NATION

PASSWORD

60% of Germans - Islam Does Not Belong In Germany.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Does Islam belong in germany?

No. Islam does not belong in germany.
60%
Yes. Islam does belong in germany.
40%

Total votes : 1029

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Thu May 05, 2016 9:50 am

Val Halla wrote:It's very concerning that people believe this. Irrationality.

Why? The only thing against it is axiomatic. If you don't accept the axiom, then that's that.

Freedom of religion was only necessary to keep the religious from killing eachother.
Now that states are drifting toward significant atheist populations, we can do away with it and only tolerate religions that are compatible with our society.

There is no "Freedom of business." and religions are just a business, in the end.
I'm happy with people to believe whatever they like.

But no mosques.
No call to prayers.
No hijabs.
No circumcision.

etc.

You can believe in Islam. You can even argue for it, provided you manage to avoid hate speech.
But Islam should not be practiced in any form in the west.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Jamzmania
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamzmania » Thu May 05, 2016 9:51 am

Islam is an inherently oppressive and violent religion that produces large numbers of terrorists. What exactly is irrational about not believing this religious-political ideology belongs in your country?

You can disagree with their position, but it is certainly not irrational.
The Alexanderians wrote:"Fear no man or woman,
No matter what their size.
Call upon me,
And I will equalize."

-Engraved on the side of my M1911 .45

Utilitarian Garibaldi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Utilitarian Garibaldi » Thu May 05, 2016 9:52 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:

Why? The only thing against it is axiomatic. If you don't accept the axiom, then that's that.

Freedom of religion was only necessary to keep the religious from killing eachother.
Now that states are drifting toward significant atheist populations, we can do away with it and only tolerate religions that are compatible with our society.

There is no "Freedom of business." and religions are just a business, in the end.

But no mosques.
No call to prayers.
No hijabs.
No circumcision.

etc.

You can believe in Islam. You can even argue for it, provided you manage to avoid hate speech.

Sounds like you could learn from Todor Zhivkov's attempts to assimilate Muslims in Bulgaria.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu May 05, 2016 9:52 am

Jamzmania wrote:Islam is an inherently oppressive and violent religion

So is Christianity really.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Jamzmania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jamzmania » Thu May 05, 2016 9:53 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:

But no mosques.
No call to prayers.
No hijabs.
No circumcision.

etc.

Muslims who are already in the Weat should be free to practice their religion within the extent of the law, including having mosques or whatever other reasonable accommodations.

As to bringing in more Muslims from the East however... preferably not.
Call upon me,
And I will equalize."

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu May 05, 2016 9:54 am

Jamzmania wrote:

Islam is an inherently oppressive and violent religion that produces large numbers of terrorists. What exactly is irrational about not believing this religious-political ideology belongs in your country?

Cause it's the wrong path to take, only causing more conflict and basically throwing fuel into the fire.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Thu May 05, 2016 9:54 am

Jamzmania wrote:

Christianity is an inherently oppressive and violent religion that has killed thousands of people throughout history and caused immense suffering towards Muslims and non-theists alike.

Notice how, when you replace Islam with a more widely accepted, yet just as generally abhorent religion, people will lose their minds?
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu May 05, 2016 9:54 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:

But no mosques.
No call to prayers.
No hijabs.
No circumcision.

etc.

Not even close to correct.

You can have a religious business, yes. You can sell Jesus figures at your store. But that does not make religion a business. Religion is more physiologically and intellectual than business.
― Fred Rogers

Jamzmania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jamzmania » Thu May 05, 2016 9:54 am

Vassenor wrote:
Jamzmania wrote:Islam is an inherently oppressive and violent religion

So is Christianity really.

Despite my disagreement with that statement, that is not what we are discussing.
Call upon me,
And I will equalize."

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Thu May 05, 2016 9:55 am

Zeinbrad wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

But no mosques.
No call to prayers.
No hijabs.
No circumcision.

etc.

Not even close to correct.

You can have a religious business, yes. You can sell Jesus figures at your store. But that does not make religion a business. Religion is more physiologically and intellectual than business.

Organized religion then.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu May 05, 2016 9:56 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:Not even close to correct.

Organized religion then.

Hmm? Sorry, my mind is groggy.
― Fred Rogers

Jamzmania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jamzmania » Thu May 05, 2016 9:56 am

New Grestin wrote:
Jamzmania wrote:Islam is an inherently oppressive and violent religion that produces large numbers of terrorists. What exactly is irrational about not believing this religious-political ideology belongs in your country?

Christianity is an inherently oppressive and violent religion that has killed thousands of people throughout history and caused immense suffering towards Muslims and non-theists alike.

Notice how, when you replace Islam with a more widely accepted, yet just as generally abhorent religion, people will lose their minds?

Does any of this contradict the fact of Islam's violent nature and the high frequency of Islamic terrorism?
Last edited by Jamzmania on Thu May 05, 2016 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call upon me,
And I will equalize."

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu May 05, 2016 9:58 am

Jamzmania wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Christianity is an inherently oppressive and violent religion that has killed thousands of people throughout history and caused immense suffering towards Muslims and non-theists alike.

Does any of this contradict the fact of Islam's violent nature and the high frequency of Islamic terrorism?

It means there's a double standard because no-one is demanding Christianity be outlawed.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Acarn
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Acarn » Thu May 05, 2016 9:58 am

Jamzmania wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Christianity is an inherently oppressive and violent religion that has killed thousands of people throughout history and caused immense suffering towards Muslims and non-theists alike.

Islam is not what causes the violence in the middle east, it is the instability, the dictatorships and corruption. All of which can be traced back to various western backed schemes. Im american, and we've done some awful stuff. over thrown many democratic governments in the region. In times of instability religion and radicalism blossom.
Proud Liberal Shia Muslim
I am a pansexual cis-male. Call me Connor :)
Pro: LGBT, Pro-Choice, Feminism, Palestine, Two-State Solution (pre-1967 borders) Iran (Reformers), Bernie Sanders, Social Democracy
Anti: Trump, Netanyahu, Sisi, Racism, Right-wingers, pro-lifers, PEGIDA
Neutral: Macron, Hillary, Obama, McCain
If times of tyranny it may be necessary to impose what I like to call a "Jeffersonian term limit."

It involves firearms. And ideological passion.

Wonderful Reading about Islam and Homosexuality

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Thu May 05, 2016 9:59 am

Vassenor wrote:
Jamzmania wrote:Does any of this contradict the fact of Islam's violent nature and the high frequency of Islamic terrorism?

It means there's a double standard because no-one is demanding Christianity be outlawed.

Christianity isn't comparably hostile to western society.
We don't make it illegal to work for German intelligence services.

Now the north korean service on the other hand...
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Thu May 05, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

West-East Timor
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Thu May 05, 2016 9:59 am

Utilitarian Garibaldi wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
UKIP doesn't poll at nearly 50%, but nonetheless. Also, the most recent polls are at 15% and rising for AFD.

Not according to Spiegel.

http://m.spiegel.de/international/germany/a-965159.html

But according to Focus Online. It's german, so I don't think you'll understand it, but here it is:
http://www.focus.de/politik/videos/ard-deutschlandtrend-umfrage-schock-die-afd-liegt-nur-noch-fuenf-prozent-hinter-der-spd_id_5502013.html
If you want to do that, you can call us Omnidirectional Timor as well...

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Thu May 05, 2016 9:59 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:

But no mosques.
No call to prayers.
No hijabs.
No circumcision.

etc.

Hijabs are fine because it's part of expression. Should we also ban wearing hats and sunglasses, or long coats?

Mosques are fine. It's a building what harm is that?

Call to prayer idk what that is. So...

I can agree with circumcision because it's... Well, its circumcision.

You're saying that you can believe something but you can't engage in it? To me that's like saying you can like a TV show, but you can't get the merchandise or talk about it at work/school
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Jamzmania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jamzmania » Thu May 05, 2016 10:00 am

Vassenor wrote:
Jamzmania wrote:Does any of this contradict the fact of Islam's violent nature and the high frequency of Islamic terrorism?

Considering Christianity is already the dominant religion and we do not have these same problems with Christians (except for some rare examples which I'm sure will be touted), so the analogy is silly.
Call upon me,
And I will equalize."

Tokuopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tokuopolis » Thu May 05, 2016 10:00 am

NewVinlandia wrote:
Tokuopolis wrote:Freedom of Religion is a human right.

So too should be a people's ability to preserve its National and historical identity.

Muslims have been in Germany since the 1960s. They're as much a part of Germany's history as the Berlin Wall or David Bowie.

http://www.euro-islam.info/country-profiles/germany/

Having Muslims in Germany, and acknowledging that they exist, does not make Germany any less German. German Muslims are still German, and likely admire and learn about German history as well as Islamic history. Learning about and respecting people of other cultures and religions doesn't make you any more or less of a person of your own culture.
Last edited by Tokuopolis on Sat May 07, 2016 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
I like Telegrams. My nation may or may not reflect my real views(it depends what I feel like).
Want to talk about your favourite western animations? Do it here!
“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.”-Voltaire (:P)
I'm not a professional. I'm a Pterosaur. Fandom Variety. Minneapolis and Thermopolis aren't in Greece, and neither am I.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu May 05, 2016 10:01 am

I had no idea Islam was such a feminist religion.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Liriena
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Thu May 05, 2016 10:01 am

If the German people do not believe in religious rights for all, they are free to abandon their constitutional principles and every human rights treaty they've ever signed. I'm sure the international community will not bat an eye at it.

The Islamic faith is not without its problems, and some of them are ancient and deeply ingrained. These problems do have to be addressed, and a healthy reform must be encouraged.

However, caving into the far-right's hateful, paranoid rhetoric is not a solution. It's like trying to cure the flu with an autoimmune disease.

Much as I may dislike many of her policies, I do hope Merkel will continue to hold German xenophobia and religious prejudice at bay for the duration of the current crisis. History has provided human civilization with several examples of how giving power to far-right populism in a time of crisis, while understandable, is as myopic as it is irresponsible, and can have severe, long-lasting consequences.
be gay do crime

I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Thu May 05, 2016 10:01 am

No Abrahamic religion 'belongs' anywhere apart from the Middle-East. Celtic and other European religions belong in Europe and Slavic folk (and Slav religions) belong in Slavic nations. Religion does not 'belong' anywhere but the place it's from.
(NOTE: I don't have the intention to offend and harbour little ill will towards those of the Abrahamic religions)
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

Acarn
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Acarn » Thu May 05, 2016 10:01 am

Val Halla wrote:

The call to prayer, the Adhan, calls Muslims to the mosque for prayer. Kinda like an alarm clock to remind you to pray
Proud Liberal Shia Muslim
I am a pansexual cis-male. Call me Connor :)
Pro: LGBT, Pro-Choice, Feminism, Palestine, Two-State Solution (pre-1967 borders) Iran (Reformers), Bernie Sanders, Social Democracy
Anti: Trump, Netanyahu, Sisi, Racism, Right-wingers, pro-lifers, PEGIDA
Neutral: Macron, Hillary, Obama, McCain
If times of tyranny it may be necessary to impose what I like to call a "Jeffersonian term limit."

It involves firearms. And ideological passion.

Wonderful Reading about Islam and Homosexuality

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Thu May 05, 2016 10:03 am

Gauthier wrote:I had no idea Islam was such a feminist religion.

Damn dirty Neoliberal SJW Feminist Muslims!

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Thu May 05, 2016 10:04 am

Acarn wrote:
Val Halla wrote:

The call to prayer, the Adhan, calls Muslims to the mosque for prayer. Kinda like an alarm clock to remind you to pray

Oh. Well in that case I see nothing wrong with that. It's not like you don't have church bells or bells in general
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General