NATION

PASSWORD

How can you support pedophilia?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Olthar wrote:Meh, whatever. Frankly, I find it difficult to care about a bunch of spoiled, annoying brats that I'll never meet. If someone goes and messes with them, how does it affect me or those I care about?

By affecting society at large, especially when you consider modern forms of communication allowing panic, fear, hatred, acceptance, joy, and a variety of other human emotions to spread at incredible rates across mere geographically boundaries and into the culture of the host country and many times the culture of many other similar or nearby countries, and occasionally all countries or cultures in existence.

All things affect all people in the modern world, and often times they affect previously unrelated people very quickly.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Rebels and Anarchists
Attaché

Founded: May 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Anarchists » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Rebels and Anarchists wrote:
Olthar wrote:Meh, whatever. Frankly, I find it difficult to care about a bunch of spoiled, annoying brats that I'll never meet. If someone goes and messes with them, how does it affect me or those I care about?

I don't support pedophilia, but I see no reason to condemn it.

I agree completely with this statement. Also, I think people blow the effects out of proportion. If they are raped is one thing, but if they decide to participate, they will be ok. Most of the effects are from everybody questioning them and suddenly treating them as though they are traumatized.

Actually, I change my mind, I agree, but not completely. If they really ARE traumatized then that's pretty messed up and the rapist deserves 1000 lashings

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Rebels and Anarchists wrote:Actually, I change my mind, I agree, but not completely. If they really ARE traumatized then that's pretty messed up and the rapist deserves 1000 lashings

The death penalty is impractical and your method in particular is long, polarizing, and inefficient.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:28 pm

South Sharfghotten wrote:I am under the impression that certain members of this board support pedophilia- that is, the act of an adult engaging in sexual contact with a minor. How can you justify this? It is a selfish and sickening practice that not only ruins the lives of children directly affected, but also affects the quality of life of all other children when reactionary parents impose restrictions upon their children.

In my opinion anyone who supports this practice is a revisionist collaborator and requires removal from society lest they harm an innocent child.

There's actually a bit of debate about that.

Personally I don't support sexual activity between adult and child. I view too many things as potentially going wrong. Firstly I think full sex is almost always harmful to a pre-pubescent child. Whilst I don't think that sexual contact is necessarily harmful, I also think that there is too big a risk that the adult, being more experienced, will go too quickly or too far for the child, so I discourage it. I am in favour of age of consent laws, I think that 14 is a reasonable age.

Edit: Also, getting rid of such laws would open children up to intentional abuse, which would also be bad of course. Kids can be easily influenced.
Last edited by Person012345 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

By affecting society at large, especially when you consider modern forms of communication allowing panic, fear, hatred, acceptance, joy, and a variety of other human emotions to spread at incredible rates across mere geographically boundaries and into the culture of the host country and many times the culture of many other similar or nearby countries, and occasionally all countries or cultures in existence.

All things affect all people in the modern world, and often times they affect previously unrelated people very quickly.

Society? Why would I care what society thinks? That's why I made such a statement in the first place. If I was a part of "society," I'd hate pedophilia, too. Thus, when society gets thrown into a hissy-fit over some child rapist, I just shrug and move on with my day.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:29 pm

United Gackle wrote:Pedophiles are complete morons, should be bitch slapped couple of times.

I'll be waiting.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Olthar wrote:Society? Why would I care what society thinks?

Because society affects you. You might think it's "Cool" or "Edgy" to shout about how you don't care about what society thinks, but in reality, it's simply stating that you don't care about variables that have an impact on your life, like stating that you don't care about the economy, or about politics.
That's why I made such a statement in the first place. If I was a part of "society," I'd hate pedophilia, too. Thus, when society gets thrown into a hissy-fit over some child rapist, I just shrug and move on with my day.

I hate to break this to you, but you are part of society. Society is not some hive mind, it is made up of individuals who influence common thought through solidarity of a majority, plurality, or significant minority of it's members.

Syndicalistia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Syndicalistia » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:34 pm

I don't support pedophilia, but I see no reason to condemn it.

I agree completely with this statement. Also, I think people blow the effects out of proportion. If they are raped is one thing, but if they decide to participate, they will be ok. Most of the effects are from everybody questioning them and suddenly treating them as though they are traumatized.

I don't think it's so much a question of psychological trauma that you seem to be referring to. I am surprised that a self professed Anarchist you would condone putting people in a position where there is clearly an unequal relationship where someone would be inherently taking on a position of authority.

Syndicalistia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Syndicalistia » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:37 pm

[quote="Person012345";p="3466536"]
Personally I don't support sexual activity between adult and child. I view too many things as potentially going wrong. Firstly I think full sex is almost always harmful to a pre-pubescent child. Whilst I don't think that sexual contact is necessarily harmful, I also think that there is too big a risk that the adult, being more experienced, will go too quickly or too far for the child, so I discourage it. I am in favour of age of consent laws, I think that 14 is a reasonable age.

Edit: Also, getting rid of such laws would open children up to intentional abuse, which would also be bad of course. Kids can be easily influenced.[/spoiler]

100% agreed
Last edited by Syndicalistia on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:37 pm

I don't see how someone can support pedophilia either. Pedophiles that act upon their urges is what is causing the illegal supply and demand of human trafficking in underage girls to take place. This disgusting pimp named Leroy Bragg was recently arrested for kidnapping adolescent girls off the streets in California and forcefully drugging/raping and turning them into prostitutes and this criminal would have his street name (Snipe King) tattooed onto the girls breasts or necks so he can identify them after tricking them out. The police still haven't found all of his victims. Clearly acting upon pedophilia is not a victimless crime. Adults having sex with children is more often than not, abuse.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Rebels and Anarchists
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Anarchists » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:38 pm

United Gackle wrote:Pedophiles are complete morons, should be bitch slapped couple of times.

I've bitch slapped multiple people, but none were pedophiles.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:40 pm

I've bitch slapped multiple people, but none were pedophiles.

How do ya know? ;)

Rebels and Anarchists
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Anarchists » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Syndicalistia wrote:
Rebels and Anarchists wrote:I agree completely with this statement. Also, I think people blow the effects out of proportion. If they are raped is one thing, but if they decide to participate, they will be ok. Most of the effects are from everybody questioning them and suddenly treating them as though they are traumatized.

I don't think it's so much a question of psychological trauma that you seem to be referring to. I am surprised that a self professed Anarchist you would condone putting people in a position where there is clearly an unequal relationship where someone would be inherently taking on a position of authority.

Well, the name of the nation is just kinda stuck on there haha, but anyways I did take this back in another post that I can't seem to find at the moment

Rebels and Anarchists
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Anarchists » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Person012345 wrote:
Rebels and Anarchists wrote:I've bitch slapped multiple people, but none were pedophiles.

How do ya know? ;)

hmm..... then again.... :lol2:

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Syndicalistia wrote:

Well, the name of the nation is just kinda stuck on there haha, but anyways I did take this back in another post that I can't seem to find at the moment

Rebels and Anarchists wrote:I agree completely with this statement. Also, I think people blow the effects out of proportion. If they are raped is one thing, but if they decide to participate, they will be ok. Most of the effects are from everybody questioning them and suddenly treating them as though they are traumatized.

Actually, I change my mind, I agree, but not completely. If they really ARE traumatized then that's pretty messed up and the rapist deserves 1000 lashings

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:44 pm

South Sharfghotten wrote:I am under the impression that certain members of this board support pedophilia- that is, the act of an adult engaging in sexual contact with a minor.

Your problem seems to be that you do not know what the word "pedophile" means. "the act of an adult engaging in sexual contact with a minor" is not the definition of a pedophile.... A pedophile is one who has a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. It does not matter if they actually engage in sexual contact with the pre-pubescent child or not.... And while pedophiles which act on their attractions would fall within your claimed definition, not all minors are pre-pubescent, and so therefore some people who "[engage] in sexual contact with a minor" would not be pedophiles if the minor in question has entered puberty.
Such heroic nonsense!

Rebels and Anarchists
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Anarchists » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Person012345 wrote:
Rebels and Anarchists wrote:Well, the name of the nation is just kinda stuck on there haha, but anyways I did take this back in another post that I can't seem to find at the moment

Rebels and Anarchists wrote:Actually, I change my mind, I agree, but not completely. If they really ARE traumatized then that's pretty messed up and the rapist deserves 1000 lashings

Thank you :)

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:You might think it's "Cool" or "Edgy" to shout about how you don't care about what society thinks, ...

No, I'm just honestly apathetic enough that I really don't care.

Society is not some hive mind, ...
Society is the beliefs and opinions of the majority. It is the very definition of a hive mind, specifically, collective consciousness. Society is conformity at its purest form. Individuals conform to it, and it conforms to them. Society believes that pedophilia is an abominable sin, and, thus, someone who doesn't conform to that ideology, someone who doesn't condemn pedophilia, is not a part of normal society, at least in that issue.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Tekania wrote:
South Sharfghotten wrote:I am under the impression that certain members of this board support pedophilia- that is, the act of an adult engaging in sexual contact with a minor.

Your problem seems to be that you do not know what the word "pedophile" means. "the act of an adult engaging in sexual contact with a minor" is not the definition of a pedophile.... A pedophile is one who has a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. It does not matter if they actually engage in sexual contact with the pre-pubescent child or not.... And while pedophiles which act on their attractions would fall within your claimed definition, not all minors are pre-pubescent, and so therefore some people who "[engage] in sexual contact with a minor" would not be pedophiles if the minor in question has entered puberty.

Nor is everyone who engages in sexual activity with a pre-pubescent child a paedophile. However, I took the definition in the OP to be a clarification of the one they were using, even if it's innaccurate, rather than a definitive definition.

Syndicalistia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Syndicalistia » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Tekania wrote:

Semantics don't justify what everybody knows and understands is actually being discussed regardless as to whether the technical term is being used or a colloquial simplification.

Ferrond
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ferrond » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Well the pedophiles are free to act however they please, we are free to harass them afterwards as we please! :)

Rebels and Anarchists
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Anarchists » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Olthar wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:You might think it's "Cool" or "Edgy" to shout about how you don't care about what society thinks, ...

No, I'm just honestly apathetic enough that I really don't care.

Society is not some hive mind, ...
Society is the beliefs and opinions of the majority. It is the very definition of a hive mind, specifically, collective consciousness. Society is conformity at its purest form. Individuals conform to it, and it conforms to them. Society believes that pedophilia is an abominable sin, and, thus, someone who doesn't conform to that ideology, someone who doesn't condemn pedophilia, is not a part of normal society, at least in that issue.

:clap: I have spent many-an-hour trying to explain these sorts of things to people :bow:

Syndicalistia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Syndicalistia » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Rebels and Anarchists
Fair enough - I found your comment after too.

Rebels and Anarchists
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rebels and Anarchists » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Ferrond wrote:Well the pedophiles are free to act however they please, we are free to harass them afterwards as we please! :)

Agreed.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Ferrond wrote:Well the pedophiles are free to act however they please, we are free to harass them afterwards as we please! :)

The fact is we get harrassed whether or not we act on our desires. It doesn't require us to have "acted how we please" (although most of us, or the people I've talked to, wouldn't want to hurt people anyway), we are still persecuted for simply having the attraction.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General