NATION

PASSWORD

Segregated Bathrooms: A Problem?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fascist American
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist American » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:40 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Katganistan wrote:
1) I have ned never heard of, much less seen, a urinal designed for women before this thread.

Neither have I, and it doesn't sound like a good idea. I've seen a lot of different designs of toilets -- both with seats and squat toilets -- but not a urinal designed for women.

I don't see the big fuss,men can have their restrooms made custom for them,and women can have their restrooms made custom to them.
Every woman adores a fascist - sylvia plath
Fascism Will rise once more bringing man to god.
Nazism is not fascism so don't compare the two.
Fascism is the merger of state and industry.
Fascism Is like a father guiding his small child.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:42 pm

Fascist American wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
Neither have I, and it doesn't sound like a good idea. I've seen a lot of different designs of toilets -- both with seats and squat toilets -- but not a urinal designed for women.

I don't see the big fuss,men can have their restrooms made custom for them,and women can have their restrooms made custom to them.

It's not the most efficient use of space and it causes anxiety for transfolks.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Fascist American
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist American » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:44 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Fascist American wrote:

How is a wall seperating two rooms taking up space.The trans folk can go into the family or small unisex bathrooms that are on the rise.
Every woman adores a fascist - sylvia plath
Fascism Will rise once more bringing man to god.
Nazism is not fascism so don't compare the two.
Fascism is the merger of state and industry.
Fascism Is like a father guiding his small child.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:01 pm

Fascist American wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

How is a wall seperating two rooms taking up space.The trans folk can go into the family or small unisex bathrooms that are on the rise.

Not everywhere has unisex or family bathrooms, and it's not just the wall separating the bathrooms that is inefficient. Supposed there are empty stalls in one bathroom, but a line for the other. If the bathrooms were all unisex, the people waiting in line could go use the empty stalls instead of waiting.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

The Salvatagard Republic
Envoy

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Salvatagard Republic » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Baldapehlva wrote:
The Salvatagard Republic wrote:when did we get to sexual interaction? we are talking about racial stuff! :eyebrow: racism is very bad!

Meh. I still don't think that bathrooms should be desegged. Just make the bathrooms bigger. Won't that be fairer for the females, anyway? If you always needed evidence for everything, you would get nowhere. "I'm pretty sure Taylor Lautner is a female. Why? Her name is 'Taylor.'" Sheesh. Don't you ever get anywhere?

sordive. Im in Minnesota most of the time, Iowa twice, and Wisconsin thrice.
I didn't know that I was spamming.

Cartagine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cartagine » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:27 pm

I don't think it is a problem as many people wouldn't feel at ease sharing the bathroom with people of the other sex, and honestly i can't blame them when i look at how some members of society act around people from the opposite sex.

I do believe however that there should be an option to a mixed bathroom, if only just to see if it would work, how people would feel about it and to introduce people to the idea.

Vorond
Minister

Founded: Feb 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vorond » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Segregated bathrooms will continue to promote divisions in society between the genders and the sexes; they are also unacceptably callous towards people who might not identify comfortably with either of the two genders/sexes or who may look different from the side they would rather identify with.

..."Identify"? That word must have changed its meaning since my school days it appears.

OK, I propose we just relabel them all:

:D
Factbook
Diplomacy

“If a man isn't willing to take some risk for his opinions, either his opinions are no good or he's no good”
― Ezra Pound

The old wisdom of 4chan holdfs very true in almost every NSG thread.

Gim
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:35 pm

Cartagine wrote:I don't think it is a problem as many people wouldn't feel at ease sharing the bathroom with people of the other sex, and honestly i can't blame them when i look at how some members of society act around people from the opposite sex.

I do believe however that there should be an option to a mixed bathroom, if only just to see if it would work, how people would feel about it and to introduce people to the idea.

Ironically, that will only categorize the mixed even more.
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian, British

Cartagine
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cartagine » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Gim wrote:
Cartagine wrote:I don't think it is a problem as many people wouldn't feel at ease sharing the bathroom with people of the other sex, and honestly i can't blame them when i look at how some members of society act around people from the opposite sex.

Who do you mean with "the mixed" ?
Just saying that people should be able to chose wether they want to share a bathroom with people from the opposite sex or not.

Dazchan
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dazchan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Varisea wrote:"Superficial?" Clearly our Sex Ed curiculum needs serious reform.
Also, the thing about eliminating urinals is absurd. Heck, this whole conversation is pretty rediculus. There are more important issues: ISIS, the European migrant crisis, America's monthly spree shootings, climate change, actual discrimination.

Yes, superficial. Also, if you don't think this topic is worthy of your time, there's nothing stopping you from simply not posting here.

Didn't you know that you get a free trip to Disneyworld if your post count reaches a certain target? That's why people insist on making "I don't care" posts in topics instead of just showing that they don't care by not posting altogether.

On topic: Unisex restrooms appear to have a lot of positives and very few (if any) negatives. Most of the arguments in this thread (and in the previous one on this topic) against the idea seem to be along the lines of "Eww... icky!"
If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Cartagine wrote:
Gim wrote:

Just saying that people should be able to chose wether they want to share a bathroom with people from the opposite sex or not.

The transgenders?

Morr
Minister

Founded: Mar 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Morr » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:remove the urinals (females can't use them anyway and they provide an unfair advantage?

:lol2:

Gave me my chuckle for the night
Stand with Assad!

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Morr wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:remove the urinals (females can't use them anyway and they provide an unfair advantage?

:lol2:

Gave me my chuckle for the night

Well, they use sinks better than urinals. That's a fact. :p

Cartagine
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cartagine » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:56 am

Gim wrote:
Cartagine wrote:

The transgenders?

Ah like that, well honestly i can't bother about them being catagorized. We shouldn't force females or males to share a bathroom with transgenders, not even when it means transgenders would be categorized.

Valystria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valystria » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:44 pm

Gim wrote:
Cartagine wrote:

The transgenders?

Transgender people is a more appropriate term. Calling transgender people transgenders is not only dehumanizing, it's inaccurate.

Cartagine wrote:
Gim wrote:

Other sex. Not opposite sex. Intersex people exist too.

Cartagine wrote:
Gim wrote:
The transgenders?

Ah like that, well honestly i can't bother about them being catagorized. We shouldn't force females or males to share a bathroom with transgenders, not even when it means transgenders would be categorized.

Transgender people. Not transgenders. You seem to forget transgender people can be male or female too, so what is this about "not forcing females or males to share a bathroom with transgenders"?

And why is it that it's not okay to force "females and males" to use a restroom with transgender people but it's okay to force transgender people to use a restroom with "females and males"? You're going very far out of your way to be intentionally exclusionary to transgender individuals.

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:45 pm

Valystria wrote:Transgender people is a more appropriate term. Calling transgender people transgenders is not only dehumanizing, it's inaccurate.

I apologize. I didn't know. :(

Jamzmania
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamzmania » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:49 pm

Valystria wrote:
Gim wrote:
The transgenders?

Transgender people is a more appropriate term. Calling transgender people transgenders is not only dehumanizing, it's inaccurate.

Cartagine wrote:

Cartagine wrote:

Transgender people. Not transgenders. You seem to forget transgender people can be male or female too, so what is this about "not forcing females or males to share a bathroom with transgenders"?

And why is it that it's not okay to force "females and males" to use a restroom with transgender people but it's okay to force transgender people to use a restroom with "females and males"? You're going very far out of your way to be intentionally exclusionary to transgender individuals.

Transgender people are just gonna have to go with whichever bathroom they most look like. There are stalls in both if they can't use the urinals.
The Alexanderians wrote:"Fear no man or woman,
No matter what their size.
Call upon me,
And I will equalize."

-Engraved on the side of my M1911 .45

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:52 pm

Jamzmania wrote:
Valystria wrote:Transgender people is a more appropriate term. Calling transgender people transgenders is not only dehumanizing, it's inaccurate.

Transgender people are just gonna have to go with whichever bathroom they most look like. There are stalls in both if they can't use the urinals.

There should be a checkup where physicians determine whether each transgender person looks female or male. One determined to be more female uses the female bathroom, whereas, the one determined to be more male, the male bathroom.

Valystria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Valystria » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Jamzmania wrote:

Or we could have unisex bathrooms which benefits everyone except sexists.

Gim wrote:
Jamzmania wrote:Transgender people are just gonna have to go with whichever bathroom they most look like. There are stalls in both if they can't use the urinals.

There should be a checkup where physicians determine whether each transgender person looks female or male. One determined to be more female uses the female bathroom, whereas, the one determined to be more male, the male bathroom.

I can't tell if you're being serious.

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:45 pm

Women don't like sharing bathrooms with men. Men, I do not think, do not mind.

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:52 pm

Gim wrote:

Generalization., I'm not cool with sharing a bathroom with women.
Last edited by The Alexanderians on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
You can't fight the friction
Women belong in the kitchen
Men belong in the kitchen
Everyone belongs in the kitchen
Kitchen has food
I have brought dishonor to my gaming clan
Achesia wrote:Threads like this is why I need to stop coming to NSG....

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:
Hagia Sophia is best church.

Major-Tom wrote:Why am I full of apathy?

I'm just here to be the peanut gallery
уσυ нανєи'т gσт тнє fυℓℓ єffє¢т

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:53 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
Gim wrote:

Generalization., I'm not cool with sharing a bathroom with women.

Exactly, men do not seem to mind. Some women need their privacy in fixing their makeups and getting rid of smells by putting on perfumes after defecation.

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:55 pm

Gim wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:Generalization., I'm not cool with sharing a bathroom with women.

Exactly, men do not seem to mind. Some women need their privacy in fixing their makeups and getting rid of smells by putting on perfumes after defecation.

No, I'm saying I mind, quite a lot. I don't want to share a bathroom with women. For a variety of reasons.
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
You can't fight the friction
Women belong in the kitchen
Men belong in the kitchen
Everyone belongs in the kitchen
Kitchen has food
I have brought dishonor to my gaming clan
Achesia wrote:Threads like this is why I need to stop coming to NSG....

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:
Hagia Sophia is best church.

Major-Tom wrote:Why am I full of apathy?

I'm just here to be the peanut gallery
уσυ нανєи'т gσт тнє fυℓℓ єffє¢т

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:56 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
Gim wrote:

No, I'm saying I mind, quite a lot. I don't want to share a bathroom with women. For a variety of reasons.

Okay, that supports my stance that men and women need separate bathrooms. :)

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:22 am

Given the fact that there are unisex bathrooms in just about every residence, I don't really see an issue with public unisex restrooms.
Such heroic nonsense!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General