NATION

PASSWORD

Julian Assange's Internet Intentionally Cut Out

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:55 am

Grenartia wrote:Russia's covert mouthpiece has been cut off, you say? I find it hard to conjure up any sympathy.
Big Jim P wrote:
:rofl: When you have something substantial, please feel free to try again.

Trump would most likely literally launch every nuke we own at the first world leader to mock his shitty toupee. For fucks' sake, the guy can't even handle being mocked by SNL without throwing a minor temper tantrum.

Shall we speculate on what hillary would likely do? :rofl:
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 am

Hesse Darmstadt wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Because Russia is actually doing those things.

When was the last time Wikileaks pointed out human rights abuses by Russia? When was the last time Wikileaks hacked into Russia's politicians' emails to prove they're corrupt? When was the last time Wikileaks did anything critical of Russia?

Based on that evidence alone, I can reasonably conclude Wikileaks is just a propaganda outlet for Putin.

Assange doesn't work for the Russians though, there is no proof.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Big Jim P wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Russia's covert mouthpiece has been cut off, you say? I find it hard to conjure up any sympathy.

Trump would most likely literally launch every nuke we own at the first world leader to mock his shitty toupee. For fucks' sake, the guy can't even handle being mocked by SNL without throwing a minor temper tantrum.

Keep a cool head and undermine them through legitimate policy decisions. You don't see Hillary tweeting at 3am how Fox News should have its FCC license cut up and burned.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:01 am

Big Jim P wrote:

We know exactly what she'll probably do. She'll continue the established program in much the same way as it's been followed for the last eight years.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:02 am

Grenartia wrote:
Hesse Darmstadt wrote:Assange doesn't work for the Russians though, there is no proof.

Big Jim P wrote:

Keep a cool head and undermine them through legitimate policy decisions. You don't see Hillary tweeting at 3am how Fox News should have its FCC license cut up and burned.

More likely she will let in unvetted Syrian refugees despite the threat of terrorism, all the while attempting to disarm the American populace.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:03 am

Salandriagado wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:

We know exactly what she'll probably do. She'll continue the established program in much the same way as it's been followed for the last eight years.

Which has proven itself to not be a redeeming quality. Failure often isn't. ;)
Hail Satan!

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:04 am

Grenartia wrote:
Hesse Darmstadt wrote:Assange doesn't work for the Russians though, there is no proof.

Except where hillaries concerned. right? :rofl:
Hail Satan!

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:05 am

New Werpland wrote:

Accepting money from foreigners =/= being influenced by them.
It doesn't really matter if it does or does not. In a society where transparent government is seen as desirable, but current evidence shows it is not put into practice, the possibility of being influenced is enough to raise questions and concern.

Normally I'd say thats its the job of the fourth estate; to keep the second and first accountable and the third informed. Sadly the press is failing to do it's job, and wikileaks is filling the void - I'm not the only one to hold that belief.
Last edited by Hirota on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Implacable Death
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Implacable Death » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:06 am

Big Jim P wrote:
:rofl: When you have something substantial, please feel free to try again.

Dude. He doesn't have a toupet. Get with the times.
Okay so apparently these days it's hot and happening to show your gender.
I am MALE. WTF is cis? I am MALE. I like to belch and laugh at fart jokes.

Oh, by the way: gender and sex are the same thing. They are part of a binary system.
Transgenderism is not supported by scientific evidence.

The greatest evils of our day: islamism, liberalism, George Soros

How can you accuse me of evil? Though these deeds be unsavory, no one will argue: good shall follow from them.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:16 am

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:20 am

Forgive me for lacking any sympathy. Beyond that, I don't see any evidence that such was done (if at all) by a 'state actor'. If he's really lost internet, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Deamonopolis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Deamonopolis » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:26 am

Crap, better report myself to the police then

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:29 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

1. More likely she will let in unvetted Syrian refugees 2. despite the threat of terrorism, 3. all the while attempting to disarm the American populace.

1. We don't even do that now.
2. Please, tell me all about these hordes of "unvetted" "terrorist" refugees. :roll:
3. Only if you think of "common sense gun reform that the NRA formerly backed, and which over 90% of Americans support" as "disarming".
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:32 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Anything you have on Hillary is a candle. Whereas the Trump-Putin-Assange alliance is like a big fucking forest fire in your back yard.

If you're more worried that your house will be burned down by the candle tipping over, than by the literal forest fire bearing down on your house, then you have skewed priorities.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:33 am

Implacable Death wrote:

Dude. He doesn't have a toupet. Get with the times.

Whatever you call that shit on his head, its not naturally-growing hair.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:34 am

Grenartia wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
1. More likely she will let in unvetted Syrian refugees 2. despite the threat of terrorism, 3. all the while attempting to disarm the American populace.

2. Please, tell me all about these hordes of "unvetted" "terrorist" refugees. :roll:
3. Only if you think of "common sense gun reform that the NRA formerly backed, and which over 90% of Americans support" as "disarming".

I think it's more confusing how 'regulated' means 'disarmed'.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:39 am

Grenartia wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:

We don't fight nuclear wars either. Like I said, some substantive redeeming quality from clinton, instead of baseless speculation. I'll try not to get too bored waiting.
Hail Satan!

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:39 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I think it's more confusing how 'regulated' means 'disarmed'.

Because anyone who doesn't support total deregulation is a gun grabber. Duh.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:42 am

Grenartia wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:

Anything you have on Hillary is a candle. Whereas the Trump-Putin-Assange alliance is like a big fucking forest fire in your back yard.

If you're more worried that your house will be burned down by the candle tipping over, than by the literal forest fire bearing down on your house, then you have skewed priorities.

Leftists were certainly singing a different tune until Assange started exposing THEIR sacred cows corruption. :rofl:
Hail Satan!

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:42 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

We don't fight nuclear wars either. Like I said, some substantive redeeming quality from clinton, instead of baseless speculation. I'll try not to get too bored waiting.

She's not orange. Bored now?

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:44 am

The Portland Territory wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
So you support a foreign power trying to influence US elections then?

If he is not part of a foreign government, then yes. He's releasing useful information that the voters should know about

I wonder if you said this back when WikiLeaks released documents on the Iraq War.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:44 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:

She should be wearing orange. :rofl:
Hail Satan!

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:45 am

The Portland Territory wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
So you support a foreign power trying to influence US elections then?

If he is not part of a foreign government, then yes. He's releasing useful information that the voters should know about

So why are they only releasing information on the Democrats? If they truly claim to be non-partisan they should be dishing dirt on the Republicans too.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:45 am

Hittanryan wrote:
The Portland Territory wrote:If he is not part of a foreign government, then yes. He's releasing useful information that the voters should know about

I wonder if you said this back when WikiLeaks released documents on the Iraq War.

I don't recall the leftists crying about him back then. Wrong sacred cow. My bad.
Hail Satan!

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:48 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:I wonder if you said this back when WikiLeaks released documents on the Iraq War.

I don't recall the leftists crying about him back then. Wrong sacred cow. My bad.

Did you? I seem to recall the right wing calling for Assange's assassination back then.

It's almost as though Assange has always had an agenda of his own and isn't the paragon of journalistic integrity he's always claimed to be.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:49 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

She should be wearing orange. :rofl:

Paranoia and obnoxious smilies aside -- the problem with trying to take that seriously, is the fact she isn't, and wasn't convicted of anything. Doing something stupid, perhaps, but that's not a crime -- if it were, over half the country would be sitting in a cell.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General