NATION

PASSWORD

BLM chants "Pigs in a blanket" after Texas cop killed

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:41 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Well? Freedom of Speech and Expression does give you the ability to say things like that.

The people chanting it don't care and want the attention. The organizers probably think it will get them them noticed and obviously it did simply because we are here discussing it.

I have distanced myself from the BLM arguments as I knew the Hayward cop who was murdered recently.

No shit?

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:43 pm

Gauthier wrote:
The balkens wrote:
I predictions are this, it will end like OWS. Faded into the background when shit like this becomes for common,

Honorable goals? sure. But with their words and chants? any decent person will tune off from them.

Except unlike Wall Street greed, blacks being shot dead by police for a grab bag of disproportionate reasons isn't something easily ignored by those it affects.

While this may be true, BLM isn't helping the situation by calling for violence against police officers.

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:43 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
The balkens wrote:
I dont think they care at this point.

These people are more concerned with getting their 15 minutes of fame then fighting for civil rights. They disgust me, and they are doing an injustice to all African-Americans.

Rather than fame I think they're like the English Defence League- so moronically blinkered in their activism that they don't see that they're only hurting what they claim to love.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Irona
Minister

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:44 pm

Okay I was on the side of BLM but this goes way to far. The movement needs to condemn those who said this, have they got no sense of morals?

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:45 pm

SD_Film Artists wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:These people are more concerned with getting their 15 minutes of fame then fighting for civil rights. They disgust me, and they are doing an injustice to all African-Americans.

Rather than fame I think they're like the English Defence League- so moronically blinkerd in their activism that they don't see that they're only hurting what they claim to love.

I honestly don't know if the people involved actually give a shit about the movement. Like I said earlier, they just want their 15 minutes of fame.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:45 pm

The balkens wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:Well? Freedom of Speech and Expression does give you the ability to say things like that.

The people chanting it don't care and want the attention. The organizers probably think it will get them them noticed and obviously it did simply because we are here discussing it.

I have distanced myself from the BLM arguments as I knew the Hayward cop who was murdered recently.

No shit?

He was dating my cousin. They had plans to get married. He was a good guy.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:46 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:

Rather than fame I think they're like the English Defence League- so moronically blinkerd in their activism that they don't see that they're only hurting what they claim to love.

I honestly don't know if the people involved actually give a shit about the movement. Like I said earlier, they just want their 15 minutes of fame.

I think the privilege + power SJWist mentality also prevents them from realizing that when they say this shit they look like assholes to everyone else.
They may not be able to comprehend a white cop as a victim, or think it's fair game, or nothing compared to what they go through as still alive black people. It's a result of collectivist thinking.

"Black people have it worse than white people."
Yeh, but not those black people and that white person, cos he's dead.

It's the kind of mentality that prevents empathy, and its visible to all the moderates and such. I expect this will kill the movement.

Frankly I expect most social movements to keep failing to enact change until this plague among the left is eradicated.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:46 pm

That's very unbecoming of them.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:I honestly don't know if the people involved actually give a shit about the movement. Like I said earlier, they just want their 15 minutes of fame.

I think the privilege + power SJWist mentality also prevents them from realizing that when they say this shit they look like assholes to everyone else.
They may not be able to comprehend a white cop as a victim, or think it's fair game, or nothing compared to what they go through as still alive black people.

Clearly this is SJW manufactured outrage and blacks being disproportionately killed by police is a myth.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Oglassa wrote:Black Lives are not the lives that matter.
All lives are the lives that matter.

Ugh, this crap. We're plenty aware that "All lives matter". Anyone sane that supports black lives matter is plenty aware of that. But right now we're focusing on the black lives that seem to be less appreciated right now. That does NOT mean we don't think all lives matter. Anyone who uses the "All lives matter" slogan lately don't even understand the reason WHY the black lives matter group started in the first place.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:49 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
The balkens wrote:
No shit?

Was he the one that got shot at the gas station?
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Corrian wrote:

Ugh, this crap. We're plenty aware that "All lives matter". Anyone sane that supports black lives matter is plenty aware of that. But right now we're focusing on the black lives that seem to be less appreciated right now. That does NOT mean we don't think all lives matter. Anyone who uses the "All lives matter" slogan lately don't even understand the reason WHY the black lives matter group started in the first place.

Hence my Orwelling response.

"All Lives Matter. But Some Lives Matter More Than Others."

What they're really saying is Black Lives Don't Matter So Much or Matter Shit, depending on personal view.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Are we operating under the assumption that this was a centralized decision on behalf of Black Lives Matter?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:51 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
They may not be able to comprehend a white cop as a victim, or think it's fair game, or nothing compared to what they go through as still alive black people.

Clearly this is SJW manufactured outrage and blacks being disproportionately killed by police is a myth.

Yeh but see, you're doing it right now.
This is a cop who got shot.
This isn't the time for you to bring up that shit.
The fact blacks get disproportionately murdered by police does not mean all police are shit, and does not mean black people should revel in the opportunity to be dicks to the police, especially to police who are murdered. It makes it seem like you don't actually give a fuck about people being murdered, but more about YOUR people being murdered.
That's precisely the kind of SJWist attitude that's the problem here and in other places.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:51 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

That's not what he said.
#FeelTheBern

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:52 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Yeh but see, you're doing it right now.
This is a cop who got shot.
This isn't the time for you to bring up that shit.
The fact blacks get disproportionately murdered by police does not mean all police are shit, and does not mean black people should revel in the opportunity to be dicks to the police, especially to police who are murdered. It makes it seem like you don't actually give a fuck about people being murdered, but more about YOUR people being murdered.
That's precisely the kind of SJWist attitude that's the problem here and in other places.

THIS is what he said, and it's absolutely true.
#FeelTheBern

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

That's not what he said.

It's useless to appeal to facts with an SJW. They operate purely on narrative. You have to try and explain to them why their narrative is wrong.
Ostro.MOV

Deuxtete
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Deuxtete » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Gauthier wrote:And so people will take this as a chance to bury their heads in the sand and ignore the underlying problem of racism that leads to disproportionate arrests and deaths that stirred up Black Lives Matter in the first place. Which of course means Black Lives Matter won't be permanently stopped.

The issue you're talking about has always been, its not new.
No one is burying their heads in the sand, they never came up to need to be buried again.

One thing however doesn't excuse another.
Last edited by Deuxtete on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I ****** you, you unequivocally deserve to be *********.
Ifreann is my favorite poster. Ben Carson for President
Telegram me to suggest or offer your opinion on internet media sources, npr is my primary news but on the internet I'm not always sure who is trust worthy.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:
That's not what he said.

It's useless to appeal to facts with an SJW. They operate purely on narrative. You have to try and explain to them why their narrative is wrong.

This from the guy who thinks everything bad in the world is a feminist conspiracy.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Was he the one that got shot at the gas station?

No. Different case. Saw somebody driving erratically. Pulled him over and was shot as he walked up to the truck.

Sgt. Scott Lunger....
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:54 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Are we operating under the assumption that this was a centralized decision on behalf of Black Lives Matter?

I'm not. Assumed it was just this particular bunch......

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:
That's not what he said.

Nah, SJWs can't be argued with at all. They reject the reality and substitute it with their own.
#FeelTheBern

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

This from the guy who thinks everything bad in the world is a feminist conspiracy.

Do you think Conservatives are conspiring to fuck up the economy and impoverish everybody, or do you just think they are wrong?

Thank you for, again, demonstrating you don't care about facts, only your narrative.
I've never claimed a conspiracy, only a cock up. But you keep repeating it, because it fits your narrative.
I've pointed this out to you before and you keep repeating it.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:55 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Are we operating under the assumption that this was a centralized decision on behalf of Black Lives Matter?

I'm not. Assumed it was just this particular bunch......

Hey, if it's convenient for people to associate the New Black Panthers with the original Black Panthers for their political agendas...

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:56 pm

Gauthier wrote:

All Lives Matter. But Some Lives Matter More Than Others.

Apparently black lives and police lives seem to gather more attention than Asian or Hispanic lives.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads