NATION

PASSWORD

I Don't Give A TET About This Title

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:33 am

Grigundy wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:If only to be able to contain the overwhelming ego of a certain presidential candidate.

Not sure the US could contain it though. Especially as I heard the other day that if Hillary would win, Trump was going to 'buy Canada' to live here instead.

Right after we finally got rid of Harper, too.

Despite all the cyberpunk dystopias, I'm pretty sure one cannot simply buy Canada.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Grigundy
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grigundy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:39 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:Despite all the cyberpunk dystopias, I'm pretty sure one cannot simply buy Canada.

I did not mean to imply that I believed such a thing was actually possible.
Pros: Peace, love, faith, intersectionality and vegetables. :)
Cons: Militarism, capitalism... Well, kyriarchy, basically.
"All things must come to the soul from its roots, from where it is planted." - St. Teresa of Avila
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." - Albert Schweitzer
"There is a sunrise and a sunset every day and you can choose to be there for it. You can put yourself in the way of beauty." - Cheryl Strayed
GrigundyFactbooks (WIP)
There is still more love than hate in this world.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:42 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Grigundy wrote:Not sure the US could contain it though. Especially as I heard the other day that if Hillary would win, Trump was going to 'buy Canada' to live here instead.

Right after we finally got rid of Harper, too.

Despite all the cyberpunk dystopias, I'm pretty sure one cannot simply buy Canada.

I'm sure Lizzy has her price.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

Neolvex
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Neolvex » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:45 am

Hello
You think I'm an asshole? Well you get an A+ because you thought right!

DEFCON Level
|1|2|[3]|4|5|
Reason: Build up of troops
at the Xiongnu Canal

The Delegate of Rossferry.
Recent News: A fascist regime has taken over Neolvex and won over public support!•

We are a PMT nation that doesn't use NS stats

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:47 am

Neolvex wrote:Hello

Hi there!

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:47 am

Gallade wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Despite all the cyberpunk dystopias, I'm pretty sure one cannot simply buy Canada.

I'm sure Lizzy has her price.

Everybody has their price, but some overestimate their market value.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Neolvex
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Neolvex » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:47 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Neolvex wrote:Hello

Hi there!

Wow, how did you guess my name is "there"? Are you a PYSCHIC?!
You think I'm an asshole? Well you get an A+ because you thought right!

DEFCON Level
|1|2|[3]|4|5|
Reason: Build up of troops
at the Xiongnu Canal

The Delegate of Rossferry.
Recent News: A fascist regime has taken over Neolvex and won over public support!•

We are a PMT nation that doesn't use NS stats

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:50 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Gallade wrote:I'm sure Lizzy has her price.

Everybody has their price, but some overestimate their market value.

It's buying out of course there's overestimation, you buy at gross worth +10%.

So essentially anybody with $10.56 trillion could feasibly buy Canada through individual deals. Good luck, Donald! Maybe start a GoFundMe or something.
Last edited by Gallade on Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
Combat Homelessness

Grigundy
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grigundy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:53 am

Gallade wrote:So essentially anybody $10.56 trillion could feasibly buy Canada through individual deals. Good luck, Donald! Maybe start a GoFundMe or something.

Maybe he should set a smaller goal. Like, I don't know, Nauru?
Pros: Peace, love, faith, intersectionality and vegetables. :)
Cons: Militarism, capitalism... Well, kyriarchy, basically.
"All things must come to the soul from its roots, from where it is planted." - St. Teresa of Avila
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." - Albert Schweitzer
"There is a sunrise and a sunset every day and you can choose to be there for it. You can put yourself in the way of beauty." - Cheryl Strayed
GrigundyFactbooks (WIP)
There is still more love than hate in this world.

Veceria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Veceria » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:59 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Veceria wrote:So it's Bud 50/50 with water?

How can you insult water like that?

Water is an insult to itself.
[FT]|Does not use NS stats.
Zeth Rekia wrote:You making Zeno horny.

DesAnges wrote:People don't deserve respect, they earn it.

10,000,000th post.
FoxTropica wrote:And then Hurdegaryp kissed Thafoo, Meanwhile Fox-Mary-"Sue"-Tropica saved TET from destruction and everyone happily forever.

Then suddenly fights broke out because hey, it's the internet.

Hurd is Hurd is Hurd.
Discord: Fenrisúlfr#3521
(send me a TG before sending me a friend request though)
I'm Austrian, if you need german translations, feel free to send me a TG.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:04 am

Grigundy wrote:
Gallade wrote:So essentially anybody $10.56 trillion could feasibly buy Canada through individual deals. Good luck, Donald! Maybe start a GoFundMe or something.

Maybe he should set a smaller goal. Like, I don't know, Nauru?

Also it is unnecessary to wish Donald good luck. The Donald doesn't need luck. The Donald is a winner. The Donald will make America great again, a promise which was also made by Ronald Reagan. And Ronald Reagan did as he promised by destroying those dastardly communist labor unions, the equally dastardly communist American middle class, supporting the freedom-loving hero of the Afghan resistance Osama Bin Laden and his Mujahideen buddies and selling weapons to those defenders of democracy and civil rights we all know and love as the theocratic republic of Iran. It is a shame Reagan never lived to see the Apocalypse, despite all his hard work to make it happen.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:04 am

Neolvex wrote:
Hi there!

Wow, how did you guess my name is "there"? Are you a PYSCHIC?!

Yes! :P

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:08 am

Neolvex wrote:Wow, how did you guess my name is "there"? Are you a PYSCHIC?!

Yes! :P

We, as the formless hive entity that is TET, cannot allow a psychic to be a part of our body. You could be a mole for the moderator team, scanning the hive mind for sinful thoughts worthy of a report. We have no choice but to take action in order to eliminate this threat to TET.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:11 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Yes! :P

We, as the formless hive entity that is TET, cannot allow a psychic to be a part of our body. You could be a mole for the moderator team, scanning the hive mind for sinful thoughts worthy of a report. We have no choice but to take action in order to eliminate this threat to TET.

Begin Operation: Snark at them for years until they feel unwelcome enough to leave.

Combat Homelessness

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:14 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Yes! :P

If sinful thoughts were rulebreaking, I'd be DOS a long time ago.

It's not writing them down here what saves me from that fate :p
The Blaatschapen should resign

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:17 am

Gallade wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:We, as the formless hive entity that is TET, cannot allow a psychic to be a part of our body. You could be a mole for the moderator team, scanning the hive mind for sinful thoughts worthy of a report. We have no choice but to take action in order to eliminate this threat to TET.

Begin Operation: Snark at them for years until they feel unwelcome enough to leave.

This may backfire horribly, of course. Constant snark can work as indoctrination, making them one of us. It happened before, it can happen again!

Gidetisms
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gidetisms » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:17 am

Insomnia why you do dis??
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Gidge's Art Hole: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=236190&p=13913891&hilit=Gidge#p13913891
Gidge's Poetic Inferno: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=186210&hilit=gidge

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:19 am

Gidetisms wrote:Insomnia why you do dis??

So you have more time to be with us, the only ones who pretend to care.

Gidetisms
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gidetisms » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:19 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Gidetisms wrote:Insomnia why you do dis??

So you have more time to be with us, the only ones who pretend to care.

Pretend to care is right

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:21 am

Gidetisms wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:So you have more time to be with us, the only ones who pretend to care.

Pretend to care is right

Didn't want to lie to you, even though it is so easy to be a liar on the internet.

Gidetisms
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gidetisms » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:26 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Gidetisms wrote:Pretend to care is right

Didn't want to lie to you, even though it is so easy to be a liar on the internet.

Oh I know, been caught up in lies before from someone else. I'm just cranky

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:33 am

Gidetisms wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Didn't want to lie to you, even though it is so easy to be a liar on the internet.

Oh I know, been caught up in lies before from someone else. I'm just cranky

Lack of sleep will do that to you, yes.

Gidetisms
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gidetisms » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:36 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Gidetisms wrote:Oh I know, been caught up in lies before from someone else. I'm just cranky

Lack of sleep will do that to you, yes.

I slept 4 hours I think, and maybe 2 the night before

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:40 am

Gidetisms wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Lack of sleep will do that to you, yes.

I slept 4 hours I think, and maybe 2 the night before

Damn. Maybe you can catch up on your slumberland adventures over the weekend.

Gidetisms
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gidetisms » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:44 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Gidetisms wrote:I slept 4 hours I think, and maybe 2 the night before

Damn. Maybe you can catch up on your slumberland adventures over the weekend.

I'm hoping. Because this is brutal

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General