NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favourite Right-Wing Idealogue

Edmund Burke
15%
William F. Buckley
9%
Dostoevsky
8%
Evola
10%
De Maistre
4%
Disraeli
9%
Other
45%

Total votes : 418

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Calimera II » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:53 pm

Reagan-land wrote:
Calimera II wrote:
Why don't you just return in summer?

If you are clueless about how economies work you shouldn't be in a right wing thread.

How old are you?

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:53 pm

Reagan-land wrote:
Calimera II wrote:

If you are clueless about how economies work you shouldn't be in a right wing thread.

The question was about Trump supporters. Don't try to make this about someone else.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Reagan-land
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan-land » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Hillary Clinton 2016-2024 wrote:
Hillary Clinton 2016-2024 wrote:Are you guys moderate leftist or really Left wing leftist?And how long d'you think it'll be before the right wingers hijack this like we did to them?

OHH SHITE WRONG THREAD

Bitch came to the wrong neighborhood^

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Postby Calimera II » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:55 pm

Reagan-land wrote:
Hillary Clinton 2016-2024 wrote:OHH SHITE WRONG THREAD

I am afraid nobody actually lives in your neighborhood and that's with a very obvious reason.
Last edited by Calimera II on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reagan-land
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan-land » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:55 pm

Calimera II wrote:
Reagan-land wrote:

How old are you?

That is irrelevant to you, I am just a stranger on the internet and so are you. I could be a 12 year old hiding under a blanket or an old man with nothing better to do

Reagan-land
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan-land » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:56 pm

Calimera II wrote:
Reagan-land wrote:

I am afraid nobody actually lives in your neighborhood and that's with a very obvious reason.

Ive gotten that before. A bit of a bad habit but... meh

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Postby Calimera II » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Reagan-land wrote:
Calimera II wrote:I am afraid nobody actually lives in your neighborhood and that's with a very obvious reason.

Ive gotten that before. A bit of a bad habit but... meh

Maybe it's time to change some habbits, don't you think?

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Kauthar wrote:•And the war against cultural marxism

I wasn't aware right-wingers knew what the Frankfurt School was...
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
Solntsa Roshcha --- Postmodern Poyltheist
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."
-Renzo Novatore, Verso il Nulla Creatore

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Korouse wrote:What do you mean exactly? I wouldn't consider Trump Centre-right, unless you're talking about Kasich, who wasn't the subject of the question.

No, fuck Trump and nearly every other candidate, I mean.

There's no meaningful place for center rightists in the party or anywhere in America anymore because of Trump and pretty much every other major candidate.

There's no meaningful place for center rightists in the Democratic Party ever since they got rid of Webb.
My point is that candidates do not reflect the entirety of a party's categorization on a left-right scale.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Reagan-land
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan-land » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Calimera II wrote:
Reagan-land wrote:

Was not funny. Try harder

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:58 pm

So, what do you guys think of Paleoconservatism?

Personally, I think it's worse than Salmonella.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Are most of you guys nationalists?
I clearly would be one, but are you guys more economically minded or conservatively minded?
Varemeist tõuseb kättemaks! Eesti on Hiiumaast Petserini!
Pray for a new spiritual crusade against the left!-Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium
For: A Christian West, Tradition, Pepe, Catholicism, St. Thomas Aquinas, the rosary, warm cider, ramen noodles, kbac, Latin, Gavin McInnes, Pro-Life, kebabs, stability, Opus Dei
Against: the left wing, the Englightenment, Black Lives Matter, Islam, homosexual/transgender agenda, cultural marxism

Boycott Coke, drink Fanta

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Reagan-land wrote:
Korouse wrote:I was more or less asking people who actually support Trump - but thank you for the information nonetheless guys.

As oppose to... un-educated economically oblivious Sanders supporters? Who think he's answering to THERE needs? :rofl:

Educated enough to see the irony in that post, at least.

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Jochistan wrote:So, what do you guys think of Paleoconservatism?

Paleoconservatism is on the right track, but not right on a lot of issues. :)
Varemeist tõuseb kättemaks! Eesti on Hiiumaast Petserini!
Pray for a new spiritual crusade against the left!-Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium
For: A Christian West, Tradition, Pepe, Catholicism, St. Thomas Aquinas, the rosary, warm cider, ramen noodles, kbac, Latin, Gavin McInnes, Pro-Life, kebabs, stability, Opus Dei
Against: the left wing, the Englightenment, Black Lives Matter, Islam, homosexual/transgender agenda, cultural marxism

Boycott Coke, drink Fanta

Reagan-land
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan-land » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Jochistan wrote:No, fuck Trump and nearly every other candidate, I mean.

There's no meaningful place for center rightists in the party or anywhere in America anymore because of Trump and pretty much every other major candidate.

There's no meaningful place for center rightists in the Democratic Party ever since they got rid of Webb.
My point is that candidates do not reflect the entirety of a party's categorization on a left-right scale.

The idea of a right wing democratic party has died, essentially until the democrats and republicans decide to have another game of "lets totally switch ideas and everything we stand for"

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Reagan-land wrote:
Calimera II wrote:

Ah, so you're hoping to not add to the surplus, then.

Reagan-land
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan-land » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Jumalariik wrote:

Whats that???

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Postby Calimera II » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Jumalariik wrote:Are most of you guys nationalists?
I clearly would be one, but are you guys more economically minded or conservatively minded?

Economically, I am on the left side of the spectrum. Socially, I am conservative and nationalistic? Yes sir.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Reagan-land wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:There's no meaningful place for center rightists in the Democratic Party ever since they got rid of Webb.

The idea of a right wing democratic party has died, essentially until the democrats and republicans decide to have another game of "lets totally switch ideas and everything we stand for"

I'd say that most of the Democrats would be described in Europe as Center-right sans Bernie Sanders who is center-left. The US is just so capitalistic that one doesn't really see the Democrats as a moderate right when the Republicans are far right economically.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Lyras
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:06 pm

Jumalariik wrote:

Only the weak need fear salmonella.

Paleocons aren't too bad. There are far worse out there. I am not all that confident in the paleocon capacity to generate meaningful revitalisation of our culture within the west, but that criticism can be levelled at many.
Mokastana: Then Lyras happened.

Allanea: Wanting to avoid fighting Lyras' fuck-huge military is also a reasonable IC consideration

TPF: Who is stupid enough to attack a Lyran convoy?

Sumer: Honestly, I'd rather face Doom's military with Doom having a 3-1 advantage over me, than take a 1-1 fight with a well-supplied Lyran tank unit.

Kinsgard: RL Lyras is like a real life video game character.

Ieperithem: Eighty four. Eighty four percent of their terrifyingly massive GDP goes directly into their military. And they actually know how to manage it. It's safe to say there isn't a single nation that could feasibly stand against them if they wanted it to die.
Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyran Arms - Lambda Financial - Foreign Holdings - Tracker - Photo - OOC sentiments

Reagan-land
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan-land » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:10 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Reagan-land wrote:

I'd say that most of the Democrats would be described in Europe as Center-right sans Bernie Sanders who is center-left. The US is just so capitalistic that one doesn't really see the Democrats as a moderate right when the Republicans are far right economically.

I don't know much about where US presidential candidates fall on the right-left spectrum in Europe. Europe sees the Republicans as having far right economics though huh? That's interesting

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:11 pm

Reagan-land wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:I'd say that most of the Democrats would be described in Europe as Center-right sans Bernie Sanders who is center-left. The US is just so capitalistic that one doesn't really see the Democrats as a moderate right when the Republicans are far right economically.

I don't know much about where US presidential candidates fall on the right-left spectrum in Europe. Europe sees the Republicans as having far right economics though huh? That's interesting

Remember, social democrats have political viability in most European countries. They are what would be akin to Bernie Sanders.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Postby Calimera II » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:14 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Reagan-land wrote:

Remember, social democrats have political viability in most European countries. They are what would be akin to Bernie Sanders.

Bernie Sanders would be a vague centrist with weird conservative tendencies.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:14 pm

Reagan-land wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:I'd say that most of the Democrats would be described in Europe as Center-right sans Bernie Sanders who is center-left. The US is just so capitalistic that one doesn't really see the Democrats as a moderate right when the Republicans are far right economically.

I'm an American and I see the Republicans as having become hard right.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:15 pm

Calimera II wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Remember, social democrats have political viability in most European countries. They are what would be akin to Bernie Sanders.

Bernie Sanders would be a vague centrist with weird conservative tendencies.

In Europe, yeah. In the US, nope... This is the land of the taxes are too damn high Tea Party.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads