NATION

PASSWORD

Pig Head Thrown at Philadelphia Mosque

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:44 pm

Could've been worse. Hope it doesn't get any worse.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:52 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Gun Manufacturers wrote:I wonder what weasel tastes like.

Crotch.

This is NSG. You think that answer is going to help most people here?
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

The Hobbesian Metaphysician
Minister

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hobbesian Metaphysician » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:09 pm

Ugatoo wrote:
Povinksi wrote:Disgusting. Could we all just leave all religions alone?

As soon as religions leave me alone I'll return the favour.

Maybe after the last of humanity is dead since our inherent irrationality is going nowhere.
I am just going to lay it out here, I am going to be very blunt.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:13 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:Probably littering fines could be brought forward, significant even, hopefully enough to plea-bargain it down to some community service.

Alternatively, bioterrorism charges and the death penalty pleaded down to life without parole.

Judge: So . . .Scarecrow, you think you can frighten this righteous city with your newest chemical weapons?

Defendant: But your honor! My name is John B Green, not scarecrow, and it was not a chemical weapon, just something to show my disdain of this backwards religion. . .

Judge: Shut it Crane, you should be thankful you're not given the chair . . . today. May your nightmares be as dark as your heart in your new home, a 12 by 9 cell. Guards, take him away!
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:31 pm

Herskerstad wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Alternatively, bioterrorism charges and the death penalty pleaded down to life without parole.

Judge: So . . .Scarecrow, you think you can frighten this righteous city with your newest chemical weapons?

Defendant: But your honor! My name is John B Green, not scarecrow, and it was not a chemical weapon, just something to show my disdain of this backwards religion. . .

Judge: Shut it Crane, you should be thankful you're not given the chair . . . today. May your nightmares be as dark as your heart in your new home, a 12 by 9 cell. Guards, take him away!

You'd be okay with me, say, hanging an effigy of Christ outside a church, then? Because Christianity is backward and outdated?
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Litorea
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Litorea » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:40 pm

Ugatoo wrote:
Lyras wrote:Indicative of the rising fury of many people in the West at the perceived failure of their political representatives to resolve what is seen to be a threat to cultural and national integrity.

Not a very helpful gesture, but not one we ought consider unlikely.

Yes they are doing it because Obama isn't protecting the US well enough and not because they are ignorant bigots who were just looking for an excuse.

Yes, because it's not like people are complex beings with complex motivations. They're just bigots, and nothing but bigots! They eat, drink, breathe, and speak bigot!

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hobbesian Metaphysician » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:43 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:Judge: So . . .Scarecrow, you think you can frighten this righteous city with your newest chemical weapons?

You'd be okay with me, say, hanging an effigy of Christ outside a church, then? Because Christianity is backward and outdated?

How incredibly stupid.

The effigy would be gone in three days due to resurrection.

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:04 pm

The Hobbesian Metaphysician wrote:
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:You'd be okay with me, say, hanging an effigy of Christ outside a church, then? Because Christianity is backward and outdated?

How incredibly stupid.

The effigy would be gone in three days due to resurrection.

Not if you don't put him in a tomb. If they'd just left him up there for the birds to pick clean, maybe we wouldn't be in this religious mess. :P

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:52 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:Judge: So . . .Scarecrow, you think you can frighten this righteous city with your newest chemical weapons?

What I'd think of you would be largely irrelevant. The law however . . really depends on the display itself? Does it insight violence against any groups? Is it on the public land or the property of the church itself? In regards to the prior position I've said that the most likely thing that one could be prosecuted for is littering. I doubt a threat would stick come the court. And hopefully the offender would have to do some community service alongside a significant fine. But you'd know that if you read the prior posts.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Alyakia wrote:
Kozmodan wrote:Being a dick is not illegal
Explain to me what was vandalized

i'm farily sure that attempted would also come under it

we should probably establish that even if being a dick not illegal and nothing was vandalized throwing pigs heads away on the street is not legal

Donating food at a house of worship near Christmas time is not legal ;) ?

*wonders how a judge would respond to that*
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:03 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Alyakia wrote:

we should probably establish that even if being a dick not illegal and nothing was vandalized throwing pigs heads away on the street is not legal

And then setting Muslims on fire can be called Keeping the Devout Warm. *nod nod*
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hobbesian Metaphysician » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:04 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Alyakia wrote:

Well for one just on legitimate sanitary reasons alone you shouldn't be eating meat tossed out in the open. So I suppose it could count as bad attempt at slighted humor turned health hazard.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:07 pm

Gauthier wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:Donating food at a house of worship near Christmas time is not legal ;) ?

And then setting Muslims on fire can be called Keeping the Devout Warm. *nod nod*

Exactly :) It is winter time after all.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:09 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Exactly :) It is winter time after all.

"It was just an accident that the Muslims and the mosque caught fire and burnt down Your Honor. It's not arson."
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:34 am

Gauthier wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:Donating food at a house of worship near Christmas time is not legal ;) ?

Bukhari 11:626
The Prophet said, "No prayer is harder for the hypocrites than the Fajr and the 'Isha' prayers and if they knew the reward for these prayers at their respective times, they would certainly present themselves (in the mosques) even if they had to crawl." The Prophet added, "Certainly I decided to order the Mu'adh-dhin (call-maker) to pronounce Iqama and order a man to lead the prayer and then take a fire flame to burn all those who had not left their houses so far for the prayer along with their houses."
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Tafhan
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tafhan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:45 am

Crockerland wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

The Prophet said, "No prayer is harder for the hypocrites than the Fajr and the 'Isha' prayers and if they knew the reward for these prayers at their respective times, they would certainly present themselves (in the mosques) even if they had to crawl." The Prophet added, "Certainly I decided to order the Mu'adh-dhin (call-maker) to pronounce Iqama and order a man to lead the prayer and then take a fire flame to burn all those who had not left their houses so far for the prayer along with their houses."

Ah yes. The Hadith. Written 200 years after Muhammad died. Carried exclusively towards claims people had about ancestors literally hearing from a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy who heard Muhammad say (blank). Collected from Isolated provincials and judged based on the apparent merit of the people giving the testimonials .

Seems fookin legit m8.

By the way, Most Muslims are about as aware of "narrations" like that as Christians are about God telling sinners to eat the flesh of their enemies children or stone their disobedient kids in the OT.
|We are few, but we are bitter|

A Theocracy done the right way ( almost ) all of the time.
We are not a Muslim nation
OOC
My nation does not necessarily represent my irl views…kinda.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:12 am

Crockerland wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

The Hadith are not uncommonly corrupted, apocryphal and very contradictory. Made to be argued over. And yes, they had begun to be written 200 years after Muhammad died. I really wouldn't advise using them as a historical source.

That Hadith in particular has a couple weak sahabi in the narration and is not accepted as trustworthy by most historians of Muhammad, religious or secular, or the few that have heard of it. And Contradicts several other Hadith that it is Haram to kill or harrass any believer no matter how unobservant. And Contradicts the Qur'anic verse of "No compulsion within the deen (religion)" (2:256) which is an instant disqualification as Hadith go.

It also contradicts the Books of the Histories of Muhammad outside the Hadith (Ibn Ishaq, Ibn Kathir, Abu Nu'aym Ibn Hisham, Al Tabari) The Complete History of Muhammad's Life based on the earliest sources. Which don't detail a single order of the sort taking place.

Also, worth mentioning, that Hadith does not appear in the rulings of any of the Books of fiqh.

I've talked about that Hadith too. Some Arabic brothers I've met say that it's mistranslated (by Mohsin Khan and other translators of Bukhari) and that "The purpose is not to burn the house, the purpose is to show the level of sin of skipping prayers on purpose".

Which I think is a stretch. I think that it's just a corrupt Hadith that goes against the Qur'an and the Sunnah. And seems pretty uncharacteristic of Muhammad based on 90% of the other Hadith on the subject of prayer and religious compulsion.

And, actually the Hadith were written 200 years after the 4th caliph after Muhammad died. And were essentially made to be argued over.
Last edited by Jochistan on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:34 am

Tafhan wrote:Ah yes. The Hadith. Written 200 years after Muhammad died. Carried exclusively towards claims people had about ancestors literally hearing from a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy who heard Muhammad say (blank). Collected from Isolated provincials and judged based on the apparent merit of the people giving the testimonials .

Seems fookin legit m8.

By the way, Most Muslims are about as aware of "narrations" like that as Christians are about God telling sinners to eat the flesh of their enemies children or stone their disobedient kids in the OT.

Jochistan wrote:The Hadith are not uncommonly corrupted, apocryphal and very contradictory. Made to be argued over. And yes, they had begun to be written 200 years after Muhammad died. I really wouldn't advise using them as a historical source.

That Hadith in particular has a couple weak sahabi in the narration and is not accepted as trustworthy by most historians of Muhammad, religious or secular, or the few that have heard of it. And Contradicts several other Hadith that it is Haram to kill or harrass any believer no matter how unobservant. And Contradicts the Qur'anic verse of "No compulsion within the deen (religion)" (2:256) which is an instant disqualification as Hadith go.

It also contradicts the Books of the Histories of Muhammad outside the Hadith (Ibn Ishaq, Ibn Kathir, Abu Nu'aym Ibn Hisham, Al Tabari) The Complete History of Muhammad's Life based on the earliest sources. Which don't detail a single order of the sort taking place.

Also, worth mentioning, that Hadith does not appear in the rulings of any of the Books of fiqh.

I've talked about that Hadith too. Some Arabic brothers I've met say that it's mistranslated (by Mohsin Khan and other translators of Bukhari) and that "The purpose is not to burn the house, the purpose is to show the level of sin of skipping prayers on purpose".

Which I think is a stretch. I think that it's just a corrupt Hadith that goes against the Qur'an and the Sunnah. And seems pretty uncharacteristic of Muhammad based on 90% of the other Hadith on the subject of prayer and religious compulsion.

And, actually the Hadith were written 200 years after the 4th caliph after Muhammad died. And were essentially made to be argued over.

At this point The Onion could write a satirical article "exposing" Muslims as cultists trying to revive Cthulhu when The Stars Are Right and people would still source it as a legitimate piece to denounce all Muslims.

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:41 am

Gauthier wrote:
Tafhan wrote:Ah yes. The Hadith. Written 200 years after Muhammad died. Carried exclusively towards claims people had about ancestors literally hearing from a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy who heard Muhammad say (blank). Collected from Isolated provincials and judged based on the apparent merit of the people giving the testimonials .

Seems fookin legit m8.

Jochistan wrote:The Hadith are not uncommonly corrupted, apocryphal and very contradictory. Made to be argued over. And yes, they had begun to be written 200 years after Muhammad died. I really wouldn't advise using them as a historical source.

At this point The Onion could write a satirical article "exposing" Muslims as cultists trying to revive Cthulhu when The Stars Are Right and people would still source it as a legitimate piece to denounce all Muslims.

Well, who could blame Muslims for trying to revive Cthulhu? Cultists get eaten first, and we can expect no more mercy than that.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:43 am

Gauthier wrote:At this point The Onion could write a satirical article "exposing" Muslims as cultists trying to revive Cthulhu when The Stars Are Right and people would still source it as a legitimate piece to denounce all Muslims.

Well, the Kitab al-Azif was written by a "mad Arab" if you recall :P

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:44 am

Ifreann wrote:
Gauthier wrote:At this point The Onion could write a satirical article "exposing" Muslims as cultists trying to revive Cthulhu when The Stars Are Right and people would still source it as a legitimate piece to denounce all Muslims.

Well, who could blame Muslims for trying to revive Cthulhu? Cultists get eaten first, and we can expect no more mercy than that.

Wait, I thought getting eaten last was the mercy.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:45 am

Throw the head in the trash, never mention this incident ever again and don't give the people that did it the gratification of having their infantile shit making the news.

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:46 am

Gauthier wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Well, who could blame Muslims for trying to revive Cthulhu? Cultists get eaten first, and we can expect no more mercy than that.

Quite the opposite. Think about it, if you get eaten last, that means you have the spend the longest amount of time alive with Cthulu going around eating people. Better to get eaten quickly.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:46 am

Gauthier wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Well, who could blame Muslims for trying to revive Cthulhu? Cultists get eaten first, and we can expect no more mercy than that.

No, first. So that you do not have to see your loved ones suffer.

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:48 am

Well at-least it wasn't deadly...
(Note to terrorists, this is how western savages protest, not beheading.)
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General