NATION

PASSWORD

New sports for the Olympics?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:25 am

Wilkshire wrote:I wouldn't add any. On the contrary I would get rid of some of the less popular sports that have been added in recent years and don't belong in the Olympics. These sports should just have their own World Championships.

They do. It's called the 'World Games', it takes place a year after the Olympics, it already includes some sports that were dropped from the Olympics at various points (such as Tug-of-War), and some other sports have used it to "prove"themselves to the IOC and progressed from it to inclusion in the Olympics (e.g. Triathlon, Volleyball) whilst yet others seek to do so...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Bigpolarbear
Envoy

Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bigpolarbear » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:24 pm

exploding points will be awarded for the most damage
Trades
trades:

DEFCON
DEFCON:DEFCON 6 ready for a small war
defcon 15 100% peaceful
defcon 14 almost a 100% peaceful
defcon 13 68% peaceful
defcon 12 50% peaceful
defcon 11 38% peaceful
defcon 10 19% peaceful
defcon 9 semi-peaceful
defcon 8 ready for light-crime
defcon 7 ready for high crime
defcon 6 ready for a small war
defcon 5 ready for a war
defcon 4 ready for total war
defcon 3 ready for slight nuclear war
defcon 2 ready for a nuclear war
defcon 1 ready for total all-out nuclear war
defcon 0 apocolypse

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:42 pm

Venetoland wrote:"Lacrosse isn't a sport. It's a faggy college activity. Any time you find yourself running around a field, chasing a wooden ball with a stick that has a basket on the end of it, you can be certain that you are engaged in a faggy college activity."

- St. George

What's wrong with fagginess?
Also, lacrosse doesn't really set off my gaydar.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Sucrati
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sucrati » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:45 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Venetoland wrote:"Lacrosse isn't a sport. It's a faggy college activity. Any time you find yourself running around a field, chasing a wooden ball with a stick that has a basket on the end of it, you can be certain that you are engaged in a faggy college activity."

- St. George

What's wrong with fagginess?
Also, lacrosse doesn't really set off my gaydar.

*GRAVE DIG ALERT, PREPARE IGNORE CANNON :3*
Economic Left/Right: 7.12; Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92
George Washington wrote:"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Faith Hope Charity
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Faith Hope Charity » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:49 pm

I want Chess to be in the olympics... epic game.
Je Suis Geller
Economic Right: 10.00
Social Libertarian: -6.77

People who denounce the free market and voluntary exchange, and are for control and coercion, believe they have more intelligence and superior wisdom to the masses. What's more, they believe they've been ordained to forcibly impose that wisdom on the rest of us. Of course, they have what they consider good reasons for doing so, but every tyrant that has ever existed has had what he believed were good reasons for restricting the liberty of others.
-Walter E. Williams

http://www.isidewith.com/results/426705837

West Yemen
Secretary

Founded: Sep 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

response

Postby West Yemen » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:51 pm

Return tug-of-war and include rugby.

Previous

Return to General