NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favourite Right-Wing Idealogue

Edmund Burke
15%
William F. Buckley
9%
Dostoevsky
8%
Evola
10%
De Maistre
4%
Disraeli
9%
Other
45%

Total votes : 418

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:19 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:Personally I never get why people are more scared of the "threat" of Arabs than they are, say, Slavs. A Syrian Germany is preferable to a Polish one.

?
You don't hate Slavs do you?
Last edited by Jochistan on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:22 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Jochistan wrote:From what I understand, "Multiculturalism" means lack of integration encouraged and everyone being allowed to keep every aspect of their culture when they go to another culture.

That's unacceptable. Anywhere in the world.

No, that's not what it means. Multiculturalism is simply the existence of multiple cultures in a country.

Well, "multiple cultures" need to find common ground and integrate. Certain cultural practices must be left behind for unity with the home culture. Or blended together in North Americas case.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.

Zoice
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoice » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:23 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Jochistan wrote:From what I understand, "Multiculturalism" means lack of integration encouraged and everyone being allowed to keep every aspect of their culture when they go to another culture.

That's unacceptable. Anywhere in the world.

No, that's not what it means. Multiculturalism is simply the existence of multiple cultures in a country.

My understanding of it here in Canada (or, the interpretation of it that I support) is that people of different ethnic, religious, cultural, national etc. backgrounds can live together and coexist. That doesn't mean that each culture gets to live by its own rules, or that each non-English culture get's its own ghetto, it's supposed to mean that everyone mingles integrates and coexists without fear of discrimination.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you're ignorant about human sexuality and want to let everyone know. ♂♀
Or if you're an asshole that goes out of your way to bully minorities and call them words with the strict intent of upsetting a demographic that is already at a huge risk of suicide, or being murdered for who they are. :)

For: Abortions, Anomalocaris, Atheism, Anti-theism, Being a good person, Genetic Engineering, LGBT rights, Sammy Harris, the Sandman, Science, Secular humanism
Against: AGW Denialism, Anti-Semitism, Banning religion, Ends, Hillary Clinton, Islamophobia, Means, Mother Theresa, Organized religion, Pacifism, Prejudice, the Pope, Political Correctness, Racism, Regressive Lefties and Righties, Republican Candidates, Theism, Violence

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:24 pm

Jochistan wrote:
The Grey Wolf wrote:Personally I never get why people are more scared of the "threat" of Arabs than they are, say, Slavs. A Syrian Germany is preferable to a Polish one.

?

I view them largely as barbarians who should never be accepted into Western countries unless they renounce their culture.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:26 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:
Jochistan wrote:?

I view them largely as barbarians who should never be accepted into Western countries unless they renounce their culture.

Oh dear.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:26 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Geilinor wrote:No, that's not what it means. Multiculturalism is simply the existence of multiple cultures in a country.

Well, "multiple cultures" need to find common ground and integrate. Certain cultural practices must be left behind for unity with the home culture. Or blended together in North Americas case.

Would you advocate for a single global culture?

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:29 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:

Yeah, well
Slavs aren't exactly united by culture so much as to be painted with such a large brush like that.

Sure, Serbs, Ukrainians and a few others have an increasingly nazi-like mentality spreading through their cultures. But that's definitely not true for all Slavs.
Last edited by Jochistan on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:30 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Jochistan wrote:Well, "multiple cultures" need to find common ground and integrate. Certain cultural practices must be left behind for unity with the home culture. Or blended together in North Americas case.

Would you advocate for a single global culture?

No.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:31 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Jochistan wrote:No.

Why not?

Because it's not possible and it results in erosion and disruption of certain cultures.

Dinake
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dinake » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:34 pm

I'd rather a Polish Germany than a Syrian one. Admittedly that's just religious bigotry, though.
What's wrong with Poles?
Catholic traditionalist, anti-capitalist with medievalist/distributist influences, monarchist. The drunk uncle of nationstates. Puppet of Dio. Don't sell the vatican.
Look if you name your child "Reince Priebus" and he ends up as a functionary in an authoritarian regime you only have yourself to blame
-Ross Douthat, reacting to Trump's presumptive nomination.
Darrell Castle 2016!

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:36 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Jochistan wrote:Because it's not possible and it results in erosion and disruption of certain cultures.

That argument is applicable to smaller scale jurisdictions.

If the right policies of anti integration and anti unity are pursued.

Dinake
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dinake » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:36 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:

West Slavs are great. East Slavs and South Slavs are also fine, but most of them need to convert.
I don't see what's wrong with them. Most countries could learn a thing or two from Poland.
Catholic traditionalist, anti-capitalist with medievalist/distributist influences, monarchist. The drunk uncle of nationstates. Puppet of Dio. Don't sell the vatican.
Look if you name your child "Reince Priebus" and he ends up as a functionary in an authoritarian regime you only have yourself to blame
-Ross Douthat, reacting to Trump's presumptive nomination.
Darrell Castle 2016!

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:42 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Conscentia wrote:That argument is applicable to smaller scale jurisdictions.

If the right policies of anti integration and anti unity are pursued.

How would policies of anti-integration and anti-unity in a jurisdiction smaller than the whole of Earth result "in erosion and disruption of certain cultures"?

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:54 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Geilinor wrote:No, that's not what it means. Multiculturalism is simply the existence of multiple cultures in a country.

Integration and multiculturalism are not incompatible.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Jochistan wrote:If the right policies of anti integration and anti unity are pursued.

How would policies of anti-integration and anti-unity in a jurisdiction smaller than the whole of Earth result "in erosion and disruption of certain cultures"?

In that they would cause disunity in one nation. Which would lead to culture eroding conflict and attitudes.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:45 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Jochistan wrote:Well, "multiple cultures" need to find common ground and integrate. Certain cultural practices must be left behind for unity with the home culture. Or blended together in North Americas case.

Integration and multiculturalism are not incompatible.

That's what I thiught too, but apparently when people say multiculturalism they mean the anti integrative salad bowl model every time they say multiculturalism.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Conscentia wrote:How would policies of anti-integration and anti-unity in a jurisdiction smaller than the whole of Earth result "in erosion and disruption of certain cultures"?

In that they would cause disunity in one nation. Which would lead to culture eroding conflict and attitudes.

Earlier you said that you wouldn't advocate the homogenisation of culture because that would result "in erosion and disruption of certain cultures", and now you seem to be saying that policies meant to prevent the homogenisation of culture would also result "in erosion and disruption of certain cultures". You seem to think that the same result will occur regardless of the policies pursued.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:58 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Jochistan wrote:In that they would cause disunity in one nation. Which would lead to culture eroding conflict and attitudes.

Earlier you said that you wouldn't advocate the homogenisation of culture because that would result "in erosion and disruption of certain cultures", and now you seem to be saying that policies meant to prevent the homogenisation of culture would also result "in erosion and disruption of certain cultures". You seem to think that the same result will occur regardless of the policies pursued.

No. I don't.

I think that nations and peoples have their own cultures that foreigners should integrate to to an extent.

But I just don't think a global one is possible or preferable.

You're twisting what I was saying to make it sound hypocritical just because I'm not an autistic that thinks the only course of action for any position is to choose between two extremes.
Last edited by Jochistan on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Conscentia wrote:Earlier you said that you wouldn't advocate the homogenisation of culture because that would result "in erosion and disruption of certain cultures", and now you seem to be saying that policies meant to prevent the homogenisation of culture would also result "in erosion and disruption of certain cultures". You seem to think that the same result will occur regardless of the policies pursued.

No. I don't.
I think that nations and peoples have their own cultures that foreigners should integrate to to an extent.
You're twisting what I was saying to make it sound hypocritical just because I'm not an autistic that thinks the only course of action for any position is to choose between two extremes.

National boundaries are arbitrary. How much land can they enclose before homogenisation becomes bad?
Last edited by Conscentia on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:25 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Jochistan wrote:No. I don't.

National boundaries are arbitrary. How much land can they enclose before homogenisation becomes bad?

That depends on the culture, I guess.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General