NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread the Third

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monarchy v Republic

Monarchy
43%
Republic
57%

Total votes : 137

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:21 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:I'll repost this question before I sleep, seeing as it was drowned out by our awesome shitposting:

Question RWDT, who is your favourite Right-Wing philosopher? This may be a philosopher whom was considered Left-Wing for their time but are considered Right-Wing today. You may list a single philosopher or a list of philosophers.

Mine is John Locke, although the 'Father of Liberalism' would be considered Left-Wing in his time, he would be considered Right-Wing by today's standards, using this standard; he is my favourite *Right-Wing* philosopher who created Classical Liberalism, my own ideological basis, which is associated with the Right-Wing. This is arguable, btw.

John Locke all day erryday

Previous Profile: Minzerland
Donkey Advocate & Herald of Donkeydom
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

-Fahrong-
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby -Fahrong- » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:22 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:I'm not sure such a thing could exist in most Western countries.

Well, it's surprising that you would say that.

You, for real think, that therw cannot be a TradCon Politician in the West that doesn't oppose people from multiple ethnicities existing in one country and doesn't think Muslims are scum?

No I dont think so. I would rather use the term Reactionary but I could fit that mold just fine myself.
Formerly Atelia, born on the 7th of December 2011. Had 6001 controversial posts.
English is my third language, so sorry if I make mistakes

Evangelos Vasiliadis the Orthodox Christian Russian Pontic Greek cyber-commando.
Agrarian Corporatist, Reactionary Monarchist, Perennial Traditionalist, Moralist, Eurasianist, Byzantinist.
With a tinge of Autarkism, Mysticism, Theocratism, Stoicism and Militarism.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:22 pm

Hobbes and Machiavelli are pretty good. Plato as well if you want to count him in.

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:27 pm

-Fahrong- wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:I'll repost this question before I sleep, seeing as it was drowned out by our awesome shitposting:

Question RWDT, who is your favourite Right-Wing philosopher? This may be a philosopher whom was considered Left-Wing for their time but are considered Right-Wing today. You may list a single philosopher or a list of philosophers.

Mine is John Locke, although the 'Father of Liberalism' would be considered Left-Wing in his time, he would be considered Right-Wing by today's standards, using this standard; he is my favourite *Right-Wing* philosopher who created Classical Liberalism, my own ideological basis, which is associated with the Right-Wing. This is arguable, btw.

I like Dostoyevsky, his works had a very Russian spirit, I also like perrenial traditionalists such as Guenon and Counter enlightenment thinkers like Nietzsche, Vico, De Maistre, and J.G.Hamann. They form the basis of my view on the world who most have called 'far right'.

I like Dostoyevsky, he proves very interesting, especially reading his thoughts on the Tsardom; I also like most of your assorted list, except De Maistre.
Last edited by Minzerland II on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Napkiraly wrote:Hobbes and Machiavelli are pretty good. Plato as well if you want to count him in.

I need to get reading Hobbes' books, tbh. I find that Machiavelli is underrated, which is sad really.

-Fahrong-
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby -Fahrong- » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:30 pm

Minzerland II wrote:
-Fahrong- wrote:I like Dostoyevsky, his works had a very Russian spirit, I also like perrenial traditionalists such as Guenon and Counter enlightenment thinkers like Nietzsche, Vico, De Maistre, and J.G.Hamann. They form the basis of my view on the world who most have called 'far right'.

I like Dostoyevsky, he proves very interesting, especially reading his thoughts on the Tsardom; I also like most of your assorted list, except De Maistre.

Considering you like John Locke, I can imagine why.
Formerly Atelia, born on the 7th of December 2011. Had 6001 controversial posts.
English is my third language, so sorry if I make mistakes

Evangelos Vasiliadis the Orthodox Christian Russian Pontic Greek cyber-commando.
Agrarian Corporatist, Reactionary Monarchist, Perennial Traditionalist, Moralist, Eurasianist, Byzantinist.
With a tinge of Autarkism, Mysticism, Theocratism, Stoicism and Militarism.

Eisarn-Ara
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisarn-Ara » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:30 pm

Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach

His methods were almost a philosophical standpoint in their own right.

Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli

For Obvious Reasons.
Ave Nex Alea
Glory & Victory unto the Pact!
I'm pro thrall-taking, are you?
Immigrants're grody; Paris, Berlin & Brussels proved that.
Serbia, Hungary, Austria & Finland have the right idea, preserve European Cultural Integrity!
Dictating matters of policy & legality because of "feelings" is foolhardy at best, and the reason why SJWism is cancerous at worst.
Altruism is worthless outside of a community and in small doses.
We owe you nothing, and you'll like it.
Arabs cannot do "Modern War"
You are all terrible.

Blacksmith/Metallurgist btw(Mostly Blades) & Academic Reconstructionist Heathen of the Continental Variety, Legitimate Sneering Western Imperialist, Western Classicalist

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:34 pm

-Fahrong- wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:I like Dostoyevsky, he proves very interesting, especially reading his thoughts on the Tsardom; I also like most of your assorted list, except De Maistre.

Considering you like John Locke, I can imagine why.

He's an alright character, not a fan however; unlike myself he was overly moralistic and religious, which affected his philosophy incrediblely. He was a counter-enlightenment man as opposed to John Locke. I also disagree with much of what he says.

An answer I gave a few pages back.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:35 pm

Thomas Aquinas, De Maistre, Augustine, and to a much lesser extent Thomas Hobbes.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Eisarn-Ara wrote:

For Obvious Reasons.

He was a philosopher?

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:41 pm

Niccolo Machiavelli for the most part (if you haven't seen one of my two quotes already). EDIT: Also his book The Prince is worth reading if you haven't already.
Galileo Galilei would be another due to his contribution to science yet still remaining true to his faith as well as various other reasons.
Ayn Rand would be another one due to a few of her ideas that help contribute my ideology.

Would go into more, but I am tired from work.
Last edited by Germanic Templars on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:44 pm

Diopolis wrote:

Thomas Aquinas, De Maistre, Augustine, and to a much lesser extent Thomas Hobbes.

God damn with De Maistre; I like Thomas Aquinas, very interesting work.

Eisarn-Ara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisarn-Ara » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Minzerland II wrote:
Eisarn-Ara wrote:

For Obvious Reasons.

He was a philosopher?

Machiavelli? Honest to the gods, I was in a rough patch when I was younger; I was passed a copy of "the Prince" by my shrink at the time and told "approach this from a philosophical standpoint, it might help you persevere". Well, it helped, changed how I view the world & people in alot of ways. He might as well be considering the contents of his works.

I firmly hold dear the methodology of assembly & accruing assets that Gustav Krupp pursued as what effectively mounts up to be a philosophical stance due to the successes achieved by the Krupp company; and how Krupp was effectively an essential arm of Production for a young country that in many ways acted like a "driving force" behind it's very ideals of Industrial Thought & Industrial Application.
Ave Nex Alea
Serbia, Hungary, Austria & Finland have the right idea, preserve European Cultural Integrity!
Dictating matters of policy & legality because of "feelings" is foolhardy at best, and the reason why SJWism is cancerous at worst.
You are all terrible.

Blacksmith/Metallurgist btw(Mostly Blades) & Academic Reconstructionist Heathen of the Continental Variety, Legitimate Sneering Western Imperialist, Western Classicalist

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:47 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:

Niccolo Machiavelli for the most part (if you haven't seen one of my two quotes already). EDIT: Also his book The Prince is worth reading if you haven't already.
Galileo Galilei would be another due to his contribution to science yet still remaining true to his faith as well as various other reasons.
Ayn Rand would be another one due to a few of her ideas that help contribute my ideology.

Machiavelli is pretty underrated in my experience, I'm glad to see multiple people are influenced by him.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Minzerland II wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:Hobbes and Machiavelli are pretty good. Plato as well if you want to count him in.

I need to get reading Hobbes' books, tbh. I find that Machiavelli is underrated, which is sad really.

Indeed, especially since people tend to focus primarily or only on The Prince and forget or ignore the likes of the Discourses.

Eisarn-Ara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisarn-Ara » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:51 pm

Napkiraly wrote:Indeed, especially since people tend to focus primarily or only on The Prince and forget or ignore the likes of the Discourses.

Discourses = bueno
Ave Nex Alea
You are all terrible.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:54 pm

Minzerland II wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:

Machiavelli is pretty underrated in my experience, I'm glad to see multiple people are influenced by him.

Really? Shit, just play Medieval Total War 1 and/or 2. They got quotes from him on almost every loading screen.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Are there any philosophers, that you would recommend for someone who is only beginning to look into philosophy.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:55 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:Are there any philosophers, that you would recommend for someone who is only beginning to look into philosophy.

Machiavelli is a start, a great start..

• INTP
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Eisarn-Ara wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:He was a philosopher?

Machiavelli? Honest to the gods, I was in a rough patch when I was younger; I was passed a copy of "the Prince" by my shrink at the time and told "approach this from a philosophical standpoint, it might help you persevere". Well, it helped, changed how I view the world & people in alot of ways. He might as well be considering the contents of his works.

I firmly hold dear the methodology of assembly & accruing assets that Gustav Krupp pursued as what effectively mounts up to be a philosophical stance due to the successes achieved by the Krupp company; and how Krupp was effectively an essential arm of Production for a young country that in many ways acted like a "driving force" behind it's very ideals of Industrial Thought & Industrial Application.

That is a fascinating analysis of Gustav Krupp, I do find fault with his support for Hitler, tbh.

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:56 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
FelrikTheDeleted wrote:Are there any philosophers, that you would recommend for someone who is only beginning to look into philosophy.

Machiavelli is a start, a great start..

Cheers.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:59 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:Machiavelli is a start, a great start..

Cheers.

If anything, start with this quote:

Niccolo Machiavelli wrote:Politics have no relation to morals.

• INTP
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

Eisarn-Ara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisarn-Ara » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Minzerland II wrote:That is a fascinating analysis of Gustav Krupp, I do find fault with his support for Hitler, tbh.

Thank you, but I agree with you; his support for Adolf was disappointing, yet was most likely adhering to the "Krupp Tradition" as it were (for business survival purposes most likely) by being hand-in-hand with the state to a degree.
Ave Nex Alea
You are all terrible.

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:Machiavelli is pretty underrated in my experience, I'm glad to see multiple people are influenced by him.

Really? Shit, just play Medieval Total War 1 and/or 2. They got quotes from him on almost every loading screen.

Outside of political classes and games you won't find much of him.

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:05 pm

Eisarn-Ara wrote:
Minzerland II wrote:That is a fascinating analysis of Gustav Krupp, I do find fault with his support for Hitler, tbh.

Thank you, but I agree with you; his support for Adolf was disappointing, yet was most likely adhering to the "Krupp Tradition" as it were (for business survival purposes most likely) by being hand-in-hand with the state to a degree.

Hmm, that'd make sense.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General