NATION

PASSWORD

Joe Biggs: Ban the rainbow flag

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:38 am

the Rainbow flag is hereby banned.

I declare this the new gay rights flag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_T ... merica.svg
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:38 am

greed and death wrote:the Rainbow flag is hereby banned.

I declare this the new gay rights flag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_T ... merica.svg

Risky click of the day there.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:47 am

Who says we've "got past racism"?

My black supervisor is tailed by security whenever he visits a department store.

A black man driving a Lexus was stopped by police in Johnstown Pa was stopped on suspicion of being a black man driving a Lexus. The cops trashed his car, tearing out the upholstery and flooring, then told him he was "free to go", without charges. They refused to give their names or badge numbers.

It turned out the driver was an FBI agent investigating racist cops in the city, and official indifference toward snipers shooting interracial couples.

A Chinese American friend of ours, a professional woman, was stopped by Customs 60 miles south of the Canadian border and given a citation for impeding law enforcement. He uncooperative attitude was because they would give no reason for stopping her!

Nope, racism is real, and requires constant vigilance to combat.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Chostea
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chostea » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:56 am

Ascended Rome wrote:
Divitaen wrote:
Yes, but no one flies the Nazi flag over government buildings, and the Confederate flag shouldn't get the same privilege.

Yes, because flying the flags of nonexistent nations over government buildings not owned by those nations makes no sense, not because those things are offensive. You're not going to see the Byzantine Flag flown over any government buildings either. It's not because the Byzantine Flag is "offensive to muslims", it's because Byzantium doesn't exist anymore.

Are you telling me the CSA, or even the Confederate army still exist? That doesn't sound particularly accurate.
Population: ~110 million
NS stats ≠ My stats. Reading factbooks saves lives!

DEFLEV: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] – Peacetime

Melfar
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Melfar » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:01 am

Wait. The newscaster who killed his former colleagues was gay? Shows you how relevant it is to what he did. And he didn't kill them because they were straight, anyway. He did it cause he was insane.
Sexism really sucks. But it really sucks that it's freakin' everywhere.
Abortion: Which do you hate more, women or children?
Seriously though, I'm for a woman's right to choose.
I have no problem with people having religions, but don't shove it down my throat.
"No, you don't understand: Edgar is the one in the hole." -Ryan Haywood
"I'm going cakeless." -Ray Narvaez, Jr.

Flynt. Coal?
Interests: Music, Guitar, Video Games, Achievements, Green, Wrestling
It's amazing how much a lesbian who likes Nirvana can change your entire view on the world.

Previous

Return to General