NATION

PASSWORD

What would you change about history?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Genorza
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Genorza » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:29 pm

The Hoplitian People wrote:
Fanosolia wrote:Anything? Canada getting a hold of Alaska instead of us. No real reason, just I would had liked the boarders to be less... weird.

Things that would be better is never have separate schools be part of provincial constitutions up here in Canada, and if it couldn't be avoided, try to close residential schools sooner than they did. Yeah nothing, too crazy (well maybe crazy for the time) but it's the on those are the only ones that I can think of.

That is perhaps the dumbest reason to change history I have ever heard.

No, having Hitler have a crush on Stalin is :rofl:
(And I said I'd do that)
Yes I've roleplayed on here before.
Culture: Austrian/Hungarian
Territory: (To be inserted later)
Population: 470 Million
Capital: Atorin
Active Military Personnel: 3.7 Million
Reserve Military Personnel: 4.3 Million
Leader: Emperor Hildebrand Sigi Kramer l
Heir: Sascha Hummel Kramer

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:29 pm

Fanosolia wrote:
Yedmnrutika Gavr wrote:human hair and skin evolve to perform photosynthesis in desert climates and to function as insulators in polar climates

That would be the sickest thing in the world. :clap:

Until someone set them on fire.

Then it would hurt even worse.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Yedmnrutika Gavr
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yedmnrutika Gavr » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Fanosolia wrote:
Yedmnrutika Gavr wrote:human hair and skin evolve to perform photosynthesis in desert climates and to function as insulators in polar climates

That would be the sickest thing in the world. :clap:

thank you :) i thought so too xd

Albigensia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albigensia » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Each of these assumes the one before it was not changed.
  • Prevent all Indian Appropriations Acts as well as the Indian Removal Act. Institute anti-slavery provisions into the Constitution.
  • Let the South secede, both because I support popular secession movements (like the U.S. Revolutionary War) and because both sides would probably be happier. The North gets to be an actual First World country with real worker protections and a secular democratic system, while the South gets to be the neo-feudal theocracy it so dearly wishes to be. It'd suck for the slaves, but I doubt slavery would survive very long even if the South was still Confederate.
  • Remove Andrew Johnson. Note: Do NOT prevent Lincoln's assassination, instead augment the position of the Radical Republicans. Prevent the Reconstruction Era and treat the South as an occupied enemy in the manner of Japan. Hope the end result is also like Japan, though without anime.
  • Remove Ronald Reagan. Remove Margaret Thatcher too, as a side objective. Destroy neoliberalism.
  • Remove the Clintons. Prevent the Democratic Party from turning right-wing.

Mysterious Stranger 2
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mysterious Stranger 2 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Benuty wrote:
Mysterious Stranger 2 wrote:I would assassinate Constantine and save Christianity.

Don't you mean Emperor Theodosius?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodosius_I

No, that would be too late. If it weren't for Constantine, Christianity would still have been illegal in Theodosius' time. It never would have become the official religion.

The Sotoan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sotoan Union » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:31 pm

Benuty wrote:
The Sotoan Union wrote:Is there any evidence of that? I mean really weather change killed off the Neanderthals?

http://qz.com/204161/one-of-sciences-gr ... nderthals/
Ok maybe more than weather, but still.

I mean it's a possibility, but exactly what killed off the Neanderthals is debatable. I've heard climate change from a volcanic eruption as a theory for example. But just simple climate change from the ice age ending seems like something they could adapt to.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Albigensia wrote:Each of these assumes the one before it was not changed.
  • Prevent all Indian Appropriations Acts as well as the Indian Removal Act. Institute anti-slavery provisions into the Constitution.
  • Let the South secede, both because I support popular secession movements (like the U.S. Revolutionary War) and because both sides would probably be happier. The North gets to be an actual First World country with real worker protections and a secular democratic system, while the South gets to be the neo-feudal theocracy it so dearly wishes to be. It'd suck for the slaves, but I doubt slavery would survive very long even if the South was still Confederate.
  • Remove Andrew Johnson. Note: Do NOT prevent Lincoln's assassination, instead augment the position of the Radical Republicans. Prevent the Reconstruction Era and treat the South as an occupied enemy in the manner of Japan. Hope the end result is also like Japan, though without anime.
  • Remove Ronald Reagan. Remove Margaret Thatcher too, as a side objective. Destroy neoliberalism.

You seem to have a failure understanding the South wasn't called the Bible Belt in the 1850s.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Mysterious Stranger 2 wrote:
Benuty wrote:Don't you mean Emperor Theodosius?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodosius_I

No, that would be too late. If it weren't for Constantine, Christianity would still have been illegal in Theodosius' time. It never would have become the official religion.

Mind you it was big Theo who had a greater role than Constantine ever had.

Mysterious Stranger 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mysterious Stranger 2 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:35 pm

Benuty wrote:
Mysterious Stranger 2 wrote:No, that would be too late. If it weren't for Constantine, Christianity would still have been illegal in Theodosius' time. It never would have become the official religion.

Mind you it was big Theo who had a greater role than Constantine ever had.

I mean, Hitler had a bigger role than Hitler's mom, but if you kill Hitler's mom you also kill Hitler.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:36 pm

God. Confederate Anime.

Even more incest than usual.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Albigensia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albigensia » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:40 pm

Benuty wrote:

You seem to have a failure understanding the South wasn't called the Bible Belt in the 1850s.

And the upper Northeastern USA wasn't called the Rust Belt in the 1850s. I don't think anything was called a 'Belt' back then. What's your point?

Kalinandor
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalinandor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:51 pm

This is kind of stupid but what if humans came in a wider variety of colors? Blue people with pink hair, green people with white hair. It would make for some interesting looking people and I just think it'd be funny to see. :D

Mysterious Stranger 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mysterious Stranger 2 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Kalinandor wrote:This is kind of stupid but what if humans came in a wider variety of colors? Blue people with pink hair, green people with white hair. It would make for some interesting looking people and I just think it'd be funny to see. :D

Oh holy mother of God, the racism.
Last edited by Mysterious Stranger 2 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fanosolia
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanosolia » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Nah you'd have to get Milton Friedman out of the picture as well. He could just easily advise any other person in power. Though why destroy neoliberalism?
This user is a Canadian who identifies as Social Market Liberal with shades of Civil Libertarianism.

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Rome and Constantinople call a council instead of excommunicating each other.
Ireland's factions rally to arms together against Henry II.
The Elector of Saxony arrests Luther instead of sheltering him.
Calvin never makes it to Switzerland.
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Free Wexford
Envoy

Founded: Oct 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Wexford » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Genorza wrote:
The Hoplitian People wrote:That is perhaps the dumbest reason to change history I have ever heard.

No, having Hitler have a crush on Stalin is :rofl:
(And I said I'd do that)

That would be one hell of a break up.
Pro: Secularism, Abortion Rights, Atheism, LGBT Rights, Legalization of Weed, Decriminalization of Drug Use, Single Payer, Social Democracy.
Anti: Third-wave Feminism, MGTOW, Fascism, Social Conservationism, Tankies, Islamic/Christian Apologetics, Authoritarianism, Identity Politics.

White Sox
Envoy

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby White Sox » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:11 pm

I'd step on a butterfly. See if the butterfly does the trick, and see if I can simultaneously end the existence of life while at the same time being there to witness it.
Why Leftism is seen as abhorrent and racist | Islam is not violent, its adherents are | The Left has chosen Slaughterers over the Slaughtered | What is the difference between Social Justice and Mob Justice?

Free Wexford
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Wexford » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Jochistan wrote:

God. Confederate Anime.

Even more incest than usual.

This
Pro: Secularism, Abortion Rights, Atheism, LGBT Rights, Legalization of Weed, Decriminalization of Drug Use, Single Payer, Social Democracy.
Anti: Third-wave Feminism, MGTOW, Fascism, Social Conservationism, Tankies, Islamic/Christian Apologetics, Authoritarianism, Identity Politics.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Stormwrath wrote:That people would actually learn from it instead of learning from it and still repeating it.

Perhaps you should consider the possibility that the repetition of history is not voluntary and is simply a characteristic of history.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Yorkvale
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yorkvale » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:13 pm

I'd prevent Karl Marx's Birth, and sabotage Bernie Sander's political career.
"Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people." - the wisest man that ever lived.

Free Wexford
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Wexford » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Yorkvale wrote:I'd prevent Karl Marx's Birth, and sabotage Bernie Sander's political career.

I would stop him from doing this.

Jordkloden
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jordkloden » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Oh boy. Where to start.... I'd kill Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and then Bull Connor.
I’m a communist. Not much else to say.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:18 pm

Yorkvale wrote:I'd prevent Karl Marx's Birth, and sabotage Bernie Sander's political career.

You do realize that the developed German philosophy all but made Marx's developments in them inevitable, yes?
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Marcato
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcato » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Make Karl Marx's dream come true.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your signature if you know there are 2 genders and you didn't fail biology.♂♀
And no, I won't respect your pronouns.

_[' ]_
(X_X) If you don't support Capitalism put this in your Signature.

[_✯_]
(-__-) If you support Communism put this in your signature.

Ykrovjnge Krjvwic
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ykrovjnge Krjvwic » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:16 pm

Take the bullet that was intended for JFK or Lincoln, or something of the sorts. Stopping assassinations. Yeah. Kevlar, bitch.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General