NATION

PASSWORD

Does Max Barry have a Nation?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Well Mr. Xam, when Max comes home, please tell him I called
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Well Mr. Xam, when Max comes home, please tell him I called

I'll try. It depends on which Max you're talking about, there's lots of them.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
CANONICAL CHANGE: Wyatt is now 29, not 19.
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:16 pm

Max Barry does exist on NationStates websites you know
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Goldwater Coast
Spokesperson

Founded: May 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Goldwater Coast » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Elepis wrote:
Corunia and Mironor wrote:Will the real Max Barry please stand up?

I'm Spartacus

Look at me.
Look at me.
I am the Max Barry now.
REPUBLIC OF GOLDWATER COAST, JUNCTION OF LIBERTY, TRADE, AND THE SEAS
Bakhton wrote:"Wexit has come."

Wisconsin9 wrote:A category five on Christmas Day in Manhattan wouldn't be enough to get people to wake the fuck up.
Reploid Productions wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum, this is true.

Ludina
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ludina » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:45 pm

How do we know he is real? How do we know he isn't just our imagination? I am a Nasist.
Last edited by Ludina on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:44 am

I'm pretty sure Testlandia is Max Barry.
Hi!
Yatzatz is a tropical North Pacific nation. RP population is about 25 million.
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:45 am

All I can say is, if the real Max Barry has seen this page, he's probably burst out laughing.

I think someone here said that Max used to have Maxtopia, but stopped playing on it after he kept getting flooded with telegrams.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
CANONICAL CHANGE: Wyatt is now 29, not 19.
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

Seraven
Senator

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:49 am

Ludina wrote:How do we know he is real? How do we know he isn't just our imagination? I am a Nasist.

He has his own site.

His own face.

His own novels.

His everything.
Copper can change as its quality went down.
Gold can't change, for its quality never went down.
The Alma Mater wrote:
Seraven wrote:I know right! Whites enslaved the natives, they killed them, they converted them forcibly, they acted like a better human beings than the Muslims.

An excellent example of why allowing unrestricted immigration of people with a very different culture might not be the best idea ever :P

Lautrec-
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lautrec- » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:38 am

Seraven wrote:
Ludina wrote:How do we know he is real? How do we know he isn't just our imagination? I am a Nasist.

He has his own site.

His own face.

His own novels.

His everything.

Could still be an AI with a human avatar.

Actually he may be watching all of us simultaneously as we post in NS forums

Max you are awesome don't kill me pls
Greek, social democrat, atheist.

Political compass

Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

General description: In short, it's a human, FTL, space-faring civilization. Think of Halo's UNSC
RP population: About 500 million, spread throughout many space colonies. Some have more, some less
Civilization index: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p29724780

Hey Dark Souls players. Want to extinguish a bonfire? Get rid of a troublesome firekeeper? Don't hesitate to make the call. Me and my squad will take care of it in no time at the low price of a firekeeper soul.

The First Nation of NationStates
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 13, 2002
Ex-Nation

Postby The First Nation of NationStates » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:53 am

Valrifell wrote:
Arctica-Aleutia wrote:If Max Barry DOES have a nation, he's probably finding it hard to resist posting on this thread to mess with people.

Hm...

We're going to lead an intense search and cross-reference grammatical patterns and style of writing as well as sense of humor in every post in this thread with the news posts from the few years.

This thread was your undoing Max! Do you hear me? Your undoing!

Like hell it'll be my undoing...

...his undoing. Like hell it'll be his undoing. That's what I said. Yup.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:59 am

Australian Republic wrote:It can't be Yumyum. If it were, he would have either been modded long before he was, or not at all
There was a really long time when he wasn't mod

A more innocent time. I remember it fondly.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:17 am

Australian Republic wrote:It can't be Yumyum. If it were, he would have either been modded long before he was, or not at all

He started in 2012, and was modded in 2016.

Try 2002 (me) or 2003 (Mouse) until 2013 (me) or 2014 (Mouse).
The Blaatschapen should resign

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:33 am

I remember my former nation of Barringtonia was touted as his nation occasionally - posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&p=4449293

I'm sure it's not a regular Mod, I'm sure it's not anyone that could be guessed, it certainly wasn't Barringtonia.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:35 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:

I think Yum had another nation before 2012.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:49 am

USS Monitor wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

I think Yum had another nation before 2012.

I did.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:12 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:

Or me, 2003 to 2015.

HMS Swiftsure
Attaché

Founded: Nov 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby HMS Swiftsure » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:45 am

Not this one, I promise.
HMS SWIFTSURE (S126)
NationStates' resident Cold War era nuclear fleet attack submarine since 1973.
Founder of the Mighty Machines region.
Displacement: 4900 t
Length: 82.9 m
Speed: 20 knots
Crew: 116
Armament: 5 torpedo tubes
My identity is a submarine. Deal with it.

Havenburghe
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Havenburghe » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:48 am

Our god and savior Mad Max Berry is looking down upon us... and thinks were all idiots.

Proud Citizen of Institute of Cellulose
I do not use NS stats. And this nation does not represent my RL views.
We live scars,
White Knuckles,
And no regrets.

Broken bones and bodies
We refuse to quit

With Graveyard Shifts
We never miss

Hard work, perseverance, dedication
Things we will never forget

Fearless and Peerless
Unstoppable, Undefeated, Unbroken

Victory never takes a Vacation
We take action, and pride in the Unspoken

Havenburghe.

#SheWarnedUs

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:20 pm

Seriously though, I have actually found Max Barry's presence on other non-NationStates related websites

Seinlo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:26 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Seriously though, I have actually found Max Barry's presence on other non-NationStates related websites

You are Max Barry.

And, yrah, big surprise. He uses the Internet. :p
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:33 pm

Seinlo wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:Seriously though, I have actually found Max Barry's presence on other non-NationStates related websites

You are Max Barry.

What I'm trying to say is that there are websites where Max has accounts. It's easy to create an account on these websites and contact Max through that. There's even a website where they have a whole discussion about NationStates and Max Barry himself has written in it
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Australian Republic wrote:
Seinlo wrote:You are Max Barry.

What I'm trying to say is that there are websites where Max has accounts. It's easy to create an account on these websites and contact Max through that. There's even a website where they have a whole discussion about NationStates and Max Barry himself has written in it

Or it's someone claiming tobe Max Barry.

Like I claim you are Max Barry.
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:37 pm

Seinlo wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:What I'm trying to say is that there are websites where Max has accounts. It's easy to create an account on these websites and contact Max through that. There's even a website where they have a whole discussion about NationStates and Max Barry himself has written in it

Or it's someone claiming tobe Max Barry.

Like I claim you are Max Barry.

No, because Max was identified by a different user, not himself, in a website which doesn't have the slightest to do with NationStates
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:46 pm

Okay, two websites.
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreatestBanks
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby GreatestBanks » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:48 pm

No, I'm Max Barry.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Political Spectrum
Right: 0.63
Authoritarian: 2.62
Foreign Policy: 6.57(Neo-Conservative)
Culture: 7.17 (Conservative)

♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
Notice: I use NS Stats for everything other than population and GDP.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General