NATION

PASSWORD

God this place has gone down hill

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eastern Arcadia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Arcadia » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:58 am

Fnordgasm 5 wrote:
I could do chit chat and light conversation. Watch this..

Hey you.. How's that whole life thing going?

Good lord, for a moment there I thought you were a normal real life person.

Gave me quite a turn, I had to ensure the three inch steel door to my social exclusion NS model vault was locked.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:58 am

Fnordgasm 5 wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
I'm sure you can. ;)

Great, now answer the bloody question!

nooob you are the question.

i'm one day older than you so there. :p
Last edited by Mad hatters in jeans on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:00 pm

Fnordgasm 5 wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
I'm sure you can. ;)

But, Fnordy, this is NSG. There's no chit chatter permitted here. IT'S SRS BSNSS!!!
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Fnordgasm 5
Senator

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Fnordgasm 5 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:01 pm

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
Fnordgasm 5 wrote:

nooob you are the question.

Yeah? Well? So is your face!
Fnordgasm 5 is a twat.

Nobel Hobos
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:01 pm

Daistallia 2104 wrote:
Nobel Hobos wrote:I also wonder what the status of the old Jolt NS database is. It's on a disk somewhere. What would it cost to buy, from OMGK or whatever their name is?

Wiped rather recently.

It's a terrible age we live in, where to possess data is to be responsible for it.
But it's a wonderful age we live in, where old disks are worthless, and tapes go missing.

I choose to believe: it is all out there somewhere.
AKA & RIP BunnySaurus Bugsii, Lucky Bicycle Works, Mean Feat, Godforsaken Warmachine, Class Warhair, Pandarchy

I'm sure I was excited when I won and bummed when I lost, but none of that stuck. Cause I was a kid, and I was alternately stoked and bummed at pretty much any given time. -Cannot think of a name
Brown people are only scary to those whose only contribution to humanity is their white skin.Big Jim P
I am a Christian. Christianity is my Morality's base OS.DASHES
... when the Light on the Hill dims, there are Greener pastures.Ardchoille

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:03 pm

Fnordgasm 5 wrote:
Mad hatters in jeans wrote:nooob you are the question.

Yeah? Well? So is your face!

my face is the question? ah so that's what truth means.

Fnordgasm 5
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fnordgasm 5 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Fnordgasm 5 wrote:

But, Fnordy, this is NSG. There's no chit chatter permitted here. IT'S SRS BSNSS!!!

Hmm..

Hey you.. How's that whole thing thing going since you voted for Obama and had an abortion, which he ate, carried out by Libertarian Islamofacists Communists?
Fnordgasm 5 is a twat.

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Nadkor wrote:Old forum (although I'm pretty sure I've heard tales of one even before that?)

There was an even older forum. I think it lasted about two weeks before the game went critical, a hundred thousand people joined before New Year 2003 rolled around and Max shunted us off to what I suppose now has to be called the Blue phpBB Forum (can't call it simply "the phpBB forum" anymore). Can't say I'm aware of much that happened there; all the interesting people joined later.

And yes, NS is perhaps in its final death throes. The gameplayers already left en masse, taking their puppet armies with them (that's why we have only 50,000 active nations instead of 200,000). The WA's been lifeless for years. The RPers largely quit with the move to self-hosting, only a few remaining. And gradually the number of NSG posters will decline as well as they flee to offsite forums or simply leave.

There's really nothing left here. I've been getting the feeling that yeah, it's been a good seven years or so -- okay, an occasionally mildly entertaining but otherwise pretty annoying seven years -- but it's time to move on.
Signatures are for losers.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Fnordgasm 5 wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Hmm..

Hey you.. How's that whole thing thing going since you voted for Obama and had an abortion, which he ate, carried out by Libertarian Islamofacists Communists?

Who were paid by Hussein's zombie who now lives in a castle in the French Alps and married, secretly, Sarah Palin.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Fnordgasm 5
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fnordgasm 5 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:08 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Fnordgasm 5 wrote: Hmm..

Who were paid by Hussein's zombie who now lives in a castle in the French Alps and married, secretly, Sarah Palin.

Yes, that's the one. How is that going?
Fnordgasm 5 is a twat.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:08 pm

Beeks: any plans for a Halloween Ball next year? Liven things up a bit around here. 8)
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:10 pm

Fnordgasm 5 wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Yes, that's the one. How is that going?

It's... going. <.<
Slava Ukraini

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Fnordgasm 5 wrote: Yes, that's the one. How is that going?

It's... going. <.<

win :lol:

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:14 pm

As for this place going downhill, beeks, even the Nazis are no fun anymore. :(
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.

Ankenmann
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ankenmann » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Its all gone MEEEEP

Eastern Arcadia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Arcadia » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Saint Clair Island wrote:There was an even older forum. I think it lasted about two weeks before the game went critical, a hundred thousand people joined before New Year 2003 rolled around and Max shunted us off to what I suppose now has to be called the Blue phpBB Forum (can't call it simply "the phpBB forum" anymore). Can't say I'm aware of much that happened there; all the interesting people joined later.

And yes, NS is perhaps in its final death throes. The gameplayers already left en masse, taking their puppet armies with them (that's why we have only 50,000 active nations instead of 200,000). The WA's been lifeless for years. The RPers largely quit with the move to self-hosting, only a few remaining. And gradually the number of NSG posters will decline as well as they flee to offsite forums or simply leave.

There's really nothing left here. I've been getting the feeling that yeah, it's been a good seven years or so -- okay, an occasionally mildly entertaining but otherwise pretty annoying seven years -- but it's time to move on.

How pessimistic, surely you do not doubt that the most prolific and often contributing individuals will be here long after the others have wandered off/had kids/got married/retired (not necessarily in that order)? NS for example introduced me to Role Playing and has given me an outlet for my creative frustration which would have otherwise been suppressed or released via alcohol and meaningless sexual encounters

Dam.

Regardless... I will be checking into NS to lurk and RP sporadically even as it becomes silent much like my regional forum which saw it's hey day about two years ago and is now a quiet skeleton with me shaking it's occupants from their deep sleeps only occasionally.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Big Jim P wrote:As for this place going downhill, beeks, even the Nazis are no fun anymore. :(

That's because we have no Nazis. Only lame fascists like Panzerjaeger.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Saint Clair Island wrote:
Nadkor wrote:Old forum (although I'm pretty sure I've heard tales of one even before that?)

There was an even older forum. I think it lasted about two weeks before the game went critical, a hundred thousand people joined before New Year 2003 rolled around and Max shunted us off to what I suppose now has to be called the Blue phpBB Forum (can't call it simply "the phpBB forum" anymore). Can't say I'm aware of much that happened there; all the interesting people joined later.

Psh. Who needs RP.

I've never actually done any RP (seriously, I joined and I might have looked at the RP forums, but mostly made a beeline for general).

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Norstal wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:As for this place going downhill, beeks, even the Nazis are no fun anymore. :(

That's because we have no Nazis. Only lame fascists like Panzerjaeger.

I rather like Panzerjaeger. And you say fascist like it is a bad thing.
Hail Satan!

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Dakini wrote:
Saint Clair Island wrote:There was an even older forum. I think it lasted about two weeks before the game went critical, a hundred thousand people joined before New Year 2003 rolled around and Max shunted us off to what I suppose now has to be called the Blue phpBB Forum (can't call it simply "the phpBB forum" anymore). Can't say I'm aware of much that happened there; all the interesting people joined later.

Psh. Who needs RP.

I've never actually done any RP (seriously, I joined and I might have looked at the RP forums, but mostly made a beeline for general).

I'm completely the same. I don't think I've ever RP'd anything in my life. I don't think I've ever actually looked in any of the RP forums.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:10 pm

O-o-h, Nation Staters, ah, ah!
They're never too far,
from internets so glorious!
Out in a world of their own,
they'll never log off,
till once again victorious! Oh!
Na-a-tion Sta-a-ters always,
seem so unhappy 'less they got a troll!
Oh, Nation Staters, ah, ah!
Like never before, are tired of being serious!

- Shamelessly ripped from XTC

Link to the original song.
Last edited by Camicon on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Dakini wrote:I've never actually done any RP (seriously, I joined and I might have looked at the RP forums, but mostly made a beeline for general).

Totally missing the point there.

That point being that NS is a good deal more than just this particular forum. NSG will likely be the last of the many communities to fade away completely. But it's undoubtedly getting there -- name 10 or so prominent high-quality posters who joined after the move to self-hosting, and 10 or so prominent high-quality posters who joined beforehand. Note which group has many more names that immediately come to mind. Then consider how many similar posters have left since 2009. It's a lot.

NS is in decline and I can't see that ending anytime soon.
Signatures are for losers.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Saint Clair Island wrote:Totally missing the point there.

That point being that NS is a good deal more than just this particular forum. NSG will likely be the last of the many communities to fade away completely. But it's undoubtedly getting there -- name 10 or so prominent high-quality posters who joined after the move to self-hosting, and 10 or so prominent high-quality posters who joined beforehand. Note which group has many more names that immediately come to mind. Then consider how many similar posters have left since 2009. It's a lot.

NS is in decline and I can't see that ending anytime soon.

Before: LG, Maurepas, Greed And Death, Me, Big Jim P, GnI, Parkus, Ifreaan, Dyakovo, Muravyets.

After: B&C, Natapoc, I think, Panzerjager too, NN, Zeppy, admittedly, I don't know many more 'new' posters.

And I only know of maybe seven similarly dedicated posters no longer being on here, and three of them were trolls.
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Big Jim P wrote:
Norstal wrote:That's because we have no Nazis. Only lame fascists like Panzerjaeger.

I rather like Panzerjaeger. And you say fascist like it is a bad thing.

I like you too Big Jim. You always make me laugh. :)
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:Before: LG, Maurepas, Greed And Death, Me, Big Jim P, GnI, Parkus, Ifreaan, Dyakovo, Muravyets.

Screw you :p
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General