NATION

PASSWORD

NHS and the denial of circumcision.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Callisdrun wrote:Look guys, I'm circumcised and I don't have any trouble enjoying sex (more than just about anything I can think of). It's not some horribly crippling mutilation that ruins your sex life forever as it seems some are making it out to be.

Please show me one person that has "made it out to be a horribly crippling mutilation that ruins your sex life forever".

Edo-Tokyo
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Edo-Tokyo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:36 pm

why is the U.S.A where most men are circumcised has a high rate of impotence?

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Edo-Tokyo wrote:why is the U.S.A where most men are circumcised has a high rate of impotence?

Heavy metal poisoning.
End the Modigarchy now.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Yootopia wrote:
Edo-Tokyo wrote:why is the U.S.A where most men are circumcised has a high rate of impotence?

Heavy metal poisoning.

@Edo Correlation does not imply causation.

The Plutonian Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2004
Libertarian Police State

Postby The Plutonian Empire » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:47 pm

EvilDarkMagicians wrote:Hygienic reasons are just as absurd as if men can clean themselves daily normally don't need to about the build up of smegma.

Hygienic reasons for circumcision are perfectly good reasons to allow us to be lazy.

I support circumcision. Having to clean your dick once a day every day for your whole life would get reeeeeally tiring after a short while.
Last edited by The Plutonian Empire on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Nukes, Imperialism, LGBT+ Rights, Welfare, Universal Basic Income, Universal Healthcare, Womens' Rights, Equal Pay, Space & Science prioritizaiton, Privacy, Net Neutrality, Abortion, Environmentalism, Free Love Freedom.
Neutral: Religion.
Against: Capitalism, Fascism, Surveillance, Police Militarization, Misogyny, Thought Policing.

RIP: Grandma Pat, 1934 - 2009
Celestia 1.6.1., Space Engine 0.980, Lavender Skies
Political Compass as of: Dec. 23, 2018
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.69

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Person012345 wrote:
Yootopia wrote:

Heavy metal poisoning.

@Edo Correlation does not imply causation.

This . . .(also there might not actually be a higher rate of impotence in the states it may just be testing or societal differences)
Official Nation States Trainer
Factbook:http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dawoad
Alliances:The Hegemony, The GDF, SCUTUM

Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:03 pm

The Plutonian Empire wrote:
EvilDarkMagicians wrote:Hygienic reasons are just as absurd as if men can clean themselves daily normally don't need to about the build up of smegma.

Hygienic reasons for circumcision are perfectly good reasons to allow us to be lazy.

I support circumcision. Having to clean your dick once a day every day for your whole life would get reeeeeally tiring after a short while.

You don't clean your dick every day?

I assumed that men just did this in the shower... gave it a quick sudsing up and a rinse.

Maybe I just date men with high standards of personal hygiene and this is abnormal. If so, no wonder so many women are adverse to giving blow jobs.

The Plutonian Empire
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

Postby The Plutonian Empire » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Dakini wrote:

I don't have to. ;)
Pro: Nukes, Imperialism, LGBT+ Rights, Welfare, Universal Basic Income, Universal Healthcare, Womens' Rights, Equal Pay, Space & Science prioritizaiton, Privacy, Net Neutrality, Abortion, Environmentalism, Free Love Freedom.
Against: Capitalism, Fascism, Surveillance, Police Militarization, Misogyny, Thought Policing.

Amisille
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Amisille » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:11 pm

Dakini wrote:

I don't have to. ;)

Circumcised or uncircumcised. Neither group have to clean themselves. Most just want to because they're not filthy.
Last edited by Amisille on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:11 pm

Dakini wrote:

I don't have to. ;)

Uh... you probably do.

I mean, I might not "have" to clean my back every day, as in nobody will notice if I don't and I won't be completely disgusting, but I still do.

And I've dated guys who are circumcised and do wash their dicks every day... unless they just put on a show for communal shower time.

Germoaustria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Germoaustria » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:12 pm

EvilDarkMagicians wrote:I was searching up on the world wide webs and found this page explaining why the NHS denies circumcision.
I was actually a bit shocked as I thought you would be allowed to have it done on your child for religious reasons.
The cost of circumcision privately various from £300-£1500. So most children don't get circumcision.

My question main question is: "Do you think a national health services should provide circumcision for non-medical reasons?".

Personally my opinion is that they shouldn't as in developed countries there is simply no need for circumcision.
One reason I'm normally given is because of religious reason, I certainly don't agree with that as I don't think you should be allowed to force your religious views on a child.
Hygienic reasons are just as absurd as if men can clean themselves daily normally don't need to about the build up of smegma.
Aesthetic reasons are also inane as you shouldn't be able to force your child to look the "same as daddy" for the rest of its life.

Circumcision can also can be very distressful and painful for your newborn.

What's your opinion NSG?

Most people in America get circumcisions, I also think they are much cheeper here. True, but who wants to clean under their penis skin? In America, I think it is not very acceptalbe to be uncircumcised. It also can increase penis size, and pleasure, as it exsposes nerve cells, but I do not think it should be paid for, because I do not think there should be national healthcare, but if you have that system, then yes, they should pay for it, especialy if they pay for things like abortions (that are not needed to save the mothers lives) and things like lasic Eye surgery, but I do not know what they pay for, I live across the pond.

The Plutonian Empire
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

Postby The Plutonian Empire » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:13 pm

Just because I said I didn't have to, it doesn't mean I don't do it.

I do it whenever I take a shower.

I just said "I didn't have to" because I had a circumcision.

I should really stop posting TMI on webforums. :p
Last edited by The Plutonian Empire on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Germoaustria wrote:It also can increase penis size,

No it can't.

and pleasure, as it exsposes nerve cells,

No it doesn't. It exposes the most sensitive part of the penis to friction day in and day out which desensitizes it. It also removes some skin which also has nerve endings.

especialy if they pay for things like abortions (that are not needed to save the mothers lives) and things like lasic Eye surgery, but I do not know what they pay for, I live across the pond.

These things serve actual medical purposes (although I don't think that the eye surgery is usually covered, it might be in the UK because I think they cover eyeglasses and the like).

Person012345
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Dakini wrote:
especialy if they pay for things like abortions (that are not needed to save the mothers lives) and things like lasic Eye surgery, but I do not know what they pay for, I live across the pond.

These things serve actual medical purposes (although I don't think that the eye surgery is usually covered, it might be in the UK because I think they cover eyeglasses and the like).

I'm pretty sure they don't cover laser eye surgery.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Person012345 wrote:
Dakini wrote:

I'm pretty sure they don't cover laser eye surgery.

Ok, like I said, I don't know what they cover. I know they cover more things than here. Here, you're left entirely on your own for vision and dental care and while the price of prescriptions is usually knocked down (so it's cheaper than you'd find in the US) it's still something that's between you and your extra health insurance.

Oh, though it does vary from province to province. I think that Alberta covers plastic surgery even.
Last edited by Dakini on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crazed Sex Poodle
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Crazed Sex Poodle » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:09 pm

I think NHS should hire doctors who work for tips. Problem solved!
If there's grass on the field, play ball!

My favorite poster: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladouseur/279609646/

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:44 pm

So does brushing your teeth, which takes longer than washing your penis.

Does that mean you don't brush your teeth every day?
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Germoaustria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Germoaustria » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:51 pm

Dakini wrote:

No it can't.

No it doesn't. It exposes the most sensitive part of the penis to friction day in and day out which desensitizes it. It also removes some skin which also has nerve endings.

From a complication of things I have read on the web, and things they have thought in School, the top two are true. Cicumcision does serve actual medical purposes, it decreases the odds of getting an infection, just like removing a small dogs tail decreases the odds of an infection, or removing a wisdom tooth. What medical purpose would the type of abortion that I described serve, and lasik is personal preference, in a modern society you can always where glasses.

For the record, I am pro-choice, circumsized, and wear contacts.

Tungookska
Minister

Founded: Jan 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tungookska » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:

implying second guy doesn't like touching his penis in the shower
Last edited by Tungookska on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Tungookska wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

Que?
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic

DBC26-Winner

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Germoaustria wrote:
Dakini wrote:

No it can't.

From a complication of things I have read on the web, and things they have thought in School, the top two are true.

They're definitely not true. There's absolutely no physical reason for circumcision to make the penis bigger. It might make it appear bigger by default, but the foreskin pulls back when an uncircumcised penis is erect anyway. It's probably about the same effect as trimming down hair. And it definitely decreases sensation. Actually, if you read the rest of the thread, this has been pointed to as a good thing by a number of posters so this isn't even a common belief among the pro-circumcision crowd.

Cicumcision does serve actual medical purposes, it decreases the odds of getting an infection,

Not nearly as much as wearing a condom. The only medical reason to get circumcised is if the foreskin is too tight and doesn't retract, which is a rare medical condition.

just like removing a small dogs tail decreases the odds of an infection,

Actually, now there's no reason to dock tails (or ears) unless your dog is a working dog. Small dogs were often used to hunt vermin so their ears and tails were cropped. But in some places it's illegal to do these things to dogs anymore.

or removing a wisdom tooth.

Wisdom teeth are usually removed to prevent crowding of the teeth or because they're coming in crooked and will run into the other molars. There are a whole host of other reasons people get their wisdom teeth out.

What medical purpose would the type of abortion that I described serve,

The termination of a pregnancy.

and lasik is personal preference, in a modern society you can always where glasses.

It depends. If your vision is bad enough then having surgery to correct it to the point where it isn't horrible isn't necessarily a bad idea. Some people work at jobs where they can't wear glasses without causing problems and can't wear contacts. Also, this surgery isn't covered in the UK apparently anyway.

Hyperiox
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 15, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperiox » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:
Tungookska wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

Que?

I think what Tungookska means is: what type of guy doesn't touch himself in the shower.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Hyperiox wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:
Tungookska wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

Que?

I think what Tungookska means is: what type of guy doesn't touch himself in the shower.

Is there such a thing?

DBC26-Winner

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Food for thought

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/fo ... 5886438305

But since it is Africa who cares. Right?

DBC26-Winner

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:51 am

But some how billions of males around the world seem to be fine with it everyday.
Seriously you must be really fucking lazy to not pull back the skin on your penis, it doesn't even take 2 seconds.
And you don't HAVE to clean your penis every day, but you would have a stinky penis. Much like if you didn't wash everyday you would have a really stinky body.
Last edited by EvilDarkMagicians on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General