NATION

PASSWORD

You're a Jew!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Has the word Jew turned into an Insult?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes : 221

North Germania
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby North Germania » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
Nova Caeli wrote:I am sorry but this argument is so ridiculous, I mean someone said by using jew as an insult you are carrying on the work of the nazis.... what are you crazy? When you call someone a jew or tell someone they have jew hair it isnt rascist or an insult just a joke which everyone understands including the jew haired person. I mean seriously people should just calm down its not rascist its just a joke which has come around from things like South Park and stuff like that. People should stop saying conspiracies theories and no amazingly Christians dont teach to hate Jews andif you want proof you can go on youtube and watch every single mass which has ever happened since the beggining of time! .. I think.
Its like my friends lebonnese and has hair which looks like pubes/ jew hair so we call him jewish he gets annoyed, but that doesnt mean I hate jews or think they all have pube hair its just the thing which winds up the annoying jew... oh wait sorry that was rascist :blink:

:eyebrow:

Erm... I don't think attributing its use to South Park or other mainstream sources is accurate at all. After all, the use of the word Jew as an insult and negative thoughts regarding Jews have been around for a really, really long time.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Nova Caeli wrote:Well of course and some Muslims blow up buildings but that doesnt mean they all do. There is always going to be bigoted people out there but you shouldnt generalise such a big group of people like that.

Then don't tell us to watch every mass since the beginning of YouTube. If we did that, we would find lots of anti-Semitic schlock.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

The Soviet Technocracy
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Technocracy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:10 pm

Creativenameia wrote:I've no idea how that has become an insult. That's akin to saying "You're wearing a blue shirt!" and meaning for it to be offensive.

Jew has been used as an insult for a backstabber, or a thief, for quite a while...

Ex. "You jewed me out of my money, kike!"
New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11
I love Rebecca Black

Nova Caeli
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Caeli » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:10 pm

I know but its just a show of how its become part of what teenagers and kids watch, of course jew the insult has a much longer history but the current bout of people being called damn jew and stuff like that is made funny by South Park I am not sayings its bad its funny. I am just saying that that is where the current stream of jew comments from school would probably mainly come from.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Nova Caeli wrote:stuff like that is made funny by South Park

Well, the reason it's supposed to be funny in South Park is because Cartman is a moron. It's not supposed to be funny 'cause it's anti-Semitic.
Last edited by Wamitoria on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:12 pm

Consaria wrote:I don't know why being a Jew would be considered an insult...

Cuz they run the world! ZE RUN ZE WORLD!

Nova Caeli
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Caeli » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Exactly thats the point when school people say it most of them arent being anti-semitic.
And the point is that you would find that the majority of masses and Churches have not preached hating Jews since probably late 19th century.

-The West Coast-
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby -The West Coast- » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Inb4Ralk?
// THE GRAND OLD CONFEDERACY OF THE WEST COAST //

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."
— Edmund Burke; Reflections on the Revolution in France

North Germania
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby North Germania » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Nova Caeli wrote:I know but its just a show of how its become part of what teenagers and kids watch, of course jew the insult has a much longer history but the current bout of people being called damn jew and stuff like that is made funny by South Park I am not sayings its bad its funny. I am just saying that that is where the current stream of jew comments from school would probably mainly come from.

Hey, South Park is funny. And I see your point. I just don't understand why people are so shocked about the term Jew being used as an insult. It's been that way for a while. (Not suggesting you said that.)

Truthfully, there's probably less racism in America today than there ever has been in the past, or at least less on a popular or mainstream level.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:19 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Chateau Chevalier wrote:Christians have hated Jews for about 2000 years. Catholic dogma is clear that Jews should be hated.
I don't hate Jews, but then I'm not a good Christian.

Apparently I'm not a good Catholic -- nor are any of the other Catholics I know -- nor are our priest good priests -- because we've not been told to hate Jews in the least.

That is since vatican II where it was decreed that all jews were not collectively guilty for putting Jesus to death. This is one of the issues that mel gibson is fighting against.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Hydesland
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Hydesland » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:24 pm

I used to get called a Jew a lot by my friends, though I guess the insult was used in an ironic/non serious sense, so I never really found it especially insulting.

Ridann
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 13, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ridann » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm sure the Pope would be especially glad to see that so many people consider the Roman Catholic Church as the sole Christian authority here on Earth, but you forget things like the Pogroms in east Europe, the place where Orthodoxy is the majority? The fraudulent Protocols of the Elders of Zion was allegedly first published in the Russian Empire.

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:We're good at everything. :)

Everything besides winning at WWII anyway. :)
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Nova Caeli
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Caeli » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:44 pm

and making the trains run on time. :palm:

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Nova Caeli wrote:Exactly thats the point when school people say it most of them arent being anti-semitic.
And the point is that you would find that the majority of masses and Churches have not preached hating Jews since probably late 19th century.

No, they just preach that anyone who hasn't accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior is damned. It's not hard to get from there to a whole host of prejudices against Jews, Muslims, atheists, etc.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Nova Caeli
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Caeli » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:51 pm

well as said counts who you go to, Catholics no, Evangelicals yes, I mean they think that Catholics are going to hell as well :p

Nova Caeli
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Caeli » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:56 pm

anyway back to the more important question do all jews have pube hair? :D

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Nova Caeli wrote:anyway back to the more important question do all jews have pube hair? :D

Sort of, but it only grows into a pubic-Jewfro.

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:We're good at everything. :)

Everything besides winning at WWII anyway. :)

Just you wait till I finish my time machine and we'll see who's not good at WWII! >:(

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:Just you wait till I finish my time machine and we'll see who's not good at WWII! >:(

It's the same issue every time we play; you have good fundamentals but you don't understand the metagame.

The Zerg rush strategy only works for the soviets, and you never bother building up your infrastructure. Seriously, why do you think it takes me 3/4 of the game to start fighting?

JJ Place
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby JJ Place » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Aglrinia wrote:I'm an Atheist.

Throughout my college career per-say, I've watched people succumb to the peer pressure of idiotic insults. Ten times today I witnessed people being called a Jew as if it were meant to be rude. I'm a large person, i'm six foot eight, with broad shoulders and I workout daily. I got sick of it after the third time I heard it, I stood up to the person stating "What the hell's wrong with being Jewish, I'm Jewish just like Jesus Christ." I continued this process every time I found someone being picked on, but now the entire school will believe i'm Jewish by next week not that, that's bad.

However my main question is has the word Jew turned into an Insult? Yes or No?

Of course the word Jew can, and, unfortunately has been, turned into a word that can be used as an insult. Any word, used in a negative connotation, used long enough, by enough individuals, can become an insult. Believe my previous sentence is false? Then if you really wish, try it yourself. Use a word, any word, even if it makes no sense at all, on an individual you do not enjoy being around, or a person who's existence you absolutely loath, or worse, and use that word on them as often as possible. They'll at least dislike, and they might even hate you, and that could be just because of one word, one one that might be completely nonsensical. Still believe I'm not correct? Then try it again, you Damn Baker.
The price of cheese is eternal Vignotte.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:Just you wait till I finish my time machine and we'll see who's not good at WWII! >:(

It's the same issue every time we play; you have good fundamentals but you don't understand the metagame.

The Zerg rush strategy only works for the soviets, and you never bother building up your infrastructure. Seriously, why do you think it takes me 3/4 of the game to start fighting?

:rofl:

No fair! How am I supposed to aim my artillery when I'm laughing???

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote: :rofl:

No fair! How am I supposed to aim my artillery when I'm laughing???

You see that button that says "Give all Uranium to Geniasis"?

That's the one. I swear.

Our Lady Skye Sweetnam
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Our Lady Skye Sweetnam » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:12 pm

My last girlfriend was Half Lithuanian Jew, and we would make Jew jokes all the time together.
Jews are awesome people though, I have an uncle who's Jewish.
NS regular since September 2009
Originally known as Peterbolton
Meat eater, not religious, and NOT straight edge. Deal with it.
I'm a guy, yes I know my name implies otherwise, but I don't care.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:13 pm

Our Lady Skye Sweetnam wrote:My last girlfriend was Half Lithuanian Jew, and we would make Jew jokes all the time together.
Jews are awesome people though, I have an uncle who's Jewish.

Remember children, Jew jokes are only OK if the Jew in the room says they are. ;)
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General