NATION

PASSWORD

US Diplomats Urge Barack to Obomba Bashar

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Utilitarian Garibaldi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

US Diplomats Urge Barack to Obomba Bashar

Postby Utilitarian Garibaldi » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:13 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36556261?client=safari#
Syria conflict: US diplomats press for strikes against Assad

Dozens of US State Department officials have signed an internal memo protesting against US policy in Syria and calling for targeted military strikes against President Bashar al-Assad's government.

They argue the current approach is working against the Syrian opposition and helping Mr Assad to stay in power.

It was signed by 51 mid-to-high level officials who advise on Syria issues.

It is not unusual for internal "dissent cables" to be filed through State Department channels.

However, it is rare to have this number of diplomats voice opposition to a White House position.

The US is back to their neocon ways! But wait they never left, Obama was just afraid strong Russia would retaliate. Now however all the elements of the American Bourgeois Elite want Syria to be bombed. What justification do they give? Because Syria's rightful government has exercised its right to restor constitutional order. What heresy can you imagine!? Bashar meanwhile is treated like a dog by the liberal world elite, and unjustly discredited by the liberal media for his virtuous pursuit of democracy with Syrian characteristics. My sympathies are for the great Baa'th party in its war against the 100% Islamist Pseudo-Saudi Syrian opposition.
Last edited by Utilitarian Garibaldi on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:16 pm

I don't see the purpose in bombing Assad, it seems like it would only strengthen ISIS's hand.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:21 pm

I don't like Assad. He is a snake who has actively sent fighters and weapons against us in the past. However, it would be unwise to attempt to topple him now. That train left the station a very long time ago. While I understand where the diplomats are coming from and I do sympathize with their feelings. I don't know how or why this was released but it was not professional nor conducive to their goals.

Taking down Assad now would not help to crush ISIS any faster. Neither would openly cooperating with him or the Russians too.
Last edited by The East Marches on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:23 pm

Should the US just put half a million troops in Syria and deal with the entire mess? Find out next time on "Guess That Bush Member!"
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:25 pm

Utilitarian Garibaldi wrote:Islamist Pseudo-Saudi Syrian

Quite a tongue twister you have there, friend.
Last edited by Ralkovian Grand Island on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Estainia: The countless genocides...So many countless genocides.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.
He only respects the strong, and preys on the weak.
He might act polite and smile all the time, but always remember...
The day will come when you'll wake up to find him looming over your bed,
knife in hand, and he'll still be smiling.

Constaniana wrote:Ralk is evil incarnate, shouldn't you know this by now?

Seriong wrote:Ralk isn't a troll, he's just despicable.

Utilitarian Garibaldi
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Utilitarian Garibaldi » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:30 pm

The East Marches wrote:I don't like Assad. He is a snake who has actively sent fighters and weapons against us in the past. However, it would be unwise to attempt to topple him now. That train left the station a very long time ago. While I understand where the diplomats are coming from and I do sympathize with their feelings. I don't know how or why this was released but it was not professional nor conducive to their goals.

Taking down Assad now would not help to crush ISIS any faster. Neither would openly cooperating with him or the Russians too.

Assad should be punished for breaking the ceasefire. A stable Syria is one without the long necked eye doctor, and he ought to be made to understand his only option is to cooperate with the opposition.

Utilitarian Garibaldi
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Utilitarian Garibaldi » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:30 pm

Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:
Utilitarian Garibaldi wrote:Islamist Pseudo-Saudi Syrian

I see you edited your post. Something you trying to hide eh?

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Utilitarian Garibaldi wrote:
The East Marches wrote:I don't like Assad. He is a snake who has actively sent fighters and weapons against us in the past. However, it would be unwise to attempt to topple him now. That train left the station a very long time ago. While I understand where the diplomats are coming from and I do sympathize with their feelings. I don't know how or why this was released but it was not professional nor conducive to their goals.

Assad should be punished for breaking the ceasefire. A stable Syria is one without the long necked eye doctor, and he ought to be made to understand his only option is to cooperate with the opposition.

I agree he should punished but that can wait. He will never cooperate with the opposition. He will never cooperate with us. Once ISIS done, we can give him a nice festering insurgency to deal with or back a breakaway Kurdish state. We've got plenty of options. Plus old Henry Kissinger is still alive. I'm sure he can cook up some horrible scenario for Assad.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:37 pm

Oh look, another person who will defend a man who slaughters and tortures his own people as long as he's against America.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

Allet Klar Chefs
Minister

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Allet Klar Chefs » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:39 pm

What's even left to bomb. It's like when the Chinese invaded Vietnam. Fuck's the point. If Assad hasn't gone by now, they aren't going because of a war.

Utilitarian Garibaldi
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Utilitarian Garibaldi » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:39 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Utilitarian Garibaldi wrote:Assad should be punished for breaking the ceasefire. A stable Syria is one without the long necked eye doctor, and he ought to be made to understand his only option is to cooperate with the opposition.

I agree he should punished but that can wait. He will never cooperate with the opposition. He will never cooperate with us. Once ISIS done, we can give him a nice festering insurgency to deal with or back a breakaway Kurdish state. We've got plenty of options. Plus old Henry Kissinger is still alive. I'm sure he can cook up some horrible scenario for Assad.

What if he just goes for the opposition in the time we allot him to go after ISIS? That is what he's doing. When it's all over a little insurgency won't mean much when Bashar's in control of the whole country.
Last edited by Utilitarian Garibaldi on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allet Klar Chefs
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Allet Klar Chefs » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:41 pm

The East Marches wrote:Plus old Henry Kissinger is still alive. I'm sure he can cook up some horrible scenario for Assad.

Yeah I'm sure it'll be just as effective and necessary as when he saved the Republic of Vietnam.
Last edited by Allet Klar Chefs on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:42 pm

I see you edited your post. Something you trying to hide eh?

Yeah, a typo, friend.

I also appreciate the mad pun in the title, pal.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Allet Klar Chefs wrote:
The East Marches wrote:Plus old Henry Kissinger is still alive. I'm sure he can cook up some horrible scenario for Assad.

Yeah I'm sure it'll be just as effective and necessary as when he saved the Republic of Vietnam.

Or when he stopped Israel from nuking Egypt and Syria into oblivion.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:43 pm

The East Marches wrote:

What if he just goes for the opposition in the time we allot him to go after ISIS? That is what he's doing. At that point a little insurgency won't mean much when Bashar's in control of the whole country again.

We've got the Kurds among other things. The opposition may be getting hammered but they aren't the only group that can stir up trouble. Great thing about the Middle East is there are plenty of minority groups you can use as proxies. Plus there is the time honored option of just dumping guns to the opposition to make Assad's attempts to take things back even more bloody.

We don't even have to topple him. Just taking a part of his country as a "refugee protection zone" or a Kurdish state would be a pain in his ass. I would like to see him gone but we can't get everything we want.

I'm not a Pentagon guy or national security adviser but I'm sure we've got some fuck fuck games planned for Assad. Hell, Hillary may just do it anyway. She is more of a hawk than Obama.

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Allet Klar Chefs wrote:

Well we left Vietnam at a ceasefire, it was only when American leftists stopped funding South Vietnam, did the North curbstomp 'em.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Allet Klar Chefs wrote:

He saved South America :)

Allet Klar Chefs
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Allet Klar Chefs » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:57 pm

Allet Klar Chefs wrote:Yeah I'm sure it'll be just as effective and necessary as when he saved the Republic of Vietnam.

Well we left Vietnam at a ceasefire, it was only when American leftists stopped funding South Vietnam, did the North curbstomp 'em.

Here's a question, why would you fight for South Vietnam in 1973-1975 as someone living there?

What did the RVN have to offer you after a dozen coups and complete inaction in the face of an American occupation that destroyed the country?

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:59 pm

Too late for that option, boys and girls.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Allet Klar Chefs
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Allet Klar Chefs » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:02 pm

Roski wrote:
Allet Klar Chefs wrote:Yeah I'm sure it'll be just as effective and necessary as when he saved the Republic of Vietnam.

Yeah I'm sure that's what stopped Israel nuking Egypt and Syria.

"Well we had the siloes all ready to go but then we rang up Kissinger to check and he nixed the whole idea so we had to stop".

Not

"Hey the holocaust is well within living memory and using our privilege to kill millions of other people would obviously be so unforgivable that the Jews would be driven from the face of the earth, which is sort of the opposite of what we're going for in Israel at least on a theoretical basis".

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:10 pm

Allet Klar Chefs wrote:

Here's a question, why would you fight for South Vietnam in 1973-1975 as someone living there?

What did the RVN have to offer you after a dozen coups and complete inaction in the face of an American occupation that destroyed the country?

It didn't get the chance to regain the people's trust, did it?

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:12 pm

The hell is with all the shitty crusader meme flags recently?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:13 pm

Allet Klar Chefs wrote:
Roski wrote:

Yeah I'm sure that's what stopped Israel nuking Egypt and Syria.

"Well we had the siloes all ready to go but then we rang up Kissinger to check and he nixed the whole idea so we had to stop".

Not

"Hey the holocaust is well within living memory and using our privilege to kill millions of other people would obviously be so unforgivable that the Jews would be driven from the face of the earth, which is sort of the opposite of what we're going for in Israel at least on a theoretical basis".

More "Hey Nixon why don't we give Israel some weapons so they don't fucking nuke the middle east."

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:14 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:The hell is with all the shitty crusader meme flags recently?

Does the guy with the Saracen flag have a problem with my crusader privilege.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:15 pm

Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:Does the guy with the Saracen flag have a problem with my crusader privilege.

... why the hell do you think my flag represents a Saracen?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General