as the Bedrock of Society
Anti: Centralisation (of any sort), Feminism, Internationalism, Multiculturalism, Collectivism of any sort (be it Left-wing or Right-wing)

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:36 am

ThirdPrizeYoureFired wrote:
Barringtonia wrote:

I go through a passport every 2 or 3 years and they're only getting more expensive.

I'd bio-chip my head if it resolved this issue.

Your country doesn't just add pages to your passport when it fills up?

You can buy a 32-page or a jumbo 48-page and, AFAIK, you cannot add pages to the 48-page passport. A friend of mine steams off visas when they're expired and says this is perfectly allowed but I'm personally wary of tampering with my passport in that way.
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

ThirdPrizeYoureFired
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby ThirdPrizeYoureFired » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:48 am

Barringtonia wrote:
ThirdPrizeYoureFired wrote:Your country doesn't just add pages to your passport when it fills up?

You can buy a 32-page or a jumbo 48-page and, AFAIK, you cannot add pages to the 48-page passport. A friend of mine steams off visas when they're expired and says this is perfectly allowed but I'm personally wary of tampering with my passport in that way.

I'd be wary of that too. I think the computer systems (at least in the Schengen zone) keep a log of your entries and exits and so forth. It would be rather difficult to explain why you don't have the stamps/stickers you need.

It's stupid they don't let you add pages.
Conscentia wrote:Those were no hobbits. They were goblins in disguise. You just sold NZ to Mordor.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:50 am

I'm confused. Why wouldn't the chipped passports get stamped? If the chip is just a pile of extra information then that doesn't indicate anywhere in your passport that you entered the country legally. I thought that this was sort of the point of having a passport stamped?

Although I guess I've never had my passport stamped if I cross into the US by land or sea (which is sad because would greatly multiply the number of stamps in my passport). But I carry a Canadian passport so maybe they don't care.
Last edited by Dakini on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:55 am

ThirdPrizeYoureFired wrote:
Barringtonia wrote:

I'd be wary of that too. I think the computer systems (at least in the Schengen zone) keep a log of your entries and exits and so forth. It would be rather difficult to explain why you don't have the stamps/stickers you need.

It's stupid they don't let you add pages.

*looks up from desk in a nondescript office in a nondescript building in a nondescript city* Extra pages in your passport? *lowers reading glasses to look over them* One does wonder just why someone would be traveling so much that they need extra pages in their passport. *makes a note in a computer file*
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Mid Lothian
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mid Lothian » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Exemplis wrote:
Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:Who the hell is codename V?

;)

Watch more movies (Or read more graphic novels). Then you would know.

I suggest V For Vendetta.
Please note that Mid Lothian is based on fantasy. Any references to anything/one/where that exists is completely coincidential.
Frequently used abbreviations: HoS = Head of State; HoG = Head of Government; ML = Mid Lothian; KSS - Kate Stephens-Smith.
Fancy an embassy in ML? Click me for details. (PS - I'll return the favour.)
I am usually rewriting stuff about Mid Lothian - just because it's true today isn't necessarily true tomorrow.

Warning - Full-time Grammar Nazi at work. You have been warned. (I guess that's due to my mum being an English teacher. Also, don't use masculine words to describe me - my name is Rebecca, which is clearly a feminine name.)

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:47 pm

If it's an Australian passport, it might represent the Aboriginal flag.

EDIT: Damn. I was wrong. But I'm honoured to have had the same initial idea as Arch.
Last edited by Angleter on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:
Innsmothe wrote:Why do you want to know, are you up to some forgery or terrorism?

No I just want to know what it means so I know weather or not to put it on Kalaspia-Shimarata's.

it's already linked to your NS account... after all, you put it in the op!
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General