NATION

PASSWORD

[US Election 2016] Democratic Primary Megathread III

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:51 pm

Gauthier wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:
How quick you are to squander the right for which so many have fought and died.

Nothing worse than people who Feel the Bern because it was the hip thing to do and then scream "SELLOUT" when he does the one thing to give the Political Revolution a real chance to survive and spread.

I wasn't doing it cause it was hip. I was doing it cause the other options are a xenophobic bigot, and a lying nitwit. And now, that's all that's left.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:52 pm

Gauthier wrote:

Nothing worse than people who Feel the Bern because it was the hip thing to do and then scream "SELLOUT" when he does the one thing to give the Political Revolution a real chance to survive and spread.

Honestly, I don't see the complaint. The DNC corruption is, of course, problematic, but Bernie also got most of his platform adopted into the democratic platform.

He also got Hillary to commit to most of it, and him and Warren will be in the senate to hold her to it. He probably gained more in a loss than most presidential candidates have ever done.

What's the bitching about?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:52 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:I'm not voting AT ALL.

The right to choose between a douche...And a turd.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:53 pm

Galloism wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Honestly, I don't see the complaint. The DNC corruption is, of course, problematic, but Bernie also got most of his platform adopted into the democratic platform.

He also got Hillary to commit to most of it, and him and Warren will be in the senate to hold her to it. He probably gained more in a loss than most presidential candidates have ever done.

What's the bitching about?

People are sodiumed up that Bernie supported Hillary instead of trying to be the messianic figure they all wanted.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:53 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Out of spite.

People like you are doing far more to try to hand the election to Trump than Bernie ever could, or would.

No, they did that all by themselves by nominating Clinton.

No, they chose to nominate Clinton, not to elect Trump. You are the one who is choosing not to vote for a woman who is pushing for an enormously progressive platform because you didn't get what you wanted. That's fine, but don't put it on the Democrats.

And by the way, the "them" you're speaking of were the voters in the primaries and caucuses. Unless you're going to make the unsupportable but common argument that she won through a massive conspiracy of cheating involving holders of statewide offices of bot parties across the country, and media collusion (including Fox), then that's who you need to be pointing the finger at. And also at the Sanders campaign for not getting the vote out enough, or making their case well enough.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:54 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:

A South Park meme. How utterly insightful and persuasive.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Oh my God, it's a tired and overplayed South Park clip! Such a display of wit will surely take the place of an actual argument.

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Don't know if this is the right area to talk about it, but wouldn't it be better for Sanders, Warren, and their ilk to be in the Senate?

Because while the President gets to do all of the flashy stuff, the Congress is the one who actually drafts and vote on stuff.

Thus, if Sanders and co are in the Senate, they have a much greater chance of bringing change in.

That is, if he gets his followers to be excited about voting in midterm elections, the elections that really matter.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Gauthier wrote:

How about a Starcraft Meme?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Myrensis
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Out of spite.

People like you are doing far more to try to hand the election to Trump than Bernie ever could, or would.

No, they did that all by themselves by nominating Clinton.

"I didn't get my way, I'm taking my ball and going home!" :roll:

Fun fact bubby: If the Democrats lose this election to a tough guy caricature and a Republican party that has put forth one of it's most regressive platforms in decades, the lesson learned isn't going to be "Oh, we should have reached out more to those bitter Sanders supportes who declared Sanders himself too impure for them." it's going to be "The progressives are a toxic dead end of crazy, we need to shift back hard to the center and yank the rug out from beneath the Republicans like we did after Reagan."

So...congratulations, you'll be able to stroke your ego about how pure you were and how you refused to compromise your principles, and all it cost was shifting the country firmly back to the right and ensuring that all those progressive ideas you claim to believe in are put on the backburner for at least a generation.

The Bernie or Bust are the worst kind of ivory tower liberals, whining and demanding change, but refusing to get their hands dirty to achieve it and priding themselves on their purity and principle for it.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:56 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
No, they chose to nominate Clinton, not to elect Trump. You are the one who is choosing not to vote for a woman who is pushing for an enormously progressive platform because you didn't get what you wanted. That's fine, but don't put it on the Democrats.

Oh, I'm putting this on both sides. The Republicans for nominating a spray tanned fuckhead, and the democrats for electing a moron who doesn't have a snowballs chance in being him.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:56 pm

Gauthier wrote:

It was actually a video clip, not a meme.
I'm General Patton.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:57 pm

Myrensis wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:No, they did that all by themselves by nominating Clinton.

"I didn't get my way, I'm taking my ball and going home!" :roll:

Fun fact bubby: If the Democrats lose this election to a tough guy caricature and a Republican party that has put forth one of it's most regressive platforms in decades, the lesson learned isn't going to be "Oh, we should have reached out more to those bitter Sanders supportes who declared Sanders himself too impure for them." it's going to be "The progressives are a toxic dead end of crazy, we need to shift back hard to the center and yank the rug out from beneath the Republicans like we did after Reagan."

So...congratulations, you'll be able to stroke your ego about how pure you were and how you refused to compromise your principles, and all it cost was shifting the country firmly back to the right and ensuring that all those progressive ideas you claim to believe in are put on the backburner for at least a generation.

The Bernie or Bust are the worst kind of ivory tower liberals, whining and demanding change, but refusing to get their hands dirty to achieve it and priding themselves on their purity and principle for it.

I am not a liberal. I'm not an anything.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Oh, I'm putting this on both sides. The Republicans for nominating a spray tanned fuckhead, and the democrats for electing a moron who doesn't have a snowballs chance in being him.

The polls do not agree with your estimation of Clinton's chances.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Galloism wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

How about a Starcraft Meme?

It's at least somewhat closer to the truth, if not entirely on target, and gives some sense of the situation at hand rather than being a banal generalization.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Oh my God, it's a tired and overplayed South Park clip! Such a display of wit will surely take the place of an actual argument.

What argument is necessary for a tired and overplayed argument based on how 'Merica's brave soldiers of yesteryear gave their lives specifically so someone would vote for another person's preferred candidate instead of doing something else?
I'm General Patton.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

No, you're just sour that you didn't get Bernie Sanders as the Messiah Nominee and he decided to do the one thing to really get the Political Revolution going.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Galloism wrote:How about a Starcraft Meme?

It's at least somewhat closer to the truth, if not entirely on target, and gives some sense of the situation at hand rather than being a banal generalization.

It's sort of how I feel. Of course the pronoun should be adjusted, but there you go.

I was sort of impressed by Bill's story - I didn't remember Hillary being involved in the whole CHIP thing. Alcohol may be a factor. I'm also impressed how personally she got involved in defunding segregated colleges. I didn't remember that either.

So... + 5 points for historical activisim. I might learn to go from 'acceptance' to 'sort of positive about' if they keep this up.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, I'm putting this on both sides. The Republicans for nominating a spray tanned fuckhead, and the democrats for electing a moron who doesn't have a snowballs chance in being him.

No, you're just sour that you didn't get Bernie Sanders as the Messiah Nominee and he decided to do the one thing to really get the Political Revolution going.

I'm "sour", cause Trump just won the goddamn presidency.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Psst, you can do your part to prevent that by showing up and voting for Hillary.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

She has an enormous chance of beating him, which is what I'm assuming you meant to type (Not criticizing on that, as I slip up all the time). Trump's current lead WITH a post-convention bounce is less than 1%, which is pathetic after having four days of free airtime to make his case, and is far less than we saw for either McCain or Romney after their conventions.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Hey, you're staying home for the election so your prognostication doesn't matter. I mean if you really didn't want Trump to win you'd actually bother to vote.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:02 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

What argument is necessary for a tired and overplayed argument based on how 'Merica's brave soldiers of yesteryear gave their lives specifically so someone would vote for another person's preferred candidate instead of doing something else?

That argument is actually for voting at all, not necessarily for a preferred candidate.

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:02 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

You want to waste your right to vote, that's your call.

I would appreciate it, however, if you would stop trying to encourage others to do likewise by telling them the election is already lost in fucking July.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:02 pm

Galloism wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I'm "sour", cause Trump just won the goddamn presidency.

Psst, you can do your part to prevent that by showing up and voting for Hillary.

Oh, this again. The "Your vote matters" spiel. I get this every time I come in here.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General