NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates' Transgender Thread II

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sat May 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Anyway, I've decided to wear my boobs around the house today, and on Monday I think I'll go buy some panties. I only have two pairs (and one's too small), so it's really inconvenient having to wash them right away if I want to wear them more often than once a week. Maybe I'll get a lacy pair, a butch pair, and a cool/weird pair.

And really, I think it would be great to switch over to wearing boyshorts as an everyday thing. I hate that boy underwear allows my bulge to be visible -- loads of dysphoria right there.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Sat May 14, 2016 5:28 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:And really, I think it would be great to switch over to wearing boyshorts as an everyday thing. I hate that boy underwear allows my bulge to be visible -- loads of dysphoria right there.

:hug: I can feel that. I hate when mine is visible as well.

I don't mind having a penis as much as some women here do, I can tolerate it. I'd rather I not have been born with it but now that its there I've grown to not despise it. Surgery is expensive and very invasive anyways, and I hear there are risks of losing feeling "down there" and I'm not sure I would want to risk never being able to feel anything "down there" again. The rest of my body on the other hand, all I have to say is "Why must my chest be so damn flat?"
Bailey Quinn, Nice ta meet ya! (Female Pronouns Please)
Also known as Harley
NS Stats are not used here.
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3
Normal is a setting on the dryer

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat May 14, 2016 5:34 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:Anyway, I've decided to wear my boobs around the house today, and on Monday I think I'll go buy some panties. I only have two pairs (and one's too small), so it's really inconvenient having to wash them right away if I want to wear them more often than once a week. Maybe I'll get a lacy pair, a butch pair, and a cool/weird pair.

And really, I think it would be great to switch over to wearing boyshorts as an everyday thing. I hate that boy underwear allows my bulge to be visible -- loads of dysphoria right there.

Yeah, I know I have a lot more than a couple pairs.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sat May 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:And really, I think it would be great to switch over to wearing boyshorts as an everyday thing. I hate that boy underwear allows my bulge to be visible -- loads of dysphoria right there.

I don't mind having a penis as much as some women here do, I can tolerate it. I'd rather I not have been born with it but now that its there I've grown to not despise it. Surgery is expensive and very invasive anyways, and I hear there are risks of losing feeling "down there" and I'm not sure I would want to risk never being able to feel anything "down there" again. The rest of my body on the other hand, all I have to say is "Why must my chest be so damn flat?"

:hug: Yeah, my penis really doesn't give me any dysphoria in and of itself (except very rarely). When it comes to sexual situations, I like my penis. However, I hate having a visible bulge -- that's the part that gets me. If I could make my penis just go away or suck it inside of my body when I don't need it, and then have it when I want to use it, that would be great.

Aphryss
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aphryss » Sat May 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:Anyway, I've decided to wear my boobs around the house today, and on Monday I think I'll go buy some panties. I only have two pairs (and one's too small), so it's really inconvenient having to wash them right away if I want to wear them more often than once a week. Maybe I'll get a lacy pair, a butch pair, and a cool/weird pair.

I'm not sure how I feel about women's underwear; it's just ... something that doesn't impinge upon my gender identity, I don't really care what I'm wearing under my clothes so long as it serves its purpose. Lacy/frilly underwear just seems silly and immature to me. I don't mean to slag on other peoples' sartorial choices there of course - it's just not for me. Depending how much I end up with in the way of breasts, I might not bother with a bra at all.

Boyshorts and tucking seem like the ideal solution downstairs, since men's underwear is definitely designed to accomodate (or even emphasise!) the bulge (a recent ad campaign for men's underwear here has as its tagline "Jockey. For real men" and I'm just like, welp, never buying that brand!). I do find it ironic that our go-to item to conceal our masculine bits are called boyshorts though!

As for the danglies themselves, eh, I've never much liked them but I can't say I hate them. Right now mostly what they are is inconvenient. I'm still trying to get the hang of tucking, and it seems like a major PITA.

I'm having trouble finding a new pair of glasses frames I like - the current fashion seems to be for chunky frames with very square designs, whereas I need something much more oval and wider rather than taller. I feel like the glasses shops I've been to don't have an amazing range of different shapes, even if their iteration on a few basic styles is quite wide ranging.
Last edited by Aphryss on Sat May 14, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Pepes Rare Again ... by killing them on sight!
Memes are a flavourless soy-based humour substitute for boring people.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sat May 14, 2016 7:51 pm

Aphryss wrote:

I'm not sure how I feel about women's underwear; it's just ... something that doesn't impinge upon my gender identity, I don't really care what I'm wearing under my clothes so long as it serves its purpose. Lacy/frilly underwear just seems silly and immature to me. I don't mean to slag on other peoples' sartorial choices there of course - it's just not for me. Depending how much I end up with in the way of breasts, I might not bother with a bra at all.

Boyshorts and tucking seem like the ideal solution downstairs, since men's underwear is definitely designed to accomodate (or even emphasise!) the bulge (a recent ad campaign for men's underwear here has as its tagline "Jockey. For real men" and I'm just like, welp, never buying that brand!). I do find it ironic that our go-to item to conceal our masculine bits are called boyshorts though!

As for the danglies themselves, eh, I've never much liked them but I can't say I hate them. Right now mostly what they are is inconvenient. I'm still trying to get the hang of tucking, and it seems like a major PITA.

Yeah, that's all fair. I just like lacy stuff for when I want to feel feminine and sexy. :P I'm not the kind of person who likes a lot of frills.

I don't even really bother to tuck well unless I'm wearing a tight-fitting skirt. Pushing my testicles up into the inguinal canals and keeping them there just seems like such a pain. I just kinda push everything back and pull on the boyshorts (and yes, the name is quite ironic), and that does a pretty good job at minimising the bulge. It can get kinda sweaty after a few hours, but if you take a bathroom break you can air it out. Once I get an orchiectomy (I'm pretty sure I want to do that at this point), it'll be a bit easier.

Aphryss wrote:I'm having trouble finding a new pair of glasses frames I like - the current fashion seems to be for chunky frames with very square designs, whereas I need something much more oval and wider rather than taller. I feel like the glasses shops I've been to don't have an amazing range of different shapes, even if their iteration on a few basic styles is quite wide ranging.

Thin wire frames in a more circular or oval shape are coming back into style. My current pair is fairly rectangular (although with softer angles) and has thicker, tortoiseshell plastic frames, but I went shopping for a second pair today and decided on circular, wire frames -- the shopkeeper said that a lot of the glasses designers are moving in that direction (and damn, do they look good). They're both pretty androgynous, too, which for me is a huge plus.

You can also do glasses shopping online. That's where I got my current pair.

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sat May 14, 2016 8:45 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:I do find it ironic that our go-to item to conceal our masculine bits are called boyshorts though!

Call them girltrunks. There's technically a slight difference, but almost no one bothers paying attention to it.

You can also do glasses shopping online. That's where I got my current pair.

Unfortunately, getting glasses online doesn't work for me (high-strength bifocals and off-balance ears, which requires lots of manual adjustment). OTOH, most of the savings online are from the frames anyway; saving fifty dollars isn't nearly as exciting when it still means spending 350 dollars.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Sat May 14, 2016 9:15 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:

:hug: Yeah, my penis really doesn't give me any dysphoria in and of itself (except very rarely). When it comes to sexual situations, I like my penis. However, I hate having a visible bulge -- that's the part that gets me. If I could make my penis just go away or suck it inside of my body when I don't need it, and then have it when I want to use it, that would be great.

It bothers me when if I ever have to stand to pee. I always sit. So yes, to the countless people who have thought I was a faggot weirdo and that I sit down to pee, your half right - I sit.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sat May 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote::hug: Yeah, my penis really doesn't give me any dysphoria in and of itself (except very rarely). When it comes to sexual situations, I like my penis. However, I hate having a visible bulge -- that's the part that gets me. If I could make my penis just go away or suck it inside of my body when I don't need it, and then have it when I want to use it, that would be great.

It bothers me when if I ever have to stand to pee. I always sit. So yes, to the countless people who have thought I was a faggot weirdo and that I sit down to pee, your half right - I sit.

I'm a faggot weirdo and I sit to pee. :P

I mean, I use the urinal when I'm in a public washroom and I'm in a hurry, but if there's no urinal I always sit.

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Sat May 14, 2016 9:25 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:

I'm a faggot weirdo and I sit to pee. :P

I mean, I use the urinal when I'm in a public washroom and I'm in a hurry, but if there's no urinal I always sit.

I mean, I literally wait in line for stalls even when there all the urinals are open. I actually hate them that much. The last time I used one was months ago and it was because the stalls were taken and I was missing a movie. Yeah, the dysphoria really wasn't worth it, honestly :P

And I can't a faggot I'm a woman. How could I be a gay man? XD
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat May 14, 2016 9:27 pm

Aphryss wrote:

I'm having trouble finding a new pair of glasses frames I like - the current fashion seems to be for chunky frames with very square designs, whereas I need something much more oval and wider rather than taller. I feel like the glasses shops I've been to don't have an amazing range of different shapes, even if their iteration on a few basic styles is quite wide ranging.

And another device involves pantyhose bands and the lower parts of the pantyhose being cut to make a device called a gaffe. I use that instead of boyshorts.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Sat May 14, 2016 9:28 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Aphryss wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about women's underwear; it's just ... something that doesn't impinge upon my gender identity, I don't really care what I'm wearing under my clothes so long as it serves its purpose. Lacy/frilly underwear just seems silly and immature to me. I don't mean to slag on other peoples' sartorial choices there of course - it's just not for me. Depending how much I end up with in the way of breasts, I might not bother with a bra at all.

And another device involves pantyhose bands and the lower parts of the pantyhose being cut to make a device called a gaffe. I use that instead of boyshorts.

I, for one, would love panties if I could get some. I just cant.
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sat May 14, 2016 9:32 pm

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:And I can't a faggot I'm a woman. How could I be a gay man? XD

Dykes can be faggots too.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Renewed Imperial Germany
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Renewed Imperial Germany » Sat May 14, 2016 9:35 pm

Linux and the X wrote:
Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:And I can't a faggot I'm a woman. How could I be a gay man? XD

Dykes can be faggots too.

Well I'm Pan. Do I count as a Dyke? :P
Also known as Harley
<3 Alex's NS Wife <3

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sat May 14, 2016 9:35 pm

Linux and the X wrote:Dykes can be faggots too.

Well I'm Pan. Do I count as a Dyke? :P

If you want to.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

they/them pronouns

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat May 14, 2016 9:38 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:And another device involves pantyhose bands and the lower parts of the pantyhose being cut to make a device called a gaffe. I use that instead of boyshorts.

Someday, you'll be free to get your own. It may be a ways out thought.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Republic of Canador
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Canador » Sat May 14, 2016 9:40 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:And another device involves pantyhose bands and the lower parts of the pantyhose being cut to make a device called a gaffe. I use that instead of boyshorts.

They don't sound too comfortable, but that's just my opinion. I can't stand wedgies.
Last edited by Republic of Canador on Sat May 14, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ideologically a Voluntaryist Anarcho Capitalist
Anti Globalist Anti Nationalist Anti Socialist

MUH ROADS

Use male or female pronouns. I don't give a shit.
It's Kanadorika, not Canador

THE PARTY SEES ALL, KNOWS ALL, DESTROYS ALL
What happens when a paranoid, murderous psychopath rules over a nation with absolute power and kills anyone seen as "corrupted"? Kanadorika
What the critics are saying about Kanadorika:
Lichian wrote:Don't go. Stay at home. If forced to go, pray that you don't mess up. Pray that the government doesn't see you. And pray that you don't just end up getting shot for fun.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat May 14, 2016 9:52 pm

Republic of Canador wrote:

They don't sound too comfortable, but that's just my opinion. I can't stand wedgies.

For me, the feel of satin makes up for the wedgie.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Republic of Canador
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Canador » Sat May 14, 2016 10:36 pm

I'm in another tough situation. I've taken a job as a wildland firefighter. My crew is very tight knit and interconnected, but they don't know I am gender fluid. It would be nice if they knew, but I don't want them to feel as if I were somehow less "capable". Trust means everything on a fire line. It's the difference between life and death, so I can't break that crew dynamic of trust and sense of reliability. Even if only one person disagrees with who I am and feels disgusted by it, that could be enough to cause a cancer on the crew and affect our performance and ultimately our safety. The slightest amount of doubt can be disastrous.
Last edited by Republic of Canador on Sat May 14, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ideologically a Voluntaryist Anarcho Capitalist
Anti Globalist Anti Nationalist Anti Socialist

MUH ROADS

Use male or female pronouns. I don't give a shit.
It's Kanadorika, not Canador

THE PARTY SEES ALL, KNOWS ALL, DESTROYS ALL
What happens when a paranoid, murderous psychopath rules over a nation with absolute power and kills anyone seen as "corrupted"? Kanadorika
What the critics are saying about Kanadorika:
Lichian wrote:Don't go. Stay at home. If forced to go, pray that you don't mess up. Pray that the government doesn't see you. And pray that you don't just end up getting shot for fun.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sat May 14, 2016 10:46 pm

Republic of Canador wrote:I'm in another tough situation. I've taken a job as a wildland firefighter. My crew is very tight knit and interconnected, but they don't know I am gender fluid. It would be nice if they knew, but I don't want them to feel as if I were somehow less "capable". Trust means everything on a fire line. It's the difference between life and death, so I can't break that crew dynamic of trust and sense of reliability. Even if only one person disagrees with who I am and feels disgusted by it, that could be enough to cause a cancer on the crew and effect our performance and ultimately our safety. The slightest amount of doubt can be disastrous.

Huh. Difficult situation, indeed. The way I see it is that there can't really be trust unless there's transparency, and there can't be transparency unless you tell them. However, it is true that transphobia exists, and if one or more of them is transphobic, it could lead to problems.

Maybe think of it this way. Does their not knowing affect your performance and ability to feel at ease working with them? If so, then I would recommend telling them. If coming out to your crew will make you better at your job, then the answer becomes clearer. Yes, there's always the risk that someone will react negatively, but that's not your responsibility. That's on them.

Aphryss
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aphryss » Sun May 15, 2016 12:11 am

For better or worse, trans issues are in the news a lot lately. I'm not the biggest fan of Caitlyn Jenner and I'm definitely not a fan of Pat McCrory, but raising current events seems like it'd be a good way to sound out peoples' opinions on trans issues without outing yourself.
Make Pepes Rare Again ... by killing them on sight!
Memes are a flavourless soy-based humour substitute for boring people.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun May 15, 2016 1:54 am

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Republic of Canador wrote:I'm in another tough situation. I've taken a job as a wildland firefighter. My crew is very tight knit and interconnected, but they don't know I am gender fluid. It would be nice if they knew, but I don't want them to feel as if I were somehow less "capable". Trust means everything on a fire line. It's the difference between life and death, so I can't break that crew dynamic of trust and sense of reliability. Even if only one person disagrees with who I am and feels disgusted by it, that could be enough to cause a cancer on the crew and effect our performance and ultimately our safety. The slightest amount of doubt can be disastrous.

Huh. Difficult situation, indeed. The way I see it is that there can't really be trust unless there's transparency, and there can't be transparency unless you tell them. However, it is true that transphobia exists, and if one or more of them is transphobic, it could lead to problems.

Maybe think of it this way. Does their not knowing affect your performance and ability to feel at ease working with them? If so, then I would recommend telling them. If coming out to your crew will make you better at your job, then the answer becomes clearer. Yes, there's always the risk that someone will react negatively, but that's not your responsibility. That's on them.

I agree.

Aphryss wrote:For better or worse, trans issues are in the news a lot lately. I'm not the biggest fan of Caitlyn Jenner and I'm definitely not a fan of Pat McCrory, but raising current events seems like it'd be a good way to sound out peoples' opinions on trans issues without outing yourself.

I'd avoid bringing up Caitlyn. She seems to be a lightning rod for transphobia.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Liberonscien
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberonscien » Sun May 15, 2016 2:42 am

I had a dream a few nights ago where I had a female body. Then a few days later I had another dream like it and I liked it both times.
No real signature for now besides the preceding text and the following punctuation.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun May 15, 2016 2:52 am

So I guess reading all the stuff from last night gave me a dysphoria hit of my own. ><
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Philjia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Philjia » Sun May 15, 2016 2:58 am

Vassenor wrote:So I guess reading all the stuff from last night gave me a dysphoria hit of my own. ><

You seem to get attacks of dysphoria fairly frequently. I wonder if dressing up when they hit might help with that? Just a thought.
Nemesis the Warlock wrote:I am the Nemesis, I am the Warlock, I am the shape of things to come, the Lord of the Flies, holder of the Sword Sinister, the Death Bringer, I am the one who waits on the edge of your dreams, I am all these things and many more

⚧ Trans rights. ⚧
Pragmatic ethical utopian socialist, IE I'm for whatever kind of socialism is the most moral and practical. Pro LGBT rights and gay marriage, pro gay adoption, generally internationalist, ambivalent on the EU, atheist, pro free speech and expression, pro legalisation of prostitution and soft drugs, and pro choice. Anti authoritarian, anti Marxist. White cishet male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General