NATION

PASSWORD

The Future for Homosexuality

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial Union of America
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:40 am

Salandriagado wrote:
Imperial Union of America wrote:
I have a very high amount of respect for the asexual, they have reached a level of morality and detachment that most humans will never attain. Without the strains or distractions of 'romance' and sex. They are of a higher order, in my opinion.

Two points:

1) Asexual =/= Aromantic.

2) This is utter and complete bollocks. I'm emotionally attached to any number of people. I just don't have any desire to stick my penis in them.

There's nothing wrong with emotional attachment. or even romance i suppose.

But i still see being asexual as a higher order. something that should be attained and those that are naturally asexual are very lucky, indeed. they have obtained a level of morality, thinking and action that some people go their whole lives without.
I'm a Fascist and i believe the constitution should be suspended. All enemies of the state should be rounded up and permanently deported.

"But perhaps I am partial to the complexion of my Country, for such kind of partiality is natural to Mankind." - Benjamin Franklin

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:41 am

Salandriagado wrote:
Two points:

1) Asexual =/= Aromantic.

2) This is utter and complete bollocks. I'm emotionally attached to any number of people. I just don't have any desire to stick my penis in them.

But i still see being asexual as a higher order. something that should be attained and those that are naturally asexual are very lucky, indeed. they have obtained a level of morality, thinking and action that some people go their whole lives without.

No, no I haven't. I just don't want to stick my penis in stuff. On top of that, my attitude towards sex is pretty much identical to that of any eight year old, only somewhat better informed about what it is.
Last edited by Salandriagado on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Killdash
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:42 am

Gages Icelandic Army wrote:
Imperial Union of America wrote:Yes, all people are heterosexual unless they choose to have sex with the opposite sex.

The desire to have sex is brought out by a stimulus. There are men who's body is sexually aroused by other men. This reaction doesn't require conscious thinking or even a quick realization of what is happening. Their body just responds that way. You can't think your way into being sexually interested. You can only expose your mind to think that will stimulate its desire for sex.

This is true as well. Have you ever looked at a girl, and then been "Listen self, it's time to fire up the sex drive, guess nows as good a time as any". No, I don't think you have. You just "felt" attracted.
How do you take your tea?: Seriously, very seriously.
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch
Roguishly good looking gentleman
Nationstates premier assassin for hire
For a small fee, of course.
5th spouse of Kannap (for 48 hours, but still counts)

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:43 am

Salandriagado wrote:

No, no I haven't. I just don't want to stick my penis in stuff. On top of that, my attitude towards sex is pretty much identical to that of any eight year old, only somewhat better informed about what it is.

That's wonderful, i think you're very lucky indeed. Trust me, you're not missing out on anything and you're probably live much better, morally speaking.
I'm a Fascist and i believe the constitution should be suspended. All enemies of the state should be rounded up and permanently deported.

"But perhaps I am partial to the complexion of my Country, for such kind of partiality is natural to Mankind." - Benjamin Franklin

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:44 am

Killdash wrote:
Gages Icelandic Army wrote:The desire to have sex is brought out by a stimulus. There are men who's body is sexually aroused by other men. This reaction doesn't require conscious thinking or even a quick realization of what is happening. Their body just responds that way. You can't think your way into being sexually interested. You can only expose your mind to think that will stimulate its desire for sex.

This is true as well. Have you ever looked at a girl, and then been "Listen self, it's time to fire up the sex drive, guess nows as good a time as any". No, I don't think you have. You just "felt" attracted.

I don't see how there's a distinction.

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:44 am

Great Kauthar wrote:
Killdash wrote:the op

You don't develop sexual hormones until you hit puberty and as much as I like the idea of a heterogenous society, no, this isn't possible.

Ah, yes, back to topic.

Well, it's pretty widely thought that there is a genetic basis for homosexuality. Even adding on such things such as brain states in pregnancy, and environmental cues during pregnancy, I think you come out of that womb with your sexuality pretty much decided.
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:45 am

Salandriagado wrote:

That's wonderful, i think you're very lucky indeed. Trust me, you're not missing out on anything and you're probably live much better, morally speaking.

You're missing out on alot actually, and morality has nothing to do with it.

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:45 am

Genivaria wrote:
Killdash wrote:

I don't see how there's a distinction.

Between what?
Auremenas bitch

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:47 am

Genivaria wrote:

You're missing out on alot actually, and morality has nothing to do with it.

Not really, like what? if you're not interested or don't enjoy sex, you're not missing out on a lot. From my point of view, sex has been more trouble than it's worth. It's distracting, for one. secondly, it has a mind of it's own sometimes. Three, women are annoying as fuck and i don't want anything to do with(80%) of them.

A sex drive is a curse.

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:48 am

Also, (I'm guilty here as well) I think we're straying slightly off topic...
Auremenas bitch

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:48 am

Genivaria wrote:You're missing out on alot actually, and morality has nothing to do with it.

Not really, like what? if you're not interested or don't enjoy sex, you're not missing out on a lot. From my point of view, sex has been more trouble than it's worth. It's distracting, for one. secondly, it has a mind of it's own sometimes. Three, women are annoying as fuck and i don't want anything to do with(80%) of them.

A sex drive is a curse.

That sounds remarkably like and admission that your sexuality is not a choice.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:53 am

Genivaria wrote:You're missing out on alot actually, and morality has nothing to do with it.

A sex drive is a curse.

That's your opinion. I for one love it! #slutpride
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Evacillian
Envoy

Founded: Nov 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Evacillian » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:10 am

Killdash wrote:Also, (I'm guilty here as well) I think we're straying slightly off topic...

I don't think anybody cares...no offense. But in response- I think it would be morally unethical to change what your child may be, think, or look like unless it is a detrimental health issue
Political Stats Reflects Evacillian- Does Not Reflect User
POLITICS of Evacillian: Social Liberalism
Politiscale Attributes: WorkOrderLiberty
[b]Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Power Ranking by Destructive Government Economic System: 7/10 - Really powerful nation. They can put up with an invasion by North Korea, possibly overpower them, and maybe even annex their nation. "...technological and magical advantage... a force to be reckoned with..."
Democracy and Freedom Index by Plaetopia: 5.57/10 - Partly Free
Gender Equality Rating by South Shellfort: Equal
Desmos Calculator for NS by N?A: 4.5,-3.5
Neutral Good
http://www.fanfiction.net~scarpool
Fandoms are LIFE

Gages Icelandic Army
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gages Icelandic Army » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:18 am

Evacillian wrote:
Killdash wrote:Also, (I'm guilty here as well) I think we're straying slightly off topic...

I don't think anybody cares...no offense. But in response- I think it would be morally unethical to change what your child may be, think, or look like unless it is a detrimental health issue

I would go as far as to say minor health issues as well.

Evacillian
Envoy

Founded: Nov 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Evacillian » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:33 am

Thermodolia wrote:That's your opinion. I for one love it! #slutpride

Lol same
Political Stats Reflects Evacillian- Does Not Reflect User
POLITICS of Evacillian: Social Liberalism
Politiscale Attributes: WorkOrderLiberty
[b]Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Power Ranking by Destructive Government Economic System: 7/10 - Really powerful nation. They can put up with an invasion by North Korea, possibly overpower them, and maybe even annex their nation. "...technological and magical advantage... a force to be reckoned with..."
Democracy and Freedom Index by Plaetopia: 5.57/10 - Partly Free
Gender Equality Rating by South Shellfort: Equal
Desmos Calculator for NS by N?A: 4.5,-3.5
Neutral Good
http://www.fanfiction.net~scarpool
Fandoms are LIFE

Gages Icelandic Army
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gages Icelandic Army » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:13 pm

Somebody say something controversial. :?:

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

A sex drive is a curse.

That's your opinion. I for one love it! #slutpride

It IS very fun.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:11 pm

Epidemic X wrote:jk i just think its a little odd right.or u cant get a gf is probaly why

Epidemic X wrote:Kill gays :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

*** Warned for trolling ***

Anybody who has drifted off-topic, now would be a good time to get back on topic.
Last edited by USS Monitor on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Evacillian wrote:

What's your reasoning?
Auremenas bitch

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:42 pm

Killdash wrote:
Evacillian wrote:

What's your reasoning?

Changing one's sexuality implies that there is something wrong or undesirable with the sexuality being changed. Why fix something that isn't broken?
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Union of America » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Arcturus Novus wrote:
Killdash wrote:

What's your reasoning?

Changing one's sexuality implies that there is something wrong or undesirable with the sexuality being changed. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Does having a sex change imply there is something wrong with your gender?

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Arcturus Novus wrote:Changing one's sexuality implies that there is something wrong or undesirable with the sexuality being changed. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Does having a sex change imply there is something wrong with your gender?

Involuntary sex changes would certainly be unethical.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Kinubanza
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinubanza » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:07 pm

The technology should not be banned, but the choice should be the individual's to make, not by the parents before birth.
Australian shitposter, drifting vaguely between classic Liberalism and Toryism. Very insightful video - must watch

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Arcturus Novus wrote:
Killdash wrote:

What's your reasoning?

Well, if it's indeed a genetic thing, and it can be edited out of the genome, why wouldn't you do it?
Auremenas bitch

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:11 pm

Kinubanza wrote:The technology should not be banned, but the choice should be the individual's to make, not by the parents before birth.

This seems reasonable, on the surface. But if the parents made the decision, there's never be a conflict. You'd be born that way, and as if such, you'd never "remember" anything different.

It's a little bit like withholding an Aspergers gene replacement til adulthood just to see whether the child will make that decision, even though the parents could have spared the whole shebang and that person will never have to make that choice, and won't even regret it.
Auremenas bitch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General