NATION

PASSWORD

The Ultimate Religion Discussion Thred

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Andrewboy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

The Ultimate Religion Discussion Thred

Postby Andrewboy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:12 pm

Ok that’s it!

Religion bashing in every single thread. So many, many threads about Religion! I HAVE HAD IT!!!!!!!!!

That’s it. If you have any messages, topics, whatever you have to say about Religion, say it here!

So ill start. All you christans who say god exist lets point out some stuff.

1. First there were molecules, they banded together and expanded in the Big bang spreading planets and stars everywhere. We know it’s true because it’s still going on.

2. First there were microscopic life forums, witch grew into fish, witch evolved into Reptiles, witch evolved into Dinosaurs, witch evolved (kinds) into mammals, witch evolved into us.

3. Prove god exists.

4. If he dose, why doesn’t he just say 'hi I’m god, I exists' to everyone.
World Cup 51 Qualifying
world cup of hockey 10:group stage
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying
Fustal world cup II:group stage
Pool world cup 1:Broomstone:2end place, Willkins: 2end round, Harvord: 2end round
Baptism of fire 36: round of 16
World cup 49: Qualifing
Burchandiger invitational cup 1: round of 16
Fustal world cup 3: Group Stage
Ebyria Regional Cup: 1st
Di Barandi cup 13: group stage
Womens World Cup 12: group stage

all hail ceiling cat
the last enemy that shall be defeated is death
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig
Ultimate Man united fan.
F7 minister of elimination games

Fabricati Diem
Envoy

Founded: Feb 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fabricati Diem » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Andrewboy wrote:So ill start. All you christans who say god exist lets point out some stuff.

1. First there were molecules, they banded together and expanded in the Big bang spreading planets and stars everywhere. We know it’s true because it’s still going on.

2. First there were microscopic life forums, witch grew into fish, witch evolved into Reptiles, witch evolved into Dinosaurs, witch evolved (kinds) into mammals, witch evolved into us.

I'm not a Christian, but there are many Christians who accept that both of these happened.
"Yes, indeed. Something like, perhaps, 'They Did The Job They Had To Do'?"
"No," said Vimes, coming to a halt under a lamp by the crypt entrance. "How dare you? How dare you! At this time! In this place! They did the job they didn't have to do, and they died doing it, and you can't give them anything. Do you understand? They fought for those who'd been abandoned, they fought for one another, and they were betrayed. Men like them always are. What good would a statue be? It'd just inspire new fools to believe they were going to be heroes. They wouldn't want that. Just let them be. Forever."
- Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

Yeah, it's not creepy until Fabricati Diem gets here!
- Assassinistan

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Fabricati Diem wrote:
Andrewboy wrote:So ill start. All you christans who say god exist lets point out some stuff.

I'm not a Christian, but there are many Christians who accept that both of these happened.

Most of the God belives think that he started the world and us.
World Cup 51 Qualifying
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying
Pool world cup 1:Broomstone:2end place, Willkins: 2end round, Harvord: 2end round

all hail ceiling cat
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig
Ultimate Man united fan.

Chumblywumbly
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Chumblywumbly » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Andrewboy wrote:Most of the God belives think that he started the world and us.

*squints*
I suffer, I labour, I dream, I enjoy, I think; and, in a word, when my last hour strikes, I shall have lived.

Friends of Ali
Attaché

Founded: Mar 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Friends of Ali » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Uhh, Allah isn't in this universe. So, Allah couldn't just say hi I'm here. Allah could however send an angel, and prophets. Islam is the path set out for all mankind, but Allah only guides those he wishes.

Maharlika Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maharlika Islands » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:31 pm

Andrewboy wrote:Ok that’s it!

Religion bashing in every single thread. So many, many threads about Religion! I HAVE HAD IT!!!!!!!!!

That’s it. If you have any messages, topics, whatever you have to say about Religion, say it here!

3. Prove god exists.

God's existence can never be proved nor be disapproved, there's a study about how God acts through nature, Christians don't deny Evolution. What if God acted through nature?
He created microscopic life forms and then played with them like clay to be marine life and then played again to make reptiles, dinosaurs, mammals etc. Charles Darwin was interested in how God acts through nature but he became Agnostic and lost faith in God when his daughter died. If he says Hi I'm God, everyone wouldn't be themselves, everyone will be good, everyone will be doing what's right, everyone would always be frightened; reason why he didn't want us to have the fruit of knowledge is because when we have knowledge we would have thought, we would do un-rightful things etc. If we didn't have knowledge; our lives would be similar to animals;
LIVE - > EAT - > DRINK - > HAVE BABIES - > TAKE CARE OF THEM - > DIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldHF6PFUukw
Einstein was agnostic; he believed in Spinoza's God but not in the Abrahamic God.
I am Filipino.
Need an airport to land? VisitKarabawa International Airport

Johz
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Johz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Andrewboy wrote:
Fabricati Diem wrote:

He(Fabricati)'s right you know. I can claim the dubious honour of being a Christian, and most Christians, at least in England, would whole-heartedly agree with much of what science tells us. We just suspect that God had a helping hand in what happened.

And, while I'm going to hate myself for doing this, I'm subscribing to this thread. A whole area for debate on religion. It's a dream come true...
Always Ready (With a Cuppa): UDL
Praise [violet] for safe switching!

The Village of Johz - (Factbook)
Head of Foreign Affairs:
Mr Newman
Head of the Flower Rota: Mrs Figgis
Population: 269 (Johzians)
Sometime between when the "evolution is just a theory" nonesense dies out, and when Ashmoria starts using captitalization. - EnragedMaldivians
It's called a tangent. It tends to happen on NSG. - Olthar
[E]very Brit I've met on the internet has been violently apathetic. - Conserative Morality
This is Johz. I'd like to give him a hug someday. - Celly
See a mistake? Send me a telegram!|I would be very much indebted to you.
LINKS: My Website|Barryman|Gay Marriage: Who will be next?

#NSG on esper.net - Join us!
Also, bonobos zygons.

Maharlika Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Maharlika Islands » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:34 pm

3. Prove god exists.

God's existence can never be proved or disapproved, God needs praise from his people, if he'd say Hi, I'm God, wouldn't everyone stop working and just go to God and kneel down and cry on his feet; Ohh Give me a ferrari! and everyone would be like
I'm horny, let's sleep together, oh wait! God's watching nevermind! and I went to my friend's house... ughh i mean.. i went to a girls house and slept with her, just saying the truth God might burn me ASAP.
I am Filipino.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:36 pm

Friends of Ali wrote:Uhh, Allah isn't in this universe. So, Allah couldn't just say hi I'm here. Allah could however send an angel, and prophets. Islam is the path set out for all mankind, but Allah only guides those he wishes.

Why would He have to send angels or prophets? Is He incapable of entering our Universe? If so, how does He send the angels and prophets into our universe? If the angels and prophets are already in our universe, how does He communicate with them? If He's capable of communicating across universes, can't He just tell us Himself?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is this: How are we supposed to tell the difference between a prophet and a dude who spent too long in a cave and went mad?
Last edited by Lunatic Goofballs on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

The Valepian Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valepian Lands » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I guess the point I'm trying to make is this: How are we supposed to tell the difference between a prophet and a dude who spent too long in a cave and went mad?

Once the sun is directly behind their head!
Last edited by The Valepian Lands on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUN FOR AN EMBASSY!
FACTBOOK (!Out of Date!)
DEFCON: [5][4][3][2][1]
|Economic Stats|

The Tofu Islands wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:We should call it

NSG.

Only if it’s discovered that it’s inhabited by trolls.

Maharlika Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Maharlika Islands » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:41 pm

Johz wrote:
Andrewboy wrote:
Fabricati Diem wrote:

He(Fabricati)'s right you know. I can claim the dubious honour of being a Christian, and most Christians, at least in England, would whole-heartedly agree with much of what science tells us. We just suspect that God had a helping hand in what happened.

And, while I'm going to hate myself for doing this, I'm subscribing to this thread. A whole area for debate on religion. It's a dream come true...

x) Actually the Europeans have studied about how God works through nature >_> this should be introduced to schools so that everyone will understand. Yes I am Christian and I believe in Science and I believe God gave a helping hand, I have a belief but It's too complicated to explain and understand. NATURAL THEOLOGY
I am Filipino.

Maharlika Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Maharlika Islands » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Friends of Ali wrote:Uhh, Allah isn't in this universe. So, Allah couldn't just say hi I'm here. Allah could however send an angel, and prophets. Islam is the path set out for all mankind, but Allah only guides those he wishes.

Why would He have to send angels or prophets? Is He incapable of entering our Universe? If so, how does He send the angels and prophets into our universe? If the angels and prophets are already in our universe, how does He communicate with them? If He's capable of communicating across universes, can't He just tell us Himself?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is this: How are we supposed to tell the difference between a prophet and a dude who spent too long in a cave and went mad?

Ughh!! read my posts to understand why he isn't showing up.
I am Filipino.

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:43 pm

phhh, god is just an imaginary figure made up by people who refused to go into the crule world without someone to help them.
World Cup 51 Qualifying
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying

all hail ceiling cat
Ultimate Man united fan.

Maharlika Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Maharlika Islands » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Well a prophet is someone who proclaims the word of God, a dude who spent too long in a cave and went mad is the living proof of cavemen :D
I am Filipino.

Friends of Ali
Attaché

Founded: Mar 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Friends of Ali » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

You should ask a Scholar the first bit. I am just an everyman that has a bit of knowledge.

Your other question is loaded. Scientific fact, and him being raised into paradise is another reason.

Wilgrove
Post Czar

Founded: May 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilgrove » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Why does the Abrahamic God seems to play favorite. Jews are his "Chosen" people, Christians are to spread his message and be his disciple, and he hand selects who should be Muslims.

This just reinforce my idea that Yahweh (the God of all three religion) is just a massive dick.
Last edited by Wilgrove on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Wilgrove wrote:

Why does the Abrahamic God seems to play favorite. Jews are his "Chosen" people, Christians are to spread his message and be his disciple, and he hand selects who should be Muslims.

This just reinforce my idea that Yahweh (the God of all three religion) is just a massive dick.

I think it's infinitely more likely that God didn't tell many people on Earth much of anything. Personally, I think He may have played a very slight role in Jesus' message, but I'm not even going to argue that point.

I think it's much more likely that God thinks on a much more universal scale. The idea that all of this is for us is mind bogglingly arrogant.
Last edited by Lunatic Goofballs on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:03 pm

3. Prove god exists.

OK, I'll brave the spelling and grammar atrocities, and try to defend God. I am a Christian, so I can do this- other religious people can't since the OP addressed Christians specifically.

1. The Big Bang? Yes, I agree with it (but not your version, which suggests the existence of molecules before the Big Bang). Here's a question for you- who instigated the Big Bang?

2. Yes, I agree with it. Here's a question for you- who instigated the very specific and improbable conditions for life to form?

3. I can't, but there are many things that cannot and will not be explained by the atheistic worldview alone.

4. Because he believes in properly conjugated verbs? Seriously, if he intervened too much, people would become too reliant on Him and His compassionate power. He does show His existence in little ways through miracles.
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Angleter wrote:1. The Big Bang? Yes, I agree with it (but not your version, which suggests the existence of molecules before the Big Bang). Here's a question for you- who instigated the Big Bang?

A question for you in turn: why do you use the word "who", when it is extraordinarily unlikely that anything like a "person" was around back then?
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

South Norwega
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:41 pm

No, it's not.

Many people apparently have not.

Or in other religion related threads, I suppose. Religion is a very broad topic. There's many many aspects of it.

An ill start? A portent, that is, and a bad one at that.

What? That's not what the Big Bang was, really. I'm not entirely sure what it was, but it's not that. Minus the expanding that's just a chemical reaction.

Now, what about wizards, what did they grow into? These witches are very versatile, seemingly.

3. Prove god exists.

Prove you exist.

Because he doesn't care. He enjoys petty religious debates, obviously.
Last edited by South Norwega on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worship the great Gordon Brown!
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Please sig this.

Jedi 999 wrote:the fact is the british colonised the british

Plains Nations wrote:the god of NS

Trippoli wrote:This here guy, is smart.

Second Placing: Sarzonian Indoor Gridball Cup

The Tofu Islands
Minister

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Angleter wrote:1. The Big Bang? Yes, I agree with it (but not your version, which suggests the existence of molecules before the Big Bang).

Yeah, that's a pretty bad error on their part.

Angleter wrote:Here's a question for you- who instigated the Big Bang?

I'd go for "what" instead of "who", but for either: is "god" a better answer then "we don't know"?

Angleter wrote:2. Yes, I agree with it. Here's a question for you- who instigated the very specific and improbable conditions for life to form?

Again, I'd say "what" instead of "who", and my answer would, quite simply, be chance. There are masses* of planets out there. A decent number* of them are probably rocky. Of those, a reasonable number* are probably at temperatures that would allow life to form. Combine numbers with a large amount of time, and life is basically inevitable.

As for "very specific", the reason conditions seem so special is because life (on Earth) adapted to the conditions that were here.

(*Extreme understatements.)

Angleter wrote:3. I can't, but there are many things that cannot and will not be explained by the atheistic worldview alone.

Got examples?
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Maharlika Islands wrote:God's existence can never be proved or disapproved,

Bull. If a bearded white man came down from the sky and started performing feats that violated the laws of physics and he knew the exact future, what exactly would you call him?
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Tmutarakhan wrote:A question for you in turn: why do you use the word "who", when it is extraordinarily unlikely that anything like a "person" was around back then?

It's called a loaded question.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:48 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:
Maharlika Islands wrote:God's existence can never be proved or disapproved,

Bull. If a bearded white man came down from the sky and started performing feats that violated the laws of physics and he knew the exact future, what exactly would you call him?

An alien.

Hunter S. Thompson

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:49 pm

So Allah isn't omnipotent?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General