NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
45%

Total votes : 29

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:I hope they fucking fire Kubiak for this. Sits on his ass, and loses the division lead. Fuckhead.

Are you ridiculous? You are calling for a guy's resignation for his health issues, which wasn't something controllable. Besides, this guy had some history of health issues in past.

It's better to have him miss a game and do not suffer in long term than miss multiple later in the season, causing them to suffer in last stretch of the season.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:38 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Denver OL may be the most undisciplined OL I've ever watched this year.....that already negated like a TD and a possible FG, making this game an entirely different thing. Elway will have to draft OL this upcoming draft or else they'll just waste the remaining years of this defence. Also like 80 yards of penalties, which is just WTF.

Luminesa wrote:Brees throws to at least seven people a game, I know that for sure. :lol:

And he's Drew Brees :P Just like all the top-tier QBs back in the day, of Brady, Manning, etc....

He is Drew Brees. And I love him for it. XD
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:42 pm

San Diego won, 21-13, in spite of very scary spells when they looked pretty much dead on offence for 4th Q. Maybe Denver O should've stepped up lot earlier.

Luminesa wrote:
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Denver OL may be the most undisciplined OL I've ever watched this year.....that already negated like a TD and a possible FG, making this game an entirely different thing. Elway will have to draft OL this upcoming draft or else they'll just waste the remaining years of this defence. Also like 80 yards of penalties, which is just WTF.

And he's Drew Brees :P Just like all the top-tier QBs back in the day, of Brady, Manning, etc....

He is Drew Brees. And I love him for it. XD

As a Denver and Pittsburgh fan, I have to agree with the love of our own QBs :P Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning.....good times. It's also a huge privilege to watch some great QBs in our times as well, like Brady, Rodgers, Eli Manning and Rivers.

As a fan of the game, 2000s-10s good times.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:46 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:San Diego won, 21-13, in spite of very scary spells when they looked pretty much dead on offence for 4th Q. Maybe Denver O should've stepped up lot earlier.

Luminesa wrote:He is Drew Brees. And I love him for it. XD

As a Denver and Pittsburgh fan, I have to agree with the love of our own QBs :P Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning.....good times. It's also a huge privilege to watch some great QBs in our times as well, like Brady, Rodgers, Eli Manning and Rivers.

Not a Steelers fan, but watching Big Ben chuck it is beautiful. XD
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Luminesa wrote:
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:San Diego won, 21-13, in spite of very scary spells when they looked pretty much dead on offence for 4th Q. Maybe Denver O should've stepped up lot earlier.

Not a Steelers fan, but watching Big Ben chuck it is beautiful. XD

Not to mention Antonio Brown's deep catches and recent TD celebrations <3 <3 <3 Dayum they look dopey.

Now that I'm looking at the game, I gotta point out that there were awful lot of penalties headed the Denver's way. Lot of those were quite questionable ones, especially the ones against defence, while San Diego got away with a lot. Calling 1,093 penalties to kill most momentum....yeah, horrible reffing today (just today, didn't have qualms with the other games I've watched so far this year).

Now, the other half of penalties were just horrible ones by OL. How the fucking hell do you not know basic stuff???????????
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:50 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I hope they fucking fire Kubiak for this. Sits on his ass, and loses the division lead. Fuckhead.

Are you ridiculous? You are calling for a guy's resignation for his health issues, which wasn't something controllable. Besides, this guy had some history of health issues in past.

It's better to have him miss a game and do not suffer in long term than miss multiple later in the season, causing them to suffer in last stretch of the season.

Not resignation. FIRING. Shitcanned. Pink-slipped. He wusses out over a headache, and now Oakland has the division lead. Fuck him.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:55 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Are you ridiculous? You are calling for a guy's resignation for his health issues, which wasn't something controllable. Besides, this guy had some history of health issues in past.

Not resignation. FIRING. Shitcanned. Pink-slipped. He wusses out over a headache, and now Oakland has the division lead. Fuck him.

Dude, you are now losing your head. Elway's not going to fire a very experienced coach who's managed the game very well and did lead his team to Super Bowl, and a very good 4-0 start. A loss to Atlanta just happened to be that the defence was not focused at all and OL going WTF in depth and talent......which is more to do with Elway not filling the positions on need than anything. Go ask Dak, Zeke and Dez on the importance of O-line for that. Not even coaching decently could save them and Kubiak's better at coaching QBs / his bread and butter (the running game) anyway.

Now....I didn't expect Denver to be a Super Bowl contender this season, especially after how much talent (including Peyton Manning) we lost offseason. I didn't expect Denver to have a 4-0 start, nor starting Paxton at all nor fixing their issues on offence with poor OL and running game. Tamper your expectations man.....

Also, who knows? KC might beat Oakland and they have good chances at doing that after they took a week off practicing. Don't be impatient, because it's only 1/3rd of the season right now. KC looked horrible the first half last season and then BOOM!, they came so close to threatening Denver for AFC West title.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:01 pm

Of course I'm losing my head! The head coach bullshits a week off, and Simien plays like a goddamn middle school JV QB. Fuck the both of them. I want Kubiak gone.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:10 pm

With that being said......Imma head out to watch some Antonio Brown TD celebrations to clear my brain of the disgusting stuff both teams displayed :P

Ameriganastan wrote:Of course I'm losing my head! The head coach bullshits a week off, and Simien plays like a goddamn middle school JV QB. Fuck the both of them. I want Kubiak gone.

Well...however 1,093 times you wish, you won't be getting that :p

I just wish Coach Kubiak to be back in best of conditions.

Happy 420 Friends!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:15 pm

Yes, wish he gets over a frigging headache he had 3 days ago.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:50 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Of course I'm losing my head! The head coach bullshits a week off, and Simien plays like a goddamn middle school JV QB. Fuck the both of them. I want Kubiak gone.

So you want to get rid of a high quality head coach, because he needed some time to get over a serious medical condition? Look, I don't care if you don't do sympathy, you obviously have never had a bad migraine, because if you had, you wouldn't be belittling it as "Just a headache." Your team didn't play well, but being coached by a guy who can't even look up because the freaking lights are piercing his freaking skull would have helped absolutely no one. The noise of the crowd would have left him completely unable to function. But if you want someone in that condition to simply man up and coach, then have fun playing without a functional coach. I'm sure that will go much better for you :roll:
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:12 am

Enough with this 'serious medical condition' jibber-jabber. He had a headache. It's be like going to the doctor cause you stubbed your frigging toe. And now the goddamn Raiders are leading the division. THE RAIDERS. Kubiak is dead to me.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Enough with this 'serious medical condition' jibber-jabber. He had a headache. It's be like going to the doctor cause you stubbed your frigging toe. And now the goddamn Raiders are leading the division. THE RAIDERS. Kubiak is dead to me.

Comparing a headache to a migraine is like comparing a stubbed toe to a torn ACL. You don't know what you're talking about here, and it's rather obvious.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:22 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Enough with this 'serious medical condition' jibber-jabber. He had a headache. It's be like going to the doctor cause you stubbed your frigging toe. And now the goddamn Raiders are leading the division. THE RAIDERS. Kubiak is dead to me.

Comparing a headache to a migraine is like comparing a stubbed toe to a torn ACL. You don't know what you're talking about here, and it's rather obvious.

I think I might. Cause these BS excuse you people keep making for him are close to giving me one. Hell, during the game, his frigging son said his lazy ass was watching the game. Seems like he was plenty recovered to me. But no, he stays out, leaves Assistant Coach Shithead in charge, and we lose the division lead. He's a schmuck.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:33 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Comparing a headache to a migraine is like comparing a stubbed toe to a torn ACL. You don't know what you're talking about here, and it's rather obvious.

I think I might. Cause these BS excuse you people keep making for him are close to giving me one. Hell, during the game, his frigging son said his lazy ass was watching the game. Seems like he was plenty recovered to me. But no, he stays out, leaves Assistant Coach Shithead in charge, and we lose the division lead. He's a schmuck.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. I kinda wish Elway was this reactionary. That way Assistant Coach ShitheadTM could take over for the remainder of the season. It would make the AFC that much easier to win with Denver out of the picture.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:38 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Comparing a headache to a migraine is like comparing a stubbed toe to a torn ACL. You don't know what you're talking about here, and it's rather obvious.

Throwing coaches under the bus? :P

You can still watch the game while trying to recover. Doesn't mean that one's condition will be sufficient to coach a goddamn game in front of 50,000+ people.

Idzequitch wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I think I might. Cause these BS excuse you people keep making for him are close to giving me one. Hell, during the game, his frigging son said his lazy ass was watching the game. Seems like he was plenty recovered to me. But no, he stays out, leaves Assistant Coach Shithead in charge, and we lose the division lead. He's a schmuck.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. I kinda wish Elway was this reactionary. That way Assistant Coach ShitheadTM could take over for the remainder of the season. It would make the AFC that much easier to win with Denver out of the picture.

Dude, my first team is Broncos :o

Such a shame Denver and Pittsburgh aren't playing each other this season. Really wanted to see the rematch happening.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:40 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I think I might. Cause these BS excuse you people keep making for him are close to giving me one. Hell, during the game, his frigging son said his lazy ass was watching the game. Seems like he was plenty recovered to me. But no, he stays out, leaves Assistant Coach Shithead in charge, and we lose the division lead. He's a schmuck.

Good. Cause you had no argument in the first place.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:46 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I'm not going to argue with you anymore. I kinda wish Elway was this reactionary. That way Assistant Coach ShitheadTM could take over for the remainder of the season. It would make the AFC that much easier to win with Denver out of the picture.

Good. Cause you had no argument in the first place.

You're the one making ludicrous claims and suggestions here.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 am

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:

Throwing coaches under the bus? :P

You can still watch the game while trying to recover. Doesn't mean that one's condition will be sufficient to coach a goddamn game in front of 50,000+ people.

Idzequitch wrote:I'm not going to argue with you anymore. I kinda wish Elway was this reactionary. That way Assistant Coach ShitheadTM could take over for the remainder of the season. It would make the AFC that much easier to win with Denver out of the picture.

Such a shame Denver and Pittsburgh aren't playing each other this season. Really wanted to see the rematch happening.

Okay. For your sake, I'll wish no ill will on the Broncos. :p
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:59 am

Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:03 am

Idzequitch wrote:
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Throwing coaches under the bus? :P

Okay. For your sake, I'll wish no ill will on the Broncos. :p

Bettis <3 Thank god Big Ben and Hines Ward (my all-time favourite WR, and Antonio might reach there soon) got him the ring.

My dream AFC Championship matchup would be Denver vs. Pittsburgh @ Denver. Why @ Denver? Because of latitude, air game would work lot better for QBs, meaning that we'll get to see the true epic battle in who may win : age-defying Roethlisberger and twerking Antonio Brown OR chicken farming, mad dancing Von Miller and feisty Aqib Talib? :D
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:03 am

Does it make your head hurt? Then it's a headache. End of story.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:10 am

Ameriganastan wrote:

Does it make your head hurt? Then it's a headache. End of story.

With an added bonus of nausea, vomiting, extreme light sensitivity, and extreme sound sensitivity. Note that I didn't say it wasn't a headache. It's not just a headache. There's more to it that makes it even more impossible to function than the already crippling head pain.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:14 am

This is me leaving this conversation, cause I'm quite frankly tired of it.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:21 am

Ameriganastan wrote:This is me leaving this conversation, cause I'm quite frankly tired of it.
(Image)

I suppose this is my opportunity to make a snide comment.

Eh, not worth it. Moving on to a better topic.

I don't think my Steelers should have any problems with Miami this week, but I'm watching for a potential upset of their neighbors in Philly.
Last edited by Idzequitch on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General