NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics: Supreme Court rejects 14th Amendment

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:47 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Torisakia wrote:Should I drink the Fox News/CNN kool-aid instead? Fuck me for wanting to be informed I guess.

I think if your goal is to be informed, you’d be better served by keeping up with what various outlets of all stripes are saying and trying to relate their stances to their compositions and interests, rather than limiting yourself to a very narrow slice of highly-online Yankee centrist sources. Truth is something to be arrived at dialectically; you’re not going to be better informed by restricting yourself only to the disingenuous antipolitics ideology of pundits like Nate Silver, you’ll just be passively absorbing their framing of every issue. Presenting oneself and one’s content as “neutral” is itself an ideological act.

Look, I just want to read about who's running, what platform they're running on, what they think on certain issues, and the like. I don't particularly care nor have an interest in some talking heads going on a three hour spiel about how Biden is actually a reincarnation of Charlemagne who is the savior of all humans or how Trump's immigration policy is actually a reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Those media outlets only exist to fling shit at the other side with no meaningful commentary or insight into anything. So far I've found those "highly-online Yankee centrist sources" to be very informative and easy to understand, unlike the Democratic/Republican circlejerk that exists on CNN, Fox, OANN, and others. Also given that I don't plan to vote for neither Biden nor Trump, I find the need to consume Democrat or Republican media to be redundant.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

GMS Greater Miami Shores 1
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 15, 2024
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby GMS Greater Miami Shores 1 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:50 pm

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:It might be an idea to just ignore GMS rather than insult him. The more attention you give him, the more he's going to post. Plus, if he is disabled then it is probably not great form to be insulting him.

GMS: Since we have posted to each other, I am posting this post to you in a respectful way like I do with all persons. I am Autistic, but there are many levels of Autism and my doctors say my level is very low, but I still have Autism. I even have a lady relative in the family that works with kids with Autism, she teaches them manners, social skills and how to control their tempers and not be violent. The Point is she knows a lot about Autism. My Republican Politics have nothing to do with Autism and are supported by millions of Proud Pro USA USA USA, America First, Make America Great Again and Greater Again, MAGA Republican Patriot President Trump supporters, American Nationalist Patriot Citizens of The USA with Pride and Honor.

No one and nothing insults me, nothing phases me on NS and discord, I learned it the hard way on NS and discord.

I GMS will Post all my economic, political and social views on NS and discord in a respectful manner without breaking any NS rules, even if all Persons on NS and discord put me on ignore. I have been on NS for over 12 Years since the old co UK Forum days and NS 2, with a Perfect record of No Baiting, No Flaming, No Trolling and No Cussing. I hate to Cuss and I am very Proud of my Personal Private Record. I can explain what I mean by my Personal Private Record.

I am the Guy who does not Put any Persons on ignore for any reasons, even for actionable reasons against me and I am very Proud of it.

My English Not Very Good, is Not Very Bad Either.

Thank You for your post and comments.

GMS with Pride and Honor.
Last edited by GMS Greater Miami Shores 1 on Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:03 pm, edited 12 times in total.
GMS: I am a Political Junkie and Political Expert on NS and discord. With my real world nations, regional world nations, with real world statistics as much as possible, with Pics of their real world leaders, I read, learn and follow. What have I GMS been doing on NS for over 13 Years since the old co UK forum days and NS 2. Posting my and our Pro Republican Facts with Personal respect to those who think differently. Hardly ever on and off NS and discord, a Person says to the other Person, I am wrong and you are right, my Bad. These are Facts. Republican Presidents Ronald Reagan original Make America Great Again President and President Trump are the Greatest American Presidents of the USA. According to me and my Friend Historian Carlos Lumpuy. of French Cuban American descent.

GMS Greater Miami Shores 1
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 15, 2024
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby GMS Greater Miami Shores 1 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:25 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Senkaku wrote:I think if your goal is to be informed, you’d be better served by keeping up with what various outlets of all stripes are saying and trying to relate their stances to their compositions and interests, rather than limiting yourself to a very narrow slice of highly-online Yankee centrist sources. Truth is something to be arrived at dialectically; you’re not going to be better informed by restricting yourself only to the disingenuous antipolitics ideology of pundits like Nate Silver, you’ll just be passively absorbing their framing of every issue. Presenting oneself and one’s content as “neutral” is itself an ideological act.

Look, I just want to read about who's running, what platform they're running on, what they think on certain issues, and the like. I don't particularly care nor have an interest in some talking heads going on a three hour spiel about how Biden is actually a reincarnation of Charlemagne who is the savior of all humans or how Trump's immigration policy is actually a reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Those media outlets only exist to fling shit at the other side with no meaningful commentary or insight into anything. So far I've found those "highly-online Yankee centrist sources" to be very informative and easy to understand, unlike the Democratic/Republican circlejerk that exists on CNN, Fox, OANN, and others. Also given that I don't plan to vote for neither Biden nor Trump, I find the need to consume Democrat or Republican media to be redundant.

You have a long post of comments there.

But you say this: Look, I just want to read about who's running, what platform they're running on, what they think on certain issues, and the like.

So far I've found those "highly-online Yankee centrist sources" to be very informative and easy to understand,

unlike the Democratic/Republican circlejerk that exists on CNN, Fox, OANN, and others. Also given that I don't plan to vote for neither Biden nor Trump, I find the need to consume Democrat or Republican media to be redundant.

I read your post this way: You learn from these issues and you decide who to vote for and not vote for.

You don't follow a political ideology or political leader.

Good for you, I think its cool.
GMS: I am a Political Junkie and Political Expert on NS and discord. With my real world nations, regional world nations, with real world statistics as much as possible, with Pics of their real world leaders, I read, learn and follow. What have I GMS been doing on NS for over 13 Years since the old co UK forum days and NS 2. Posting my and our Pro Republican Facts with Personal respect to those who think differently. Hardly ever on and off NS and discord, a Person says to the other Person, I am wrong and you are right, my Bad. These are Facts. Republican Presidents Ronald Reagan original Make America Great Again President and President Trump are the Greatest American Presidents of the USA. According to me and my Friend Historian Carlos Lumpuy. of French Cuban American descent.

Previous

Return to General