NATION

PASSWORD

Islam/Muslim Discussion Thread ٢

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

To which branch of Islam do you belong?

Sunni
40%
Sunni (Sufi)
7%
Sunni (Salafist)
4%
Shia (Ja'fari)
5%
Shia (Sufi/Other)
4%
Ibadi
2%
Quranist
4%
Mahdist (Ahmadiyya/Mahdavia)
2%
Non-Denominational
10%
Other
23%

Total votes : 450

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:57 am

Aelex wrote:
Ghuraba Al-Khorusani wrote:Good examples
(Image)
(Image)
The Prophet – Allah bless and greet him – wore his hair long until his passing from this world, “from more than shoulder-length (fawqa al-jumma*) to short of the earlobes (dûna al-wafra**)” as narrated from ‘A’isha – Allah be well-pleased with her – by al-Tirmidhi (hasan sahîh gharîb). Al-Bara’ ibn ‘Azib said: “Never did I see anyone with head-and-shoulder hair (dhî limma***) look more more handsome with a red garment on than the Messenger of Allah, his hair over his shoulders (sha‘ruhu yadribu minkabayh), wide-shouldered, neither tall nor short.” (Muslim, Ahmad, and the Sunan except Ibn Majah)
Al-Qadi ‘Iyad said that the freely-hanging hair (sadl), forelock (nâsiya), and shoulder-length hair (jumma) were abrogated. At the time the Prophet – Allah bless and greet him – entered Makka, he was wearing his hair braided in four plaits (ghadâ’ir, dafâ’ir, ‘aqâ’is). Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (hasan gharîb, in some mss. gharîb only), Ibn Majah, Abu Dawud, and Ahmad, all four with the same chain graded “fair” (hasan) by Ibn Hajar in Fath al-Bari (10:304), a grading confirmed by Shaykh Shu‘ayb al-Arna’ut in his edition of al-Baghawi’s Sharh al-Sunna (12:97).

But you know that Mahomet was a white man, right? :)

"While we were sitting with the Prophet in the mosque, a man came riding on a camel. He made his camel kneel down in the mosque, tied its foreleg and then said: "Who amongst you is Muhammad?" At that time the Prophet was sitting amongst us (his companions) leaning on his arm. We replied, "This white man reclining on his arm." The man then addressed him, "O Son of 'Abdul Muttalib." Volume 1, Book 3, Number 63. Narrated Anas bin Malik:"

Actually, he was so famous for his pale skin that his symbol was the moon (The symbol of Islam is the moon):
"as there is no darkness in the moonlit night so is [Mohammed], the well-wisher, bright."

One of The Prophet's wives, Safiya, had a dream that she would marry Him one day:
"she saw in a dream as if the moon had fallen from the heavens into her lap;"

Al-Bara' was asked, "Was the face of the Prophet (as bright) as a sword?" He said, "No, but (as bright) as a moon."

So I guess, following your logic, every Muslim should try to mimic Micheal Jackson and take White Spirit bathes. ;)

And here I thought Joseph Smith was the whitest prophet ever.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:13 am

Ghuraba Al-Khorusani wrote:
Aelex wrote:Yeah. So as I was saying, to emulate Mahomet (because yes, Mahomet is his name :p ) you should try to whiten your skin; don't you think? I mean, after all, if you truly wanna look like him; growing a beard or saying salahm isn't nearly as close as sharing the same pigmentation. ;)

I wish NS had lighter rules on how I could reply to this

We debate ideas, not people.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:34 am

Aelex, you can't accept every single hadith verse, because some ahadith contradict the Holy Qur'an. So Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) may have been white, maybe not. I think not, because he (SAWS) was born in the Mid East.
Olerand, the Holy Qur'an states that there's no compulsion in religion, so no, Jews wouldn't have to convert to Al-Islam whether they paid jizya or not. Besides, imo, in my ideal Islamic society, non-Muslims wouldn't follow Sharia unless there are Sharia laws that pertain to them. Actually, that should be in any Islamic nation, not my ideal one.
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:37 am

Aelex, it's Muhammad, not Mahomet (that transliteration is wayoff anyways). He (SAWS) was born in Arabia, not France.
Yarmaqui, Muslims hold Janazah prayer for those transitioning, but I think that about the only difference. And that's what I know anyways, another Muslim might know more.
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:42 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:Aelex, it's Muhammad, not Mahomet (that transliteration is wayoff anyways). He (SAWS) was born in Arabia, not France.
Yarmaqui, Muslims hold Janazah prayer for those transitioning, but I think that about the only difference. And that's what I know anyways, another Muslim might know more.

The root in modern Arabic would be something akin to mu-HAHM-mahd if we are going by standards and authenticity. Furthermore, Islamic people have identified themselves in a variety of way as have they been identified, as Muhammadeans, Moslems, Muslims, Musslemen, ect. None of these are unauthentic or for that matter an issue of offence.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Ghuraba Al-Khorusani
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghuraba Al-Khorusani » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:58 am

Herskerstad wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:Aelex, it's Muhammad, not Mahomet (that transliteration is wayoff anyways). He (SAWS) was born in Arabia, not France.

The root in modern Arabic would be something akin to mu-HAHM-mahd if we are going by standards and authenticity. Furthermore, Islamic people have identified themselves in a variety of way as have they been identified, as Muhammadeans, Moslems, Muslims, Musslemen, ect. None of these are unauthentic or for that matter an issue of offence.

Yes they are
Just Muslim
Wonderful sites 4 Islamic knowladge

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:00 am

Ghuraba Al-Khorusani wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:

Yes they are

Oh they are? By what metric?

Tylope
Attaché

Founded: Mar 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tylope » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:03 am

I am an atheist. If someone is religious, but they're peaceful, then why should anyone care? However, religious fundamentalism is undeniably a problem. No matter what religion that may be. Now, I don't think military action is the solution to this problem, and I'm not sure I know of a solution. But it is a problem, no doubt.
Tyler Melvin

United Territories and States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Territories and States » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:06 am

Tylope wrote:I am an atheist. If someone is religious, but they're peaceful, then why should anyone care? However, religious fundamentalism is undeniably a problem. No matter what religion that may be. Now, I don't think military action is the solution to this problem, and I'm not sure I know of a solution. But it is a problem, no doubt.

Education seems to be the best way, or suppression of radical ideas.
Please be nice and refer this country as "America", or "United States" when in IC.

Tylope
Attaché

Founded: Mar 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tylope » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:07 am

United Territories and States wrote:
Tylope wrote:I am an atheist. If someone is religious, but they're peaceful, then why should anyone care? However, religious fundamentalism is undeniably a problem. No matter what religion that may be. Now, I don't think military action is the solution to this problem, and I'm not sure I know of a solution. But it is a problem, no doubt.

Education seems to be the best way, or suppression of radical ideas.

Education makes sense. I hate suppression of anyone's beliefs though, unless they act on their extremism and hurt other people.
Tyler Melvin

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:09 am

Herskerstad wrote:

Muslims never called our selves Mohammedans, that's what non-Muslims called us that. The most accurate adjective is Muslim, plural Muslimeen, 'Arabiyyah for Muslims.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:13 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:

Muslims never called our selves Mohammedans, that's what non-Muslims called us that. The most accurate adjective is Muslim, plural Muslimeen, 'Arabiyyah for Muslims.

That depends entirely on the historical time and place. Yes, even a quick take on Muhammadeans is still utilised stylistically by some Muslims today. All the different words essentially mean the same thing, none of them indicates offence and as such it is not within legitimacy's reach to proclaim otherwise.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:15 am

Well, Jésus may have been called Yeshua in Hebrew yet I'll still keep on calling him Jésus because it's his name in my language.
Why should I treat Mahomet differently? :eyebrow:
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Territories and States » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:16 am

Same fundamentals though.
Please be nice and refer this country as "America", or "United States" when in IC.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:20 am

Aelex wrote:

Well, Jésus may have been called Yeshua in Hebrew yet I'll still keep on calling him Jésus because it's his name in my language.
Why should I treat Mahomet differently? :eyebrow:

That is a correct (?) translation. Mahomet is no where near a correct translation or transliteration. My Kindle even auto corrected 'Mahomet'.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:21 am

Aelex wrote:

Why translate names at all ? Seems very rude - and it is not like Yeshua would have understood you'd be calling him if you yelled "Jesus ! Dinner is ready !".
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:21 am

Herskerstad wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:Muslims never called our selves Mohammedans, that's what non-Muslims called us that. The most accurate adjective is Muslim, plural Muslimeen, 'Arabiyyah for Muslims.

That depends entirely on the historical time and place. Yes, even a quick take on Muhammadeans is still utilised stylistically by some Muslims today. All the different words essentially mean the same thing, none of them indicates offence and as such it is not within legitimacy's reach to proclaim otherwise.

Actually many Muslims consider 'Mohammedan' offensive.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:22 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Aelex wrote:Well, Jésus may have been called Yeshua in Hebrew yet I'll still keep on calling him Jésus because it's his name in my language.

Why translate names at all ? Seems very rude - and it is not like Yeshua would have understood you'd be calling him if you yelled "Jesus ! Dinner is ready !".

Point taken.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:23 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:

Actually many Muslims consider 'Mohammedan' offensive.

And many Muslims go by that name. Ergo, there is no reason to take offence short of wanting to be offended, which leaves precious little reasoning to declare it so.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:25 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Aelex wrote:Well, Jésus may have been called Yeshua in Hebrew yet I'll still keep on calling him Jésus because it's his name in my language.

Perhaps the non-transcendent Jesus of the Quran would be confused, but the omnipotent son of God? He is not confused be it a Hebrew or an Aboriginal calling his name in whichever form their language enunciates it.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:30 am

Herskerstad wrote:And here I thought Joseph Smith was the whitest prophet ever.

To be fair, I thought the same and even more as, until quite recently, I thought he was also the most racist and pro-slavery prophet of all time.
Apparently not.

Mahomet is teaching us that Satan is a black man :

"The apostle said, "Whoever wants to see Satan let him take a look at Nabtal b. al-Harith!" He was a sturdy black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks. He used to come and talk to the apostle and listen to him and then carry what he had said to the hypocrites. It was he who said: "Muhammad is all ears: if anyone tells him anything he believes it." God sent down concerning him: "And of them are those who annoy the prophet and say he is all ears, Say: Good ears for you. He believes in God and trusts the believers and is a mercy for those of you who believe; and those who annoy the apostle of God for them there is a painful punishment." (Sura 9:61)

But also that Black people are doomed to hell :

On the Day when (some) faces will be whitened and (some) faces will be blackened; and as for those whose faces have been blackened, it will be said unto them: Disbelieved ye after your (profession of) belief? Then taste the punishment for that ye disbelieved. (Âl 'Imran 3:106)
And on the Day of Resurrection thou (Muhammad) seest those who lied concerning Allah with their faces blackened. Is not the home of the scorners in hell? (Az-Zumar 39:60)

And I'm not even talking about the fact that Mahomet successor instituted death penalty for anyone daring to say that Mahomet was a black man. :)

"Ahmad ibn Abi Sulayman, the companion of Sahnun, said, "Anyone who says that the Prophet was black SHOULD BE KILLED." "
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:33 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:That is a correct (?) translation. Mahomet is no where near a correct translation or transliteration. My Kindle even auto corrected 'Mahomet'.

Mahomet do is the correct transliteration in French (as well as in Germanic and other Romance languages I believe), and my own auto-correct change Muhamad to "Hamada" for whatever it's a proof of. :)

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Territories and States » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:36 am

Aelex wrote:

To be fair, I thought the same and even more as, until quite recently, I thought he was also the most racist and pro-slavery prophet of all time.
Apparently not.

"The apostle said, "Whoever wants to see Satan let him take a look at Nabtal b. al-Harith!" He was a sturdy black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks. He used to come and talk to the apostle and listen to him and then carry what he had said to the hypocrites. It was he who said: "Muhammad is all ears: if anyone tells him anything he believes it." God sent down concerning him: "And of them are those who annoy the prophet and say he is all ears, Say: Good ears for you. He believes in God and trusts the believers and is a mercy for those of you who believe; and those who annoy the apostle of God for them there is a painful punishment." (Sura 9:61)

On the Day when (some) faces will be whitened and (some) faces will be blackened; and as for those whose faces have been blackened, it will be said unto them: Disbelieved ye after your (profession of) belief? Then taste the punishment for that ye disbelieved. (Âl 'Imran 3:106)
And on the Day of Resurrection thou (Muhammad) seest those who lied concerning Allah with their faces blackened. Is not the home of the scorners in hell? (Az-Zumar 39:60)

And I'm not even talking about the fact that Mahomet successor instituted death penalty for anyone daring to say that Mahomet was a black man. :)

"Ahmad ibn Abi Sulayman, the companion of Sahnun, said, "Anyone who says that the Prophet was black SHOULD BE KILLED." "

I don't think it means Black racially.

Senegalboy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Senegalboy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:45 am

Aelex wrote:

Apparently not.

So if the prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) was racist so why was the call to prayer uttered first by bilal and the first martyr of islam was Ethiopian.He hated all racism and believed all men an were equal.

This nation is a Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation! Come join us today!

Senegalboy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Senegalboy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:47 am

United Territories and States wrote:
Aelex wrote:To be fair, I thought the same and even more as, until quite recently, I thought he was also the most racist and pro-slavery prophet of all time.
Apparently not.

I don't think it means Black racially.

It means a satanic type of shaded eyes like the sith from star wars

This nation is a Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation! Come join us today!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General