NATION

PASSWORD

Turkey thread: now stuffed with more authoritarianism!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:55 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Well his "brilliant" foreign policy seems to revolve around being a jerk to everyone, everywhere. I think being a jerk is all he knows. It is what he does.

It could be a GEICO commercial. "When you are Erdogan you act like a completely odious jerk. It is what you do".

But his people seem to love him for it. And sofar it seems to be working pretty well for Trump,Putin etc. as well.. so perhaps this is just how it works.

Well Putin and hell even Trump are a little more subtle. I mean Erdogan says shit too stupid for Trump. But yes, the uneducated masses seem to enjoy the spectacle. Bread and circuses, and when you run out of bread go all out on the circus.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:59 am

Risottia wrote:
Camicon wrote:Sounds like Erdogan needs a Snickers.

Erdogan: "I'm not always a jerk, but when I am I eat Snickers".

Next day, Snickers share soar ny 400%.

And and Erdogan gains 400 pounds.
More like "I'm not always a jerk... actually I am always a jerk". All the food processing factories in New Jersey could not keep up with that demand.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:01 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:With Erdoğan it's probably going to be "old enough to talk".

I get that supporters of the AKP aren't actually aware of what's going on as things are kept that way by propagandists. But come on. There’s no way this can be seriously defended.

Why not ? An age of consent of 12 is hardly unheard of - heck, 30 years ago it was the norm in Europe.

Citatation needed. More like 230 years ago it was the norm. However this is the issue, that Turkey is stuck in reverse and Erdogan is putting the pedal to the metal.
Last edited by Novus America on Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Previous

Return to General