NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates' Transgender Thread II

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Val Halla wrote:OMG smooth!

Nya?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Val Halla wrote:OMG smooth!

Nya?

It feels great

You can tellm I've never done it, because they look kinda shit, but it feels awesome!
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Nya?

It feels great

You can tellm I've never done it, because they look kinda shit, but it feels awesome!

You shaved?
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
You can't fight the friction
Women belong in the kitchen
Men belong in the kitchen
Everyone belongs in the kitchen
Kitchen has food
I have brought dishonor to my gaming clan
Achesia wrote:Threads like this is why I need to stop coming to NSG....

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:
Hagia Sophia is best church.

Major-Tom wrote:Why am I full of apathy?

I'm just here to be the peanut gallery
уσυ нανєи'т gσт тнє fυℓℓ єffє¢т

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:14 pm

Yeah, I shaved my legs for the first time today as well.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:14 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
Val Halla wrote:It feels great

You shaved?

Indeed
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:Does anyone else see leggings as infinitely more feminine than skirts? Because I can't picture myself wearing leggings, but I totally see skirts as gender-neutral enough to wear pretty much anytime (except on really masculine days, because then I prefer pants).

I love leggings. Particularly with boots, knee high. I've even wore leggings under skirts. Comfy comfy.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Val Halla wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:You shaved?

Indeed

You liked it right? The first time is best time.
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
Kitchen has food

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:18 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
Val Halla wrote:Indeed

You liked it right? The first time is best time.

It's not great though. Couldn't get it all. Water started going cold. Lept out
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Ithqington
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ithqington » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Val Halla wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:You liked it right? The first time is best time.

So which water is best for shaving? Hot. Warm or Cold?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Ithqington wrote:
Val Halla wrote:It's not great though. Couldn't get it all. Water started going cold. Lept out

Warm. At least in my experience.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:27 pm

Ithqington wrote:
Val Halla wrote:It's not great though. Couldn't get it all. Water started going cold. Lept out

No idea. I had warm
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Val Halla wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:You liked it right? The first time is best time.

Hmm, I used an electric shaver*. Oddly it seems to do a better job on everything EXCEPT my face...go figure.

*I have to shave my thighs sometimes for diabetic sets and one day I was like w/e and shaved my legs completely, now I do it often in the winter because they're so soft~
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:55 pm

Sucrati wrote:I believe that some of you know who I am. I may have debated (and lost) on many occasions with member nations of NS in various threads. Threads which include religious and LGBT related issues. I even stated ages ago (and it was taken as a pretty bad joke, even though I meant it at the time) of saying that gender orientation was a choice and you could choose to be gay or straight. I know that I am wrong on all counts, especially since my drive to prove my points was out of fear of opening my mind to my own gender and sexual identity. I feared those ideas because of constant berating and punishment by my parents for even stepping out of line or breathing the wrong way. Then my grandparents took me in and and they were rather religious in nature, so much so that my grandpa would turn the channel when a gay or lesbian couple was featured (much to my confusion). Of course, being the oddball in the school, I was constantly picked on. Yes, my reactions to being touched by guys (especially butt slaps) were considered homophobic, usually yelling at them to stay away from me. I never called anyone gay or anything like that, I just didn't like being touched.

The ideas of me being a girl brought me joy in a place filled with misery. But, due to my parents and grandparents finding those kinds of ideas to either be attention seeking or outright heinous, I kept them to myself. I believe the yearning to be a girl started when I was 5 or so. I became aware that I might have been bisexual (but didn't understand it, which led to me burying those thoughts) came around when I was in high school but I didn't explore it, like I've stated, out of fear.

I also consider myself a furry and have considered myself one since 2012 or so. I didn't get involved in it til 2014. So there you have it, I am bisexual, transgender (but unable to transition due to lack of resources), and a furry.

As for my political beliefs, I consider myself a classical liberal (from a deeply rooted conservative), meaning I want people to be who they want to be and what they want to be. Pending that they don't murder, maim, hurt, or kill others around them. I'm still working out some issues but I feel comfortable enough to come out here. Of course, I still have some fear of being disowned/being abandoned but it's mainly out of anxiety and the lack of self confidence. I'm not even religious anymore, not having practiced it in quite sometime.

I am sorry if I've ever offended anyone or hurt anyone by saying something stupid or hurtful.

And I sort of know the fears as I had such bad experiences involving a lesbian that I denied my transgender status due to the fact that being a transwoman attracted to other women would make me a lesbian.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:56 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Italios wrote:As a tl;dr for others: you're bisexual, transgender and a furry (Have you met Furry Alairia and Algeria?) And no, you said it like it is. That's fine.

Hello. :)

)

Please end your parentheses >:(

:shock: Oh no, I am sorry!
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:57 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:

Hmm, I used an electric shaver*. Oddly it seems to do a better job on everything EXCEPT my face...go figure.

*I have to shave my thighs sometimes for diabetic sets and one day I was like w/e and shaved my legs completely, now I do it often in the winter because they're so soft~

The smooth feeling is great.
Slava Ukraini

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:58 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:

I think my leg hair was too long for the maual
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:59 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:Does anyone else see leggings as infinitely more feminine than skirts? Because I can't picture myself wearing leggings, but I totally see skirts as gender-neutral enough to wear pretty much anytime (except on really masculine days, because then I prefer pants).

I can't picture myself wearing leggings because this meme made me have nightmares of leggings and cellulite.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:14 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
Vassenor wrote:So I guess I tried and kind of completely failed to do a thing.

You look a little annoyed, it looks fine.

Also I had taken off my glasses so I was squinting a little so I could still kind of see since I couldn't be bothered to put contacts in for one photo.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:27 pm

From a discussion in the Segregated Bathrooms thread (I thought this could be pertinent to you ladies, gents, agender and non binary people):

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I have a question, regarding that, wouldn't outright eliminating gendered bathrooms be seen as robbing some people of the ability to manifest their gender expression? I'm curious.

What do you all think?
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:29 pm

I am fine with them, personally. I just want to be in the right one. I think the bathroom is a private place
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:34 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:From a discussion in the Segregated Bathrooms thread (I thought this could be pertinent to you ladies, gents, agender and non binary people):

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:It really might make more sense in those cases to just label them 'restroom' and allow anyone to use as needs to - if necessary, if they have a urinal and stall, those should be the new designations, rather than the male/female ones, so people could use whichever facility met their needs.

I have a question, regarding that, wouldn't outright eliminating gendered bathrooms be seen as robbing some people of the ability to manifest their gender expression? I'm curious.

What do you all think?[/quote]
Possibly yes, gender abolition is from what I understand is a radical stance. And while it seems like a good PR/PC move I think people should be allowed to express their gender how they want. The only problem with it is that sometimes transgenders and transsexuals may be met with derision or even violence when going into the bathrooms.
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:35 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:Possibly yes, gender abolition is from what I understand is a radical stance. And while it seems like a good PR/PC move I think people should be allowed to express their gender how they want. The only problem with it is that sometimes transgenders and transsexuals may be met with derision or even violence when going into the bathrooms.

Let me expand. One sec.

Ok, here we go (I was trying to arrange my thoughts coherently).

See, inherently, I am privileged when compared to a trans woman. Plain and simple. I'm a cisgender woman, my identity as one has never been in question or attacked. I have been able to express it, always. But that's not always the case with transwomen. Would eliminating gendered bathrooms not rob them of the opportunity to go to the privy that aligns with their gender expression? Wouldn't eliminating gendered bathrooms just rob her of the opportunity to be able to go to the woman's bathroom, as recognition of her status as a woman?

On the same venue, what about transmen?
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slava Ukraini

Val Halla
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:46 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:Possibly yes, gender abolition is from what I understand is a radical stance. And while it seems like a good PR/PC move I think people should be allowed to express their gender how they want. The only problem with it is that sometimes transgenders and transsexuals may be met with derision or even violence when going into the bathrooms.

Let me expand. One sec.

See, inherently, I am privileged when compared to a trans woman. Plain and simple. I'm a cisgender woman, my identity as one has never been in question or attacked. I have been able to express it, always. But that's not always the case with transwomen. Would eliminating gendered bathrooms not rob them of the opportunity to go to the privy that aligns with their gender expression? Wouldn't eliminating gendered bathrooms just rob her of the opportunity to be able to go to the woman's bathroom, as recognition of her status as a woman?

They take as much and never give
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:48 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Let me expand. One sec.

They take as much and never give

I'm not sure I understand this. Could you expand?
Slava Ukraini

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:48 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:From a discussion in the Segregated Bathrooms thread (I thought this could be pertinent to you ladies, gents, agender and non binary people):

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I have a question, regarding that, wouldn't outright eliminating gendered bathrooms be seen as robbing some people of the ability to manifest their gender expression? I'm curious.

What do you all think?

I feel like it may make more comfortable using the restroom, but it may not feel that great once the parts and mind match for me to have non-gendered bathrooms.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads