NATION

PASSWORD

I Don't Give A TET About This Title

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Gallade wrote:By hour 60 of the aforementioned 85 hour work week expect us bumped up to extreme anti human sentiment.

The news told me that the labour law in France was reformed, but it is a bit unnerving to see that French civil servants now have to conform to the same kind of neverending work weeks that tends to be sufferable only when using sufficient amounts of meth.

She needs a union.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:41 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:The news told me that the labour law in France was reformed, but it is a bit unnerving to see that French civil servants now have to conform to the same kind of neverending work weeks that tends to be sufferable only when using sufficient amounts of meth.

She needs a union.

The USA had unions once, but Reagan annihilated their efficiency & annihilated the prosperity of the middle class at the same time. Reagan was a busy man, since supporting Osama Bin Laden was another thing done by the Reagan administration. "Make America Great Again" was Reagan's slogan back in 1980, by the way. Well, it worked for the American rich, since those 'job creators' got massive tax cuts which undoubtedly have financed many factories in parts of the world explicitly not America.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Today I bless you all with snapshots of some of my greatest artworks.

"Self Portrait"

"The Good Christian King, Burn all the Heretics, etc., etc."

"My Self-Esteem in a Picture"

"School on a Sticky Note"

All art created circa 2004.
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:32 pm

There are no words for the level of stupidity one must reach to think certain responses to certain events are anywhere in the neighbourhood of appropriate. :blink:
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Italios
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:33 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:There are no words for the level of stupidity one must reach to think certain responses to certain events are anywhere in the neighbourhood of appropriate. :blink:

The "not all Muslims and other nonsense" thread was locked for a reason, I agree.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Italios wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:There are no words for the level of stupidity one must reach to think certain responses to certain events are anywhere in the neighbourhood of appropriate. :blink:

The "not all Muslims and other nonsense" thread was locked for a reason, I agree.

There was one with something right out of 1984 and another with the tired old hillbilly shit.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:37 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:She needs a union.

The USA had unions once, but Reagan annihilated their efficiency & annihilated the prosperity of the middle class at the same time. Reagan was a busy man, since supporting Osama Bin Laden was another thing done by the Reagan administration. "Make America Great Again" was Reagan's slogan back in 1980, by the way. Well, it worked for the American rich, since those 'job creators' got massive tax cuts which undoubtedly have financed many factories in parts of the world explicitly not America.

Then where the hell are my union dues going?

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Italios
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:37 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:
Italios wrote:The "not all Muslims and other nonsense" thread was locked for a reason, I agree.

There was one with something right out of 1984 and another with the tired old hillbilly shit.

"The unamerican activities committee was totally justified!!!!!!"

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Italios wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:There was one with something right out of 1984 and another with the tired old hillbilly shit.

Tbf, alger hiss was a spy.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:40 pm

Italios wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:There was one with something right out of 1984 and another with the tired old hillbilly shit.

Before I learned real history, I would have said that HUAC was un-American, but there's really nothing more American than persecuting those who don't fall in lock-step with the cookie-cutter white Calvinists.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:43 pm

I think it's time to add, again, a multivitamin supplement to my diet. I've been feeling very weak for almost a week and I rather suspect I am not eating something I need.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:The USA had unions once, but Reagan annihilated their efficiency & annihilated the prosperity of the middle class at the same time. Reagan was a busy man, since supporting Osama Bin Laden was another thing done by the Reagan administration. "Make America Great Again" was Reagan's slogan back in 1980, by the way. Well, it worked for the American rich, since those 'job creators' got massive tax cuts which undoubtedly have financed many factories in parts of the world explicitly not America.

Long story short, I'd like to know how you found out my address, and why you underpaid two months ago.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I think it's time to add, again, a multivitamin supplement to my diet. I've been feeling very weak for almost a week and I rather suspect I am not eating something I need.

Has your diet changed recently, or do you think the deficiency is just becoming apparent now?
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I think it's time to add, again, a multivitamin supplement to my diet. I've been feeling very weak for almost a week and I rather suspect I am not eating something I need.

Needs more alcohol. The insides must be sterile.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:46 pm

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

Long story short, I'd like to know how you found out my address, and why you underpaid two months ago.

Has your diet changed recently, or do you think the deficiency is just becoming apparent now?

I started eating mostly vegetarian back in February. I thought I was doing fine, but I think a deficiency is becoming apparent right now. I spoke to a nutritionist and doctor and she said I was doing fine. She gave me a few things to add to my diet, like lentils, and more legumes but the last week has been tough.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

Pickled liver! o/
Slava Ukraini

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:

I started eating mostly vegetarian back in February. I thought I was doing fine, but I think a deficiency is becoming apparent right now. I spoke to a nutritionist and doctor and she said I was doing fine. She gave me a few things to add to my diet, like lentils, and more legumes but the last week has been tough.

Bacon and alcohol.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Bacon and alcohol.

Heavenly food.

Bacon is lyfe.
Slava Ukraini

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

Pickled liver! o/

Huzzah!

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Italios
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:49 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:
Italios wrote:"The unamerican activities committee was totally justified!!!!!!"

Before I learned real history, I would have said that HUAC was un-American, but there's really nothing more American than persecuting those who don't fall in lock-step with the cookie-cutter white Calvinists.

"if you ain't like me, you ain't an American!"

"The Ideal American"
Pencil on copy paper, circa 2004.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Pickled liver! o/

Huzzah!

You should be glad you're a New Yorker. You can pickle your liver, eat whatever you want from around the world ad act tough, and no one would think bad of you because, well... yousa New Yawker.
Slava Ukraini

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I started eating mostly vegetarian back in February. I thought I was doing fine, but I think a deficiency is becoming apparent right now. I spoke to a nutritionist and doctor and she said I was doing fine. She gave me a few things to add to my diet, like lentils, and more legumes but the last week has been tough.

If you've talked to a nutritionist, you've probably a decent handle on taking care of yourself right now. Still, it bears remembering that if you see your GP, it's worth mentioning your diet and the apparent deficiency, even if the multivitamin clears things up. It'd be worth knowing what exactly is deficient in the diet, regardless of whether you can fix it through a multivitamin.

Lentils are pretty packed with a lot of the stuff you're missing with meat, generally - protein and iron and such. Might be worth another visit to the nutritionist, or a second opinion, if the lentils + legumes aren't helping. I imagine starting on them would have narrowed down any potential issues a lot.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Italios
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Huzzah!

You should be glad you're a New Yorker. You can pickle your liver, eat whatever you want from around the world ad act tough, and no one would think bad of you because, well... yousa New Yawker.

The new thing here is the vegan diet everyone know that.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Italios wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:Before I learned real history, I would have said that HUAC was un-American, but there's really nothing more American than persecuting those who don't fall in lock-step with the cookie-cutter white Calvinists.

"if you ain't like me, you ain't an American!"
"The Ideal American"
Pencil on copy paper, circa 2004.

'Murrikuh.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:53 pm

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I started eating mostly vegetarian back in February. I thought I was doing fine, but I think a deficiency is becoming apparent right now. I spoke to a nutritionist and doctor and she said I was doing fine. She gave me a few things to add to my diet, like lentils, and more legumes but the last week has been tough.

If you've talked to a nutritionist, you've probably a decent handle on taking care of yourself right now. Still, it bears remembering that if you see your GP, it's worth mentioning your diet and the apparent deficiency, even if the multivitamin clears things up. It'd be worth knowing what exactly is deficient in the diet, regardless of whether you can fix it through a multivitamin.

Lentils are pretty packed with a lot of the stuff you're missing with meat, generally - protein and iron and such. Might be worth another visit to the nutritionist, or a second opinion, if the lentils + legumes aren't helping. I imagine starting on them would have narrowed down any potential issues a lot.

Yeah, I will be seeing her next week if this continues. I couldn't wake up this morning and ended up, after taking a test, having to nap for several hours. I have to remember that I was also sick with the flu and pink eye for a week and a half, but I was treated for it all so this weakness feels odd.

I won't worry much. I'll keep doing what I'm doing and talk to my GP.
Slava Ukraini

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Huzzah!

More like I don't give a fuck, cause I am a new yawka

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General