NATION

PASSWORD

How can you not be christian?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tungookska
Minister

Founded: Jan 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tungookska » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:05 pm

Equimanthon wrote:
Tungookska wrote:but jesus was a zombie

No Jesus you are the demons. And then Jesus was a zombie.

Bamabam
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bamabam » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:18 pm

For tea too wrote:I'm atheist (or rather agnostic I guess) simply because there is no proof of God as far as I am aware, and since Christianity is a faith -and proof denies faith- then there cannot ever be proof of Gods existence (in my own humble opinion). If there was ever any proof of Gods existence, then Christianity would no longer be considered a faith, but rather fact...

Its very obvious there is a God.Im sure you heard this argument before but let me finsish and add more to it.Look everywhere.How can all of this come out of nowhere.How is it possible that a peice of dust explodes and creates all of this.I know you are going to say that it makes more sense because it does not require anything out of the ordinary.Well it would be more crazy to think that a peice of dust explodes by its self for no absolute reason and expands for light years upon light years.It makes more sense for a very intellegent being to create such a complex and large world.Now i am going to add something to the argument you probaly never heard before.Evolution only explains physical things.But what about something like time.When things move fourth dimensionally.In a evoultion universe time wouldnt exsist so there you couldnt move.Just for a time so short it wouldnt even be noticeable then disappear out of nowhere.Right now take your arm and swing it and watch it move in time.Would that be possible in a purely physical world.And look at other things such as light,color,and how things sound.Now seriously and honeslty think.Nowhere in evolution does it explain how light,color,or audio came to be .It just explains how the universe reacts assuming these things as a constant.So seriously think of a place with no gravity.No time,no feeling,and it is not black either because an absence of light is still something.And there is no space because there is something there.Think of nothing and then tell me all of this pops out of nowhere.No matter how long and billions upon billions of years you say the universe is.Things dont come from nowhere.It only make sense that there is a God.

Equimanthon
Diplomat

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Equimanthon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Geniasis wrote:Jesus waited. The candles above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the templr. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Saynt Pater were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

Jesus was a carpenter for 15 years. When he was a boy he used to watch the planks of wood and said to his dad "dad i want to be a carpenter" his dad said "NO! YOU BE KILL BY DEMONS"
Eternal Yerushalayim wrote:Labour deserves the skeleton of Ramsay Macdonald as its leader.

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Bamabam wrote:
For tea too wrote:I'm atheist (or rather agnostic I guess) simply because there is no proof of God as far as I am aware, and since Christianity is a faith -and proof denies faith- then there cannot ever be proof of Gods existence (in my own humble opinion). If there was ever any proof of Gods existence, then Christianity would no longer be considered a faith, but rather fact...

Its very obvious there is a God.Im sure you heard this argument before but let me finsish and add more to it.Look everywhere.How can all of this come out of nowhere.How is it possible that a peice of dust explodes and creates all of this.I know you are going to say that it makes more sense because it does not require anything out of the ordinary.Well it would be more crazy to think that a peice of dust explodes by its self for no absolute reason and expands for light years upon light years.It makes more sense for a very intellegent being to create such a complex and large world.Now i am going to add something to the argument you probaly never heard before.Evolution only explains physical things.But what about something like time.When things move fourth dimensionally.In a evoultion universe time wouldnt exsist so there you couldnt move.Just for a time so short it wouldnt even be noticeable then disappear out of nowhere.Right now take your arm and swing it and watch it move in time.Would that be possible in a purely physical world.And look at other things such as light,color,and how things sound.Now seriously and honeslty think.Nowhere in evolution does it explain how light,color,or audio came to be .It just explains how the universe reacts assuming these things as a constant.So seriously think of a place with no gravity.No time,no feeling,and it is not black either because an absence of light is still something.And there is no space because there is something there.Think of nothing and then tell me all of this pops out of nowhere.No matter how long and billions upon billions of years you say the universe is.Things dont come from nowhere.It only make sense that there is a God.

you need to read up on quantum mechanics. Stuff Does come from nowhere.
Official Nation States Trainer
Factbook:http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dawoad
Alliances:The Hegemony, The GDF, SCUTUM

Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Equimanthon wrote:Jesus was a carpenter for 15 years. When he was a boy he used to watch the planks of wood and said to his dad "dad i want to be a carpenter" his dad said "NO! YOU BE KILL BY DEMONS"

There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in temple of the juice he knew there were demons.

"This is Pater" the crewsifix crackered. "You must fight the demons!"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:30 pm

DaWoad wrote:
Bamabam wrote:

He needs to read Intro to English Phonics #1 before he can even read Elements of Style. Seriously your sentence structure, DaWoad, makes me want to douse my eyes with bleach.

Though yes, I do agree with you on some parts. Even if it does come from Quantum Mechanics, as someone else have said, where did Quantum Mechanics came from? Quarks or even strings don't come out of nowhere.
Last edited by Norstal on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

ReaKno
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ReaKno » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Though yes, I do agree with you on some parts. Even if it does come from Quantum Mechanics, as someone else have said, where did Quantum Mechanics came from? Quarks or even strings don't come out of nowhere.

They indeed seem to do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation
Though the english WP isnt really helpful to non-physicists
A translation from the German one might be: "Quantum fluctuation are pairs of stuff and anti-stuff that appear in the vacuum and then vanish again"

Even though you do not need quantum mechanics to refute the "But where did the universe come from?" argument.

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Norstal wrote:
DaWoad wrote:
Bamabam wrote:

He needs to read Intro to English Phonics #1 before he can even read Elements of Style. Seriously your sentence structure, DaWoad, makes me want to douse my eyes with bleach.

I didn't believe that his writing deserved a high-quality response. Your question, "where did Quantum Mechanics came (sic.) from?", does not make a whole lot of sense. Quantum Mechanics is a human creation used to describe our universe or certain very specific aspects of our universe anyway. In theory energy/particles can come out of "nowhere" though the specific mechanism for this is beyond my own understanding of physics.
Official Nation States Trainer
Factbook:http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dawoad
Alliances:The Hegemony, The GDF, SCUTUM

Cloddhopper-Love
Envoy

Founded: Nov 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cloddhopper-Love » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Bamabam wrote:

But then the question becomes "Where did God come from?" Everything has to start somewhere...
For the record, I don't believe the entire universe was created from dust explosions either, but that doesn't mean I believe in Christianity. Because even if your argument was convincing in any way, almost all religions have god(s) to explain the creation of life, as well as other theories that don't fall under religion. So why should the presence of a "god" make anyone have to follow the Christian faith?
Last edited by Cloddhopper-Love on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalasion
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasion » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:56 pm

Augggggggh! DIE! DIE TOPIC DIE!!
95% of people on NationStates won’t read this, but as we speak, Libyan people are being massacred, because they’re rebelling against an unfair government. The elderly, women, children, everyone in Libya is in danger tonight. It’s genocide. Repost this in your sig to raise awareness and support the revolution!

Demonym: Mionn(s)
Adjective: Calamsk
I highly suggest you see my NSwiki page if you are involved in an RP with me. Thank you!
http://politicalcompass.org/facebook/pc ... &soc=-2.31

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General