NATION

PASSWORD

Wikileaks Mega Thread!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:19 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:This doesn't appear to be as US harmful as I thought it would be. This doesn't even appear anywhere near the level I thought it would be either.

They haven't finished releasing all the documents yet.

Well I'll wait to see what is distributed before I make any final judgements.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Postby United Dependencies » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:This doesn't appear to be as US harmful as I thought it would be. This doesn't even appear anywhere near the level I thought it would be either.

It's damaging to international relations.

Proably, but maybe, just maybe we can use this moment to say "hey we didn't want this released, some guy took it." I'm no international political analyist so this probably won't work though.

Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:22 pm

United Dependencies wrote:Proably, but maybe, just maybe we can use this moment to say "hey we didn't want this released, some guy took it." I'm no international political analyist so this probably won't work though.

It's about what we reported. Not that we released it, that it was said at all.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:22 pm

It might improve relations with Russia. Putin probably finds "alpha dog" rather flattering.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Postby United Dependencies » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:24 pm

United Dependencies wrote:Proably, but maybe, just maybe we can use this moment to say "hey we didn't want this released, some guy took it." I'm no international political analyist so this probably won't work though.

It's about what we reported. Not that we released it, that it was said at all.

Yea. Well I'm still going to wait to see how this all turns out before passing any real judgement on it.

MisanthropicPopulism
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby MisanthropicPopulism » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:36 pm

It's damaging to international relations.

I am pretty sure it is known internationally that Americans are dicks.
When life gives you lemons, lemonade for the lemonade god!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:37 pm

MisanthropicPopulism wrote:I am pretty sure it is known internationally that Americans are dicks.

:roll:
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

L3 Communications
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby L3 Communications » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:45 pm

Andaluciae wrote:
Norstal wrote:See, this is what I don't get about Wikileaks. They release documents that pertains obvious information to the general populace that the general populace themselves can't even read. What the hell do they accomplish by doing this?

It gets the cameras focused on Julian Assange for a few more minutes. He's a substantial narcissist, and enjoys being the center of attention.

Here's hoping it gets him killed one day.
The Corporate Conglomerate of L3 Communications
L3 Corporate Factbook - L3 Embassy/Consulate Programme - L3 Broadcasting Corporation - L3 Communications - Global Armaments

- Member of The Conglomerate
- Member of CAPINTERN
- Member of the IFA
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -4.46

New Nicksyllvania wrote:WA is jew infested tyranny that does not understand freedom and 0% taxation

Lyras wrote:Thirdly, the inclusion of multiple penetration aids (such as flares, chaff, false-target balloons and lubricant)...

Neo Shinmin
Attaché

Founded: Nov 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

God Bless Wikileaks (?)

Postby Neo Shinmin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Several major media organisations, including The Guardian and The New York Times, have published detailed reports on a massive trove of leaked US diplomatic cables.

The files address negative perceptions of various world leaders, repeated calls for US attack on Iran, and requests for US diplomats to spy on other countries' officials.

The White House has described the leaks as "reckless and dangerous".

There are several explosive revelations contained within the documents including diplomatic notes detailing how Arab leaders in the Gulf have been urging an attack on "evil" Iran.

The documents reveal serious fears in Washington over the security of Pakistan's nuclear weapons programme.

They also detail advice given to US diplomats on how to gather intelligence and pass information of interest over to the country's spy agencies. According to media reports, senior UN figures were the target of intelligence gathering by US diplomats.

Source

Well NS, what do you think? Is this a reckless endangerment of lives, or an enormous global public service? Or are you still making up your mind?

Personally, I think Wikileaks is the greatest thing ever invented on the internets.
Neo Shinmin
뉴신민
ニュ神岷
новая ШинМин

Factbook coming soon!

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:08 pm

more excuse to smash quisling statists/state for libertad

w/e
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:08 pm

I think the ringleaders of wikileaks should be given a trial and then promptly shot.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Oh common, 4 threads about this in NSG now.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Ascelonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ascelonia » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:I think the ringleaders of wikileaks should be given a trial and then promptly shot.

Agreed.

Ascelonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ascelonia » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Norstal wrote:Oh common, 4 threads about this in NSG now.

The minute one dies. Another appears.

Neo Shinmin
Attaché

Founded: Nov 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Shinmin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Norstal wrote:Oh common, 4 threads about this in NSG now.

Sorry, I didn't see any of the others!

Anyway it's still far less than the number of threads we have pointlessly debating atheism vs theism, or capitalism vs communism, or whether or not adult humans should be allowed to sodomize children and animals. It's also, I daresay, more important and discussion worthy than any of those.
Neo Shinmin
뉴신민
ニュ神岷
новая ШинМин

Factbook coming soon!

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Not sure.

It's treason (bad).

... but I don't like statism (good).
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Postby United Dependencies » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:13 pm

I'm not sure yet. One thing I do know is that I don't appreciate adding more fuel to the libertarian/anarchist fire.
Last edited by United Dependencies on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L3 Communications
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby L3 Communications » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:I think the ringleaders of wikileaks should be given a trial and then promptly shot.

+9001

If only it were that easy. . _ .
L3 Corporate Factbook - L3 Embassy/Consulate Programme - L3 Broadcasting Corporation - L3 Communications - Global Armaments

- Member of CAPINTERN
- Member of the IFA

New Nicksyllvania wrote:WA is jew infested tyranny that does not understand freedom and 0% taxation

Lyras wrote:Thirdly, the inclusion of multiple penetration aids (such as flares, chaff, false-target balloons and lubricant)...

Erathore
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Erathore » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:13 pm

I disapprove of wikileaks.

^that
Hosted: BoF 42, 1st Weaker Sex World Cup, 1st International Football Tournament
Champions: Copa Rushmori VII, 1st International Football Tournament, 2nd Market Cup, 4th Market Cup, 4th World Indoor Soccer Championships
Runners up: 4th Commonwealth Cup, 1st Weaker Sex World Cup
Third: 3rd World Indoor Soccer Championships, Cup of Harmony 49, 20th Di Bradini Cup
Fourth: Cup of Harmony 46, Cup of Harmony 48
Other Finals Placings: World Cup 59 (Ro16), Cup of Harmony 47 (Quarterfinals), BoF 41(Ro16), Di Bradini Cup 16 (Quarterfinals), Di Bradini Cup 17 (Ro16), AOCAF XXXI (Ro16), 2nd World Indoor Soccer Championships (Quarterfinals), 1st World Indoor Soccer Championships (Quarterfinals)
Notable Rankings: #1 (Indoor Football--Post-4th World Indoor Soccer Championships

Bendira
Senator

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Probably the only thing that gives me hope for the future.
Political Compass:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:14 pm

L3 Communications wrote:

+9001

statist stooge
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

L3 Communications
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby L3 Communications » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:14 pm

Bendira wrote:Probably the only thing that gives me hope for the future.

Wikileaks causes the destruction and erosion of liberty by creating paranoia. It is hilariously ironic, that the people who supposedly champion "freedom" are leading to it's utter damnation through the creation of paranoid West.

Satirius wrote:
L3 Communications wrote:
+9001

statist stooge

dwi

i actually dislike this not because of the information being released, but because as that information is released illegally it causes paranoia which leads to more civil freedoms being restricted

each time something endangers the western world's sense of security, we lock ourselves up in an ever tightening grip of tyranny

wikileaks is no different, rly
Last edited by L3 Communications on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

- Member of CAPINTERN
- Member of the IFA

Dempublicents1
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dempublicents1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm wondering when they'll start leaking information like this from countries other than major Western ones. Where are the big leaks from Iran? China? North Korea? Saudi Arabia? India? Israel?

At this point, it doesn't look like a service so much as a vendetta against the US and maybe a few of its allies.
"If I poke you with a needle, you feel pain. If I hit you repeatedly in the testicles with a brick, you feel pain. Ergo, the appropriate response to being vaccinated is to testicle-punch your doctor with a brick. It all makes perfect sense now!" -The Norwegian Blue

"In fact, the post was blended with four delicious flavors of sarcasm, then dipped in an insincerity sauce, breaded with mock seriousness, then deep fried in scalding, trans-fat-free-sarcasm oil." - Flameswroth

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Satirius wrote:statist stooge

I love how the libertarians and anarchists as of late have been throwing around 'Statist' like an insult.

Bendira
Senator

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:18 pm

Satirius wrote:statist stooge

I love how the libertarians and anarchists as of late have been throwing around 'Statist' like an insult.

Satirius is a manboy, not an anarchist.
Political Compass:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General