NATION

PASSWORD

Disney Pulls Costume - "Cultural Misappropriation"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Augusta Pinochet
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Augusta Pinochet » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:11 am

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:
We demand a greater arena to ride our white horses and shining armour in aid of the oppressed.

Next stop . . . Nanoaggressions

The billions of nanoaggressions that one white person can commit just in the action of moving is astounding.

I am a walking macro-aggression, emitting countless of micro and nano-aggressions with every move I do.

And you know what? I love it.
This nation does not reflect my personal views.

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:12 am

Augusta Pinochet wrote:
FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
The billions of nanoaggressions that one white person can commit just in the action of moving is astounding.

I am a walking macro-aggression, emitting countless of micro and nano-aggressions with every move I do.

And you know what? I love it.

Perfect.

Tananat
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tananat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:12 am

Oh hey, its the part of the thread where the anti-SJW try hards start to circlejerk.

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:14 am

Tananat wrote:Oh hey, its the part of the thread where the anti-SJW try hards start to circlejerk.

No it happens to be a joke, they make others laugh.
Last edited by FelrikTheDeleted on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:46 am

Tananat wrote:Oh hey, its the part of the thread where the anti-SJW try hards start to circlejerk.

'Sight' I guess the Patriarchy wins again . . .
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:46 am

Tananat wrote:Oh hey, its the part of the thread where the anti-SJW try hards start to circlejerk.take the piss out of SJWs.

That is what you should have said.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

The Texan Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Texan Union » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:15 pm

Uiiop wrote:
The Texan Union wrote:But aren't dresses like Elsa's European in origin? If so, wouldn't that mean that anyone who isn't white wearing a dress like that would be part of this "cultural misappropriation"?

The issue is not the dress it's the skin paint.

I think you'll find that I asked about the dress, bud. I couldn't care less about skin paint.
Uiiop wrote:
The Texan Union wrote:*whispering* That's because you're not an oversensitive prick. ;)

Or that you're in a culture that doesn't associate this type of makeup with hate because people back then actually do that. But screw nuance.

But since you insist...

Are you saying that white face-paint wouldn't be racist because it hasn't been used by colored people in a racist way? If so, that's fucking dumb. If someone intends for something to be racist, it is, if they don't intend it that way, then it isn't racist.

Even if a black person applied white face-paint in order to portray white people in a racist way, we wouldn't get offended, because there's no point. Anyone who isn't a total wuss wouldn't be bothered by something like blackface or white face-paint, because it's recognized by everyone else as horrendously stupid. And if you are offended by someone who would be acknowledged worldwide as incorrect, then you need to grow a thicker skin.

Regardless, face-paint isn't the topic of this thread. Cultural "misappropriation" is. Thus, the dress is important, as it's tied to the culture of the land it came from. Face-paint is just face-paint.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson

Pro: Human Decency, Books, Movies, The X-Files, Art, Science, Liberty, Happiness, and Astronomy.
Anti: Abortion (Exceptions to this), U.N., E.U., N.A.T.O., The Walking Dead, Extremism, Idiocy (Feminism), and Doubt.

I'm a 16-year-old Caucasian male from Texas. I'm a non-denominational Christian. INFJ personality type. Brownish-blonde hair, blue eyes. I love to read. Politically annoyed. Possible insomniac. Fear of doctors. I hate physical interaction, unless it's with someone I know pretty well. I love rainy days and clear nights. That's about it.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:20 pm

The Texan Union wrote:
Uiiop wrote:The issue is not the dress it's the skin paint.

I think you'll find that I asked about the dress, bud. I couldn't care less about skin paint.
Uiiop wrote:
Or that you're in a culture that doesn't associate this type of makeup with hate because people back then actually do that. But screw nuance.

But since you insist...

Are you saying that white face-paint wouldn't be racist because it hasn't been used by colored people in a racist way? If so, that's fucking dumb. If someone intends for something to be racist, it is, if they don't intend it that way, then it isn't racist.

Even if a black person applied white face-paint in order to portray white people in a racist way, we wouldn't get offended, because there's no point. Anyone who isn't a total wuss wouldn't be bothered by something like blackface or white face-paint, because it's recognized by everyone else as horrendously stupid. And if you are offended by someone who would be acknowledged worldwide as incorrect, then you need to grow a thicker skin.

Regardless, face-paint isn't the topic of this thread. Cultural "misappropriation" is. Thus, the dress is important, as it's tied to the culture of the land it came from. Face-paint is just face-paint.

Then in that case what's the point of asking about the dress about someone who only cares for the skin even in the very thing you quoted?

and no i was explaining the source of the perception...not that it's actually the case. Since "Polyface" was used by the critics it's something relevant to talk about.

And why does something everyone agrees is stupid means it's wrong to feel upset about. Since most people agree murder is dumb yet it's alright to be offeneded by it. There are some key differences but definitely not what you just said.
#NSTransparency

Otchitocha
Attaché

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Otchitocha » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:28 pm

lmao
In Dixie's Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin'.
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land!

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:20 pm

Otchitocha wrote:lmao

Tbh threads like these are absolutely laughable.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General