NATION

PASSWORD

Bernie Sanders driven off the stage in Seattle

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sam Hyde
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:19 pm

WCJNSTBH wrote:Sam Hyde is the least racist motherfucker in this thread.

FUCKIN' SIGGED!
What the critics are saying:
Redsection wrote:Idk if your an racist , but you are funny in an weird way.
Confederate Ramenia wrote:This is when he showed the world that he was based; that he was not a cuck; that he is not a degenerate. This will be a crucial moment and I want to preserve this.
Byzantium Imperial wrote:You sir are a legend

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:

FUCKIN' SIGGED!

You're celebrating the perception that out of all of the people on the thread who fuck their mothers, you're the least racist of them?

Sam Hyde
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:41 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Sam Hyde wrote:
FUCKIN' SIGGED!

You're celebrating the perception that out of all of the people on the thread who fuck their mothers, you're the least racist of them?

Being called the least racist of anything is something that is ironically hilarious. Also I've been here for a month and I thought that the nature and intent behind most of what I say would be obvious by now, let alone my sense of humor.
Confederate Ramenia wrote:This is when he showed the world that he was based; that he was not a cuck; that he is not a degenerate. This will be a crucial moment and I want to preserve this.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:43 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Being called the least racist of anything is something that is ironically hilarious. Also I've been here for a month and I thought that the nature and intent behind most of what I say would be obvious by now, let alone my sense of humor.

I thought that mine would be, as well.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:45 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Sam Hyde wrote:

Dont worry, you got something better
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:46 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
greed and death wrote:
Storming the stage and grabbing the mike is a violent act, and threatening to shut down an event implies violence will follow if you do not get your way.

Technically, yes, but nobody seemed to feel especially threatened by the women who were there. Let's not make this into something bigger than it is.

Very hard to prove no one felt threatened(epseically when the event is called off) also when Hitler took the mic and wanted to speak it was not Hitler that was threatening it was the threat of SS thugs in the audience.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

The Cobalt Sky
Minister

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cobalt Sky » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:47 pm

Sam Hyde wrote: Also I've been here for a month and I thought that the nature and intent behind most of what I say would be obvious by now, let alone my sense of humor.

You are a ruseman, by trade and by nature, no?
I TRY TO KEEP MY WILD ASSERTIONS, AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO HOLD OFF POSTING WITH THIS NATION UNTIL 2016

MaPa Kettleville
Secretary

Founded: Jul 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby MaPa Kettleville » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:50 pm

greed and death wrote:Bernie Sanders was giving a rally in Seattle Washington when protesters storm the stage and seized the microphone.

Protesters demanded Sander's apologize for being racist and not addressing criminal justice issues.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ber ... 3c12bd197e

Honestly this seems odd. Of the Candidates for the Democratic party's nomination Sanders seems like the best bet for an aggressive civil rights policy. So I really do not know what to make of it, it almost seems like someone is trying to force Sander's out of the election. NSG any ideas, conspiracy theories ?

When there was only a handful of lobbyists and special interest groups in the 70s, there was a big pile of money to be had by them by making deals to call off their lobbying and special interest activities against whoever they targeted. Fast forward to today and there are thousands of lobby groups and special interest organizations many of which want recognition and or some type of valuable consideration. Their targets have to meet their demands or suffer the consequences.

Problem is that today there are too many groups with hands out wanting to be recognized and appreciated and not enough targets that are willing to part with the cash anymore.

Some special interest groups tried leaning on Sanders most likely and he didn't negotiate to their liking.

Sam Hyde
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:51 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Sam Hyde wrote:

You come across as very literal and out of touch with youth meme culture.

Sam Hyde
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:52 pm

The Cobalt Sky wrote:
Sam Hyde wrote: Also I've been here for a month and I thought that the nature and intent behind most of what I say would be obvious by now, let alone my sense of humor.

You are a ruseman, by trade and by nature, no?

I'm really building a reputation here. Yes, I am ;)

The Cobalt Sky
Minister

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cobalt Sky » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:15 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:
The Cobalt Sky wrote:You are a ruseman, by trade and by nature, no?

I'm really building a reputation here. Yes, I am ;)

I'm not entirely sure how seriously I should take your opinions. Some of them are mainstream enough that , although they stand in diametric opposition to mine, it isn't clear if you're always keeping up the Master Ruse or actually being serious on some threads.
I TRY TO KEEP MY WILD ASSERTIONS, AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO HOLD OFF POSTING WITH THIS NATION UNTIL 2016

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:26 pm

greed and death wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Technically, yes, but nobody seemed to feel especially threatened by the women who were there. Let's not make this into something bigger than it is.

Very hard to prove no one felt threatened(epseically when the event is called off) also when Hitler took the mic and wanted to speak it was not Hitler that was threatening it was the threat of SS thugs in the audience.

There were no statement by the candidate or the campaign that anyone felt threatened, there were no comments from anyone in the audience that anyone felt threatened, video of the campaign shows people on stage looking annoyed, but not afraid. In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I'm going to say that they probably didn't feel threatened by the unexpected presence of two women on that stage.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

You come across as not understanding sarcasm, satire, wit, humor, insightful criticism, intelligent humor, or parody, despite your obvious attempts to practice these things. I do understand youth meme culture well enough to know trolling when I see it, though.
Last edited by Yumyumsuppertime on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:36 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Even I pick up on the dry wit.

And I'm a monkey.
Great Sage, Equal of Heaven.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:56 pm

Holy shit, this is going too far. https://meditationsofarian.wordpress.com/2015/08/09/an-open-letter-to-bernie-sanders-regarding-the-blm-interruption-of-8815/A blog post I came across:
Written on 8/8/15:

Dear Mr. Bernie Sanders,

Today, I stood less than twenty-five feet from the stage and witnessed the BLM interruption of your talk in Seattle’s Westlake Park, after which you wrote that you were “disappointed” in the events that occurred. But I too, sir, am disappointed, though not as much by the methods of the two young protestors, as much as I am by your inability to display the benignity and magnanimity that all true noble leaders of history have carried out in far more difficult moments. You were offered not one, but two opportunities to speak during and after the protestors went on, and yet you refused. You had the chance to prove how deep your racial competence and cultural solidarity was by turning such a divided situation into a unified one by inspiring the predominantly White American crowd to listen compassionately to the young Black women (protestors), but you did not. You could have been the so-called “bigger person” and instilled the sentiment of empathy and patience into the crowd by speaking words of love and understanding. You could have, at the very least, said something to the effect of “all else aside, let us please honor the death of Michael Brown for a few minutes of solemn silence. He was an innocent child whose life was viciously stolen, so he deserves our honor.” Instead, you refused the microphone and scowled at these bold protesters from the corner of the stage.

There is no need for me to defend the actions of those two young women. I say this solely on the basis that history itself is the most authorized witness to the innumerable efforts that have produced the civil and human rights progresses of today, due to powerful young women like those two at today’s event. It is true, indeed, that their approach was not flawless, but you, sir, are leading the nation, namely its liberals, which have an irrefutable historical record of brushing racial injustice under the grand rug — a rug of a different type of White Supremacy — a tacit, subtle, and unconscious form, which, as we saw yesterday, unites the White crowd of so-called “liberals”, within milliseconds, into an orgy of violent, rabid hostility concentrated towards a “common enemy”, which mirrored the same energy that drove the lynch mobs throughout American history.

Perhaps you feel like the protestors should have known better, but you, sir, at seventy-three years old, as one who has consistently been active in the civil rights movement for many decades, are familiar with the righteous indignation that drives the ferment which leads to progress. Progress has always been led by such brave souls, especially women — especially women of color — who sacrifice their lives and/or reputations by saying that which is true, but which is largely ignored by White American politicians and silo-thinking liberals for reasons of an inconvenience that only an unacknowledged privilege can afford and produce.

Sir, you could have been a true leader today and joined hands with these sisters despite the demeanor with which they felt forced to approach the stage. Instead, you shamed them as your crowd did. You shamed them without even noticing that the only people in the crowd who were screaming out against the protestors were White Americans. You shamed them without noticing that those countless White Americans were screaming out racially-alienating obscenities, border-line bigoted epithets, and deeply ignoble remarks about Michael Brown! Where is your outrage and “disappointment” in their actions, sir? You shamed them without looking across the audience to gauge the heartbroken expressions of your constituents of Color, who were heartbroken by the sudden derision and sheer hatefulness that rapidly permeated throughout the crowd, immersing we, handful of People of Color, in a profound sense of alienation.

As it was perceivable by their expressions, the People of Color present were suddenly overcome with a sobering awareness of the hate being channeled towards the Black women protestors on stage, and thereby indirectly towards all attending People of Color. You sided with the anger, disappointment, and shaming of your White constituents, and not with the agony of your Constituents of Color.

Indeed, you are a brilliant man with a morally consistent voting record, but your social solidarity today was stunted by a myopia that results from responding with the ego rather than the heart. A leader is one who can lead in trying circumstances — she or he leads the masses into the hearts of those who are interpreted as even the most difficult to understand, because, for the true leader, solidarity and reconciliation is the unconditional and unwavering telos. This is how unity is born. This is how progress is achieved. But you, sir, were shaken and afraid and “disappointed” because you could not intuitively conceptualize — in that moment — the deep agony that drove these young women to protest in such a way. So, it is I, a Person of Color, and my community here in Seattle, who are disappointed in your voluntarily missed opportunities to extend the hand of solidarity and compassion to mold such an atomized event into a reunified community.

You are a masterful wordsmith in Congress, but you could not so much as find a few words to reunify this engagement; it is because you were easily infantilized into a state of awe and fear by this mild display of righteous indignation from a handful of protestors. If you cannot handle the outcries of agony and righteous indignation of we People of Color now, how can we trust that you will treat People of Color any better than your predecessors after you’ve won your presidency, sir?

Humbly,
Ariän Taher
Last edited by Geilinor on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:11 pm

What blogs are you viewing that you encounter crazies like this :p
Blaming Bernie for his not liking protesters interrupting his rally and shouting at him is stupid and unreasonable. Accusing a crowd who came to listen to Bernie who were understandably upset at being denied the opportunity racist is stupid and unreasonable. That entire blog post was stupid and unreasonable

Also, what kind of name is Ariän Taher?
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:18 pm

Geilinor wrote:Holy shit, this is going too far. https://meditationsofarian.wordpress.com/2015/08/09/an-open-letter-to-bernie-sanders-regarding-the-blm-interruption-of-8815/A blog post I came across:
Written on 8/8/15:

*snip*

Jesus Christ, that was asinine. What a painful read.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:33 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Indeed. They seem to have a problem garnering support. How often does the "either you are with us or against us" work?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Sam Hyde
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Sam Hyde wrote:

You come across as not understanding sarcasm, satire, wit, humor, insightful criticism, intelligent humor, or parody, despite your obvious attempts to practice these things.

Sarcasm? Satire? Wit? Humor?

You are many things my friend, but you've never struck me as particularly funny, and your reputation amongst NSers isn't one of humor either. Or is making an obvious incest jab from the word motherfucker astounding comedy?

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:I do understand youth meme culture well enough to know trolling when I see it, though.

The fact that you deride it as trolling shows that you don't.

>implying people don't love and adore my dank ass meme collection.

Kvatchdom
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Kvatchdom » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

They don't understand that Bernie cannot glorify Michael Brown, whom was not an innocent child, and may or may not have caused his own death. The lack of evidence makes it impossible.
boo
Left-wing nationalist, socialist, souverainist and anti-American. From the River to the Sea.
Equality, Fatherland, Socialism
I am not available on the weekends

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:46 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

I'm aware of the definition. I'm pointing out the connotations. From your own link:

The phrase has often become associated with Communist countries, especially the Soviet Union and other Eastern Bloc countries.

What is wrong with Communism?
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aidannadia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:46 pm

Kvatchdom wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

They don't understand that Bernie cannot glorify Michael Brown, whom was not an innocent child, and may or may not have caused his own death. The lack of evidence makes it impossible.

I say this tentatively for fear of bringing up a very long threadjacking argument, but how does an unarmed individual cause another to fire on him and kill him?

I don't think that's it. Bernie is more just unwilling to reward this behavior. If he says something, it's going to be on his terms and before he could say ANYTHING at all, they demanded he speak about something that not only was not on the agenda for the evening but was also something he could have addressed had they waited and acted with respect.

LESSON: Don't force fuckers to say things. They'll be non-cooperative.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Kvatchdom
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Kvatchdom » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:49 pm

Aidannadia wrote:
Kvatchdom wrote:They don't understand that Bernie cannot glorify Michael Brown, whom was not an innocent child, and may or may not have caused his own death. The lack of evidence makes it impossible.

I say this tentatively for fear of bringing up a very long threadjacking argument, but how does an unarmed individual cause another to fire on him and kill him?

I don't think that's it. Bernie is more just unwilling to reward this behavior. If he says something, it's going to be on his terms and before he could say ANYTHING at all, they demanded he speak about something that not only was not on the agenda for the evening but was also something he could have addressed had they waited and acted with respect.

It's said he reached into the police car, caused a scene and tried to grab the officer's gun. That would result in him getting shot, if the witnesses are correct.

He already rewarded this behavior, which I think is unacceptable. You can't let nazis take over rallies and yell on mics, thus you can't let these people do it either. It's manipulation. They forced Bernie to change his position on the matter. This is un-democratic.
boo
Left-wing nationalist, socialist, souverainist and anti-American. From the River to the Sea.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aidannadia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:52 pm

Kvatchdom wrote:
Aidannadia wrote:I say this tentatively for fear of bringing up a very long threadjacking argument, but how does an unarmed individual cause another to fire on him and kill him?

It's said he reached into the police car, caused a scene and tried to grab the officer's gun. That would result in him getting shot, if the witnesses are correct.

He already rewarded this behavior, which I think is unacceptable. You can't let nazis take over rallies and yell on mics, thus you can't let these people do it either. It's manipulation. They forced Bernie to change his position on the matter. This is un-democratic.

Where did they force him to change his position? Even if they influenced what he thought, that is very much a conscious decision on his part.

Comparing these people to Nazi's is unfair. I understand the meaning you wish to convey but it's oddly close to invoking Godwin's Law and I'd rather avoid that.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Kvatchdom
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Kvatchdom » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Aidannadia wrote:
Kvatchdom wrote:It's said he reached into the police car, caused a scene and tried to grab the officer's gun. That would result in him getting shot, if the witnesses are correct.

Where did they force him to change his position? Even if they influenced what he thought, that is very much a conscious decision on his part.

Comparing these people to Nazi's is unfair. I understand the meaning you wish to convey but it's oddly close to invoking Godwin's Law and I'd rather avoid that.

They have repeatedly called him a racist on twitter, claiming that Bernie will never do anything for black people. Of course Bernie, as a liberal, has to change his position or accept their namecalling.

I am not comparing them to Nazis, I am saying that this action was un-democratic and if they were Nazis the situation would have been different.
boo

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General