NATION

PASSWORD

Do women have the right to expose their chests?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:14 am

Deuxtete wrote:
Yorkvale wrote:
If breasts are legally considered to be genitalia, should being nude be legal as well?

Breasts are legally genitalia because the law is wrong. It can however be changed.

It'll take a woman being put on a sex offender registry and losing custody of a child over public breastfeeding before that happens.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Deuxtete
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Deuxtete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:15 am

Yorkvale wrote:Are people really ignoring the difference between breasts and pecks.....?

Are you literally unaware that women have pectoral muscles(Pecks).
Or are you ignoring that men can lactate?
Ignoring men can get breast cancer?

Read a fucking book.
If I ****** you, you unequivocally deserve to be *********.
Ifreann is my favorite poster. Ben Carson for President
Telegram me to suggest or offer your opinion on internet media sources, npr is my primary news but on the internet I'm not always sure who is trust worthy.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:16 am

Yorkvale wrote:Are people really ignoring the difference between breasts and pecks.....?

Sure, there are profound differences. But it should be up to the breast holder if the feel like they need to be contained or supported or whatever. If they're cool with them swinging in the breeze why should that be an issue for someone who doesn't have to carry them around?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Deuxtete
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deuxtete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:16 am

Gauthier wrote:
Deuxtete wrote:Breasts are legally genitalia because the law is wrong. It can however be changed.

It'll take a woman being put on a sex offender registry and losing custody of a child over public breastfeeding before that happens.

I hope you're wrong.
Telegram me to suggest or offer your opinion on internet media sources, npr is my primary news but on the internet I'm not always sure who is trust worthy.

Deuxtete
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deuxtete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:17 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:

Sure, there are profound differences. But it should be up to the breast holder if the feel like they need to be contained or supported or whatever. If they're cool with them swinging in the breeze why should that be an issue for someone who doesn't have to carry them around?

There are not profound differences, there are superficial visible differences.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:18 am

Dont really see the issue with it, especially in hot areas where you commonly see people without their shirts off such as the beach, swimming pools etc, so why not allow women to go topless in these environments as well as men? After all the notions of Women's Breasts being overly sexual or Taboo is a bunch of nonsense people made up and the other notion of "Hoho teh Boobies" or "they will cause provocative and indecent behaviour amongst men" is quite childish really and yeah ive seen people use the latter there as an actual excuse, not in this thread but elsewhere and its very silly and just demeans people.

So yeah in short why not. Same with public breastfeeding and what have you.

Gauthier wrote:It's clearly a feminist plot to minimize the importance of bare male chests.

Fuck he is on to us, Abort! Abort!
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:18 am

Mefpan wrote:Can we please all keep our damn clothes on? I mean, we've invented those for a reason, you know.

True but it was Religion that made the body icky.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:18 am

Deuxtete wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Sure, there are profound differences. But it should be up to the breast holder if the feel like they need to be contained or supported or whatever. If they're cool with them swinging in the breeze why should that be an issue for someone who doesn't have to carry them around?

There are not profound differences, there are superficial visible differences.

Are you really going to split hairs when we're essentially coming to the same conclusion?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:20 am

Deuxtete wrote:There are not profound differences, there are superficial visible differences.

Are you really going to split hairs when we're essentially coming to the same conclusion?

This... is... NSG!

*Kicks into the pit of forum 7*
Great Sage, Equal of Heaven.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:20 am

Deuxtete wrote:

Read a fucking book.

People aren't that literal. You write about pecks and people usually think of a man. You write about breasts and people usually think of a woman.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:22 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Mefpan wrote:Can we please all keep our damn clothes on? I mean, we've invented those for a reason, you know.

True but it was Religion that made the body icky.

So the answer is to abolish all religion!
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Yorkvale
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yorkvale » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:24 am

Deuxtete wrote:

Read a fucking book.

I wasn't aware of the science behind it, however enlightening that may be. But the science isn't really what matters here. Its the appearance and cultural norm. As much as I hate to give into cultural norms, as the edgy individualistic entrepreneur I would like to be the very basic perception of boobs are incredibly sexualized. Which is all good for the playboy scene but not fitting for the public eye. I think the only exception should be for public artistry and women should have to get a license and be approved by the city for it.
"Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people." - the wisest man that ever lived.

BK117B2
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby BK117B2 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:25 am

Yes.

Control over a person's own body is as basic as rights get. The right to self-defense, right to choose what to ingest, right to choose how to clothes oneself, etc all stem from this.

No one has the authority to tell them that they cannot

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:26 am

Yes. Men too. Everyone does.

Deuxtete
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deuxtete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:29 am

Deuxtete wrote:There are not profound differences, there are superficial visible differences.

Encouraging someone to think men have pecks(what stupid fucking word) and women have breasts and that we don't in fact have almost entirely the same shit is what props up "female breasts are genitalia" arguments. I'm splitting hairs, I'm applying biology to refute false ideas.

Is it so hard to believe I would prefer you to both agree with me, and walk away better informed.
Maybe you didn't know that the guy claiming women didn't have pectoral muscles was comically incorrect.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:29 am

Yorkvale wrote: Its the appearance and cultural norm.

Subject to examination and change and certainly not a universal truth.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:30 am

Yorkvale wrote:
Deuxtete wrote:Are you literally unaware that women have pectoral muscles(Pecks).

Read a fucking book.

I wasn't aware of the science behind it, however enlightening that may be. But the science isn't really what matters here. Its the appearance and cultural norm. As much as I hate to give into cultural norms, as the edgy individualistic entrepreneur I would like to be the very basic perception of boobs are incredibly sexualized. Which is all good for the playboy scene but not fitting for the public eye. I think the only exception should be for public artistry and women should have to get a license and be approved by the city for it.

Im sorry but getting a license to show the top part of your body is fucking stupid and so backward it hurts, sometimes social norms need to shredded like cabbage and changed, and the over-sexualisation of women's breasts (largely caused by Religion and conservative attitudes) and being all "hush hush not allowed to show because indecency" is one of them.

Just because its a social norm does not mean it has to stay that way for ever, social norms change constantly and they need to.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:30 am

Yeah, but I'm not going topless ever.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Deuxtete
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deuxtete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:35 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Deuxtete wrote:Are you literally unaware that women have pectoral muscles(Pecks).

Read a fucking book.

People aren't that literal. You write about pecks and people usually think of a man. You write about breasts and people usually think of a woman.

How stupid people are isn't my problem. I passed high biology and human anatomy over 25 years ago, what I'm saying isn't news. If people aren't that basically educated they should at least have courtesy to not presume to be intelligent enough to think they can suggest what behavior is acceptable for common society.

Yorkvale
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yorkvale » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:35 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Yorkvale wrote:

Im sorry but getting a license to show the top part of your body is fucking stupid and so backward it hurts, sometimes social norms need to shredded like cabbage and changed, and the over-sexualisation of women's breasts (largely caused by Religion and conservative attitudes) and being all "hush hush not allowed to show because indecency" is one of them.

Just because its a social norm does not mean it has to stay that way for ever, social norms change constantly and they need to.

Er, it's more than the top part of their bodies and using your logic public nudity should be legal too no?

After all clothing is just another societal norm.

Society is all we know, and the vast majority of the law is suited to the demographic of the population. Boobs have sexual connotations according to the VAST majority of men AND women. It would make people uncomfortable and overly sexually charged in a public environment and so I'm against it. You don't have to be a ultra conservative wait till marriage christian to understand this.

Boobs were overly sexualized before christianity, so that's also a BS move to put on religion.
"Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people." - the wisest man that ever lived.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:36 am

Deuxtete wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Are you really going to split hairs when we're essentially coming to the same conclusion?

Encouraging someone to think men have pecks(what stupid fucking word) and women have breasts and that we don't in fact have almost entirely the same shit is what props up "female breasts are genitalia" arguments. I'm splitting hairs, I'm applying biology to refute false ideas.

Is it so hard to believe I would prefer you to both agree with me, and walk away better informed.
Maybe you didn't know that the guy claiming women didn't have pectoral muscles was comically incorrect.

Sigh.

Pecks and breasts are different, as you point out both women and men have pecks or 'pectoral muscles' while the mammary is a gland and the fatty tissue that accompany them are colloquially referred to as breasts and therefore are distinctly not muscle tissue making the difference between them, in a word, profound. While both men and women have all these things usually women's mammary glands are more pronounced and 'developed' after puberty.

Woo. Look. We made a semantic argument. Wasn't this super productive. I'm so glad we went down this dumbass road.

Yorkvale
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yorkvale » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:38 am

Deuxtete wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

How stupid people are isn't my problem. I passed high biology and human anatomy over 25 years ago, what I'm saying isn't news. If people aren't that basically educated they should at least have courtesy to not presume to be intelligent enough to think they can suggest what behavior is acceptable for common society.

Pfft, bullshit. Sorry, the vast majority of Americans don't give a fuck about science and are not in scientifically organized roles and do not have the need to care about science things in general. Stop being so snobby and elitist about memorizing some passage from a textbook somewhere that no one cares about
Last edited by Yorkvale on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deuxtete
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deuxtete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:39 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Yorkvale wrote:

Slavery was a social norm, Jim crow, legally being allowed to beat your wife, fucking duels used to be socially acceptable norms, educated men believed in the ether for fuck sakes...

You are dead right they need to change, they should evolve with society.

Nikolausstadt
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nikolausstadt » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:41 am

Sure, just expect to get hit by me as I would hit a man (equality in everything, darlings) if you start rubbing that fact in my face or do inappropriate things like a man could do with his junk (not meaning rape).
Last edited by Nikolausstadt on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owner of Braberland and San Eulogio.

Internationalist Bastard
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Internationalist Bastard » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:42 am

I don't think men should have that right.
Call me Alex, I insist
I am a girl, damnit
Slut Pride. So like, real talk, I’m a porn actress. We’re not all bimbos. I do not give out my information or videos to avoid conflict with site policy. I’m happy to talk about the industry or my thoughts on the career but I will not be showing you any goodies. Sorry
“Whatever you are, be a good one” Abe Lincoln

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General