NATION

PASSWORD

Is there something wrong with Multiculturalism?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Conez Imperium
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Conez Imperium » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:20 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:
The Conez Imperium wrote:
Like in the case of Australia let's reinstate the white-Australia policy because other cultures are bad. There's a reason why Australia scrapped it.

Reinstating it wouldn't be a bad idea. Similarly, the US should repeal the 1965 immigration act and bring back our 1924 quotas.

And that's the problem. You can be multi-ethnic but still be "mono-cultural"

Salut tout le monde, c'est moi !

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:20 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Sam Hyde wrote:
I reject the label racist. It's a meaningless buzzword. However, I will not back down from accusations of it, and instead I will give you my best shit-eating grin because I'm trying to contain my disapproval with such a ridiculousness concept.

>"There's only problem with non-white cultures coming over."
>"Not a racist."

Lulz.

To be fair, if one lives in a country with a majority white culture, other white cultures are not as likely to cause problems as non white ones.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Sam Hyde
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Sam Hyde wrote:
I reject the label racist. It's a meaningless buzzword. However, I will not back down from accusations of it, and instead I will give you my best shit-eating grin because I'm trying to contain my disapproval with such a ridiculousness concept.

>"Not a racist."

Lulz.

Call me a racist, Nazi, anti-semite, islamophobe. Come on throw all of your buzzwords at me. It still doesn't change what is happening.
What the critics are saying:
Redsection wrote:Idk if your an racist , but you are funny in an weird way.
WCJNSTBH wrote:Sam Hyde is the least racist motherfucker in this thread.
Confederate Ramenia wrote:This is when he showed the world that he was based; that he was not a cuck; that he is not a degenerate. This will be a crucial moment and I want to preserve this.
Byzantium Imperial wrote:You sir are a legend

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:

Except for last name, Geman Americans are virtually indistinguishable from the generic American WASP template.

But apparently they're allowed to celebrate their German heritage, unlike those evil darkies. Except during both World Wars, but hey those were just rare exceptions!
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:
Reinstating it wouldn't be a bad idea. Similarly, the US should repeal the 1965 immigration act and bring back our 1924 quotas.

Notice that all but one person was white, and that individual was mostly obscured and very light
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!

Sam Hyde
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:

ew propaganda.
What the critics are saying:
Redsection wrote:Idk if your an racist , but you are funny in an weird way.
WCJNSTBH wrote:Sam Hyde is the least racist motherfucker in this thread.
Confederate Ramenia wrote:This is when he showed the world that he was based; that he was not a cuck; that he is not a degenerate. This will be a crucial moment and I want to preserve this.
Byzantium Imperial wrote:You sir are a legend

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:22 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Except for last name, Geman Americans are virtually indistinguishable from the generic American WASP template.

But apparently they're allowed to celebrate their German heritage, unlike those evil darkies. Except during both World Wars, but hey those were just rare exceptions!

Probably because they wern't fully integrated in 1917?

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Gauthier wrote:

Probably because they wern't fully integrated in 1917?

World War 2 happened in 1917 now?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Confederate Ramenia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederate Ramenia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:
Gauthier wrote:
>"Not a racist."

Lulz.

Call me a racist, Nazi, anti-semite, islamophobe. Come on throw all of your buzzwords at me. It still doesn't change what is happening.

I disagree with much of what you're saying, but I must admit that you are based and not a cuck.
The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a genuine workers' state in which all the people are completely liberated from exploitation and oppression. The workers, peasants, soldiers and intellectuals are the true masters of their destiny and are in a unique position to defend their interests.
The Flutterlands wrote:Because human life and dignity is something that should be universally valued above all things in society.

Benito Mussolini wrote:Everybody has the right to create for himself his own ideology and to attempt to enforce it with all the energy of which he is capable.

I disown most of my previous posts

Anglo-Saxon North America
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-Saxon North America » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Anglo-Saxon North America wrote:this does not say that monoculturalism is racist. it means he is a racist.

let me tell you a story. My Saxon (German, not English variety) family immigrated from Germany in the 1850s. when they arrived they completely assimilated. They refused to have their kids learn German and only taught them English. they even change their last names from Klein to Cline just to become more Anglo. they brought with them certain German foods and art, but they did not create German zones within the United States. this is why you do not see a tiny Germany in the Midwest. you can be from multiple ethnicities but all be in one culture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_enclaves_in_North_American_cities#Germany

funny enough, I live not far at all from one of those. Fredericksburg, Texas. They don't:
Take offense from non-Lutheran/Catholic churches in the town
Take offense to non-German foods
Take offense to non-German architecture
Identify as non-American

The foreign influence is strong, but they're hyper-American, (not to mention western, which means even if they weren't they'd still be comparable), and even still, if they rejected Americanism and identified as German over American, they should go back to Germany. In fact, if they were genuinely foreign, I'd highly disprove.

Funny enough, that town rings more if Old West Texas then it does German.

The cultural enclaves that are literally non-American, not in just in influence, but fundamentally, should get the same treatment.
Last edited by Anglo-Saxon North America on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I enjoy historical and/or interesting flags and the histories of various peoples. I'm not an ethnic nationalist or secessionist.
Rand Paul 2016!

JE SUIS CHARLIE
I STAND WITH UKRAINE

Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.62

The Conez Imperium
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Conez Imperium » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:25 pm

-Image Redacted-

Notice that all but one person was white, and that individual was mostly obscured and very light

I think that's nitpicking compared to the message its trying to display. I mean the poster was made in the 1940s-1950s maybe there are subtle biases but its the message I think that matters.
Salut tout le monde, c'est moi !

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:26 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Probably because they wern't fully integrated in 1917?

Well world war 1 as far as we were concerned started in 1917

Durring WW2, you usually had to fit it another suspicious category to be descriminated against. Your average German American got by fine

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nat ... ment_N.htm
A few thousand, out of the MILLIONS, in the united states were detained. Hardly wide spread mistreatment
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:26 pm

Anglo-Saxon North America wrote:

funny enough, I love not far at all from one of those. Fredericksburg, Texas. They don't:
Identify as non-American

The foreign influence is strong, but they're hyper-American, (not to mention western, which means even if they weren't they'd still be comparable), and even still, if they rejected Americanism and identified as German over American, they should go back to Germany. In fact, if they were genuinely foreign, I'd highly disprove.

And they were there for how many years compared to non-white immigrants? I don't hear about Arab or African communities in the United States that have been around just as long throwing a fit.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:27 pm

Gauthier wrote:

Durring WW2, you usually had to fit it another suspicious category to be descriminated against. Your average German American got by fine

A few thousand, out of the MILLIONS, in the united states were detained. Hardly wide spread mistreatment

Whereas virtually every Japanese American was sent to camps.

Nope, it's not about racism at all.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:29 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Well world war 1 as far as we were concerned started in 1917

Whereas virtually every Japanese American was sent to camps.

Nope, it's not about racism at all.

Im not saying we wern't racist against the Japanese....
Last edited by Byzantium Imperial on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-Saxon North America » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:30 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Anglo-Saxon North America wrote:funny enough, I love not far at all from one of those. Fredericksburg, Texas. They don't:
Identify as non-American

And they were there for how many years compared to non-white immigrants? I don't hear about Arab or African communities in the United States that have been around just as long throwing a fit.

well they've been there since about the 1850s, same time my family arrived.
And funny, the hill-country Germans did fight the CSA. Fredericksburg was razed to the ground. Let's not pretend everyone was fine with them because "lol they're white"
I enjoy historical and/or interesting flags and the histories of various peoples. I'm not an ethnic nationalist or secessionist.
Rand Paul 2016!

JE SUIS CHARLIE
I STAND WITH UKRAINE

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Gauthier wrote:

WWI started before that bud, you guys just decided to join the fun after a few years, but off topic.

Multiculturalism seems to work fine where I'm from, no one gives a fuck.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Imperium Sidhicum
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Sidhicum » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:32 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Imperium Sidhicum wrote:
It was multi-national, not multicultural, much like United States is today.

While composed of many different nations and cultures, Roman society was still united by a dominant Roman culture and law, much like United States is still united by it's own distinct brand of Anglo-Saxon Protestant culture. While Roman culture, much like American culture, was no doubt profoundly influenced by it's many subject cultures, it fundamentally still remained Roman.

Rome's downfall was ultimately brought by a combination of a massive influx of people who had no loyalty whatsoever to Roman ways and values besides pragmatic gain, and the degeneration of Roman culture itself.

At it's peak, Rome controlled most of the known world, being a true superpower of it's day. It simply had no enemies left that could pose any real challenge to it. Like all empires, Rome was built upon conquest, upon that unifying struggle against a powerful external enemy against whom all who held Roman values and ways dear could rally. In the absence of such an enemy, Rome found enemies within itself, military and political leaders who lacked an outside threat to direct their ambitions against starting to fight for power amongst themselves.

The core of Roman civilization had devolved to a rabid consumer society, completely reliant on imports from around the empire while producing very little in return. Most of the provinces, inhabited by non-Latin cultures, owed little loyalty or sympathy to this parasitic core and cooperated out of simple fear of Rome's military might. However, now that this might was waning, wasted away in civil struggles, rebellions and seccession attempts would break out with varying degrees of success. Rome's neighbors also wouldn't miss a chance to snatch pieces away from the weakening giant. To protect the Empire's borders and have enough manpower to spare for their political gambits, Rome's leaders would resort increasingly to hiring barbarians to do the fighting for them.

Again, these barbarians, who usually took payment in the form of land near Rome's borders, held no loyalty or affinity for Roman culture and ways, being there simply for personal gain. This was further aggravated by Roman economy's complete reliance on slave labour (coming, obviously, from mostly non-Latin cultures), the massive population of foreign slaves and freedmen likewise having little sympathy for Roman values.

By the time the Barbarian conquests began, Rome was already an effectively-defunct power, because most of the men defending Rome were Roman in name only. It wasn't Odoacer or Attila who brought one of the world's mightiest empires to it's knees - it was the slow but unrelenting and ever-growing tide of nameless outsiders who settled or were forcibly settled in Roman lands. In the Western Empire, proper Roman culture was functionally extinct by 476, replaced by the more simplistic barbarian cultures, the Goths merely finishing the job by formally ending a state that was functionally no longer there already.

---

The similarities between the fall of Rome and the modern Western civilization are disturbingly many. I think the question is not whether Western civilization is on the path of sharing Rome's fate, but at which phase of demise it currently is.

Let me know when the United States employs foreign militaries to fight its wars.

Perhaps NATO rings a bell. As well as the fact that a considerable percentage of US troops these days aren't even US citizens, having enlisted explicitly for the purpose of earning citizenship, and that trend is only increasing since there's less and less native-born American volunteers fit for service to be found.

NATO may formally be called an "alliance", but in reality it is a rather thinly-disguised US tool of global hegemony. No NATO operation takes place without US say-so, even where US forces are not involved, and no NATO operation has ever been known to run contrary to US interests. The relationship between United States and it's "allies" is more of a one between an empire and it's client states rather than an equal partnership it claims to be.

NATO was, after all, created explicitly for the purpose to advance US geopolitical goals and counter the post-war spread of Communism. It serves the exact same purpose as Rome's collection of client states served Rome.
Freedom doesn't mean being able to do as one please, but rather not to do as one doesn't please.

A fool sees religion as the truth. A smart man sees religion as a lie. A ruler sees religion as a useful tool.

The more God in one's mouth, the less in one's heart.

Vashtanaraada
Minister

Founded: Nov 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashtanaraada » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Gauthier wrote:

well they've been there since about the 1850s, same time my family arrived.
And funny, the hill-country Germans did fight the CSA. Fredericksburg was razed to the ground. Let's not pretend everyone was fine with them because "lol they're white"

Lincoln didn't necessarily want to free the slaves, but he had to as a political statement and with pressures.
Even he didn't believe in equal rights or abolitionism. How do you really know white communities were fully anti-immigration??
Last edited by Vashtanaraada on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19 Year Old Male, British (Scouser), Bassist, plays Heavy Metal + Hard Rock
Apatheist, Ex-Smoker and Ex-Stoner, Bi-Curious, ENFP Personality Type
University Student and Member of The Labour Party (United Kingdom)
-9.13 Economic
-6.00 Social
FOR - Democratic Socialism/ Classical Marxism/ Trade-Unionism/ Pro-Choice/ Anti-Nationalism/ Revolution/ Direct Democracy/ Internationalism/ Soft Drugs/ L.G.B.T Rights/ Ecologism/ Gender Equality.

AGAINST - Fascism/ Capitalism/ Conservatism/ Militarism/ Racism/ Homophobia/ Oligarchy/ Monarchy/ Hierarchy/ Austerity/ Dictatorships/ Leninism/ Privatisation/ Stereotypes/ Nuclear Weaponry.

Vashtanaraada
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vashtanaraada » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:37 pm

Imperium Sidhicum wrote:
Gauthier wrote:
Let me know when the United States employs foreign militaries to fight its wars.

Perhaps NATO rings a bell. As well as the fact that a considerable percentage of US troops these days aren't even US citizens, having enlisted explicitly for the purpose of earning citizenship, and that trend is only increasing since there's less and less native-born American volunteers fit for service to be found.

NATO may formally be called an "alliance", but in reality it is a rather thinly-disguised US tool of global hegemony. No NATO operation takes place without US say-so, even where US forces are not involved, and no NATO operation has ever been known to run contrary to US interests. The relationship between United States and it's "allies" is more of a one between an empire and it's client states rather than an equal partnership it claims to be.

NATO was, after all, created explicitly for the purpose to advance US geopolitical goals and counter the post-war spread of Communism. It serves the exact same purpose as Rome's collection of client states served Rome.

The Afghan National Army's being "trained" by the US, so they can function as a friendly force and uphold a US-friendly government.

wake up mate
Last edited by Vashtanaraada on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-9.13 Economic
-6.00 Social
FOR - Democratic Socialism/ Classical Marxism/ Trade-Unionism/ Pro-Choice/ Anti-Nationalism/ Revolution/ Direct Democracy/ Internationalism/ Soft Drugs/ L.G.B.T Rights/ Ecologism/ Gender Equality.

AGAINST - Fascism/ Capitalism/ Conservatism/ Militarism/ Racism/ Homophobia/ Oligarchy/ Monarchy/ Hierarchy/ Austerity/ Dictatorships/ Leninism/ Privatisation/ Stereotypes/ Nuclear Weaponry.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-Saxon North America » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:39 pm

Vashtanaraada wrote:
Anglo-Saxon North America wrote:well they've been there since about the 1850s, same time my family arrived.

Lincoln didn't necessarily want to free the slaves, but he had to as a political statement and with pressures.
Even he didn't believe in equal rights or abolitionism. How do you really know white communities were fully anti-immigration??

I don't see what you're getting at. This isn't about immigration. the predominantly white north was huge on immigration. entire units of the north were made of fresh off the boat Irish immigrants.
Rand Paul 2016!

JE SUIS CHARLIE
I STAND WITH UKRAINE

Vashtanaraada
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vashtanaraada » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:41 pm

Vashtanaraada wrote:

I don't see what you're getting at. This isn't about immigration. the predominantly white north was huge on immigration. entire units of the north were made of fresh off the boat Irish immigrants.

Apologies, I've misread people's comments, ignore the post you quoted

I meant to say pro-immigration and misread things above.
I think that cider went to me head
Last edited by Vashtanaraada on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-9.13 Economic
-6.00 Social

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-Saxon North America » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:56 pm

Vashtanaraada wrote:
Anglo-Saxon North America wrote:I don't see what you're getting at. This isn't about immigration. the predominantly white north was huge on immigration. entire units of the north were made of fresh off the boat Irish immigrants.

Apologies, I've misread people's comments, ignore the post you quoted

I meant to say pro-immigration and misread things above.
I think that cider went to me head

no problemo, partner
Rand Paul 2016!

JE SUIS CHARLIE
I STAND WITH UKRAINE

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:11 pm

Yes there is. Interculturalism should be adopted instead.
Slava Ukraini

New Werpland
Senator

Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:21 pm

The Nihilistic view wrote:Yes there is. Interculturalism should be adopted instead.

That depends on where you live.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General