NATION

PASSWORD

Government paid for Birth Control USA only please

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

What do think about free birth control?

Should be free for both genders (including condoms, hormonal birth control and ect.)?
47%
Should be free for low income individuals?
13%
Shouldn't be free for anyone?
40%

Total votes : 95

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Government paid for Birth Control USA only please

Postby UCUMAY » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:49 pm

There is an attempt to make birth control for women free and paid for by the government. I personally like it. It gives lower income women/ younger teenage women a way to better protect themselves, reduce medical expense, and keep their kids off our wellfare system.

What do you all think though? I know I'm biased but I would like your opinions.

Check out the spoiler to help make free birth control happen.
https://secure.ppaction.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=12083

Edit: added poll
Last edited by UCUMAY on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Proclaimed Psycho on NSG
About me
I may be young, and that's okay. Since age does not always bring wisdom. I may be stubborn to the point of stupidity; but at least I fight for my beliefs. I may be fooled by a lie; but I can then say I trusted. My heart may get broken however, then I can say I truly loved. With all this said I have lived. :D

I'm politically syncretic so stop asking. :)
My political and social missions

Faith Hope Charity
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Faith Hope Charity » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:54 pm

So the taxpayer should support someone else's personal (possibly bad) sexual choices? I think not. If you are responsible enough to make the decision, you are responsible enough to deal with the outcome. If you cant afford the outcome, you shouldnt be doing it. But i guess simple logic doesnt prevail anymore.

I don't know anyone in the US thats so poor that they cant afford a condom... sorry.
Je Suis Geller
Economic Right: 10.00
Social Libertarian: -6.77

People who denounce the free market and voluntary exchange, and are for control and coercion, believe they have more intelligence and superior wisdom to the masses. What's more, they believe they've been ordained to forcibly impose that wisdom on the rest of us. Of course, they have what they consider good reasons for doing so, but every tyrant that has ever existed has had what he believed were good reasons for restricting the liberty of others.
-Walter E. Williams

http://www.isidewith.com/results/426705837

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Faith Hope Charity wrote:So the taxpayer should support someone else's personal (possibly bad) sexual choices? I think not. If you are responsible enough to make the decision, you are responsible enough to deal with the outcome. If you cant afford the outcome, you shouldnt be doing it. But i guess simple logic doesnt prevail anymore.

I don't know anyone in the US thats so poor that they cant afford a condom... sorry.

Condoms do break. Birth control would be a nice back up.
About me
I may be young, and that's okay. Since age does not always bring wisdom. I may be stubborn to the point of stupidity; but at least I fight for my beliefs. I may be fooled by a lie; but I can then say I trusted. My heart may get broken however, then I can say I truly loved. With all this said I have lived. :D

Ascelonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ascelonia » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Faith Hope Charity wrote:So the taxpayer should support someone else's personal (possibly bad) sexual choices? I think not. If you are responsible enough to make the decision, you are responsible enough to deal with the outcome. If you cant afford the outcome, you shouldnt be doing it. But i guess simple logic doesnt prevail anymore.

Or you can engage in anal intercourse.
Last edited by Ascelonia on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Norwegian Blue
Minister

Founded: Jul 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norwegian Blue » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Out of curiosity, how many people do you know who can make sure that when they get raped, the rapist wears a condom? Because given the sheer number of women who will, at some point in their lives, have the choice about whether or not to have sex forcibly taken away from them, it's a bit stupid to pretend that this issue is solely about being "responsible enough to make decisions."
Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things. - Reichskommissariat ost
...if you poop just to poop, then it is immoral. - Bandarikin
And if abortion was illegal, there wouldn't be male doctors - Green Port
Stop making a potato punch itself in the scrote after first manifesting a fist and a scrote. - RepentNowOrPayLater
And...you aren't aroused by the premise of a snot-hocking giraffe leaping through a third story bay window after a sex toy? What are you...I mean...are you some kind of weirdo or something? - Hammurab

Rokartian States
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rokartian States » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:59 pm

My decision depends on the cost such a policy would incur.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:If you are responsible enough to make the decision, you are responsible enough to deal with the outcome.

This is utterly false.
Note: My nation does not necessarily represent my true political views.

Southern United Africa wrote:Say "pray" over and over in quick succession. I dare you.

Jobbla wrote:hey dude my bitch is a mod on this site shes gonna punish you for squealing on me!

Norstal wrote:That is egotistical on so many level. Its like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, except theres one 1 degree and its your ego.

Sozut wrote:IT IS DEFINITELY BIRDS!

Sibirsky wrote:The truth is, you ideology has failed, will continue to fail, and is made of fail.

Embrihated Koalas wrote:SO THEIR BALLS ARE INERT

Cnetral america wrote:you have int got the flu soooo long it cagt you up
:geek:

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Rokartian States wrote:My decision depends on the cost such a policy would incur.

I could understand that concern.
About me

Kobeanare
Minister

Founded: Nov 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kobeanare » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:02 pm

The Norwegian Blue wrote:

Out of curiosity, how many people do you know who can make sure that when they get raped, the rapist wears a condom? Because given the sheer number of women who will, at some point in their lives, have the choice about whether or not to have sex forcibly taken away from them, it's a bit stupid to pretend that this issue is solely about being "responsible enough to make decisions."

Which also ignores that there may well be women who are not sexually active and thus see no need for birth control, who just happen to be raped. It's not really relevant.

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:04 pm

Kobeanare wrote:Which also ignores that there may well be women who are not sexually active and thus see no need for birth control, who just happen to be raped. It's not really relevant.

There is emergency contraception for that aka "plan B".
Last edited by UCUMAY on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About me

Faith Hope Charity
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Faith Hope Charity » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Rokartian States wrote:My decision depends on the cost such a policy would incur.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:If you are responsible enough to make the decision, you are responsible enough to deal with the outcome.

This is utterly false.

i'm guessing a better way to word it is if you make a decision, you assume responsibility for it.. no one else made the decision, except for you, so therefore it is yours to hold. but i'm guessing you understand that anyway.
Je Suis Geller

People who denounce the free market and voluntary exchange, and are for control and coercion, believe they have more intelligence and superior wisdom to the masses. What's more, they believe they've been ordained to forcibly impose that wisdom on the rest of us. Of course, they have what they consider good reasons for doing so, but every tyrant that has ever existed has had what he believed were good reasons for restricting the liberty of others.
-Walter E. Williams

Nazistisches Reich
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazistisches Reich » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:10 pm

I say its good idea, considering it will help to prevent teenage mothers and then in return reduce the number of people relying on welfare which will leave more money in the tax payers pockets. Its for this reason I only care and agree with it but other than that like caring for the womans health or somthing benefeiting the woman I could give a shit about considering its her dumb ass who got pregnant.
Last edited by Nazistisches Reich on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nazistisches Reich Military Equipment
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=50044

Nazistisches Reich National Anthem
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57610

Lunas Verde
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunas Verde » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:11 pm

Nazistisches Reich wrote:I say its good idea, considering it will help to prevent teenage mothers and then in return reduce the number of people relying on welfare which will leave moe money in the tax payers pockets. Its for this reason I only care and agree with it but other than that like caring for the womans health or somthing benefeiting the woman I could give a shit about considering its her dumb ass who got pregnant.

And it's not the fault of the dumb ass man who got her pregnant? Men do have birth control options, you know...
I AM A LADY. Please use the proper pronoun when referencing me! ^_^
OH MY GOD YOU CLICKED IT! You are AWESOME! I like you! You should listen to this band and be even more awesome!
GothicLust wrote:If nobody wants to have sex with virgins and virgins can't figure out how to have sex in the first place, then how is anyone not a virgin and where did all these fucking kids come from?
Eating fetuses is MURDER & CANNIBALISM. This is one reason why abortion should be banned. People will probably eat fetuses when abortion is made legal.

Barringtonia wrote:Do you want honest debate or a series of angry insults?

Grand Armenica wrote:You know, I've always thought that the boxes on girl scout cookies scream lesbian abortionist...

Faith Hope Charity
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Faith Hope Charity » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Lunas Verde wrote:
Nazistisches Reich wrote:I say its good idea, considering it will help to prevent teenage mothers and then in return reduce the number of people relying on welfare which will leave moe money in the tax payers pockets. Its for this reason I only care and agree with it but other than that like caring for the womans health or somthing benefeiting the woman I could give a shit about considering its her dumb ass who got pregnant.

And it's not the fault of the dumb ass man who got her pregnant? Men do have birth control options, you know...

All i can say is it takes 2... both are equally responsible.. ultimately..
Je Suis Geller

-Walter E. Williams

Nazistisches Reich
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazistisches Reich » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Lunas Verde wrote:

Yeah but the woman could have made him used a condom and if she doesnt like condoms the she should use birth control rather than trust he will pullout in time.
Nazistisches Reich Military Equipment
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=50044

Nazistisches Reich National Anthem
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57610

Faith Hope Charity
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Faith Hope Charity » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:18 pm

so... using your logic.. every woman should be on birth control.. out of paranoia of rape? wth are you talking about.. and what does that say about the average citizen, both male and female, if such a thing ever came to pass?
Je Suis Geller

-Walter E. Williams

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:19 pm

Faith Hope Charity wrote:So the taxpayer should support someone else's personal (possibly bad) sexual choices?

Seeing as we pay well over the odds for completely bullshit stuff like sticking bombs up third-world countries, I'd have thought that making sure people had reasonably good sexual health and weren't having children they can't afford was well within the capability of central government.
Technically a Polanski.

Lunas Verde
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunas Verde » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:19 pm

Nazistisches Reich wrote:
Lunas Verde wrote:And it's not the fault of the dumb ass man who got her pregnant? Men do have birth control options, you know...

Yeah but the woman could have made him used a condom and if she doesnt like condoms the she should use birth control rather than trust he will pullout in time.

Yeah, but the man could have convinced her not to or claimed he had a different form of birth control and if he didn't then he should just not have porked her. It works both ways, dude. Both parties had a hand in it, so both parties are responsible (except in the case of rape or coercion).
OH MY GOD YOU CLICKED IT! You are AWESOME! I like you! You should listen to this band and be even more awesome!
GothicLust wrote:If nobody wants to have sex with virgins and virgins can't figure out how to have sex in the first place, then how is anyone not a virgin and where did all these fucking kids come from?
Eating fetuses is MURDER & CANNIBALISM. This is one reason why abortion should be banned. People will probably eat fetuses when abortion is made legal.

Grand Armenica wrote:You know, I've always thought that the boxes on girl scout cookies scream lesbian abortionist...

UCUMAY
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:20 pm

There are male hormone birth control options slated in the near future. (5 or so years.) I think that should be covered too under this birth control petition.
About me

Lunas Verde
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunas Verde » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:21 pm

Faith Hope Charity wrote:

so... using your logic.. every woman should be on birth control.. out of paranoia of rape? wth are you talking about.. and what does that say about the average citizen, both male and female, if such a thing ever came to pass?

Actually, I know several women who use birth control out of paranoia of rape. Considering that 27 sexual assaults are reported on this campus every week, I'm not suprised. If I could afford it, I would too.

Faith Hope Charity
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Faith Hope Charity » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Yootwopia wrote:
Faith Hope Charity wrote:So the taxpayer should support someone else's personal (possibly bad) sexual choices?

Seeing as we pay well over the odds for completely bullshit stuff like sticking bombs up third-world countries, I'd have thought that making sure people had reasonably good sexual health and weren't having children they can't afford was well within the capability of central government.

agreed.. thats why im all for noninterventionism... lol. I'm sorry, its not the government's job to be nanny of your sex life... its yours, pure and simple. If you give the government intervention in that regard, what other laws and restrictions are they going to put on you regarding sex? (they do like to do that.. here! have this perk! now what are you going to let us do to you in order to get it?)
Je Suis Geller

-Walter E. Williams

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Yootwopia wrote:Seeing as we pay well over the odds for completely bullshit stuff like sticking bombs up third-world countries, I'd have thought that making sure people had reasonably good sexual health and weren't having children they can't afford was well within the capability of central government.

agreed.. thats why im all for noninterventionism... lol. I'm sorry, its not the government's job to be nanny of your sex life... its yours, pure and simple. If you give the government intervention in that regard, what other laws and restrictions are they going to put on you regarding sex? (they do like to do that.. here! have this perk! now what are you going to let us do to you in order to get it?)

I'm sorry but that position is retarded like Jordan's baby. I'm not asking for the government to wade in and say "nothing up the chuff on Tuesdays", this is more along the lines of being able to go to the pharmacy and get johnnies for free.
Technically a Polanski.

There is no cow level
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby There is no cow level » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:24 pm

So not giving women free birth control so that the ones who can't even afford it can have sex makes sense? You know Walgreens doesn't prosecute people who are caught shoplifting condoms because they have the mindset that if someone can't afford condoms then they sure can't afford to raise a kid. A woman should not be forced to have a kid just because she likes sex minus the feel of latex. And even with a condom, it's not guaranteed to work.

But sure keep bitching about not wanting your tax money to go to underprivileged females so that they can do what most of the young-adult and up population do without consequence. I'm sure you'll be glad to have even more of your tax dollar used to help raise the children of those underprivileged females who were forced to go on welfare because someone didn't want a program to help them out.
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.92

██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀ FEAR THE FAIL WHALE

Odessaden
Secretary

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Odessaden » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:24 pm

UCUMAY wrote:There is an attempt to make birth control for women free and paid for by the government. I personally like it. It gives lower income women/ younger teenage women a way to better protect themselves, reduce medical expense, and keep their kids off our wellfare system.

What do you all think though? I know I'm biased but I would like your opinions.

Check out the spoiler to help make free birth control happen.
https://secure.ppaction.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=12083

America can hardly afford its own medicare debt - would not it first regulate its finances and then push from there? I highly doubt that no one though about this proposal.

Jostedule
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jostedule » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:25 pm

More bullshit paid for by hardworking responsible taxpayers, good ol USA. :palm:

Faith Hope Charity
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Faith Hope Charity » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:26 pm

Yootwopia wrote:

I'm sorry but that position is retarded like Jordan's baby. I'm not asking for the government to wade in and say "nothing up the chuff on Tuesdays", this is more along the lines of being able to go to the pharmacy and get johnnies for free.

TANSTAAFL.
Last edited by Faith Hope Charity on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Je Suis Geller

-Walter E. Williams

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General