NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Thread: TET's More Like It!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Greater Orensta wrote:greetings from my tired state, please end me

Don't fall asleep in Toledo. There's tornadoes nearby. Complete destruction possible.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:25 pm

My daughter turns three today. Because it's usually not detected in time, children with her condition usually don't last three months, much less three years. Her birthdays aren't just markers on the road; they're victory celebrations, and it's all due to my wife, who was able to see that something was seriously wrong, and got her to the hospital ASAP when she was just a couple of weeks old.

I'm constantly amazed by both of them.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:My daughter turns three today. Because it's usually not detected in time, children with her condition usually don't last three months, much less three years. Her birthdays aren't just markers on the road; they're victory celebrations, and it's all due to my wife, who was able to see that something was seriously wrong, and got her to the hospital ASAP when she was just a couple of weeks old.

That's kind of a scary condition.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:My daughter turns three today. Because it's usually not detected in time, children with her condition usually don't last three months, much less three years. Her birthdays aren't just markers on the road; they're victory celebrations, and it's all due to my wife, who was able to see that something was seriously wrong, and got her to the hospital ASAP when she was just a couple of weeks old.

I'm so happy for you, that's wonderful to hear.

Out of curiosity, what is the condition?
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:29 pm

Congratulations to all three of you, having a handicapped child is a difficult but can be an incredibly rewarding experice. Your daughter is lucky to have both of you. I hope she has many many more years of happy birthdays to come.

Bless you all.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Stattr
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Awwwwwww :hug:
"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

I am a 100% authentic D&D nerd. I love me some Barbs <3

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Gurori wrote:

SMARD1, or Spinal Muscular Atrophy with Respiratory Distress 1.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:45 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Gurori wrote:

Wow, heard of all of them, never heard of a case before. It's fascinating and i'm praying that she lives to see more with her life and you and your wife see this strong child grow. :)
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:45 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Gurori wrote:

An extremely rare condition at that with only 60 or so cases reported throughout history. Few make it this long and either are dependent on ventilators or lack signs of diaphragmatic paralysis. Either way, I consider each day as a victory.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Greater Orensta
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Orensta » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:49 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:

Don't fall asleep in Toledo. There's tornadoes nearby. Complete destruction possible.

But i live in north carolina, if i fall asleep i'll be yelled at for where i piss
R.I.P
~Kurt, Layne, Scott, Chris~

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:56 pm

Greater Orensta wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Don't fall asleep in Toledo. There's tornadoes nearby. Complete destruction possible.

But i live in north carolina, if i fall asleep i'll be yelled at for where i piss

Which might suck even more than complete destruction.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:58 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

An extremely rare condition at that with only 60 or so cases reported throughout history. Few make it this long and either are dependent on ventilators or lack signs of diaphragmatic paralysis. Either way, I consider each day as a victory.

Yeah, she's trached, on a vent, has a g-tube, and has limited movement in her arms with none at all in her legs. The doctor told us, though, that there are about 200 cases out there right now. It's even enough for a Facebook group that we belong to.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:59 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:An extremely rare condition at that with only 60 or so cases reported throughout history. Few make it this long and either are dependent on ventilators or lack signs of diaphragmatic paralysis. Either way, I consider each day as a victory.

Yeah, she's trached, on a vent, has a g-tube, and has limited movement in her arms with none at all in her legs. The doctor told us, though, that there are about 200 cases out there right now. It's even enough for a Facebook group that we belong to.

You know, you all have strength I will never have.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:00 pm

Congratulations to all of you. :) :hug:
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:00 pm

Stattr wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Wow, heard of all of them, never heard of a case before. It's fascinating and i'm praying that she lives to see more with her life and you and your wife see this strong child grow. :)

The condition was identified such a short time ago, and there are so few cases known to have lived past a few months, that doctors haven't been able to give us any sort of prognosis regarding how long she's going to live. Her greatest risk doesn't come from the condition itself, but rather issues that can develop when someone has been on a vent for their entire life.

United Empire of Humanity
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Empire of Humanity » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Don't say that. I live there.
SAS is like 1/3 self hating Americans self flagellating for attention from le enlightened Europeans, 1/3 people who just like to make fun of the ridiculous shit some Americans say, while the other 1/3 are /r/latestagecapitalism tier hatred of the US. You can't even praise America for defeating imperial Japan without someone crying about muh nukes.

Bullshit

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:03 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:An extremely rare condition at that with only 60 or so cases reported throughout history. Few make it this long and either are dependent on ventilators or lack signs of diaphragmatic paralysis. Either way, I consider each day as a victory.

Are there any adults with SMARD1?
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:05 pm

A huge congratulations to you and your family. May your daughter have many birthdays ahead of her.
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:10 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Are there any adults with SMARD1?

We know of someone in their twenties. However, considering how quickly we caught this and managed to intervene with various types of physical therapy, there's no telling how long she may live. Things could go south tomorrow if she gets an infection, or she could conceivably live as long as any vent patient.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:15 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Wow, this is interesting.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:18 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Stattr wrote:Wow, heard of all of them, never heard of a case before. It's fascinating and i'm praying that she lives to see more with her life and you and your wife see this strong child grow. :)

The condition was identified such a short time ago, and there are so few cases known to have lived past a few months, that doctors haven't been able to give us any sort of prognosis regarding how long she's going to live. Her greatest risk doesn't come from the condition itself, but rather issues that can develop when someone has been on a vent for their entire life.

infections? Skin conditions?

Drown wrote:

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:19 pm

United Empire of Humanity wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Don't fall asleep in Toledo. There's tornadoes nearby. Complete destruction possible.

Don't say that. I live there.

I can't stop tornadoes. Only alert that they're coming!
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

United Empire of Humanity
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Empire of Humanity » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Good to hear your daughter is living another day, Yumyum. Thank the everything.
SAS is like 1/3 self hating Americans self flagellating for attention from le enlightened Europeans, 1/3 people who just like to make fun of the ridiculous shit some Americans say, while the other 1/3 are /r/latestagecapitalism tier hatred of the US. You can't even praise America for defeating imperial Japan without someone crying about muh nukes.

Bullshit

Greater Orensta
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Orensta » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Greater Orensta wrote:But i live in north carolina, if i fall asleep i'll be yelled at for where i piss

Which might suck even more than complete destruction.

I'd rather live somewhere where my house isn't at risk of being destroyed
R.I.P
~Kurt, Layne, Scott, Chris~

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:21 pm

Greater Orensta wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Which might suck even more than complete destruction.

I'd rather live somewhere where my house isn't at risk of being destroyed

There is no place which is entirely free of natural disasters.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads