NATION

PASSWORD

The Taliban's Strong in Afghanistan Again

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:09 pm

Novus America wrote:
Hurtful Thoughts wrote:India go nukes too.

Funny how when I was born, we were still dropping nukes on our own soil. Not sure if most of the people posting here can say that.
-Grew up knowing that if Russia, China, and America were willing to nuke themselves soooo badly... and we're still alive... on what grounds are they not launching missiles against those that displease them?

Because the world will totally survive a 15 gigaton nuclear exchange. Since it technically already has.

Well yes India has to have nukes, because Pakistan has them. Nuclear weapons are used primarily for deterence. It does reduce the chance of conventional war as people are afraid of it escalating into a nuclear exchange.

Just pointing out that India had them first, so you got your causality backwards.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Vlamistaatti
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlamistaatti » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:11 pm

They aren't running out of motivation, that's for sure.
Last edited by Vlamistaatti on Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Well yes India has to have nukes, because Pakistan has them. Nuclear weapons are used primarily for deterence. It does reduce the chance of conventional war as people are afraid of it escalating into a nuclear exchange.

Just pointing out that India had them first, so you got your causality backwards.

Fair enough. Since India got them Pakistan pretty much had to get them too.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Previous

Return to General